PS4-The Order

Joe Danger Coming to PS Vita on September 2nd

Alex Wiltshire's Avatar + Posted by Alex Wiltshire on Aug 27, 2014 // Hello Games

Joe Danger on PS Vita

Hello, PlayStation.Blog! Let’s get right to it! We’re excited to announce that our game Joe Danger will be launching for PS Vita on September 2nd via PlayStation Store!

And that’s not all! PlayStation Plus members will get it for FREE as part of their September batch of games. Actually, you might already know this, because Sony’s official PlayStation Plus September announcement has made that pretty clear.

We know it’s been a bit of a wait, but we wanted to make sure it is perfect, and we’re incredibly proud of what we’ve been able to achieve. It’s everything you’d expect from Joe Danger in your hands.

It runs at a super smooth target of 60 frames per second, it’s pin-sharp, and super colorful.

Joe Danger on PS VitaJoe Danger on PS Vita

It features every level in the PS3 original, plus the never-before-released on PlayStation Laboratory levels, making 84 levels in total. That’s a lot of game. Our UK indie friends Four Door Lemon have really helped us make it the perfect version.

What else… There are 25 characters to play as, a full set of Trophies to win, and the Vita version features a slightly tweaked control system so it plays really nicely. For the first time you can create your own levels with Vita touch controls. The game automatically downloads player ghosts for you to race against, which is another feature that has never been on PlayStation before, and there are online leaderboards for you to compete on, against your friends, and the world.

So you could say it’s more Joe Danger than ever, smaller than ever.

But what about the sequel, Joe Danger 2: The Movie!? Well, it’s still on the way! We’ll have news on that soon-ish.

21 Comments

+ Mercenary09 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Been waiting on this guys! Loved it on PS3. Maybe you can make Joe Danger 2 Vita free in October? =)

Also really looking forward to No Mans Sky. Can’t wait to hear more about it!

+ bighw35 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Great news been waiting a while for this on vita!! Joe 2 would also be great,,, Getting 2 games free this month that I’ve been wanting for awhile. This one and so pumped for velocity 2x! !!!

+ pitolyo on August 27th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

Hey Alex , what about sackboy??? :)

+ KingHabagaT_T on August 27th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

You have just made a grown man very happy! One wish sir please release Joe Danger 2: The Movie on or before December this year so excited to play Tearaway’s Atoi and Iota and specially Sackboy.

+ dogbert784 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

The smile on my face couldn’t get any wider!

+ vladspartan on August 27th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

serious sony? serious serious? i pay 2 years ahead of plus for this ****?? i got to be kid… right?! why the f… i want play this sh…?? and on my ps4? my ps4 that no conect anymore since the attacks!? and why i cant connect anymore on my ps4?? serious sony!! do something or give my money back ok!!!

+ tylerh1701 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Full set of trophies meaning there is a platinum?

+ nosforatu75 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

More crap comes to PS Plus in Sept. Ugh

+ xClayMeow on August 27th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

I wasn’t that impressed with Joe Danger on PC, but hopefully the Vita version will change my mind since it seems more suited to a portable experience.

I do love you guys as a company though!

+ Solid_Duff on August 27th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

My goodness, and people complain about the Vita not having games. This is going to be awesome. Joe Danger and Velocity 2X on the same day.

+ ParkingtigersX on August 27th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Definitely the kind of game I’ll enjoy more on Vita than on a big console. Very much looking forward to this, thanks for making it a PS+ game.

+ Karvahl on August 27th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Hello Games, you guys are amazing! Never played the first Joe Danger, and i have my Vita Slim that’s looking for some games.
Definitely looking forward to it and No Man’s Sky :D

+ Returners on August 27th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Is there Cross Save?

+ SolidPnk on August 27th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

Woah! I love this game!
I’ll definitely get this for my vita!
What’s even more cool is that September 2nd is my birthday!!
= )

+ yowzagabowza on August 27th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

So its not cross buy, i take it? Too bad. If it was, maybe a spot on the IGC wouldn’t have been wasted.

+ tusunami on August 27th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

I have always wanted to play this game & tuesday I will finally get the chance to I’m downloading this ASAP!!!!!!!!

+ GattsuWolf on August 27th, 2014 at 7:25 pm said:

Day 1 must download hahaha Nice job! ;)

+ Welmosca on August 28th, 2014 at 1:58 am said:

Great…will get JD for Vita at some point…a question though:Are the servers of JD2 still working on PS3?….they were supposed to close along with gamespy…any word on that?

+ Grexotic on August 28th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

Thank you!

+ Elvick_ on August 29th, 2014 at 3:47 am said:

Can’t wait! :D

Sackboy is still in it right? (or was that in 2… or both? )

+ plaztiksyke on August 29th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

cross-buy or discount for people who bought the game on PS3?

great to see it coming to Vita. will it have better anti-aliasing? the aliasing artifacts in the PS3 version were pretty distracting.

does it use any rendering improvements developed for the sequels or ports to other platforms?