Overwatch

Oct 01

playstation

Get $15 for Spending $100 or More on PS Store

playstation

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by on Oct 01, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Spend $100, Get $15
Offer valid for residents in U.S., Canada and Mexico.

It’s fall — the leaves have started falling and huge games like DRIVECLUB and NBA 2K15 are making their way to PlayStation. Starting today, when you pick up a couple of games we’ve got a sweet bonus for you on PlayStation Store — get a $15 credit when you spend more than $100 using your SEN Wallet on PS Store today through October 28th.

Use this opportunity to pick up already released games like Destiny and FIFA 15, or pre-order highly anticipated upcoming titles like DRIVECLUB, NBA 2K15, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Assassin’s Creed Unity, LittleBigPlanet 3, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and more. All PS4 and PS3 pre-order titles take advantage of automatic pre-load, allowing you to download your pre-ordered games before the release date so that they are ready to play as soon as they’re released. Check out all the titles available for pre-order and pre-load, in addition to already released games, here.

Take advantage of this deal from October 1st through October 28th and you’ll receive a redemption code for your $15 credit on or before November 7th via email, XMB message on PS3, or system notification on PS4/PS Vita. The redemption code must be redeemed by 11:59PM Pacific on December 5th.

What games are you going to pick up this month? Let us know in the comments below.

147 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Extrem3xCarn4ge on October 1st, 2014 at 6:09 am said:

This is awesome, I just wish there was enough indie titles out to equal to $100

+ NextGenGamer2008 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:15 am said:

Oh man, I JUST pre-ordered DriveClub like three days ago!!! Talk about bad timing!!! Oh well, I guess there are still two games coming out in November I was planning on getting for sure (AC Unity and LittleBigPlanet 3), and two games in October I might pick up depending on how the reviews go (The Evil Within and Alien: Isolation).

+ Amnalehu on October 1st, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Now that’s a great deal! Time to knock out some pre-orders as well as pick up a few new games like Chariot and Shadow of Mordor! Thanks!

+ phbarsan on October 1st, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

great month for this offer to come!
but what about the PS+ free games for october?

+ iREVOLTER on October 1st, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

So its 15$ for 100$ and its still 15$ for 200$ spent?

+ yowzagabowza on October 1st, 2014 at 6:18 am said:

Kinda wish there wasbt such a shorr window to use the voucher, but whatever.

@1 with the idiotic pricing on indies you only need a few to equal $100 :-)

+ freshprincepbg on October 1st, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

I liked this deal better when we only had to spend $50 to get $10 back, cant see myself spending $100 in 1 month on psn anymore.

+ CrAAdle on October 1st, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

Anything similar for Europe?

+ Kchow23 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

Great! I have been waiting for this opportunity… will you guys be adding to the list of preorders soon? The Witcher 3 and MGSV: The Phantom Pain are missing.

+ zingakun on October 1st, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

The “Get $10 for Spending $50” was so much better. I was expecting it to renew my plus. $100 in a month is not that easy… it’s also sad that you announce this today, after I’ve spent some money on yesterday’s update ;__;

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:21 am said:

Ahhh it’s that time of year again, where I renew my PS+ subscription, and stock up on all the digital games I missed during the year. Sure, the $15 cash back is a bit less than previous offers, but I’ll take it.

+ Proalfredo on October 1st, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

Hi, do I get 15$ if; I spend 60$ today on a preorder, and a week later another 60$? Or does it have to be 100$ in one purchase?

+ Juiceboxjerry on October 1st, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

So this is cumulative between now and the 28th? We don’t have to spend $100 on one transaction, right?

+ Ikusa02 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

I think the price point is a little high. I used to do the $50 promotion but there’s no chance of me spending $100 in a month. Could you perhaps offer both deals? Mind you you could still use the 15% rule you’re going by now, $7.50 for each $50 spent. Also, happy October Chieh and everyone!

+ NX_Nytrux on October 1st, 2014 at 6:24 am said:

@10: +1, Get $10 for Spending $50 was better, i’ll pass for this promo, very sad.

+ Bcrazyman on October 1st, 2014 at 6:25 am said:

Wow nice I wish it was $20. Dollars credit because I did this once and it does help

+ Kchow23 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:27 am said:

Also, $50 get $10 was much better too, but I don’t mind if the preorder list gets expanded.

+ Ikusa02 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:27 am said:

@12 The way this deal works is that if you spend $100 anytime between October 1st and 28th you’ll get the $15 credit before November 7th. So yes you could pre-order a $60 game and buy another $60 game a week later and you’ll get the $15 credit. From Sony’s site: Promotion is available to legal U.S., Mexico, and Canada residents with a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 USD or more using the SEN Wallet between October 1st, 2014 and October 28th, 2014.

+ Bruno_Helghast on October 1st, 2014 at 6:27 am said:

OK, that’s just great! I’ve spent 75 bucks pre-ordering Drive Club and its Season Pass couple days ago. Now this!

+ ioshi_US on October 1st, 2014 at 6:30 am said:

Jrpg sale for PS Vita pls :)

+ oooaznkid on October 1st, 2014 at 6:31 am said:

Why wasn’t this announced yesterday? Considering the number of people who buy things after the store updates … Those people wouldn’t get credit for the money they spent … doesn’t really seem fair

+ mixedkidbx on October 1st, 2014 at 6:32 am said:

@6

It means put the money into the wallet. You dont have to use it

+ Kchow23 on October 1st, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

Surprisingly Batman Arkham Knight is also missing

+ Sesnir on October 1st, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

I kind of wish this was announced yesterday since it was store-refresh-Tuesday but I’m sure I’ll spend that much in October.

+ letherclad on October 1st, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

Anyway, I normally extend my PS+ membership during the fall rebate offers, so that and preordering something will pretty definitely put me over the $100 for the money back. I have a hard copy of LBP3 preodered but I’ve been considering transferring it to digital and I’m still considering Far Cry 3 and Alien Isolation.

+ SmilingTortoise on October 1st, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

When does Sony typically charge for pre-orders? I am new to PS4 and the world of digital games. Thanks!

+ oooaznkid on October 1st, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

@26, I believe they charge when you place the Pre-Order (as that’s when they take the money out of your SEN Wallet)

+ Ikusa02 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

@25 The comments on this blog have become pathetic, Sony is literally giving away money and people are still complaining!

The only things people are complaining about is that they either don’t want to or don’t have $100 to spend on games and why this update wasn’t done yesterday. Nobody is complaining about free money. It would be good to have the $10 for $50 spent offer also for those with more limited budgets. If you want to see complaining just wait until the October PS Plus games update.

+ magicfan345 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Is it just me, or are things getting worse ? The deals from Sony at least are. Last year we were offered a $10 credit for spending $50 (which was like a 20% bonus), now we are offered a $15 credit for spending $100 (which is like a 15% bonus).

Not only has the incentive amount gone down, the minimum required spend amount to get the bonus has DOUBLED.
Many people, myself included, only spend $10 – $30 per month on Playstation Store, and with deals like this, we feel left out in the cold.

Why not do a 15% bonus for EVERYONE who spends any money on the store this month, up to a max bonus of $15 ?
That way everybody could get a reward on Nov. 7.

Last year, I searched and scoured the store to find a few more things I might like, just to spend the $50 and help Sony out (they got $50 of my real cash, while I got a $10 virtual credit out in cyberspace, which costs them nothing, or pennies if anything).
This year ? Ha Ha, forget-about-it, there’s no way I’m spending anywhere close to $100 on the store in one month.
I know I’m in the minority, most of you think this is such a great deal, but for me, no thanks, I’m not buying it.

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on October 1st, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

I’d like to use my purchase of Freedom Wars to get me over the $100 dollar barrier but it doesn’t come out till the 28th, so can you confirm that this promo is good till end of day on the 28th??

+ Staufway on October 1st, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Seriously what is with this BS!? Used to be “For Every $50 Spent on PSN Store, Get $10” and the promo lasts a month. Sony has been short-changing us this year with those PSN Store promos starting this year in earlier 2014 where you get “For Every $60 Spent on PSN Store, Get $10” and that promo only lasted a week instead of a whole month and have to spent another $10…fine but this!? What a joke! I suppose it is better then nothing…barely…but still when compared to their previous promos, it is awful! End Rant

+ Ryumoau on October 1st, 2014 at 7:11 am said:

eh….i really wish this was the get $10 for spending $50 instead. $100 is too high, especially considering how lame sales have been on the psn store lately compared to EU. If we had a great sale on japanese rpgs like EU has had in the past, i could easily end up with $100 credit.

Also, where in the world are the Samurai Warriors 4 avatars? the were listed on the psn store update blog but i’ve still not seen them on the store. :(

+ letherclad on October 1st, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

@28, your reply is exactly what I’m referring to, $15 back for spending $100 is a great deal but its still not good enough. Its unbelievable how entitled gamers have become.

+ Ikusa02 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

@33 It’s only amazing how entitled you have become. You plan on buying $100 worth of games and you think it gives you a right to tell people that their opinions are worth nothing because they don’t want to spend $100 to get 15% off games/other media. There is no entitlement here, it’s just business dealing. In some grocery stores you spend $100 to get a turkey for 88 cents a pound instead of $1.80 a pound. Then some other store sells it for 95 cents a pound without the $100 pretext. Which do you buy? I buy the 95 cent/pound turkey. Some people buy the 88 cent turkey because they think “hey I’ll be spending $100 anyway”. But do people go in and yell at the person using the 88 cent coupon and vice versa for the 95 cent turkey? No. But on here they do. Because we’re bored xD

Also, this is subliminal messaging to go buy a turkey.

+ Sammo_Prime on October 1st, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Hey, I’m also curious about the eligibility of the games coming out on the 28th (planning on getting Freedom Wars myself). Will this deal be good through the 28th like it says? As in, until the 28th is over. I know legal copy can get a bit funny when it comes to those terms.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Damn, I was hoping that in addition to my PS+ renewal there would be $50 worth of games I’d like to buy this month. But even with the outrageous price tags on indies these days, I can’t really find anything I’m dying to play (that I haven’t already). Plus with the free games coming out next week, I definitely don’t want to buy something now that could potentially be free next week.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a decent deal. I just wish there was a better selection of games and better price points. And it goes without saying, but $10 for $50 was a lot more manageable for those of us on a budget.

+ djsaiyan on October 1st, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

To people asking if games purchased on the 28th will count towards the promotion, when these promos have been done in the past, they’ve generally been good until the end of the day on the last day, but it’s advised not to delay your purchases until the last minute.

So stuff in the store update on October 28th should count.

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

This is really unfair to anyone who digitally pre-ordered anything. It seems insane to complain about free money, but this just puts people off pre-ordering ahead of time. If I had waited to buy Dragon Age Inquisition, I’d have $80 of this promotion done already.

+ Ikusa02 on October 1st, 2014 at 7:41 am said:

@35 From the February update of 2013:

The deal runs from Feb 26, 12:01 am (PST) through Mar 1, 11:59pm (PST). So you should be good to go if your purchase was today after 12:01am (PST).

I don’t see why they would change the end time. So long as you buy Freedom Wars before 11:59pm (PST) you should be fine. It would be nice to have this confirmed.

+ iREVOLTER on October 1st, 2014 at 7:44 am said:

10$ for Every 50$ Spent Promo past years was soooooo much better! Can you please bring it back.

+ Reiter on October 1st, 2014 at 7:48 am said:

@38, I agree. I have 2 games PO early and I get nothing? How is that fair?

+ Sammo_Prime on October 1st, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

@37 and 39

Thanks for the responses. I think with PSN’s past promotions it’s most likely that purchases on the 28th will still count. The main reason I’m looking for confirmation is because the promotion runs until the 28th (the day the store updates) rather than the end of the month. Probably just be being paranoid, but I don’t want to miss out on the deal by waiting to make a purchase on the 28th as opposed to something beforehand. And I want me some Freedom Wars.

+ Elvick_ on October 1st, 2014 at 7:56 am said:

It is a bit unfair with preorder people. I can see why they would be upset. I guess those are the risks involved. :\ Sucky.

And I agree that these deals aren’t as good as they used to be. I’m glad we’re getting more sales and flash sales and stuff, but this promotion is a step down from the “Get $10 for $50!” one. I guess you don’t want people to just be able to get a free $10 with PS+?

But then why do it if you’re going to be that way? idk…

Better than nothing of course, but $100? No way I’ll hit that at this point in time. I’ve spent too much on retail games.

+ wakingthedead17 on October 1st, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Ugh. I just spent $75 on the Store update yesterday. Kind of unfair to start this today instead of yesterday when the Store updated.

+ OtterX on October 1st, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

I preordered Shadow of Mordor this last weekend for Tuesday’s list. I’m excluded? :(

+ KidGreengene on October 1st, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Oct. is a tough month for me recovering from two kids birthdays in September and then saving for Xmas. I could justify, to myself, $10 for $50 but I can’t see myself spending $100 even with all the good games coming out. On one side, I am sorry to miss out. On another, I don’t mind missing that Sony just took their 20% reward down to 15%. But a good deal is still a good deal. If you were spending the money anyway, awesome. If not, $15 does little to make me want to shell out $100.

+ DarkStar83x on October 1st, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Give me something I want and I’ll do it.

+ divineLite on October 1st, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

Freedom Wars Vita comes at 28, if I buy that will it be eligible for this?

+ divineLite on October 1st, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Oh reading past comments, guess I need to buy it as fast as it’s ready.
Freedom Wars 30$ and PSPlus 50$, I just need 20$ more, please give us meaningful sales then

+ wowitsnick on October 1st, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

Bullman i just pre ordered nba2k15 at like 2a.m. eastern. Ps-store ain’t getting a dime from me again!

PAGE 1 2 3