No Man's Sky

PlayStation Blogcast 128: Life According to Accordino

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 25, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

The gang is back together and sillier than ever! Despite that, we serve up next week’s new releases, Destiny Beta talk, and a one-two interview punch, starting with writer Matthew Berger and Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition, plus producer Nick Accordino’s PS Vita update focusing on Freedom Wars, Big Fest, and Invisimals: The Alliance.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• The Last of Us Remastered
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Destiny Beta
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
  • Freedom Wars
  • Bigfest
  • Invizimals: The Alliance
  • Jeff Goldblum
  • Spiders (oh god why)

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ M0v1ng_T4RG3T_- on July 25th, 2014 at 11:59 pm said:

Cant wait for TLOU. Im so excited cant wait.

+ Souledge94 on July 26th, 2014 at 12:52 am said:

surprised he didint bring up freedom wars is sub only.

+ BahumatIsBack on July 26th, 2014 at 1:01 am said:

So who’s the genius that closed the comments on the Shadow Of Mordor thread? It says comments will be closed after 30 days but it’s a new thread/topic

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on July 26th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Just looked into this. The comments are working, but the link on the front page was pointing to a story from last month. All fixed now!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks Justin! ^_^

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 26th, 2014 at 2:22 am said:

I have NEVER played the Last of Us, so I’m looking forward to it. Also Ratchet and Clank Collection on Tuesday and Rogue Legacy. It works out great since I finish my summer class on Tuesday.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Boy oh boy are you in for an experience!

+ MrPonuraski on July 26th, 2014 at 2:44 am said:

My, my, how Sony pumps all this cash into modern games. It must be so hard for them to find a few pennies for PS Classics.

#Suikoden2onPSStore

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

You know that Konami owns the rights to that, right?

+ Ultimate_Atheist on July 26th, 2014 at 3:31 am said:

That awesome game screenshot made me come here, but I still have NO ideas what game that is, nor do I feel I’m going to find out by listening in to the Podcast. Damn… =(

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on July 26th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

It’s Freedom Wars!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Nick Accordino will tell you all about it on the show!

+ ImSoHappy77 on July 26th, 2014 at 4:52 am said:

@Ultimate_Atheist that game would be Freedom Wars for the PSVITA.

+ ColonelOCorn on July 26th, 2014 at 4:58 am said:

Congrats Ryan!!

“That lei came from the moon! (of honey)” (sorry, Destiny quotes I can’t help it)

I went to the island you are headed to for my honeymoon as well. It was fantastic. Very chill. There is a beautiful bay on the northern part of the island. WOW.

Enjoy, and if you like fish, the “ono” (wahoo) quickly became my favorite. Solid white fish, firm and flaky. Go to the Dolphin. Yum!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

I would love to visit Hawaii. Hopefully some day!

+ magooser on July 26th, 2014 at 5:18 am said:

Instead of talking about Freedom Wars it would be better if they hurried up and finished localizing it. I’m sick and tired of the Video Game industry not releasing any blockbuster games in the Summer when I have a lot of free time. As a teacher, once the school year starts my hopes for gaming die…

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 26th, 2014 at 6:18 am said:

@9 I agree, a lot of the really good games come out in the fall when everyone else is back in school either as a student or a teacher.

+ SeanStrange on July 26th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

If I still had a Vita, I’d get Freedom Wars. Sadly, I realized that the Vita isn’t going to go anywhere, any time soon. So I traded it into Gamestop for store credit. Honestly, I think that was the best thing to do, considering the very low amount of games that are on the handheld. Having a 3DS library of games growing and my Vita library of games in eternal stasis, I thought it was about time to put the Vita down for good. I had high hopes for the Vita doing well and getting tons of great games and AAA titles, but now? It’s honestly just a JRPG machine, which doesn’t do any justice. Maybe for the avid fan, yes, but for me and 90% of other people out there? Not at all. As all the PSP commercials say, “Step your game up”, because the Vita needs to do exactly that.

+ Folklore_Legendz on July 26th, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

glad to know that you guys mention a vita game once in awhile. with the lack of AAA support that vita get’s from sony, it more than surprise’s me (to be honest). freedom wars is my most anticipated game of the year and I hope you guys take some time to post more info of the game, don’t let it die and be forgotten like soul sacrifice delta (which guys never even bother report anything on the game until the day before it’s release.) if possible could anyone of you ask a few question to the team like: will there ever be a patch with English dub after it’s release?, can we use voice chat within the game like borderlands 2? will there be DLC support for single and multiplayer campaign?…ect.

p.s. I hope sid, nick, or ryan take sometime of their busy schedule to read some of the post comment of people complaints regarding the vita and realized why some vita owners get frustrated.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

We definitely read – thanks for sharing.

+ UndreyVITA on July 26th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

I just listened to the last episode yesterday, seeing this today was quite surprising.

+ jgrizzle358 on July 26th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

How many drugs do you guys do before the show usually?

I’m not even 5 minutes in and we’re already on the goofy track. lol. This is gonna be a fun one I can tell.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

All of the drugs! Just kidding, we usually record late in the week and at the end of the day, so we’re usually all loopy.

+ RE_Player on July 26th, 2014 at 5:27 pm said:

Thanks for the episode guys. Looking forward to Freedom Wars and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition for the PlayStation 4.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Thanks for listening!

+ skipzz9 on July 26th, 2014 at 5:40 pm said:

by any chance is there going to be a demo for Freedom wars in US, is there collectors edition for Freedom wars, and when will it come out?

+ MisterCTwo on July 26th, 2014 at 10:19 pm said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing if the PS Blogcast could be downloaded directly from the PSN store onto my Vita? Yep, that’d be pretty cool.

+ Rainwater on July 27th, 2014 at 4:52 am said:

@11 Are you sure the 3Ds has a library growing any faster than the Vita’s? I just recently made a spreadsheet of games I’m planning to buy for both systems and came up with more Vita games than 3DS. Check this link if you want to see what’s coming out for Vita (and I haven’t found a similar one for 3DS yet):

Personally, I’m not convinced either handheld is in such great shape and I think that’s a damn shame.

+ Gordonboy2 on July 27th, 2014 at 5:16 am said:

This podcast was really, very, super unique!

I enjoyed listening to this podcast on my Vita while I was playing Destiny of Spirits… Didn’t think I would be interested at all in Big Fest, but everything about it sounds intriguing! Also, Free-to-Play is ALWAYS nice!

Thanks for the podcast!

+ TeamGreen615 on July 27th, 2014 at 10:26 pm said:

Nick, I just listened to the Blogcast and heard you drove through Nashville (615). Glad you enjoyed the concert, there’s actually some great little places here to attend and it’s not all country music. I hope you didn’t have any trouble with the interstate system. With three major interstates coming together in one city it has its issues at times. Perhaps that’s why truck divers often refer to Nashville as Crashville. Great show as always fellas!

+ jchill001 on July 28th, 2014 at 9:22 am said:

@Souledge94 freedom wars sucks anyway
read this http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/29tt7d/freedom_wars_is_a_glass_half_empty_and_painfully/

+ akiratech on July 28th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Hey guys check this out ! #goldblumlaugh

+ Kazriko on July 28th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

I want to preorder those Play items, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to preorder them on PSVita. Are they going to add this?

+ PooPface560 on July 28th, 2014 at 6:00 pm said:

Random PS1 classics that i would like on PSN. Silverload, Foxhunt, Overblood and Die Hard trilogy. Just wanted to get this out there.. Thank you.

+ Nejithegreat on July 28th, 2014 at 11:09 pm said:

Still now update on when Freedom Wars will be out. I really hope it comes out soon plus all the info he said about the game is known by all already.

+ GlassBead on July 29th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Great interview on Diablo III – not typically interested but the interview by Ryan was fun. At some point I think they were speaking about the Angel of Death having a PR firm and that it is not an undead PR firm; it’s just a regular PR firm.

+ ColinZeal on August 3rd, 2014 at 5:27 am said:

That ending track, what is that?