No Man's Sky

The Order: 1886 at Gamescom – Introducing Nikola Tesla

Ru Weerasuriya's Avatar + Posted by Ru Weerasuriya on Aug 12, 2014 // CEO and Creative Director, Ready At Dawn Studios

Ready At Dawn is excited to be at Gamescom 2014. This event has been an amazing place to reveal more of our game in the past and we are happy to do so once again this year.

Tesla

For Gamescom 2014, we are thrilled to release a trailer showcasing new weapons and environments that you’ll be able to experience in The Order: 1886. Each weapon will give you the ability to experience different approaches to combat, whether it’s brute force or stealth. We are also excited to introduce one of the pivotal characters of the story; Nikola Tesla, one of the greatest minds Humanity has ever seen.

Tesla not only brings with him real-world history but also the genius of his inventions that are the foundation of many of the weapons and devices you will experience in the game, including the Arc Gun and the Thermite Rifle. The inclusion of Tesla is a great example of how we have integrated real figures into our fiction to create an original universe.

Tesla Lab- Personal

Having moved to the United States in 1884, Tesla works in the company of some of the most influential people of the time on the New Continent, but the young inventor catches the interest of The Order and is convinced to return to Europe and join the group as their chief scientist.

He soon proves to be an invaluable asset and creates some of the most advanced weaponry known to man. But with great power comes great responsibility… and in the wrong hands, these weapons may prove to be as much a threat as an advantage.

19th century London will serve as the backdrop to our story, from the streets of Whitechapel to the docks of Blackwall Yard, and all the way to the halls of the Palace of Westminster where more mysteries will be revealed.

Stay tuned for more updates from The Order: 1886 during the show!

28 Comments

+ KidGreengene on August 12th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

… My d**k just moved

+ Sharingan_itachi on August 12th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

no one cares about this movie

+ oo7PorscheMGS on August 12th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

^^^ I do ;) And speaking of movies… the movie “The Prestige” reminds me of the atmosphere this game has. But there weren’t monsters in that movie haha, and this is a GAME which is even better than a movie ;) Looks badass, can’t wait to play it.

Tesla is amazing, and I love a game with UNIQUE guns (unreal tournament, resistance, ratchet n’ clank..). Keep making awesome guns and I hope the story is deep too!

+ Zacky-V-A7X on August 12th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

My mind is totally blown away!!!!!!!! can’t wait, my pre order is ready!!.

+ Deadpoolian on August 12th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

I’m getting more and more excited every time I see new footage of this game! Definitely one of my most anticipated titles of 2015.

+ D-Squad3 on August 12th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

Day 1 collector’s edition!

+ tehkeemo on August 12th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

phew, this and Bloodborne – Im in heaven! Can’t wait!

+ Elvick_ on August 12th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

This game looks amazing. I can’t wait to play it.

+ butcherknife on August 12th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

This game looks amazing.

+ mikemill on August 12th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

One of my most anticipated games. Day 1 purchase, cannot wait!!!

+ Warped on August 12th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Wow this just made the game even more appealing to me. Tesla is my all time favorite scientist and now hes a bad ass in a game. Great job guys on putting his name out there even more and hopefully more people look into him. Looks like you just got a sure buy from me. keep up the good work.

+ NO_FEAR on August 12th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

The controls for this game felt so good at E3, The demo was super tight! This revelation just geeked me out about this game! It all makes so much more sense now!

+ notoptimus on August 12th, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

You have piqued my interest.

+ Phillyblunz on August 12th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

I am conflicted about Tesla’s role in this game.

Tesla was a pacifist, he would not have wanted to create weapons for troops I think.

All his weaponizable ideas were measured aimed at preventing war.

His famous death rays were aimed at being discouragement to attacks and more so he had planned to setup an energy force field around entire countries while the shores were protected by “death” rays capable of melting the engines of attacking planes/ships from many miles away.

If in place he figured no one would ever attack and war/conflict would be avoided.

Now he is making death weapons for soldiers?

Tell you what add some historical commentary of his or some true facts about him to make amends.

Tesla is my hero, I just want him honored properly.

Cheers!

+ thunderbear on August 12th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

This trailer was IMO way better than the E3 trailer. Showed more variety. Best trailer since the original one. Looks fantastic and it was awesome to see some new environments. This is one of my most anticipated games and I’m disappointed it was delayed only because I want to play it so bad.

I got two concerns if I may share my opinion:

1) The weapon where you shoot fuel into the air and then ignite it isn’t as exciting as it should be. I don’t really like the particle work either. By the looks of it I would much rather use the other weapons even if less exotic.

2) The filter when you slow down time. Too much noise and too black and white. The shifting from enemy to enemy looks fantastic but the colors and filters really don’t work for me. Quantum break looked way more exciting when you slowed down time color/filter wise. I get that you are going for an old feeling I just feel it could really use some polishing.

The half-breeds look amazing and I wonder if we get to see any other variations… Since it’s SP only I hope it’s a lengthy campaign but even a 8-10 hour would have me plonk down $60. Just some kind of horde mode would have been nice to extend playing time..

+ TrueRadiantFree on August 12th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

First of all, whose horrible idea was it to put this and the other two FIRST-PARTY EXCLUSIVE NEW trailers before the press conference started when people were still walking in, and the stream was not supposed to start yet. I missed this, but saw it on YouTube later, it was just weird and should have had a spotlight in the middle of the show!

Also, I love the Tesla integration, and hopefully this means that we will see Galahad using the Arc Rifle in some gameplay next, like he was in the debut announcement trailer at last E3!

^In response to the above comment, Lastly, my opinion is that I like the particle effects and the Thermite Rifle looks to be one of the game-changing weapons for me. Also, Blacksight and its looks and filter is probably the most exciting thing I’ve seen in the game!

P.S. I still hope you guys don’t male the knights of the Order a bunch of atheists in the game, storywise.

+ Wozman23 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

As a huge fan of Tesla, this just keeps getting better and better.

+ Zephram on August 12th, 2014 at 10:10 pm said:

Tesla was screwed out of the radio patent, so I hope the game addresses this issue. Oh, and if genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration, Edison was a sweaty pig.

+ Zephram on August 12th, 2014 at 10:17 pm said:

That didn’t come out right. I meant that Edison achieved more through sheer effort than Tesla. Tesla was a truly inspired genius, possessed of an almost otherworldly consciousness.

+ Zoidy3942 on August 13th, 2014 at 12:14 am said:

10/10 “Best game ever”… I can already see the reviews :)

+ ABeardedViking on August 13th, 2014 at 3:37 am said:

Man February can’t get here fast enough. The Order 1886 one of the reasons I switched over to PS4

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2014 at 5:50 am said:

I must say the extra time to perfect the game is definitely paying off the story and gameplay mechanics are quite impressive indeed!!!!!!!

+ pablofsi08 on August 13th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

Tesla, the crazy madman and the legend… not to lick science’s ass but, he was.

+ Welmosca on August 13th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Awesome trailer,the gameplay showed was a blast….as always top-notch technical marvel,The Order is one of the reasons for me to buy a PS4.

But I wonder if you guys will really tell history’s darkest secret and what happened with Tesla?….probably not right….I don’t blame you guys.Game is a must-buy either way.

+ Welmosca on August 13th, 2014 at 11:24 am said:

@ 2 Sharingan_itachi – Wow STFU….so you think you’re the voice of people?…..such ignorance,such shame…you should not use Itachi’s name.

@ 23 pablofsi08 – He wasn’t a madman…thats what “history” wants you to believe.

+ Matrix_Lion on August 13th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

Now that Destiny is taken care of. This is the game I’m looking forward to the most.

+ Astroking112 on August 13th, 2014 at 10:57 pm said:

I had guessed that Tesla would be involved a little after “The Pledge Trailer” when I was thinking about the Arc Rifles. Imagine my surprise when I rewatched that trailer and found an article headline about him in the newspaper at the corner, along with the stuff about Jack the Ripper that I had seen earlier.

Still, this trailer completely reinvigorated my interest in this game. If only it hadn’t been before the show.

+ joe75cool on August 14th, 2014 at 5:37 am said:

One word: OUTSTANDING!!! Got mine preorder for the premium edition and ready for 2015. Is there a possibility that this game may come with post DLC? Just asking