PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet 3: New Create Tools and Features Detailed

Pete Smith's Avatar + Posted by Pete Smith on Aug 12, 2014 // Executive Producer

We’re showcasing some of the brand new tools and features in LittleBigPlanet 3 at Gamescom this week and we’re here today to give you a glimpse at these exciting new gadgets and features that you will be able to use to create your brand new levels!

Customizable Heroes

Our brave, brave new heroes – Oddsock, Swoop, and Toggle – all come with their own unique special abilities and physics but they’re capable of oh so much more! Each hero can be fully costumed up just like Sackboy but you can also tweak them all in Create Mode to completely change their handling and abilities for your own levels!

The Blaster Handle

You have all seen his friends’ special abilities, but Sackboy has some brand new tricks too! Using the new Blaster Handle tool you can create your very own power-ups for Sackboy to use! Power-ups from goo-firing guns to magically enchanted staffs are now possible… The only limitation is your imagination!

Little Big Planet 3

Dynamic Thermometer and Deep Layers

Using our brand new Dynamic Thermometer functionality, the LBP create thermometer is now more flexible than ever. This will allow for created levels to be massively bigger than ever before and even have much greater depth since a creator can now make use of up to 16 playable layers with some rather neat new gameplay objects to help our heroes transition between multiple layers instantaneously.

Touch Create

We’re fully utilizing the unique features of the PlayStation 4 and using the DualShock 4’s new touch pad. You will now be able to use Touch Create to bring a whole new element to your level creation that just wasn’t possible until now!

Little Big Planet 3

Create More Expansive Adventures

Using our new adventure creation tools, you can now make your very own Adventure Maps filled with levels containing fun and exciting quests that can be tracked across the entire Adventure using the new Organisertron quest tracker!

The Sack Pocket

Whilst playing adventures and completing quests, you will be able to collect power-ups that Sackboy can add to his personal inventory, the Sack Pocket! Using the Sack Pocket, you can quickly equip and use these power-ups at any time during your home-made adventures!

Little Big Planet 3

Create Anything!

That’s not all and we’re still just scraping the surface! If we had to sum up the new additions in the tastiest of nutshells, we can tell you that you will gain access to the following in LittleBigPlanet 3…

• 70 Brand New Tools
  • 29 Enhanced Tools from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2
  • 10 Tools from LittleBigPlanet PS Vita arriving to home consoles for the first ever time!

If you combine that with all of the other tools that we’re bringing forward from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2… That gives you an absolutely whopping 250 Create Tools to pour all your imagination and creativity into!

Little Big Planet 3

Create & Share Trailers, Stream Gameplay and More!

It just wouldn’t be LittleBigPlanet if you couldn’t share your amazing creations and activity with the rest of the community! Using the PlayStation 4’s Share features, you will now be able to create trailer-style videos that you can attach to your published levels to give the rest of a community a personalised preview of your level.

We will also be adding full video integration to our LBP.me community site. You will be able to use the site to quickly find great new video content to watch and queue up new levels to play. Finding great content in LittleBigPlanet has never been easier!

LittleBigPlanet 3 comes to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on November 18th and is available to pre-order now!

We can’t wait to see what you create with these brand new tools! Let us know what you will be creating in LittleBigPlanet 3 in the comments below!

24 Comments

+ xClayMeow on August 12th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

New LBP3 news!

:looks to see if Vita is mentioned:

Nope…

Alright, moving along…

+ Curtisio on August 12th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

I know I want this, but I still don’t know if I want to pre-order thru the PSN store or Gamestop.

+ TJLEW on August 12th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Will there be a collector’s edition?

+ niwrA on August 12th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

This is the kind of game you want on a harddrive, not on a disc … :)

+ fgsfds100 on August 12th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

I want to see a collector’s edition too. One with ALL of the pre-order DLC included.

Having to buy multiple copies or deal with the gougers on eBay to get all of the store exclusives is doing a disservice to your players.

+ MaxxAmmo on August 12th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

What (if any) are the primary differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of LBP3?

Are they identical in every way? Will levels created on either PS3 or PS4 be playable on either system?

+ madcowzz on August 12th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Will all past LBP costumes be usable in this?

+ Elvick_ on August 12th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

I want it nao.

+ ein_nineteenth on August 12th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

As a person who has several friends who play LBP, I have to ask this question on their behalf since I can’t find the answer anywhere online.

Will the DLC purchased with 1, 2 and Karts be compatible with 3?

+ PrinceofXIII on August 12th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

Why include PS3? Just place it on Vita and it would have been perfect.

ALL DLC’s are compatible with 3. Not sure about the Karts though.

+ gerneric123 on August 12th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

I guess this is how we create the Vita games Sony didn’t announce today?

+ Ryuhza on August 12th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

Pumped for LittleBigPlanet 3. I wasn’t sure how to feel about it at first, but in the months since it’s announcement, I’ve grown to loving the idea.

I’m wondering whether or not this game will have any beta tests for the public, like the first two did. I think it’s a good idea, both for working out unexpected kinks before launch, and in grabbing the attention of more people and selling them on the game. Even those who are only mildly interested in the title won’t think twice about trying a free beta.

Almost have enough cash set aside to pre-order. See you there day one!

+ NO_FEAR on August 12th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

Hi Pete! This is going to be hella fun!

+ NO_FEAR on August 12th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

…Oh ya tell Sarah I said Hi! Hope everyone is having a great Gamescon!

+ Mercenary09 on August 12th, 2014 at 3:21 pm said:

Any plans for a collectors edition guys?

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 12th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

Please don’t have another 24 hour trophy, or another trophy asking for 30 plays on your level… the trophies in LBP have been so brutal to players who do not have the natural talent to use these tools.

+ KAPBAM on August 12th, 2014 at 5:04 pm said:

Omg this is amazing! LBP Vita had the epitome of Create mode so far, so the confirmation that we’re getting some of those features is hella good news! And I expected it, but again it’s confirmed we can use the touchpad to create, that’s HUGE. I just recently updated the user-driver on my PC to use the Dualshock 4 and it’s an amazing experience. If I just want to game, thanks to the touchpad acting as a (surprisingly efficient) mouse, I never have to touch a mouse and keyboard. Steam Machines have missed their window as far as I’m concerned, a DS4 is all I need, and it’ll likely be all I could have hoped for in LBP3′s Create mode :D

Excuse the gushing rant… I’m excited!

+ Curtisio on August 12th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

Will there be a way to transfer your collected materials, objects, DLC, and etc. to the PS4 version?

+ ivanhot9 on August 12th, 2014 at 7:32 pm said:

I cant wait for this game! im a huge fan of the LBP series.
I own all LBP games.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 12th, 2014 at 11:18 pm said:

Will anything we collected from LBP2 be transferred to the PS4 version?

Will continue to ask this question until I get an answer.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on August 13th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

@SlyCooperFan100: In a way, I disagree. The purpose of those trophies was to ensure that people not interested in creating wouldn’t get those trophies. They’re trying to make those trophies (and the platinum) difficult. I never platted a LBP game, nor do I have any of the major Create trophies.

Of course, what actually happened is that trophy who…err, *hunters* (like me) just made millions of horrible/minimal/unfinished levels to satisfy the basic requirements of the trophies. Epic fail.

But I couldn’t be bothered to get those trophies legit *or* play other people’s terrible half-arsed levels in exchange for them playing mine.

So I’m actually agreeing with you for (perhaps) a somewhat different reason: I don’t want to see the Community levels in LBP3 become yet another trash pit of bare-minimum trophy crap.

(BTW, there are innumerable fantastic levels out there among the garbage. Some of it was inspired by the trophies. But a new approach is needed, IMHO.)

+ Ramiropro on August 13th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Sounds… VERY cool! Looking foward for the third time to this!

+ Astroking112 on August 13th, 2014 at 11:17 pm said:

I’m extremely excited for this, and I had been wondering why I didn’t see anything besides a trailer at the conference! All of these features look very interesting, and if I read the Quests/Sack Pocket correctly, then I believe we could make a psuedo-open world medieval game with multiple quests to choose and items to collect.

Also, with the new camera options, I won’t stop until I manage to make a Crash Bandicoot-esque boulder run level.

+ JustLu on August 18th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

My daughter still plays quite a bit of lbp2 on ps3 all of her friends have ps3′s but we have a ps4 collecting dust. I want to buy this for ps4 but have one question. Will there be cross play? Can my daughter play lbp3 on ps4 online with her friends playing lbp3 on ps3?