Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dec 05

resogunlead2

Resogun Blasting to PS3, PS Vita on 12/23

resogunlead2

Pedro Sousa's Avatar Posted by on Dec 05, 2014 // XDev Studio Europe

Resogun PS3/Vita

Epic explosions; voxels crumbling in raging torrents; impossible maneuvers to dodge dozens of enemies. One year later, Resogun is still as mesmerizing as it ever has been on PS4, and I’m pleased to announce today that Resogun is coming to PS3 and PS Vita for $14.99. That’s right Resofans, starting December 23rd you’ll be able to save the last humans anywhere, anytime.

The development team at Climax has done everything possible to make the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game the very best they can be for each device, and I think you’ll be very impressed with what they have managed to achieve. Picking a game that was created specifically for PS4 and bringing it to PS Vita and PS3 is very difficult, and the hardest compromise to accept during development, especially in regard to performance and graphics, is that these platforms don’t have the capability and power of PS4.

Resogun PS3/Vita

Duly, the biggest technical difference is that the PS Vita and PS3 games run at 30 instead of 60 frames per second. This was a very difficult decision to consider, but a very necessary one to allow the team to focus on what was possible and to make the best game possible for both of these platforms. The framerate is locked, so you can expect solid performance even under a big storm of voxels.

It’s a great achievement that all of the features present in the original PS4 release are here in the PS Vita and PS3 versions and that the game is as addictive as ever, in great part due to having been tuned specifically for these versions.

The results are amazing, and having also worked closely with the team at Housemarque throughout this past year to help them create the expansions for the PS4 game, I’ve especially enjoyed playing the PS Vita version, with plenty of people looking over my shoulder in disbelief at how the game looks and plays.

Because we don’t want you to miss anything, the PS3 and PS Vita games have cross save functionality, so you can share your progress between both platforms.

Resogun PS3/VitaResogun PS3/Vita

The PS Vita version also has ad-hoc co-op so that you can team up with a friend. It also makes use of the touch features so you can fully customize the controls, using either the face buttons or the touch controls for any action possible. You can even throw humans with a swipe of your fingers on the rear touch pad!

I am pleased to confirm that these two versions will be cross buy — so if you own Resogun on your PS4, you will be able to download these for free!

We are officially declaring December as Resogun month, so stay tuned for more news about the PS3 and PS Vita versions, details of the next PS4 expansion, and much more. Thank you for reading and sharing!

48 Comments

+ xeno3d on December 5th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

this will be awesome on the vita!!! thank you

+ SlyCooperFan100 on December 5th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

How about the trophy sets? Please tell me it’ll be one trophy set for all three versions of the game.

+ nextleveltaken on December 5th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

Crossbuy – Very nice! Resogun was and is still one of the best PS4 games. Also love Dead Nation and am looking forward to anything else you guys put out in the future.

+ SaberX85 on December 5th, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

all hail crossbuy….

+ unlovedhomie on December 5th, 2014 at 7:15 am said:

nice, very very nice. and free!

+ poodude on December 5th, 2014 at 7:16 am said:

Oh cool, it’s a Climax port. Looking forward to playing the Vita version then, though I’m sure it’ll take me some time to adjust to the FPS change.

Any word on the trophy list? Will it be a shared list between platforms, or will each version have it’s own list? If the latter is the case, will we have to unlock the trophies three times over, or will cross-save auto pop the platinum like Sound Shapes?

+ rodrigoflausino on December 5th, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

If i activated PS4 version in PS-PLus, those PS3/Vita versions will be free too?

+ Superstone on December 5th, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

I love this game. Thanks!

+ KANE-FIRE on December 5th, 2014 at 7:27 am said:

Thanks this was my first PS4 platinum. I have a question though. Since this is a cross save game, does that means i will earn a platinum once i launch the game on a PS3 or PS Vita?

+ ZombieRollz on December 5th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Glad more people will get to play this wonderful game! Any news on more DLC for the PS4 season pass?

+ langdon on December 5th, 2014 at 7:30 am said:

Too good… Resogun will be so great on Vita. Thanks for supporting the device!

+ Feisar on December 5th, 2014 at 7:32 am said:

Thanks for the cross-buy :)

+ Neolit on December 5th, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

Resogun is my favorite “pure addiction” game on the PS4. If I get the PS3 and PS Vita versions free because I already “own” a PS4 version (under PS+ subscription) – fine, thank you!
If not, this will be day 1 purchase for me because I want Resogun everywhere. If they ever release Resogun for a fridge or a toaster I will buy those versions as well.

+ Fardeenah on December 5th, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

the graphics are… meh… hope gameplay is good

+ IIL0YDII on December 5th, 2014 at 7:45 am said:

Are those screens from Vita? Is it running 320×240?

+ DanteMerfi on December 5th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

Cross save between PS3 and Vita? Awesome. Merry Christmas to me!

+ Mintblend_44321 on December 5th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

Oh man, can’t wait for Resogun on my Vita. Its gonna be insane playing this in the palm of my hands.

+ iREVOLTER on December 5th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

You guys are awesome!

+ reynolds-wrap1 on December 5th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Awwwww yea! Super awesome! I’m ready to pew pew in my spaceship ^_^

+ colef10 on December 5th, 2014 at 8:11 am said:

Woooooooooooooooo! So if I got it for free last year, I get it for free again? Also, will my platinum turn into 3 platinumes?

+ colef10 on December 5th, 2014 at 8:13 am said:

One more thing. If I bought the 1st expansion, can I still buy the season pass?

+ GStylez1980 on December 5th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Very excited to have the opportunity to play what Colin Moriarty of IGN still refers to as “the best game on the PS4” on my PS3 and particularly on my Vita! I still have not purchased a PS4 and have been waiting to buy one so I could get my hands on this game. Fortunately, I did redeem the game when it was free through Plus last year, so I’ll be able to enjoy it for free now through cross-buy (so sweet)! Thanks Sony!

Follow me on Twitter: @brg_esq
Friend me on PSN: GStylez1980

+ yowzagabowza on December 5th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

To those asking about multiple platinum trophies: no, it will be one list shared between the three versions. Your trophies may ding on vita and ps3, but they wont add to your total.

+ jipao_ozzy on December 5th, 2014 at 8:42 am said:

i wonder if PS+ user get a special price when it’s launch?
just watched the gameplay footage from youtube and very looking forward to play it on my vita :)

+ Kiro_Uraya on December 5th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

#bestpsblogpostna

Getting it the minute it goes available! That game will be my next 9 months to a year. XD

+ Gumbydunzeeto on December 5th, 2014 at 9:31 am said:

No retail, no sale

+ gerneric123 on December 5th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

Wow, this looks like another horrible Sony port on Vita. 30fps and a screen resolution that looks nowhere near native. Embarrassing. If all you’re going to do is port content to Vita, is it so hard to ask that you do it competently?

+ avanfreak23 on December 5th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

Now please put two different trophy list for each i wanna get the trophies again for both.

+ Bellalara on December 5th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Love that it’s cross buy :)

+ Jotamide on December 5th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

While 30 fps makes me a bit sad, it was inevitable. Also, cross-buy means I’ll pick this up day 1 for free. Thank you Sony!

+ MATTLOJO on December 5th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

Thank you! I love it on PS4 but can’t wait to play it on Vita! It’s the perfect “pick up and play” kind of game.

+ InAnimateAlpha on December 5th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Any info on the dlc? Many folks like myself bought the season pass. Will that content come over as well?

+ whatisdelicious on December 5th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

“Duly, the biggest technical difference is that the PS Vita and PS3 games run at 30 instead of 60 frames per second.”

Wow. Reading the paragraph just prior, I was thinking, “Lower the detail and voxel effects if you have to to save the frame rate,” then BAM.

Seriously, what a waste. I’m happy it’s coming to other platforms, but dude, c’mon. Fancy voxels exploding everywhere is less impressive than running at 60fps. I have the PS4 version already so it’s not a huge deal, but you just effectively dampened my interested in the Vita version.

+ gema11981 on December 5th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Played Resogun with remote play when I first got my PS4 and I enjoyed it on the Vita! Can’t wait for the actual Vita version thank you !

+ Rezolution77 on December 5th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Definately one I am excited for Vita.

About time.

Any word on a PS Plus discount? Otherwise going to wait until there is, before I let my Plus sub. expire.

+ bbswarrior_11 on December 5th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

Not only is it fantastic news that we´ll have Resogun on the Vita, but we´re getting it for free if we already have it on PS4. Keep up the awesomeness, Sony!

+ plaztiksyke on December 5th, 2014 at 12:17 pm said:

yay for cross-buy!

does the Vita version render at native resolution? the port of Flower to Vita was basically unplayable due to sub-native resolution and extremely limited draw distance making is impossible to survey the play field from on high.

I’d be really interested in seeing a technical talk about how you maximized use of memory bandwidth and CPU cores on the Vita.

+ shrimpdude on December 5th, 2014 at 1:48 pm said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ dkarlowicz10 on December 5th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

I have this on PS4. I cannot wait to play it on the Vita. This is a great announcement. I hope there is more Vita announcements this weekend? It would be awesome if you could bring Outland from Housemarque to Vita as well.

+ Welmosca on December 5th, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

Too late…only God knows how much I wanted Resogun on PS3 or Vita…but now is too late…I bought a PS4 and can’t stop playing Resogun….btw boy dat Master difficulty.

Well this is good news though…it means y’all still cares about we PS3 and Vita owners….for this to be really good news…please tell me the trophy list is the same for all 3….no separated trophy list please.

Anyway Housemarque you guys are bosses….best devs of PSN Games.

PS:One thing though,all this talk about fps is the most boring thing ever but whats that assumption about PS3 30fps?…Twisted Metal is 60.

+ Boxster17 on December 5th, 2014 at 11:35 pm said:

If this was 60fps then I would consider it on the Vita but based on how it looks at 30fps over remote play…I’ll be passing on this.

That being said, it’s still one of my favorite games on PS4 and look forward to the new DLC.

+ dg5930 on December 6th, 2014 at 6:53 am said:

Great another indie game for the vita. The 3ds selling more because they making game.not indies

+ Boat200 on December 6th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

Super pumped this is coming to Vita! Thanks!

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2014 at 4:29 pm said:

I would have rather had a “Delta” version on Vita like Super Stardust Delta [meaning a new game]… not a gimped port.

But whatever, portable Resogun neat.

+ dbbyres on December 23rd, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

So it’s 12/23 where I’m at…where’s Resogun for PS Vita?

+ burn_heretic82 on December 23rd, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

anybody know why, when i JUST purchased Resogun on psn for vita… and go to run it, it says unable to validate full version of the game?????? please tell me that sony didnt screw me outa 15 bucks…

+ scalan15 on December 23rd, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

Same thing happened to me, I also have it on my PS4

+ GW183 on December 30th, 2014 at 9:41 pm said:

I got the game on day one vita release and it hasn’t worked yet. I called PS headquarters to see what was going on, and I was told there may be a fix coming.