Uncharted 4

Oct 01

driveclub

DRIVECLUB All Action Trailer Debut

Jamie Brayshaw's Avatar Posted by on Oct 01, 2014 // Community Development Manager, Evolution Studios

Update: We know many of you were looking forward to playing the promised PS Plus Edition and we are truly sorry for the delay. Our first priority is to provide you with the best possible experience while playing DRIVECLUB. With the high volume of new players and additional server load the PS Plus Edition is anticipated to bring, we are currently not confident that we can guarantee the best online experience. Until we can ensure that everyone can enjoy the full social connected online experience, we will be postponing the release of the PS Plus Edition until further notice.

Can you believe that you’ll be able to get your hands on DRIVECLUB next week!?

Let’s celebrate with a brand new video showing some of the crazy action and racing you’ll get to experience at launch.

Besides sharing a new video with you, I’d also like to take this time to thank you for your amazing support and patience this year.

The Evo team has done everything possible to make your wait for DRIVECLUB worth it, and it’s the support we get from players that really spurs us on. Keep being awesome and enjoy the game!

Don’t forget, DRIVECLUB is eligible for automatic pre-load so if you’ve pre-ordered the game through PlayStation Store, you’ll be able to jump right in and start racing as soon as DRIVECLUB launches at Midnight Pacific.

PlayStation Plus members can pre-order the game now through PlayStation Store, or if you’d prefer a Blu-ray copy, we have lots of pre-order offers at participating retailers that will give you immediate access to supercars, exclusive livery designs, and a big Fame Point boost to get you ahead of the pack right off the line.

We’d love to keep hearing from you while we continue to bring updates to DRIVECLUB, so get in touch on Twitter and Facebook.

33 Comments

+ The_Bunn on October 1st, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

Cool. And to compensate that we are just getting on PS Plus just a fraction of this game, the other game will be a full, not indie game, righ? Metro would be nice, thanks.

+ GT_Fanaticbr on October 1st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

No G25/G27 support no $ from me! I will obviously try the free version.

+ chavez1138 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

Sad that now I’m not getting this game after yesterday news, we want support for the Logitech wheels, please make it happen!

+ Elvick_ on October 1st, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

@1: It was announced from the get go that it would be a “PS Plus Edition”. Anyone expecting a game that costs multi-millions to developer will be given out for ‘free’ on PS+ is delusional and needs a reality check hard.

Funny how all the wheel people are all over the place now. I mean, it sucks that more wheels aren’t supported (the more the better!) but sheesh. I think they know people want more wheels, they already said they wanted to add more. I hope you guys are bugging the manufactor of your favorite wheel too. Maybe if you bug both it’ll get done. If you bug just one, I don’t see anything happening. Since from what I’ve heard, they all want to point the finger around and not take responsibility for why there aren’t more supported on PS4 yet.

+ AkiraMagnum on October 1st, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

+ The_Bunn, this game will not take part of the PS Plus games on October. It means we’re receiving 6 games plus this one. ;)

+ israelpacheco89 on October 1st, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

This game is looking incredible! Haven’t picked up a racing game in a while. I haven’t been following Driveclub that closely so my question is is it more of a simulation racing game like Gran Turismo, arcade racer like Need For Speed, or somewhere in between like Forza?

+ PiotrRasputinBR on October 1st, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

100% behind this, but, c’mon… Fanatec and Logitech support, please!

+ spoonTRex on October 1st, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

“The Evo team has done everything possible to make your wait for DRIVECLUB worth it…”

Except, of course, support for wheels people actually own…

+ darkjester74 on October 1st, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

So…uh…what part of this trailer is live action? :-\

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 1st, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Aww man did you guys have to put the “Forza killer” line in the trailer? I liked that you all seemed to keep things civil between your competing studios. That just comes across as a cheap shot & unnecessary. Show me how good your game is without mentioning the competition. I’ve never played a Forza game in my life but from what I’ve seen of it, it looks like a decent racing game with a very detailed & awesome livery customization feature. What kind of car customization feature does Driveclub have?

+ rossy4591 on October 1st, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Looks Great! Never been a huge fan of racing games, but for some reason i’m just drawn to Drive Club! Do we get any of the pre-order dlc if we buy it digitally?

+ SeanStrange on October 1st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Seeing the words “PS4’s Forza Killer” kind of made things weird. Really unnecessary to put that quote/line in there.

+ GUEROPANES on October 1st, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

I agree whit you, that quote is unnecessary, in fact, it read like troll comment, some rage on it.

+ bball230 on October 1st, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

I thought the forza killer comment was clever, cheeky, and fine… It was not over the top.

cool trailer. I can’t wait to try out the PS Plus Edition.

+ Kvally on October 1st, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Would be nice if they showed actual gameplay instead of just CGI of this corridor racer. It’s almost here!

+ KazeEternal on October 1st, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

I’m sorry is this a Live Action Trailer or and All Action Trailer? I’m seeing all kinds of fun rendering artifacts in this video along with too good to be true for reality…. Pre-rendered footage?

+ iamtylerdurden1 on October 1st, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

I thought the “forza KILLER” quote was very necessary and i loved it. Awesome trailer. I also loved the “best looking next gen racer, by a mile” quote because those quotes weren’t from Evo they were from critics who have played early builds of the game.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on October 1st, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

I have a physical copy preordered just waiting for oct.7th. There was some live action in the trailer, there are tons of gameplay vids on the net showing off the gorgeous visuals. Anyone who has played Driveclub @ one of the recent events knows that the game plays great and looks STUNNING.

+ TopCowRaven on October 1st, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

They were both in your face and subtle at the same time with the Forza comment. If you notice, the blue car (sony) is the one that flips over (kills) the green car (xbox). Kinda funny, but honestly this appears to be a very different game than forza. It’s more like a social track racer, than a driving sim (forza 5) or social open world racer (forza h2). Both forza h2 and drive club look graphically stellar.

+ Welmosca on October 1st, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Why does it say “Live Action trailer” in the main page of the Blog but when you click in the post it changes to “All Action trailer”?…anyway I thought you guys were doing a live action trailer for Driveclub…that would be pretty stupid lol…this game looks like real life already.I mean Jesus…these graphics are unbelievable.Hard to believe that Driveclub has better graphics than GT5 and 6…..but anyway now to top Driveclub graphics only a new GT.

Yo I can’t wait to try out Driveclub for myself….my jaw on the floor all the time ha,will be getting a PS4 soon and Driveclub is a MUST BUY.

+ Harerazer on October 1st, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

“Can you believe that you’ll be able to get your hands on DRIVECLUB next week!?”

After reserving my PS4 specifically for this game and waiting a year before finally getting the PS+ version/demo that will be gimped…yeah, I can believe it.

+ dukedallas on October 1st, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I would love to buy this if I could use my logistics G27 $1000+ race rig setup… Since no support… Not getting my money.

+ LeoDaLyon on October 1st, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

A couple of questions:

1.) The RUF is a bonus of any retailer. Does this mean that if we pre-order with GaneStop or Amazon that we’ll get their respective bonuses as well as the RUF?

2.) Can we get a PS Blog post with a chart detailing the differences between the PS+ Edition and full version please?

3.) Why doesn’t the “upgrade” allow us to exit the PS+ tie down? I’m fully confident on increased sales for you guys if this weren’t the case…

+ LeoDaLyon on October 1st, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

A few questions****

+ Mobius2525 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:56 pm said:

Forza killer……..This will start a major fanboy war, if this does not play or look better than forza.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on October 1st, 2014 at 7:34 pm said:

Looking awesome. Can’t wait to play it online! ^_^

+ Hooligantuan on October 2nd, 2014 at 1:30 am said:

If it delivers a Forza-killing gaming experience, it can quote whatever it likes.

+ sapotter on October 2nd, 2014 at 4:40 am said:

I have all the Forza games to date and they are the best racing games I have ever played. I agree with the others that you should probably not have put the “Forza killer” comment in there because now my expectations for how good this game should be are absolutely massive because of how superbly well the Forza franchise already does this genre.

+ LeoDaLyon on October 2nd, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

@ sapotter – The “PS4’s Forza Killer” quote was made by VG24/7. Not Sony, of course Sony would say that about their own product, but it means so much more coming from a third party. Everyone loves praise no matter how famous or rich you are, appreciation is always appreciated.

That being said, you should never allow anyone or anything alter your opinions. Watching the trailers and watching the gameplay should be all that you need to make a decision to try or not try something out. Because no matter how much someone or something else hypes a product out, at the end of it all, there’s only one way you’ll know that you will personally enjoy it.

+ BpPomerleau on October 2nd, 2014 at 7:08 pm said:

i just got PS+ (3month) along with Destiny whats the difference between PS+ verion and the normal version?

Another Quick question for Sony Developers

I have ma PS3 still and Vita ive had a PS4 since april !

My question is when is the PS4 going to get PS1 and PS2 Classics support?

i dont care if its like 8 months from now a confirmation would be very helpful !!!!

+ OrangeMonkey on October 3rd, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Sorry to Say but since day one its just been one big tease, and all SONY supporters are starting to sound like broken records… blah blah DLNA support…. ect.

Finally this, after an entire year, this console lunch title is finally releasing and not supporting Drivingforce GT and G27 is just a big slap to a driver’s face.

Dont get me wrong, i get it. sony is big corporation with signed contracted and conflict of interest with different companies and could can less about a few driving enthusiast. Its not like my one purchase is gonna make or break this title but just know that i will not be picking this up because of such circumstances,

Its no one’s fault sony or logitech, just a circumstance in the name of profit

+ Welmosca on October 6th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

@ 25 Mobius2525 – Wow in what world you live for you to doubt that a PS exclusive will not look or play better than a xbox game?

+ dave2319 on October 7th, 2014 at 1:31 am said:

People disappointed about Logitech wheels not supported, don’t worry. If you are the type of gamer that likes racing with a nice wheel this game is not for you.

Probably the worst racing game I have played, it’s really bad. Stinks there are no decent racing games for ps4, hopefully project cars will be better. The driving dynamics are rubbish, if you want to shift manual you have to use a button, thumbsticks can’t be mapped to shift.

I am surprised word didn’t get out about this game before it released. Whatever you do don’t buy it if you like racing games. You would be better of spending that money on a short ps plus membership and just use the demo to see how gameplay is. I honestly can’t think of a worse racing game o have played off the top of my head.