Spider-Man PS4

Sep 19

Sep 19

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Hits PS Vita on October 14th

Kelly Nylander's Avatar Posted by Production, Social Media Assistant

Have you ever dreamed of your perfect game? Does it include a huge cast of lovably quirky shinobi girls whose fighting skills allow them to mow down armies of opponents? Can they unleash special attacks that crush their foes with giant pancakes? Do they hide the armories of entire militaries beneath their clothes? Is their entire epic saga of good versus evil set to the tune of a heart-pumping metal soundtrack? Well, we have heard your wishes, you people of frighteningly-specific desires!

A follow-up to Senran Kagura Burst, Shinovi Versus on PS Vita kicks the series up a dimensional notch. Beefing up the formerly side-scrolling beat-em-up into a full-fledged 3D experience, there are now plenty of expansive environments for you to traverse — dashing, slashing, and smashing every enemy along the way. Bringing back the fast-paced, combo-heavy combat from the first game, Shinovi Versus makes use of all that extra space by packing it with even more adversaries and high-flying boss battles.

Plus, while the first game sported two different routes to play through, Shinovi Versus has doubled the roster, including four different shinobi squads for a total count of 20, sparring shinobi, all with their own unique fighting styles and special moves.

Senran Kagura Shinovi VersusSenran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Returning from the first game are the heroic Hanzo girls and the morally ambiguous Hebijo girls, the latter of whom now go by their new moniker: Homura’s Crimson Squad. Taking their place back in the ol’ alma mater is a new Hebijo Elite team, and rounding out the roster is the immaculately good Gessen squad — both of which add their own perspectives to the story.

Get ready to see the twisting Senran Kagura plotline play out in four very different ways as you search for the truth of good and evil shinobi and the purposes for which they all fight. On top of that, you can experience each of the girls’ personal side-stories through their individual arcade modes.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Shinovi Versus also brings multiple 4-player battle royale modes to the table. On top of being able to go head-to-head against 3 of your friends (or completely random strangers online through matchmaking), you can opt instead to do 2v2 team matches.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus launches on PS Vita this October 14th, 2014! There will also be a Limited run “Let’s Get Physical” Edition bursting with a 144-page art + strategy guide, and a 39-track musical selections disc, all in a shiny foil collector’s box. So if you want your copy in the flesh, make sure to pre-order!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

RoII_chan said:

September 19th, 6:06 am

Wow! I have been expecting this game so long!! <3

DivineTrinity said:

September 19th, 6:07 am

It’s finally happening! Wow the physical edition sounds great. I might have to not get the digital version now.

Monterossa said:

September 19th, 6:08 am

pre-ordered my physical copy.

I want those 2 games from 3DS on my Vita too!! make it happen!

Imphobia said:

September 19th, 6:10 am

Been on pre-order for a long time, glad to see the release date is sooner than i expected.

ISLAND-THUNDER said:

September 19th, 6:10 am

YES!!! FINALLY! I’ve been looking forward to this game all year since it’s been hinted at forever, glad to finally have a release date. It’s my number one most anticipated.

It’s going to be a long month!

WildCardCorsair said:

September 19th, 6:11 am

I already have the Let’s Get Physical edition preordered but I’m glad there’s finally a date to count down towards! Yay XSEED!

DSveno said:

September 19th, 6:15 am

Finally. The wait was too long.

Rezolution77 said:

September 19th, 6:33 am

Not usually into this type of game usually.
(IE Naruto, Dynasty Warriors, etc.) , but find myself more interested in this one.

Make your digital purchases more affordable and reasonable and I will be all over them.

Jesszman said:

September 19th, 6:53 am

Will we be getting the DLC characters too?

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 9:32 am

Yep! We’re still finalizing the DLC schedule right now, but they’re definitely coming over!

Shimrra74 said:

September 19th, 6:56 am

For a second I thought Team Ninja worked on this after seeing so much bouncing animation lol.

I hope the gameplay is good cause I would like to continue supporting my Vita.

Malkavilis said:

September 19th, 7:07 am

PSVita TV support?

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 9:46 am

The Japanese version is PSVita TV compatible, and we’re working to make it compatible here as well.

TheOathsworn said:

September 19th, 7:38 am

Didn`t really like the anime all that much to be quite frank.

But.. limited run with goodies included… and it`s XSeed bringing it over….
Damn it XSeed why must you tempt me so!?

I`ll bite.

Teflon02 said:

September 19th, 7:39 am

I am already aware of this situation for XSEED but can you guys confirm in advance for me.
I am preordering it on the 30th of this month, but I’m in Canada
Chances are I better expect the game the 16th or 17th not to be disappointed right?
I need to know this for 2 reasons, I work during the day and can’t waste time stopping by EB to check unless it’s actually in the shop. and second is, I wanna know if I need it paid completely by the 14th or if it won’t matter because it won’t be in till 15th + (I get paid 15th so I ca go half half and save some change)
Anyways can’t wai, my friend praised this game and said he’s buying it again so I need to try. The new Estral Vs or whatever looks great too so hopefully we’ll see that next year… wink wink ;)

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 9:49 am

It’s ready to be shipped on the 14th, but it’s up to each retailer as to how fast they’ll appear in the stores, so I can’t really say!

DelicaGunz said:

September 19th, 7:49 am

“You people of frighteningly-specific desires!”

You damn right!!

I can’t wait!!

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 19th, 7:54 am

Sigh. Yet another weird looking Japanese game. That is all we seem to be getting and Indies. I want something like God of War, Syphon Filter, Jak, Ratchet, GTA. I am not saying those exact games, but something with that type of gameplay. And also still waiting for games like NBA 2K15 (not just remote play).

Souledge94 said:

September 19th, 7:54 am

yeaaaa plot is the least thing that matters in this ecchi game. Im here for the fan service and action. I just finished seeing the anime and it was enjoyable as well. While I dont care what type of VO are in these types of games I would like if the next one is dubbed. I mean they had a good cast for the anime.

TheExiled12894 said:

September 19th, 8:11 am

Been looking forward to this for awhile. Thank you, Based XSEED! :D

FifthDream said:

September 19th, 8:26 am

I preordered this back in May. I’m so excited hat it will be out pretty soon. I’m going to enjoy playing it on a big screen on my Playstation TV, which also arrives on the same day! This is gonna be awesome.

xClayMeow said:

September 19th, 8:28 am

BOOBS and BUTT physics on the Vita! w00t!

In all seriousness though, this actually does look sweet. I love the comic book aesthetic…reminds me of Gravity Rush. And it also seems that there can be a lot of enemies on the screen at once (around 0:47 mark), which is nice to see for a Vita title….something I worry about with Samurai Warriors 4.

ThePrinceJ said:

September 19th, 8:29 am

Actually Souledge94, I recently asked XSEED in an email about Senran Kagura and English Voice Overs in general, and the answer I was given was that they really have zero interest in dubbing any of the SK games. Reasoning was that XSEED felt the JP dub was in their opinion the “True” representation of series.Its sad really the anime had an amazing English cast imo and dual-audio really should be standard now, really no excuse: NISA does it for every game, SE and Namco are warming up to it, Aksys/Arcsys have in it most of their titles and even little IFI managed to give HDN; ReBirth an English dub while being able to keep the old cast.

@Kelly Nylander any word on PSTV Compatibility with this game? XSEEED said they were looking into it but with the trailer lacking any mention of it it seems like they didn’t look into it enough.

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 9:51 am

We’re working to make it compatible! As it’s compatible in Japan, having it also compatible over here is definitely something we’re trying to accomplish.

Souledge94 said:

September 19th, 8:56 am

@19
Everytime I hear “true” representation I think its cause they dont want to spend any extra cash on it and dont want to out right say it. Who knows if they make a decent profit for it they will change their minds. I wouldint mind since like you said the cast is well done in the anime.

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 9:56 am

Actually, we’re fine with outright saying it! There’s so much voiceover text in the game and we are also a very small company, so it would’ve been a little more expensive than what’s in the company coffer!

Mr_TuxedoPants said:

September 19th, 8:56 am

Finally a release date. I’m obviously getting it for the plot.

Rezolution77 said:

September 19th, 9:04 am

Oddly enough, I found Sword Art Online much more “enjoyable” when I finally seen a dubbed version.
However, “true experience” is a cheap way of saying “we make more money this way”

Just another title “maybe” worth buying in a few years, when it’s priced for people other than fanactics, or teenage kids trying to cope a feel.

If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.

I will be patiently waiting, and spending my money on other titles, untill then.

RSevo09 said:

September 19th, 9:07 am

Nice, I’ve had this preordered for awhile now. I’m ready for some life and hometown.
Hope this does well for Xseed so they bring Estival Versus over as well.

Rezolution77 said:

September 19th, 9:07 am

How hard is it to get a decent translator and some voice actors without using the same company over and over if they start to overprice?

WanderingMind11 said:

September 19th, 9:20 am

I still need to play Senran Kagura Burst for the 3DS, but I’m definitely looking forward to this. Loved the trailer.

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 19th, 9:26 am

This looks quite tempting, but why so soon? Aaaargh! Too many games coming out in such a short time!

black-TEDD said:

September 19th, 9:27 am

I loved Burst on 3DS and I look forward to this one as well! The new characters look cool especially the witch from Gessen.

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 6:46 pm

Shiki is awesome! She’s actually my favorite Gessen girl!

Kellyjune said:

September 19th, 9:32 am

is she Kagura from Fairy tail ?

KazeEternal said:

September 19th, 9:37 am

I just want to know when I’m getting Trails in the Sky 2……………

Matrix_Lion said:

September 19th, 10:03 am

It’s about time and thank you.

GattsuWolf said:

September 19th, 10:12 am

Oh yeah!!! I was waiting for this!! >:D

Souledge94 said:

September 19th, 10:12 am

@Kelly Nylander

*clap clap clap* thank you so much. Finally someone with the guts to say it. You earned my respect. Like I said I will be getting the game I have the phsyical pre ordered on amazon.I do understand your not big company.Though i do hope maybe some day we will get some english voice overs for the series. Have a nice day.

whereymyconary said:

September 19th, 10:41 am

When this game came out in japan the gaming community there thought it be just a nitch fan service game, but was one of the largest sellers on the system after people realized it had some of the best combat on the vita. Super glad it’s coming to the west. Now question do I double dip to support the localization of it. Tempting. And please get it on vita tv with the dual shock 4. One of the trophies require a bit of twisting and Turning of the ladies. Which I still haven’t gotten and it annoys me.

Abuelo_RPG said:

September 19th, 10:54 am

This is great news. Preordered that Let’s get physical edition.

Nicalrant said:

September 19th, 11:09 am

Grats on the first PS Blog post for Xseed! Can’t wait for Shinvovi Versues!. Also give our best wishes to Hatsuu (Brittney), and tell her we miss her!

mrkingdomhearts said:

September 19th, 11:32 am

CUTENESS AWAITS! ^_^

BalmungTaichou said:

September 19th, 12:01 pm

If you love anime then you love Japan and therefore you love the language. Hisshou ijou desu.

Viewtiful_Gene said:

September 19th, 12:08 pm

BASED XSEED
Akiba’s Trip is one of the best games I played this year! Thank you so much!

(Sadly I can’t play SK… damn I wish I had a Vita)

zephyrus255 said:

September 19th, 12:17 pm

Wait a minute, I thought this was going to release on September 30, that’s what Metacritic and Gamestop all have. Is it delayed until October 14th now, or is the Let’s Get Physical edition releasing first?

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 6:48 pm

We never actually announced an official release date until now, any dates on websites were placeholders. There was no delay, just no official announcement until now. Digital and physical have the same release date.

Ter-M1nat0r said:

September 19th, 12:39 pm

Another games that are similar to Dynasty Warrior game.
Not digging it am afraid. But thankfully some fan who like DW style would enjoy it.

gamer_316 said:

September 19th, 1:16 pm

Gamestop still has this game listed to release on October 30th, was there some kind of delay?

gamer_316 said:

September 19th, 1:17 pm

September 30th* my mistake on my previous comment

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 19th, 6:49 pm

No delay! The September 30th date was a placeholder, and this is the first time we’ve announced a release date for the game!

Nerroth said:

September 19th, 1:24 pm

Looking forther ahead, is XSEED keeping tabs on the upcoming SK: Estival Versus game for PS4 and Vita? That game is due out on the 26th of March over in Japan.

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 22nd, 11:28 am

We’re definitely keeping tabs on it! We all love the series, so we’re of course interested in continuing with it and are keeping an eye on it.

zeromkstar said:

September 19th, 2:50 pm

It finally got release date ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ!!!
I love the Senran Kagura series!Plus after seeing the Sony Japan Press Conference 2014,
and they announce-Senran Estival.@Xseed do you think that game will come west to?I hope so .(^∇^)
But thank you so much for bringing this wes!

Kelly Nylander's Avatar

Kelly Nylander said:

September 22nd, 11:29 am

We love Senran Kagura, so we’re keeping an eye on it!

zeromkstar said:

September 19th, 2:52 pm

I mean #Senran Kagura:Estival Versus lol cx

sackchief said:

September 19th, 3:05 pm

I preordered as soon as it was announced, like May. Great looking game and its going to be hard to find because of the whole limited thing.

boomstickbhg said:

September 19th, 3:32 pm

Sept 30th was just a placeholder date used by various retailers, it was never an official release date.

I have been seeing it listed as Oct 14th by various retailers for the past month or so.

And now we know the actual date is the 14th.

Not a delay because the release date hadn’t been announced until now.

tusunami said:

September 19th, 4:32 pm

More and more ps vita games coming out which is superb the ps vita has come along way since its release.

jchill001 said:

September 19th, 6:51 pm

I would be more interested in this game if it didn’t feature sexualized little girls

PAGE 1 2