GTAV PS4

Alone With You Coming Exclusively to PS4, Vita in 2015

Benjamin Rivers's Avatar + Posted by Benjamin Rivers on Aug 28, 2014 // Director, Benjamin Rivers Inc.

At GDC this year we announced that indie horror hit Home was coming to PlayStation, and today we get to announce something even more exciting; I am delighted to finally reveal that my new game, Alone With You, is coming out in 2015 as a PlayStation exclusive on PS4 and PS Vita!

Alone With You is a sci-fi game for people who love adventure, exploring and maybe even a little romance. You play as the sole remaining member of a doomed terraforming colony. Your planet will crumble and implode in less than a month, and you must use your remaining time to try to escape.

Alone With You on PS4, PS Vita

The catch? There is only one escape pod left, and it isn’t functioning. Even worse, the only people who specialized in its systems are all dead as a result of the colony’s mysterious failure. But the colony’s AI is still with you, and together you plan to get yourselves off the planet—by recreating those key colony members and learning how to fix the ship, so you can both flee to safety.

You’ll explore half a dozen unique areas, using your scanner to find things you need, and return home safely. Along the way you’ll piece together bits of what happened before the colonists met their end. Every day, you’ll converse with your ever-present AI companion to learn more about the planet and your quest—you may even get to know each other pretty well, which should give you both plenty to discuss as you work together, day after day.

Alone With You on PS4, PS Vita

Alone With You on PS4, PS VitaAlone With You on PS4, PS Vita

As for the romance? Well, let’s just say that recreating your former colleagues might not be as straightforward as you imagine; they may be interested in more than just technical details. No matter who you are, you’ll be able to take a crack at love—and your choices will affect how the story ultimately plays out.

This game puts a new spin on adventure by making your relationships with the colonists and the AI central to the story, so I hope you’ll ask questions in the comments if there’s anything else you want to know. I can’t wait for everyone to get their hands on this and see how they play.

+ Skywarrd on August 28th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

Really liking that all these games are coming to Vita as well. Well done everyone!

+ Zionine on August 28th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

The blog home page is showing the Destiny content video, FYI. :)

+ Zionine on August 28th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Fixed as soon as I posted that..

+ doppelganger514 on August 28th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

2015 is shaping up to be a good year.

+ the_caribbean_dx on August 28th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Suck!

+ onlineatron on August 28th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

oh my that’s pretty :)

+ Surfaced on August 28th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Sounds a lot like Christine Love’s “A Hate Story”.
Looking forward to this.

+ DarkKeyblade on August 28th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

Looks like it’s gonna be so much fun! Awesome job! Will same sex relationships be possible?

Benjamin Rivers's Avatar

+ Benjamin Rivers on August 28th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Yes! Since the player character has no defined gender, you can play however you like.

+ GStylez1980 on August 28th, 2014 at 9:32 am said:

Awesome!

+ GattsuWolf on August 28th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

Interesting

+ xClayMeow on August 28th, 2014 at 9:39 am said:

The concept and gameplay sound awesome, but not really digging the visuals. I’m not opposed to pixel graphics, but there’s just something about this that doesn’t seem to fit with the game, IMO :(. Would have preferred a much cleaner, modern look to go with the sci-fi theme.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 28th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Huh, sounds interesting…

+ wilfareus on August 28th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

loving all these Vita games :D

+ Nazotchi on August 28th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

I’ve been really looking forward to this, but I assumed it would be PC only! This is great news!

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 28th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

Looks very cool. Will probably pick this up when it releases, as long as it doesn’t decide to release around the same time as The Order and Witcher 3, haha. 2015 is really starting to shape up.

+ Ramen_4_Life on August 28th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

Looks like another game that’s going to get inside my head and make me question things… Count me in!

+ califoreigner on August 28th, 2014 at 5:05 pm said:

looks pretty good. i’ll be keeping an eye on this one

+ PrinceofXIII on August 28th, 2014 at 5:12 pm said:

Good stuff!!

+ ALEXBERSERK on August 28th, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

This game i must check it!!!
Had an Alien Breed feeling :)

+ Elvick_ on August 28th, 2014 at 7:44 pm said:

Looks neat

+ PanTheMan16 on August 28th, 2014 at 9:01 pm said:

Some pixel art is beautiful, some is the result of a lack of talent. This appears to be the latter. Unfortunate because this game has a compelling concept.

+ tusunami on August 29th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

I like to see that a lot of games are coming to the PS Vita I hope to see a dem of or this game perhaps.

+ plaztiksyke on August 29th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

really great recreation of the Space Quest III and IV (the best two in the series, IMO) art style with what looks like a slightly extended VGA palette. day one purchase for me!

are there any GLBT characters?

who’s doing the soundtrack?

Benjamin Rivers's Avatar

+ Benjamin Rivers on August 29th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

Hey, nice note regarding Space Quest! I did have that on the brain a bit while doing initial concept work. The colour palette is (almost) exclusively from the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive colour palette, which has been a fun colour scheme to work with.

The player character is gender neutral, so the romantic interests are available to you no matter what; the game doesn’t recognize that you’re a particular gender, it just doesn’t provide any barriers.

The soundtrack is by a friend of mine, Ivor Stines, who provided some sound design for Home as well. You can find his work in iTunes under the name 8 Digital.

+ Vextalon on August 30th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

I’m curious as to New Game Plus content. Will certain story decisions carry over or will I be able to retain a chosen skill but the other skills I can learn be twice as hard to learn? Will slighty different skills become available? That would really bump up tthe difficulty for long term gaming.

How about scavenging for parts? Will be able to get a part I need or get a lower quality part and have to learn how to fix it before I can use it in the escape pod, which adds to the amount of things I can do before I run out of time. i’m sure there will be parts that require a few days mainteance contionously before there are viable for use in the pod.

The soundtrack is such a nice feel from the snippet I just heard. I’m curious to find out how you are able to tell time in the colony? I didn’t see a in game clock so will it be up to the player to keep track of time themselves. That will really put on the pressure in this game. Can’t wait to here more about this. Day one buy for me.

+ musicsmyolelady on August 31st, 2014 at 9:59 pm said:

Looks interesting. Looking forward to this and home

+ CitizenZebes on September 1st, 2014 at 5:58 pm said:

This looks great. Can’t wait to play!

+ CitizenZebes on September 1st, 2014 at 6:03 pm said:

But…must I wait until 2015? I’ll put this on my list along with my hoverboard and flying Delorean.