Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 10

residentevilrevelations2

Resident Evil Revelations 2: PS Vita Status Check

residentevilrevelations2

Gio Corsi's Avatar Posted by on Apr 10, 2015 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Greetings! It seems like eons ago since we announced a whole slew of new titles at PlayStation Experience, even though it’s only been a few months. So I wanted to give you all an update on what’s going on with Resident Evil Revelations 2 for PS Vita.

As the final episode of Revelations 2 was just recently released on PS4 and PS3, we’re now ready to complete its transition over to PS Vita thanks to the passionate team at Frima Studio, who is knee-deep in production of this title for our favorite little handheld. While we get closer to locking down PS Vita-specific gameplay and features, we will update you all again soon with a firm release date. But for now, I am just saying “coming digitally this summer.”

The PS Vita version of Revelations 2 will contain all four episodes of Capcom’s scarefest, including any DLC (sans consumables) released thus far. As for Raid Mode, single-player will also be included at launch, but online co-op Raid Mode and the ad-hoc modes will most likely come post-launch via an update. This is so we can get the full game into your hands that much sooner. Finally, we’ve added gyroscopic targeting to make shooting weapons that much more PS Vita-centric.

We will update you with a firm release date soon, but for now, I’ve got to see what horrors Barry, Natalia, Claire, and Moira are facing on that terrifying island.

PAGE 1 2

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:03 am said:

Any exclusive PS Vita content?

+ pn3b0y on April 10th, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

any chance of a physical cart version happening if there’s enough demand?

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:05 am said:

So glad this is coming to Vita, even if it’s digital only which was my plan to purchase as anyway. I thought the game was really good. Not as scary as the first RE Revelations but still fun. Very happy Claire is back. How much will the game cost? I’m guessing either $30 or $40 max. Raid mode would be perfect for quick play especially since it’s more quick and easier than RE Revelations 1’s Raid Mode.

+ gerneric123 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:06 am said:

Wow, I’m sorry Gio, but this is not good news at all. Delayed to an undisclosed date in the summer, which means it’s far enough away for everyone to have forgotten about Revelations 2, and the port is outsourced. You guys managed to get Capcom to port USFIV to PS4, but couldn’t get them to do the same for Rev 2 on Vita?

+ gerneric123 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:08 am said:

Also this is really concerning given the Borderlands 2 support:

“but online co-op Raid Mode and the ad-hoc modes will most likely come post-launch via an update. ”

The Vita version didn’t get all the DLC and you guys spoke about the potential for that in the same way.

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:08 am said:

Again thanks for the game. Sorry to post a “1,000” posts. Now Please remake Resident Evil 2. So much demand for it. There’s a facebook page with 1,000’s of fans.

+ broncosfan2117 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:17 am said:

Yay i’m so happy to here some news this i thought you guys forgot about this for vita it seem nice the gets some love thanks again for again bringing this to the vita i appreciate it and day 1 buy for me

+ iriihutoR84 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:20 am said:

Cool beans. Now get that first party production team on bringing Phantasy Star Nova over.

+ kdnpdbyninjas on April 10th, 2015 at 9:24 am said:

Please add a cross-save feature for the raid mode (at least). It would be so awesome to continue the progress that I have made within that mode on my PS4 while on my daily commute and then come back to it on my TV after a long day of work.

+ Typetm012 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:28 am said:

Cool
any chance of physical copy?

+ HooliganComboFTW on April 10th, 2015 at 9:35 am said:

Keeping my expectations low for this port.

+ zingakun on April 10th, 2015 at 9:38 am said:

Thank you for not letting Vita owners down!

+ DIGITAL_DEV1L on April 10th, 2015 at 9:39 am said:

C’mon Sony, if an indie developer can get Retro City Rampage DX to release on a physical cart I know you can. Just make it a limited edition with a small print run or/and have pre-orders with a cut off date. Digital only wouldn’t be so much of a problem if the memory cards were not so expensive.

+ madmanwithabox12 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:45 am said:

I hope it’s a good port, I really do. Would show some confidence to see the game in action before the release so we can be assured that it’ll be a quality job. Not too thrilled with Capcom’s lack of interest/involvement, but I’ll try to keep an open mind. I hope it turns out okay, ideally 1:1 with the console versions – it shouldn’t be too much of an ask considering they’re not the most demanding games out there.

It would be a shame if this game didn’t get a physical release. I understand the other versions didn’t, but this is the complete thing – all four episodes are here. It makes sense for a physical release. PLEASE don’t relegate this to being digital only, especially with Vita memory cards being what they are. I’m already nearly out of space on my 64GB card and have had to delete a tonne of games already. =/

Also, hows about bugging Capcom for a Vita exclusive RE? Revelations was a big deal for 3DS, Revelations 2 won’t be as big a deal for Vita because it came out on everything else already. If Vita got some great original content first for a change, you might see it garner more interest from people who haven’t bought one.

+ eduardoseth32 on April 10th, 2015 at 9:51 am said:

Thanks for supporting ps vita.

+ xClayMeow on April 10th, 2015 at 9:52 am said:

Would it be feasible to release Episode One for free (at least for PS+ subscribers), so we can see firsthand how good it runs and looks on Vita?

+ TheWintendoHii on April 10th, 2015 at 9:53 am said:

With all the digital only games now, please consider releasing larger memory cards and lower their prices. I imported a 64gb memory card from Japan and even that is starting to run low on space.

+ Malkavilis on April 10th, 2015 at 9:59 am said:

I was expecting “spring” as release date, but “better late than never”. It’s better release a game when its finished. Gamers hate day-one patches.

1 – The game will be compatible with PSVita TV?

2 – Cross-buy? Cross-save? Cross-trophy? Cross-anything?

3 – Native resolution?

4 – 30 frames per second above 90% of the gameplay time?

5 – Price?

6 – How many gigabytes?

And about Borderlands 2 Vita? Where’s the remainig DLCs?

Thanks a lot!

+ gerneric123 on April 10th, 2015 at 10:01 am said:

madmanwithabox12 pls
if sony couldn’t even get capcom to port revelations 2 the idea of them making a vita exclusive RE is insane
heck, sony couldn’t even get capcom to release a real monster hunter on vita even though it would’ve been hugely beneficial for sony and capcom
though knowing sony, they’ll probably pay capcom for a ps4 exclusive monster hunter
because monster hunter has been such a huge success story on home consoles /sarcasm

+ Zilas on April 10th, 2015 at 10:10 am said:

I was looking forward to this until I read “coming digitally”.
Looks like another Vita title I’ll be skipping.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on April 10th, 2015 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks for the update, but we need it PHISICALLY, games take too much space from that super expensive memory cards (that Sony hasn’t dropped them in price during all these years).

Hopefully it’ll come at the beginning of the summer

+ gerneric123 on April 10th, 2015 at 10:15 am said:

“The PS Vita version of Revelations 2 will contain all four episodes of Capcom’s scarefest, including any DLC (sans consumables) released thus far.”

Does this mean Vita isn’t getting the two chapters exclusive to the retail release?!

Gio Corsi's Avatar

+ Gio Corsi on April 16th, 2015 at 10:05 am said:

No its getting all chapters including the two extras and the costumes.

+ JandxFan on April 10th, 2015 at 10:19 am said:

Please give it to us in a physical cartridge…you screwed us over with Oreshika: Tainted Bloods and it looks like PS Vita owner are going to get screwed again. I LOVE my PS Vita…but why should we support the company that scoffs at it’s consumers by putting exorbitant prices on proprietary memory cards and then having one of the most anticipated titles for the PS Vita, this year, be Digital-Only.

+ Welmosca on April 10th, 2015 at 10:24 am said:

Very nice to see support for Vita…make it physical.

+ TooLVolta on April 10th, 2015 at 10:36 am said:

Why don’t you guys try getting off your bums and finally fix the problem many of us have with dlc for the game, i have pre order dlc and purchased dlc that i still haven’t received and its almost been two months! Theres a forum on support with many other people with this problem, when are you guys going to fix it!?

+ NEOMERCER on April 10th, 2015 at 10:48 am said:

I don’t mean to sound like one of those ungrateful ****s that needs to be killed with kindness by the Representitive of the post but I didn’t even know this game was coming to Vita until just now when I saw it on Facebook. I got a little excited but as soon as I got here and read “Favorite little handheld” “Digital” and “post launch” I had to snort. I’ve been behind the Vita since it was announced and I have a lot of fun with its great but limited library of games but I’m not blind to the problems it has and what’s said about it. It gets no advertisement, no first party support and the memory cards are still rediculously high in price. This is why nobody wants to buy it. Everyone’s known this from the start, this is nothing new what I’m saying. But I’m saying it because I too have grown tired of deleting stuff off my system because everything is digital only. Which forces me into the position of having to buy another memory card or keep moving stuff on and off my computer. I mean seriously look at MLB the show 15 on Vita. You basically are buying the box if you go to the store. That’s literally what you’re doing actually. Buying a box just to get home and download it anyways. Smh.

+ EndRant on April 10th, 2015 at 11:13 am said:

@toolvolta that’s on capcom. Complain to them about that.
Also, why no physical release?

+ obed17 on April 10th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

Gio Corsi, Is this a physical copy, cross-play-buy?
Please answer.
Thanks.

+ TeamGreen615 on April 10th, 2015 at 11:28 am said:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the Vita version. Very seldom do I buy digital games unless they are extremely cheap but this is one I might have to get.

+ Monterossa on April 10th, 2015 at 11:29 am said:

y u no RE1 Remaster for the Vita?

+ Mister_Zurkon on April 10th, 2015 at 11:36 am said:

Speaking of REV 2, Any updates on the still somehow totally broken Pre-order DLC for the PS4 version?

+ febwtf on April 10th, 2015 at 11:38 am said:

Since there’s no way to actually address a message to anyone at Sony, I’d just like to post here and say thank you for finally fixing the download list in Media Go.

+ rafael_martines on April 10th, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

Plz Capcom and SONY put Online Co-Op on Story Mode too… plz both Console and Vita versions plz plz

+ bbswarrior_11 on April 10th, 2015 at 11:54 am said:

I had no plans on getting this for PS4 since I´m saving the space on my HD for bigger games to come like the witcher 3 and BAtman but I am excited it´s coming to the Vita. Will definately be buying it once it´s out.

+ Xx_7amoody_xX on April 10th, 2015 at 11:56 am said:

Im throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening. GIVE IT TO ME!

+ Teflon02 on April 10th, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

Well now I will not be buying this game. I was originally because I wanted to support it and I’m not a RE fan but I’ll play it. But with no Physical release I see no point of my support sadly. Hope next time you release physically even if limited print or EB/Gamestop exclusive.

+ SHARINGAN_JP on April 10th, 2015 at 12:05 pm said:

Most likely no online or ad hoc?

+ RR99i on April 10th, 2015 at 12:05 pm said:

I wouldn’t mind a physical retail of Revelations 2, if possible, the game maybe too big to fit on a game card. Also, I went ahead and purchased the retail PS3 version back on March 17th. I would have went with the PS4 version for remote play, but knowing there will be a Vita version I decided not to. I wasn’t sure if there would be a way to transfer your PS3/PS4 save to the Vita version? With putting in a lot of time in the Campaign and Raid Mode on PS3, would be time consuming again for the Vita version. I loved playing Revelations 2, love the Vita and this would be neat to play on it again.

+ Teflon02 on April 10th, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

@23, that’s actually exactly why I didn’t buy Bloodline lol. No Physical and you’ll be lucky I buy. I will not take a risk on buying a game unless physical or on sale for under $10

+ dancingmind on April 10th, 2015 at 12:19 pm said:

FRIMA?!

can you pass on a request to make a vita version of “A space shooter for 2 bucks”?! That game was excellent :)

+ rabidninjamonky on April 10th, 2015 at 12:37 pm said:

Thanks for the status update. I also would like status checks on Axiom Verge, Pier Solar, Severed, Bastion, Geometry Wars 3, Rainbow Skies, STFU, Dragon Fin Soup, Project Phoenix, Broforce and Shantae Half-genie hero.

+ luvtoseek on April 10th, 2015 at 12:49 pm said:

I’ll wait for the reviews; I hear the story & action are decent. My concern are the controls. If they’re solid… GIMMEEEE!

Thanks for the support devs! My Vita is the best portable I’ve ever owned. (=

+ abstract45 on April 10th, 2015 at 12:50 pm said:

When you say all DLC minus consumables what exactly does that mean?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 10th, 2015 at 12:58 pm said:

Not looking forward to this, but Gio, please, bring me a port of MI and MI2 SE to PS4 and PSV.

+ DanteMerfi on April 10th, 2015 at 1:09 pm said:

Thanks for thinking about Vita owners.

+ JP_Doiron on April 10th, 2015 at 1:15 pm said:

@dancingmind

Your comment about spaceShooter was relayed to the IP Department at FrimaStudio. Thanks for liking the game.

+ Yinyangfooey on April 10th, 2015 at 1:22 pm said:

Seriously? Why is everything digital only? I’m almost out of space on my 32 GB memory card because of Oreshika (which you also decided to freaking make digital only). I’m not willing to dish out $80 memory card for another game.

+ kureiii on April 10th, 2015 at 1:28 pm said:

I’ll definitely buy this one! Hopefully there’s a digital copy cause i’m low on memory. :D

+ sm95 on April 10th, 2015 at 1:37 pm said:

Is Revelations 2 gonna be cross-buy on the Vita (since I already bought the complete season on PS4)?

+ Heavyman99 on April 10th, 2015 at 1:39 pm said:

Sony, for the next version of the Vita, have one port for SD cards and another for Vita memory cards, because this is getting ridiculous.

PAGE 1 2