Uncharted 4

Sep 10

murasakibaby

PS Vita Exclusive Murasaki Baby Coming September 16th

Massimo Guarini's Avatar Posted by on Sep 10, 2014 // Founder, Ovosonico Studios

Hi everyone, Massimo Guarini here from Ovosonico Studios! Over the coming weeks we’re going to be releasing three developer diaries, sharing insight into Ovosonico Studio, Murasaki Baby, and the unique music behind the game.

This first dev diary is a deeper look into Ovosonico Studio, its creation, and the team. We’re also pleased to announce that Murasaki Baby will be coming exclusively to PlayStation Vita on September 16th, 2014 for $14.99. If you’re a Plus member, get it 20% off during the first week for only $11.99!

I founded the studio when I came back from Japan, about 2011. I felt it was the right time for me to risk everything and try to set up a studio. We started pitching ideas to publishers in general and one of those was Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The funny thing is that we were pitching a completely different game.

After some months of back and forth, and flying to London and Liverpool, I happened to have in my bag this five-slide presentation with the little black and white baby that you know now, and said “Hey guys, what do you think about this?” They thought the idea was cool! I flew back home and the very next morning, I received a call from the same Producer and he said, “‘You know what, we want this one. We want to go with this one!”

Check out the video to hear more about our studio from Fabio Paglianti, the Internal Producer here at Ovosonico. We hope you enjoy watching!

22 Comments

+ jhernandez360 on September 10th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Cant wait to play this!

+ pitolyo on September 10th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

Words cannot describe how badly I want to play this game. :)

+ Elvick_ on September 10th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

I can’t wait to play it. :D

It looks so great.

+ cman199 on September 10th, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

About time. Day 1 purchase. And thanks for the the extra plus discount.

+ xClayMeow on September 10th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

YESSSSSSSSSS!

Been waiting for this. I have such a backlog of Vita games, but I WILL be making time for this for sure!

Can’t wait!

+ cronqvist on September 10th, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

I’ve been waiting for it since it was first announced. Finally! :)

+ yowzagabowza on September 10th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

Ive been looking forward to this for a while. Good thing there is a plus discount or i woulda skipped it for now.

+ KidGreengene on September 10th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

As with any indie title (almost all titles now-a-days), I will wait for a review. But I am eagerly waiting on the review for this game. I hope there are good things to read :)

+ yentair on September 10th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

This game looks fantastic. So fresh and unique. Love the visuals.
This is what the Vita needs more of. Keep ’em coming!

+ gus_xl on September 10th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

‘Brother’ is such a good movie.

+ Rainwater on September 10th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Not that I wasn’t going to get this already, but my $10 store creed and + account make this all the sweeter. Can’t wait to play this!

+ Shadow_Enz on September 10th, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Sold. What kind of size are we looking at for this game? How much room do I need to make on my memory card?

+ HarmonyKorine on September 10th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Yes!!! I wasn’t expecting this game so soon. Looks amazing. Good thing I have some credit.

+ lisatsunami on September 10th, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

Day 1 purchase!

+ tusunami on September 10th, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

Another game for those that cry about Sony not supporting the ps vita from what I see there has been nothing but games coming for the handheld.I will possibly buy this the ps plus discount is cool!!!

+ Amnalehu on September 10th, 2014 at 4:31 pm said:

Amazing looking game. I have never seen anything like it! Congrats on your new Baby and I can’t wait to play!

+ mckllrx on September 10th, 2014 at 4:59 pm said:

how can people like this i didnt buy a vita for games like this this game belongs on a ipod psvita is failing beacuse of these indie games i bought mine because i thougt it would have good games but i was wrong this game looks retarded as hell

+ mckllrx on September 10th, 2014 at 5:00 pm said:

how can people like this i didnt buy a vita for games like this this game belongs on a ipod psvita is failing beacuse of these indie games i bought mine because i thougt it would have good games but i was wrong this game looks rеtаrtаd as hеll

+ TomHoang on September 10th, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

Day 1 for me! I’ve been interested in this game since it was announced at Gamescom 2013.

+ JakeRuiner on September 11th, 2014 at 1:32 am said:

It looks like a very interesting title. I’d like to see some gameplay so that I may see what type of experience I can expect from this game. I’ll be looking forward to the future developer diaries!

The cooking section in the video threw me off lol. The food looked delicious though =)

+ israelpacheco89 on September 11th, 2014 at 5:10 am said:

Been interested in this since it was announced last year. Great to see it’s finally being released :)

+ DelicaGunz on September 11th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

This will go so well with my Dokuro!!!!!