The Last Guardian

Dec 06

stfu

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

stfu

Nathan Vella's Avatar Posted by on Dec 06, 2014 // Co-founder and President, Capybara Games

Nathan here from Capy. It’s… TIME… to have a little chat, folks.

It’s been while since I’ve been on the Blog (anyone remember Critter Crunch?), but I couldn’t be more stoked to be back. I’m very excited to announce that our time-travelling platformer SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA is headed to PS4 and PS Vita! Here’s a little trailer to prove it:

We’ve been super proud of the response to the game so far- including tons of great reviews from fans & critics, some insane speedruns on YouTube, and even some fancy awards! However, we often got messages from fans that fell into two categories: 1) questioning the plausibility of time travel truly altering the future (we hear you, astrophysicist fans!), and 2) loud pleas to bring the game to PlayStation (we heard you too, loud and clear!).

Super Time Force Ultra PSX

Concerning the often-misguided exploits of a rag-tag bunch of time travelling lunatics, SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA is a crazy romp through the space-time continuum. Using a Mega-Man-style world select, players can jump in and out of 6 unique time periods with a ton of different modes, playable characters and collectibles!

Though the game is crammed to the brim with action, explosions and lotsa’ dumb jokes, the real star of STFU is the Time-Out mechanic: Players can stop time, rewind through the level and jump back into the action with a new character. At this point you’re playing with yourself (errr… ahem…), blasting alongside your previous lives, collaborating with them in a glorious collage of mayhem that we call: SINGLE PLAYER CO-OP!

Super Time Force Ultra PSXSuper Time Force Ultra PSX

Oh and just for funsies we’re letting fans play as everyone’s favorite videogame executive on twitter, President of Worldwide Studios himself, Mr. Shuhei Yoshida! Can you believe nobody has put this guy in a videogame yet?

We’ll be back in no… TIME… to share some more about the game & new PlayStation-only additions. Kookabunga!

All the news from PlayStation Experience

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End First Gameplay

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Destiny Expansion I: First Look at the PS-Exclusive Mars Strike – The Undying Mind

Tripwire Interactive bringing Killing Floor 2 to PS4 – The Time is Right!

The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror Comes to PlayStation

Madness Awaits You…In the Darkest Dungeon

Bastion Coming to PS4, Vita Next Year

Orcs Must Die! is Invading PlayStation for the First Time!

Skytorn Coming to PS4

Severed Coming to Vita in Spring 2015

Shovel Knight Digs into PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: Ace Chemicals Infiltration Part 3 and a First Look at the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions

Suikoden II Coming to PSN

Street Fighter V: Console Exclusive to PS4, First Gameplay Video

Super Time Force Ultra Headed to PS4,Vita

Tim Schafer on Why You Need to Check Out Grim Fandango on PS4 & PS Vita

Fat Princess Adventures announced for PS4

Introducing Wattam, the new PS4 game from Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi

Enter the Gungeon Coming to PS4 in 2015

Introducing What Remains of Edith Fitch, a New PS4 Exclusive

The Order: 1886 at PlayStation Experience

Tearaway Unfolded: New Trailer Revealed

Yakuza 5 Announced at PlayStation Experience

New No Man’s Sky Videos Revealed

Drawn to Death, a Hand-Drawn Arena Shooter, Coming to PS4

Introducing Project SkyLight: Limited Edition Faceplates to Personalize Your PS4

17 Comments

+ TLSBill on December 6th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

YOSP!!!!! He’s too powerful to be contained in any one videogame! You may as well have just put a “win” button in your game!

+ Robbie_G_lrish on December 6th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

Uhhhhhhhhhh… The second I saw that intro I bought it.

+ italodancemp3 on December 6th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

Oh nice the vita version would be mine :)

+ DZORMAGEN on December 6th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

When is game coming out?

+ plaztiksyke on December 6th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

I’m so happy to see Capy back on PlayStation! Critter Crunch was, and still is, one of the most beautiful (1080p!) and fun PS3 downloadable games.

I was bummed when Below was announced with some amount of exclusivity on XBO. Today I’m not nearly as bummed because STFU is coming! I hope the other Capy games come to PS4/Vita as well (including Critter Crunch!)

+ Kchow23 on December 6th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Shuhei addition made this a must purchase for Vita :)

+ aernth on December 6th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

More Capybara Games on Vita, please!? STFU is a dream come true. But when one dream is fulfilled there are new dreams to take its place… Below? Might & Magic? We love ya Capy!

+ paulogy on December 6th, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

Thank you for bringing this game to PlayStation!

And having Shu in it is brilliant, with his attack being tweets being pure genius :-)

+ Lamak- on December 6th, 2014 at 4:08 pm said:

Those explosions tho. Looks fun.

+ Daishi5571 on December 6th, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

Just ordered my 64 GB memory card. Good thing too by the looks of it :-D

+ GStylez1980 on December 6th, 2014 at 9:58 pm said:

Capybara…welcome back to Playstation! I longed for the day that STF would come over to PS. I’m even more excited to see that the game will end up on the Vita! Seems like a perfect game for the perfect handheld. ;)

Another Day 1 Buy!

Follow me on Twitter: @brg_esq
Friend me on PSN: GStylez1980

+ Retromattic on December 7th, 2014 at 12:51 am said:

Dribble…..

+ SENsMrBlue on December 7th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

PLEASE bring No Man’s Sky to PS Vita :)

+ MagnificentMale on December 7th, 2014 at 7:28 pm said:

I need a bigger and better sequel to the NDS’ Might & Magic. Or a release of the PS3 original for Vita, please and thank-you.

+ RpgSama on December 10th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

This game looks AWESOME!!!, VITA FTW!!! on a side note, with Shuhei Yoshida in it is a day one buy for me. Looks really fun, hope Cappy brings more games to the Playstation Ecosystem.

+ KapuKapper on December 10th, 2014 at 6:13 pm said:

I liked this game so much that I will buy it a second time on my PS4. It is that awesome.

Eager to hear what the other PlayStation “Ultra” additions are!

+ POEman553 on December 11th, 2014 at 5:05 am said:

I cannot wait to get Super Time Force on PS4/Vita….but what I really want is — Critter Crunch on PS4 & Vita!!!!