Overwatch

Jan 06

dd

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Out Today on PS3, Vita

dd

Fork Parker's Avatar Posted by on Jan 06, 2015 // Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

The seminal first-person shooter Duke Nukem 3D, originally crashed onto the scene in 1996 and forever changed the genre with tight gunplay, a new level of interactivity, and a sense of humor then unseen before in games. Now your benevolent amigos at Devolver Digital, Abstraction Games, and General Arcade have brought 3D Realms’ legendary shooter to PS3 and PS Vita in the definitive collection — Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition. This kickass compendium of all things Duke Nukem 3D includes:

• Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition — All four officially released episodes of the iconic shooter with carefully restored visuals, timeless gameplay, and all-new PlayStation Trophies.
  • Duke Caribbean: Life’s a Beach — Grab your water gun and sunscreen as Duke battles vacationing aliens in beach side hotels, tropical lagoons, and even a cruise ship!
  • Duke It Out in D.C. — Duke takes his special brand of politics to Washington D.C. to turn back the alien invasion set against the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and even FBI headquarters.
  • Duke: Nuclear Winter — Take a brutal walk through this winter wonderland as Duke gets into the holiday spirit by bringing the battle to the North Pole!

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton EditionDuke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

105 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Gorvi on January 6th, 2015 at 8:02 am said:

Having never played the original back on the PC I’m really looking forward to this on the Vita. I’d love to see more old school FPSs on the Vita, Doom, Rise of the Tirad, Quake, stuff like that. They would be such a perfect fit.

+ DOC_INCOGNITO on January 6th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

Glorious. Duke on the go!

+ venom_gamerzone on January 6th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

brink back more classics, hexen, heretic, doom, etc…

+ Hefestus91 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:07 am said:

This is amazing, now bring Doom 1 & 2 to the vita as well and I’ll throw my money at you… please!

+ Nightmare142 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:08 am said:

New trophies wooo time to dust off my vita.

+ FifthDream on January 6th, 2015 at 8:12 am said:

BALLS OF STEEL.

I think i’ll be playing this tonight, ;)

+ BananaKornXX on January 6th, 2015 at 8:13 am said:

Very nice…

+ panxo1984 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:14 am said:

Its coming to ps4?

+ DEMOLEDOR05 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

How cópulas web get this
game ??

+ langdon on January 6th, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Is there multiplayer in this version? I need to relive my heat.net days.

+ Gorvi on January 6th, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Man, Hexen, Hexen 2, Heretic, those would be awesome as well.

+ Pezmack on January 6th, 2015 at 8:22 am said:

The online store says that it will be released on the 13th of January…not today… That makes me a sad panda…

+ Pezmack on January 6th, 2015 at 8:23 am said:

@langdon-The online store says that it supports 2-8 network players! Woooooo Hoooooo!

+ Kazesama on January 6th, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

Is it the censored version?

+ Kishnabe on January 6th, 2015 at 8:25 am said:

Loved this game as a kid. Mindless fun….the trophies don’t matter for this one.

+ SoldierHellsArmy on January 6th, 2015 at 8:28 am said:

It would be nice to no what other stuff was coming out today even though nothing ever good comes each week as it is but I guess Sony employees got lazy this week

+ BAEZE_L on January 6th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Nice!

+ MrDragonlive on January 6th, 2015 at 8:32 am said:

Will the Vita version be PS TV compatible?

+ Bellalara on January 6th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

Can’t wait to play!

+ Awesome-O_789 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:37 am said:

Awesome! Now gimme Doom and Doom II, and maybe some Wolfenstein 3D for the Vita and my life will be complete!

+ juggalogoth on January 6th, 2015 at 8:41 am said:

Bull! I looked it says it’s released on the 13th….. So how can we get it today if we can’t even download it???

+ DJ_Tomato on January 6th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

Dear Fork Parker:

Any news on Playstation TV / Vita TV Compatibility?

+ FreelanceSam on January 6th, 2015 at 8:46 am said:

I dunno why you guys (and all the other developers/publishers) can’t give us PRICES in these articles ’cause I really hate waiting until ‘day of’ to find out what the price will be for games I am interested in. I’d like to know ahead of time so I can save up for it, etc. Why is it so hard to just tell us how much your games are going to cost!

+ magooser on January 6th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

WHY WHY WHY?????? WHY can’t you ever make it available in the mornings….why is it always updated so late…..?

+ AlissonBala on January 6th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

Great! a great game! VITA as a wonderfull potential, BRING EVEN MORE GREAT GAMES! ( vita needs tention,then sony, give more to it)

+ patosbusa on January 6th, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

i will sell my vita…

+ Sonicfan11589 on January 6th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

I’m so glad it’s on PS Plus. I would have paid for this. By the way, if I may ask. What happened to The Drop? I’m guessing you guys are still recovering from the holidays or something?

+ Rezznak on January 6th, 2015 at 8:59 am said:

I might buy a vita just for this game

+ AlissonBala on January 6th, 2015 at 8:59 am said:

+patosbusa , sell your vita to a person who gives value to it =]

+ GattsuWolf on January 6th, 2015 at 9:01 am said:

THANK YOU for bringing this superb game to the psvita! I’ll be playing it tonight omg can’t wait!

+ WayneGauvin on January 6th, 2015 at 9:14 am said:

Wow
Thank you. Brings back so many memories. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

+ yowzagabowza on January 6th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

I agree with 23, the price of the game should be in every article like this. And especially on the Drop.

+ theXsilentXchild on January 6th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Shake it baby! DNCASH

+ veryhoudini11 on January 6th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

@Kazesama, no this is not the censored n64 version, hahaha

@everyone bringing up doom, ect. fork Parker or Sony have any say or control with Bethesda releasing Doom, wolfenstein or quake. Bethesda has already stated they have no interest in the vita.

+ xXJARED187 on January 6th, 2015 at 9:32 am said:

What time does it come out?

+ justywusty on January 6th, 2015 at 9:33 am said:

In case anyone missed it, this is actually one of the free playstation plus games this month…so it’s FREE if you’re a subscriber! I’m excited!

+ Tsupi_Az on January 6th, 2015 at 9:34 am said:

@23 & @32 the prices are not listed b/c its a freebie for plus users. If you want the prices you will have to wait for the weekly release blog article, with all drops for the week.

+ italodancemp3 on January 6th, 2015 at 9:40 am said:

Let’s Rock

+ FreelanceSam on January 6th, 2015 at 9:40 am said:

@37, I’m not talking about just this game though. It’s like this for a lot of other games. I never find out the prices until the day they come out, and lots of them aren’t free for PS+ members. It’s very annoying for me who has to rely on PSN cards for game purchases. If I know what the price will be ahead of time, I can get a PSN card early and be ready when the game actually comes out. Without a price, I can’t get a card until the day it comes out, because if it’s too expensive for me, then I won’t get a card. If it’s cheap enough, I’d have to waste time going to the mall to get a card instead of being snug at home buying it already.

Seriously, it’s not hard to just list a price in this articles and in the Drop so I’ll know in advance whether to get a PSN card or not.

+ jvasq on January 6th, 2015 at 9:44 am said:

I played this game religiously on my ps1. Played it so much I still know where a lot of secrets are. Really happy to see this. :)

+ CapJSheridan on January 6th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

@23 I heard it would be $14,99

A bit pricey, but since PS Plus users get it for free, i’m good

+ Tsupi_Az on January 6th, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

@39 why don’t you just get psn cards ahead of time then you’re ready to go. I get all of mine @ Fry’s food store so I get the double fuel points. But I understand your frustration on the prices. Its just how Sony has done it and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

+ ZachNasty25 on January 6th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

When i sign into psn it till has all the old games from last month,.. Why?!?

+ Tsupi_Az on January 6th, 2015 at 9:54 am said:

I agree with @41 probably 14.99 steam has it listed at 9.99

+ Tjoeb123 on January 6th, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

I seriously can’t wait to play this.

+ Mintblend_44321 on January 6th, 2015 at 10:01 am said:

I would LOVE to see more classic FPS on PSN. Blood and Shadow Warrior would be too awesome for words.

+ DJPlace on January 6th, 2015 at 10:07 am said:

i agree with Post 23. also does this have online play?

+ SarshelYam on January 6th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

Awesome news Fork! I just picked this up as part of the latest “Awesome Games Done Quick 2015” Humble Bundle for Steam. Question, will this version feature Trophies like the Steam Achievements?

Either way, I’m sold. I love the work your team has been doing publishing some amazing gems like Shadow Warrior, Luftrausers, OlliOlli, Hotline Miami, BroForce…the list goes on…you guys ROCK!

+ wampdog29 on January 6th, 2015 at 10:11 am said:

The post says it’s out today, but PSN says out on the 13th…. which is it???

+ BillClay702 on January 6th, 2015 at 10:13 am said: