Days Gone

Jan 13

16239633925_949e3d333f_z

Atelier Ayesha Plus Arrives on PS Vita Today

16239633925_949e3d333f_z

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar Posted by on Jan 13, 2015 // Community Manager, Koei Tecmo Europe

Hello PS Vita players! We’re happy to announce that today we are launching Atelier Ayesha Plus ~The Alchemist of Dusk~ on PS Vita via PlayStation Store.

If you’re not familiar with the Atelier game series, it’s a RPG developed by one of our development teams, GUST, in Japan. Unlike the previous titles in the Atelier series, the setting for Atelier Ayesha Plus — the Dusk World — is on the verge of ruin, the glory of their civilization based on alchemy all but lost. Additionally, Hidari’s role as illustrator serves to further deepen the presentation of the Dusk World.

Atelier Ayesha Plus tells the tale of a girl, Ayesha Altugle, who after the death of her grandfather and the disappearance of her younger sister Nio, now lives alone blending healing cures to sell in her workshop. Upon a vision of Nio appearing near her empty grave, Ayesha is convinced Nio is still alive and begins her search to save her sister.

Atelier Ayesha Plus on PS VitaAtelier Ayesha Plus on PS Vita

This enhanced PS Vita version will bring new features including dual audio (English and Japanese voices), new bosses, new costumes, a Hard mode, and the Album missions which unlock exclusive costumes and gameplay features and the ability to change party members at any time.

Atelier Ayesha Plus will be available on PS Store today and if you download it from January 13th to February 10th, you’ll receive Bonus costumes as a bundle.

Atelier Ayesha Plus on PS Vita

For more information about Atelier Ayesha Plus, please visit the official site.

PAGE 1 2

+ Xbox1_Sign_Out on January 13th, 2015 at 7:02 am said:

Oh baby…

+ Tinye310 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:03 am said:

Probably would rather play this on Vita than my PS3 but $$$$ – good stuff though

+ spleener12 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:04 am said:

Double-dipping because Ayesha is my favorite Atelier thus far.

+ Bluejays20012 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:10 am said:

This game sucks

+ madmanwithabox12 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

People who straight up hate on a game to the developers face suck even more.

+ RoII_chan on January 13th, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

Are we getting all the extra costumes EU is getting if we buy the game today?
Also YAAAAAAAY another atelier game in my Ps vĂ­ta! <3 <3

+ Teflon02 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:20 am said:

I’ve bought All 3 Plus Arland games on Vita and goina buy this. But can you guys please do a physical release even if limited next time… These games are like 3.3GB each and the first 3 games with the exclusive dlc all together takes about 10GB, I’d love to be able to keep these games on my Vita without wasting so much memory. Especially if we gotta pay a full $40 for the games. Also would like these games in my collection because they’re gems. I’d even rebuy the arland games if you guys did a late limited print physical release for them.

+ TeamGreen615 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:22 am said:

Vita games are always welcome!

+ Zepherj on January 13th, 2015 at 7:24 am said:

I have never played an Atelier game, but Vita is the platform I would love to take one for a spin on. Maybe this will be my first.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

This is the first entry in the Dusk series. Worth a try if you love JRPG. :)

+ WhinyKibbles on January 13th, 2015 at 7:33 am said:

How about the sale details for today!?!?! 15 for 15 sale?!?!?!?

+ SaberX85 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:42 am said:

Chin, please discount all the previous vita atelier series to celebrate this release, pretty please XD

+ Rinkawa on January 13th, 2015 at 7:49 am said:

I have been refreshing the PS Store for 12 hrs now…
Nope…I’m not excited….
=p

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 7:59 am said:

Haha, you have to wait for the PS Store update today :)

+ Klelslol on January 13th, 2015 at 7:51 am said:

What’s the file size on this game? I have a little over 3 gigs useable space left, is that enough or should I clear some room today?

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 7:58 am said:

Hi Klelslol, that would be 2.95GB.

+ remanutd5 on January 13th, 2015 at 7:53 am said:

I know this is off topic but when is Kick&Fennick coming out?

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 7:56 am said:

For your info, Atelier Ayesha Plus supports and will work on PlayStation Vita TV.

+ RoII_chan on January 13th, 2015 at 8:06 am said:

You should show the extra costumes just like PS blog EU did, so everyone can see them =)

+ sockerps on January 13th, 2015 at 8:20 am said:

Thanks so much!! Especially glad about the dual audio! I’ll be getting it once it’s up on the store.

Also, any chance of you guys releasing some new Gust game avatars? There hasn’t been any since Totori from NISA while DOA and the warriors games seems to be releasing them regularly.

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 8:23 am said:

I’ll include the suggestion for Gust game avatars to the next agenda with the team. We’ll see what we can do. Thanks for your support!

+ SeanStrange on January 13th, 2015 at 8:29 am said:

Definitely not a game for me. Glad the Vita is still getting games though.

+ pnut027 on January 13th, 2015 at 8:33 am said:

I’d love to try this series, but the prices are still way too high. Any idea on when the older games will have a price drop?

+ WhinyKibbles on January 13th, 2015 at 8:40 am said:

Hopefully today!

+ italodancemp3 on January 13th, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

Chin Soon Sun

Please bring Bladestorm: Nightmare to PS Vita,I love all of Koei Tecmo games on Vita and purchased them all.

We need Bladestorm: Nightmare :(

+ jeniPR on January 13th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

@15 thank you. Exited it’s compatible for PlayStation tv.

+ shadow71 on January 13th, 2015 at 8:51 am said:

I’m giving up one these as much as I LOVE rpgs on the vita. It’s always “first have of game, rpg goodness; second half of game, scramble to get things done in the time limit only to realize there’s no way”. Always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. =(

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 13th, 2015 at 9:00 am said:

Huh, I’ve never played an Atelier game but that trailer does look pretty cool. I know there are other Atelier games on the vita store already, so I’m wondering can this game be an acceptable entry point into the series?

Regardless, thanks for bringing this over, more vita games are ALWAYS welcome!

Chin Soon Sun's Avatar

+ Chin Soon Sun on January 13th, 2015 at 9:08 am said:

You probably have seen Atelier Rorona Plus, Totori Plus and Meruru Plus, they’re based in ARLAND and it’s a trilogy.

Atelier Ayesha Plus (or Atelier Ayesha PS3) is the first game/entry for the DUSK Trilogy (which will follow by Escha & Logy and Shallie), you will find Dusk World a little darker than Arland because the land has gone through many eras of destruction and recovery.

There are countless ruins to be found in this beautiful yet fleeting world. You can check the US official site to find out more information about it: http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/ayeshaplus

I hope this helps.

+ Welmosca on January 13th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

Lovely art.

+ naoplox on January 13th, 2015 at 9:04 am said:

any word if this will be for the PS4 as well? theres no J-RPG’s at all on ps4

+ GattsuWolf on January 13th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

Now this was totally unexpected o_o looks like a really cool and big game for the vita… This made my day! Thank you for supporting the psvita! I’ll buy it as soon as I finish the final fantasy x/x2 hd remaster I bought a month ago :)

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 13th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

@Chih Soon Sun Thank you for the explanation

+ Archacus on January 13th, 2015 at 9:40 am said:

Forget about it.

I’m not buying another digital only release. I’m fed up with those. You are asking to pay for this as much as other companies are asking for full retail editions. It is obvious that you will earn more on digital release… but where is the place for what your clients wants? Do you even respect us? Or just want to earn on us?

On Vita where space is very limited buying digital games is without any sense, I bought all 3 previous parts Totori, Meruru, Rorona tried only 1 of them. I loved it! I really did! But I’m fed up with removing/copying/downloading every single game. I want to insert cartridge and instantly play the game! That’s what handhelds are all about! About comfort of playing.

Not about waiting 2 hours to download 3GB, or running to PC every time you want to copy the game from hardisk.

And think on re-releasing previous parts. I would buy retail of those even though I already have digital versions.

+ Slizarus on January 13th, 2015 at 9:48 am said:

This is super exciting :) I’m really glad you guys are supporting the Vita, I think it’s the perfect JRPG portable machine too :D

To other people: I’ll be honest, I had never heard of an Atelier game before Atelier Totori Plus popped up.. and that.. looked like an RPG with a bunch of young women dressed in modest clothing, the gameplay I found looked too simple, I passed on it.

But everytime, looking for a New JRPG, the Atelier series came up on my view and I looked into the other games. When Atelier Meruru Plus came out, I gave it a shot, and what do you know? It’s pretty awesome! A crafting system with depth, a mechanic to hurry you along the way, and more robust fighting mechanics, the game was pretty enticing, and I still like to play through it. But you know what?

I’ve heard it gets better, each release seems to have a better combat system than the next, I’m looking forward to picking up Ayesha.. but I’ll be really counting the days till Atelier Escha and Logy Plus localized later this year or early next? (Hopefully!)

Cheers :)

+ subsamuel01 on January 13th, 2015 at 10:02 am said:

I love the support for Vita, but not a huge fan of these digital only games.

+ Otaku359 on January 13th, 2015 at 10:31 am said:

I dont mind these digital purchases for Vita since I have a 64 GB memory card, but it would be cool if Sony offered perks like pre-order and receive a digital soundtrack and art book. You could access those materials from logging in from your home computer on to the Sony Playstation website.

This just looks like another title Ill purchase in the long list of Vita JRPGs Ill never beat til Im 40.

+ boomstickbhg on January 13th, 2015 at 10:33 am said:

Yay, can’t wait to play this even if it’s digital only.

Although if the Blog staff had it’s way we’d never know it’s coming. Can you believe the guy who does the Drop is so bad at his job, he regularly misses games like this one? He didn’t even bother to look into it, he just waited for a random commenter to find the info and do his job for him.

We need a better drop with a sensible layout, prices and above all accuracy, it’s wrong too often for excuses.

Anyway back on topic, this game looks like lots of fun for Atelier fans :)

+ LabMember009 on January 13th, 2015 at 10:47 am said:

I’m thankful that the series is brought over at all digital or no. Thanks a lot, been waiting for this game for a while and looking forward to Atelier Shallie and future Atelier games.

+ perfig on January 13th, 2015 at 11:09 am said:

Why are games as good as Atelier series are digital-only for ps vita? Where is the love for retail? Also Atelier sale when?

+ boomstickbhg on January 13th, 2015 at 11:13 am said:

For those asking about Atelier sales/price drops:

I haven’t seen a specific, here’s the Atelier games on sale, event.

However most of the Atelier games have been on sale at some point, particularly the Vita games.

I got both of Meruru and Rorona Plus on sale on PSN for 20-25 dollars. Totori also went on sale for a similar price but I already had it.

I’m rounding up in my not perfect memory so the games may have been even less than 25ish.

They may not happen often but the Atelier (vita) games have gone on sale before. I got both of my ‘sale’ prices 4-6 months after release.

+ Miss_Megumi_na on January 13th, 2015 at 11:46 am said:

Would’ve loved to have had the Limited Edition box retail of this in english, but just having this with dual audio is a real treat! Thx KOEI Tecmo. You guys are on a role. Please release the Vita version of Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn. I’ll take retail or digital. Doesn’t matter just please release it! http://www.facebook.com/xPSVITAx

+ Onvertic on January 13th, 2015 at 11:54 am said:

Koei, any interest in bringing the Nobunaga’s Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms series over?

+ AgainstYT on January 13th, 2015 at 12:07 pm said:

What’s up with the 3.8 GB music DLC pack? It’s bigger than the game itself! My memory card can’t take much more of this abuse

+ the_jerbear on January 13th, 2015 at 12:12 pm said:

Can’t wait to get into this one. :D

+ SuitofWar on January 13th, 2015 at 12:18 pm said:

Anyone know what song this is? I kind of dig it.

+ Seluhir on January 13th, 2015 at 12:19 pm said:

Was really impressed by Ayesha, so if you haven’t played it, I’d recommend getting this. Each consecutive Atelier game is a slight refinement on the genre, so you can’t really go wrong with any of them…

+ Anibalstar on January 13th, 2015 at 12:24 pm said:

Will this have the same limited time play as the other entries in the series?

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 13th, 2015 at 12:25 pm said:

Oh wow I didn’t know this was coming out on Vita today! Very cool!! Will def be picking this up!

+ DivineTrinity on January 13th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

Store finally updated! Playing it now and enjoying the game.

I heard that you can bring over your PS3 data to the Vita version but I’m not seeing anything in the digital manual on how you go about doing this.

+ AVahne on January 13th, 2015 at 12:42 pm said:

Would love to get this, but paying the full $40 for a digital copy….

+ Kid_Loser on January 13th, 2015 at 12:59 pm said:

If only you guys would discount JUST 1 OF THE FIRST TITLES you brought out before this on the Vita, then maybe I would get into the series. But none, NONE OF THE FIRST 3 titles you have on the Vita have been discounted in the NA. WHAT’S THE DEAL!?!?!?!?!?!

+ jab__661 on January 13th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

Not my cup of tea, but it appears people like it, so keep up the good work, Sony.

+ Nerroth on January 13th, 2015 at 1:21 pm said:

It’s good to see companies like Koei Tecmo and Idea Factory International making an effort to bring their respective Vita titles to the West. Hopefully the success of games like Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (which according to a recent interview has sold 450,000 copies worldwide, 70,000 of which were downloaded in North America) will encourage others like Bandai Namco to bring more of their Japanese Vita games over also.

By the way, I saw that Gust-chan, who had been originally created as a Masker character for the first two games in the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, has more recently been re-purposed for use as GUST’s social media mascot. (In the Neptunia Re;Birth series of re-makes for PS Vita, Gust-chan’s spot has been taken up by Makers from other companies instead.) Is there any chance that GUST and Koei Tecmo might allow Idea Factory/Compile Heart/IFI to bring Gust-chan back into the mix for future Nepgames?

+ boomstickbhg on January 13th, 2015 at 1:31 pm said:

@Kid_Loser

All three of the Atelier Vita games released so far (Before today) in NA have had sales. They have been discounted before.

All three have in fact been discounted in NA at various times.

That’s the deal.