PS4-Watch_Dogs

Hotline Miami Hits PS4 August 19th

Fork Parker's Avatar + Posted by Fork Parker on Aug 11, 2014 // Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

A little over one year ago, Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin’s Hotline Miami launched on PS3 and PS Vita, thanks to the efforts of fellow developer Abstraction Games and the good folks at PlayStation.

Between now and then, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was announced and PS4 took the world by storm, but we always knew that Dennaton Games’ landmark hit had to make its way to PS4. That’s why we’re absolutely thrilled to announce that Hotline Miami will launch for PS4 on August 19th in North America.

So what’s new? Well, the team didn’t want to tamper with the perfection that is Hotline Miami for the latest release, but there were certainly some fun new options that were only possible on PS4. Gamers can now use DualShock 4′s touch pad to look around and lock on enemies, and actually shake the controller itself to perform execution moves when you have an enemy pinned on the ground. And to take the violence to the next level, the sounds of those same execution moves are amplified through the speaker on the DualShock 4 itself. Ouch.

Hotline Miami on PS4Hotline Miami on PS4

Dennaton Games, Abstraction Games, and Devolver Digital hope you enjoy this latest version of Hotline Miami and are hyped for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. Hotline Miami is a cross buy game, so if you own it on PS3 or PS Vita then you already own it on PS4.

Please follow @HotlineMiami and @DevolverDigital on Twitter for more news about all things Hotline Miami, and thanks to all the fans for your amazing support!

43 Comments

+ Shudderdust on August 11th, 2014 at 8:32 am said:

Cross-buy woohoo! I still think this plays best on Vita though.

+ playstantion on August 11th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

How much does it cost?

+ snakeeyes211 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Awesome

+ SnakeVNZ on August 11th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

OH YES!!! IM IN LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
Thank you ford parker you rock!

+ angibri2000 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

Cross-save?

+ thebledkid22 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

Any new trophies or does this title go with the same PS3 and Vita list?

+ Decker01 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Nice. I always love it when you guys bring over a PS3 or Vita game to the PS4 and don’t charge any more for it. What a great, consumer-friendly policy. Looking forward to revisiting this game.

+ TravisS23 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

I bought it for PS3 a year ago. Will I be able to download it onto my ps4 without having to pay for it again?

+ KnightRush15 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

I love this game so much that I play it religiously.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 11th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Wow yet another game i’m getting Aug 19th.
I’ll admit I got this game via PS Plus and it is addicting despite its hard difficulty. It makes me want to keep trying to pass the level. Good Job to you guys! :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 11th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Also an idea in case you haven’t thought of it already, when the 2nd one releases, you should release the 2 of them as a double pack for those that don’t own either one and are interested in it.

+ pPpPancakes on August 11th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Will the level editor be available for PS4?

+ iXi_LAWM9STER on August 11th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

I love this game awesome on vita!!!

+ Royank on August 11th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

Got this game for free through PlayStation Plus, so will it be a free download on PS4 when its released?

+ ShoddySkill on August 11th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

The 19th is loaded with new releases.

+ Rammel29 on August 11th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Glad to see how far this game has come. Can’t wait for Hotlime Miami 2! Is it really true that it will be the last game in the series?

+ maxcoronel2014 on August 11th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

Awesome!!!

+ Darig0n on August 11th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Will cross save work though? :o Never finished it on my PSVita

+ PrinceofXIII on August 11th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Cross Save please :P

+ zeothedeathgod on August 11th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Please…please please please tell me there is a separate platinum. I got it for vita/ps3 and will still download it. But I will go for the platinum again if its an option. Thank you so much for bringing this to ps4. Can not wait for the sequel.

+ bluenightmare941 on August 11th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Yeah play it bcuz of playstation plus, but better than most triple AAA games out there. Simple easy story to follow with a little twist you don’t see in games anymore. I hope Wrong Number keeps that swag the first one had; the vita version felt more comfortable.

+ iREVOLTER on August 11th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

Separate Trophy List?

+ KwietStorm on August 11th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

Damn I thought this was the sequel. Well at least I already own it.

+ Fats-DinknOllie on August 11th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Ill be kneck deep in diablo but ill get this eventually if not the same day. Game is so fun, i cant wait to use the level creator.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on August 11th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

“on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita”
OH YES
Thank you so much for that!

+ ArmedOne78 on August 11th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Great game. Fun as hell on the Vita. Can’t wait for part 2. http://woobox.com/ovwdyh/9iynit

+ Texus009 on August 11th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

Cross Buy? Woooo! Very awesome <3 Been looking to play this gem again, now I have the perfect excuse :D

+ Darth_NODlike on August 11th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

This is good news. I was hoping for a release date for Hotline Miami 2, but no big deal. Actually, I was hoping to play Hotline Miami 2 at your booth in Dallas at SGC, but I got to try BroForce instead, so no hard feelings. Keep up the great work!

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on August 11th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

i know i should not, but im getting very irritated with the flod of small games on ps4. Yeah it does not hurt nyone and the games are pretty good, but come on give us some high powered indies!!!

+ tusunami on August 11th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

This is just the best I haven’t play this just yet but playing on my PS4 will be the way I’m going to play first. From what my friends that have play this said it was quite fun.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on August 11th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

Hotline Miami is one of the best indies out there, NoGodsOnlyMan.
If by “high powered” you mean “better graphics”, you could ask for better games overall for PS4, or you could just play good PS3 games.

+ insano_jaco on August 11th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

Hotline Miami is a perfect fit for Vita, a killer app it is!

Thanks for cross-buy mate, I would pay for it again though!

Waiting for Wrong Number!

+ Gamerzlimited on August 11th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

Great to hear that PS4 owners gets it for free if they already owned the PS3/PS Vita versions. Can’t wait for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number!

@TravisS23 “Hotline Miami is a cross buy game, so if you own it on PS3 or PS Vita then you already own it on PS4.”

I like how people don’t learn to read.

+ Kourosh2 on August 11th, 2014 at 8:39 pm said:

It’s a good game, but really buggy sometimes (on PS3)

+ tehkeemo on August 12th, 2014 at 7:16 am said:

I keep my fingers crossed for Cross-save as I have not finished the game yet on my Vita! You rocks guys! Cross-buy is something I’d love to see on more titles!

+ logicbomb_DE on August 12th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Just so everyone knows, games that support Cross-Save will always share the same trophy set.

Seeing as how the Vita and PS3 versions support cross save, I’m sure the PS4 version will have it as well…

and that means it will share a trophy set.

+ Doc_Dapper on August 19th, 2014 at 5:51 am said:

Woke up extra early to dowload this game, couldn’t find it on psn! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

+ IluvHouse-music on August 19th, 2014 at 6:04 am said:

@doc_dapper

I have the same problem right now. I’ll probably buy the ps3 version since it is cross buy and hopefully it will appear on my screen

+ Doc_Dapper on August 19th, 2014 at 6:07 am said:

I was thinking of doing the same thing. hooked ps3 up and dowloaded update and it crashed on me! So hope it shows up soon, let me know if that way works for you!

+ IluvHouse-music on August 19th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Nope didn’t work

+ Zcrooler on August 19th, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

This day has already come to ps4 but apparently not cross-buy because I have it on ps vita and when I want to download the ps4 asks me to repay $ 7.99 even though I have already associated in my account! alguen more than what you can not download without having to pay ?? :o

+ DingoBonecrush on August 19th, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

Not really Cross Buy unless you purchased it today, Sony Support told me that 5 minutes ago. I saved the chat transcript in case anyone wants more info.

So I suppose “if you already own it” only applies to if you purchased it today….doesn’t really make sense.

+ DingoBonecrush on August 19th, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

Maybe someone should tell this to Sony Support:

From Revolver Digital:
The issues with Hotline Miami not always functioning as a Cross-Buy title will be fixed within a few hours by our friends at PlayStation!