Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 09

destiny-ironbanner

PS Store’s Top Downloads for September 2014

destiny-ironbanner

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Oct 09, 2014 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

I guess it’s not really surprising, but Destiny swept the charts for September! Commanding the number one spot on both PS4 and PS3, Bungie’s galactic trek has earned its place in consoles worldwide. Anybody finish the Vault of Glass yet?

Minecraft PS4 Edition grabbed second place, with FIFA 15 and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor making confident entrances. Sword Art Online – Hollow Fragment sits atop the PS Vita charts, with newcomers Don’t Starve: Giant Edition and Danganronpa 2 debuting in the top 5.

Lots of big games dropping in October — who’s going to take top honors this month?

PS4 Games
9 Cel Damage HD
10 ModNation Racers: Road Trip
PS Classics
1 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
3 Bully
4 Mega Man X4 (PSOne Classic)
5 The Warriors
6 Mega Man X5 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
7 Grand Theft Auto 3
8 Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
9 Manhunt
10 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

36 Comments

+ mtk93 on October 9th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

You guys are amazing to predict October’s best headlines (look at your headline). Not a surprise that Driveclub didn’t make the list.

+ mtk93 on October 9th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Sorry. meant to say top downloads, not best headlines (getting ahead of myself).

+ TheExiled12894 on October 9th, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

Nice to see SAO HF & Danganronpa 2 at the top on the Vita lists.

+ CrusaderForever on October 9th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

Really glad to see Shadow of Mordor so high on the PS4 list. So far it is my 2014 GOTY. 30 hours in and I just got to Sea of Numen! So much game play and the combat……oh the brutal glorious combat!!!!

+ Doomhammer-7 on October 9th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

#driveclub came out in October. So it shouldn’t be on the September list

+ GigaLucs on October 9th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

SAO HF in first this month again? Amazing!

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 9th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

DanganRonpa 2>SAO

+ Mando44646 on October 9th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

Morder deserves to be higher than Destiny. Destiny is the biggest load of overhyped bullcrap I have ever bought into. I wasted $100 on a game that has about 10 hours of gameplay. After beating the horrid ‘story’, all there is are raids I cannot do due to no matchmaking, the same 4 or 5 strikes I could waste time on playing over and over and over again, or just the unbalanced multiplayer that I will be dropping for Halo in Nov anyway. If anyone is curious, DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON DESTINY until its in the bargain bin. Get Mordor instead – its really freakin great.

Also, look at the Vita best sellers list Sony. Look how people buy non-Indies alot. I have not had *anything* new to buy on Vita since Borderlands 2 released because I do not buy overpriced Indies on Vita when they are a fraction of the price on Steam. Either Indie devs need to stop charging outrageous prices or they will never get my money on PSN

+ Rezolution77 on October 9th, 2014 at 9:32 am said:

SOA and NFS are probably the only worthwhile Vita games on that list.
Of course if we had more sales, we would all be better off.

1- $10 dollar sale, is wosre than 5 -$3 dollar sales.

Its not rocket science.
And since they are digital, what fear do you have over resale?

How about some better pricing on PSP games, like Disagea 2 (wink, wink)

And to all you haters, stop being rude, and mind your own business.

+ ResistanceGTA on October 9th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

At #1/2

As #5 said, Driveclub came out in October, thank God it wasn’t a September best seller, otherwise September would have been a slow month..

+ Rezolution77 on October 9th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Not everyone can be like your Sony Fanboys, spend $40 bucks a pop on an outdated game that could have been made for PSone or PS2 that they may only play for a few hours.

You want to charge top dollar for Current Gen. , I can’t argue.
But charging that much for older already released games that most won’t take a 2nd look at untill its worthwhile, is just wasting potential.

+ Rezolution77 on October 9th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Sorry Modation for either sale price or reg. price ain’t bad either.

+ Nerroth on October 9th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Hopefully, seeing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment topping the Vita list for the second month running in both North America and Europe will encourage Bandai Namco to put the upcomign Vita/PS3 game Sword Art Online: Lost Song on the shortlist for localization once that game is published in Japan next year.

For those who haven’t heard of it yet, SAO:LS is to be set in ALfheim Online, will include flying mechanics, and feature a new-to-the=game “SvartALfheimr” region (akin to how SAO:HF introduced the previously-unseen Hollow Area). You can see the first trailer for the game at Banco Japan’s teeaser site:

+ Seluhir on October 9th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Sad to see Destiny so high, but almost nothing came out for PS4/PS3 in September so I’m not surprised.

Glad to see SAO:HF selling well – enjoying it so far.

October’s looking largely the same – nothing really coming out of interest. At least there’s a ton of anime on crunchyroll for me to watch lol

+ Broman_YZ on October 9th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

QUESTION: why for Canadians, on PSN is the Borderlands pre sequel $69.99 for a digital download when every other retailer I’ve seen is selling it, for Canadians, at $59.99 for the disc?????????????

+ GodlessPagan on October 9th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Shadow of Mordor is amazing. Will definitely pick up the season pass later this month.

+ iREVOLTER on October 9th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Vault of Glass?

Nah, never heard of it.

+ Remmy8199 on October 9th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Not a single Final Fantasy or Atlus game on the Classics list? That’s kinda shocking. I guess everyone owns those already.

+ SonicRift on October 9th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

I was so excited to play through MegaMan X4 again. I’ve always wanted that as a Classic because it was one of a few games I gave away after buying the 2 MegaMan Anniversary Collections. So why is it that the first thing I did was cheat and get the Nova armour?

+ mtk93 on October 9th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

#5 and #10- The original headline to this post was top downloads for October 2014. I joked that they were predicting this month’s top downloads since the month isn’t over, and that Driveclub wasn’t on the list. They have since changed the headline so my joke no longer applies.

+ Elvick_ on October 9th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Hopefully SAO helps the case for Digimon Cyber Sleuth at retail in the west… seems like One Piece UWR did well on Vita too. Come on Bamco.

+ DanKuuga on October 9th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Happy to see Shadow of Mordor high up the list! And with only **1** day to count for September sales? Fantastic game!

+ magicfan345 on October 9th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Here are 3 games I would like to play on PS3 and/or PS VITA:
1. Plants vs Zombies 2 – Its About Time
2. Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015
3. Costume Quest 2

+ Welmosca on October 9th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

Hoou Left Behind still making into the top 10 PS3 add-ons…thats a surprise.Very nice and I guess nobody is surprised with Destiny at the top…btw I’m glad to see Shadow of Mordor in 4th….game looks great.

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 9th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

Quite pleased to see Destiny at the top, as I’ve personally put well over 100 hours into it already, and yes, successfully ran the VoG this last Sunday. Looking forward to doing it weekly until I hit level 30 and attempt it on Hard with my clan.
Shadow of Mordor coming in fourth on the digital listings is quite impressive, considering how regrettably little hype that game had.

What surprises me most is that Minecraft PS4 didn’t take the top spot. I’m sure it will for October. Nothing else is releasing that will really compete with it.

+ ArchAngeL-777 on October 9th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Is NFS Most Wanted popular on Vita? I see it pop in the top downloads list a lot. Seems like a title doing very well on Vita.

+ Rezolution77 on October 9th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

@26
Need for Speed is one of the best game on Vita, if you ask me.
Well worth the original price at $20, but they have had it on sale at $5 twice now.

Makes up for alot of other digital titles I may never play again.

+ Rezolution77 on October 9th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

WRC gets too little credit in my opinion though, but should price drop WRC 3 to $20 at the most like NFS.

+ dkarlowicz10 on October 9th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

EA was not happy with their sales of Most Wanted for Vita. Yet it always seems to chug along. It even beat out the other $5 racing games during that giant PSN sale, and managed to steal 3rd. Maybe EA needs to show more love for this awesome handheld.

+ cobrafang on October 9th, 2014 at 3:56 pm said:

Run Sackboy Run! release date already.

+ adamvectorz on October 10th, 2014 at 5:01 am said:

Destiny

+ leonclarko on October 10th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

Amazing update! But I have problems with disconettions. Also, I had a disconection just while open a booster pack, and I lost the content of that booster even if in the “last opened booster” screen appears those items! Help!

+ CommandingTiger on October 11th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

You should have Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as a PS2 classic.

+ leonclarko on October 13th, 2014 at 7:28 am said:

sorry, I was talking about plants vs zombies Garden Warfare.

+ m6_UN2tT on October 14th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

bro get lego batman 3 its the best

+ Shadowknight_X_ on November 1st, 2014 at 4:04 pm said:

Just a heads up, SAO Hollow Fragment is now compatible with playstation tv!