Days Gone

Apr 28

guardianofrebirth

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ Hits PS Vita This Fall

guardianofrebirth

Mina Hirano's Avatar Posted by on Apr 28, 2015 // Marketing Department, Aksys Games

Greetings, friends! I’m Mina from Aksys Games. We are super excited to announce our next new otome/visual novel game, Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ by Idea Factory/Design Factory! Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ will be exclusive to PS Vita, and it is coming out in fall 2015!

Restricted to an abandoned mansion on the outskirts of London in fulfillment of a promise to her father, lonely Cardia lives day to day isolated from the world. Her body carries a deadly poison that rots or melts anything her skin touches, prompting the locals to call her a “monster.”

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Her last conversation with her father two years ago, telling her to stay out of sight and never fall in love, is the furthest back she can remember. One day, her quiet solitude is interrupted as the Royal Guards break in to capture her. It is then that Cardia meets Arsène Lupin, a chivalrous thief, who helps her escape the soldiers’ clutches. She soon finds herself on a journey with Lupin to locate her father, who holds the answers to her mysterious condition. The two are soon joined by four more interesting and handsome gentlemen…

For all you otome/visual novel fans out there, Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ will not disappoint! ~Guardian of Rebirth~ delivers it all and I’ll explain why.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Experience your own romantic fairytale. You’ll be playing as a beautiful young woman whose poisonous touch means imminent death, and unraveling the secrets of her past with the help of five charming guys. Which of these dashing men will capture your heart?

Meet attractive… literary and historical figures? Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ introduces well-known European literary figures such as Arsène Lupin, Abraham Van Helsing, Victor Frankenstein, Impey Barbicane, and Count Saint-Germain. They all have different personalities, unique charismatic features, and their own mysterious backstory (For you to uncover!).

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Steampunk themes everywhere! Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ is filled with 19th century industrial steam-powered machineries, Gothic-Victorian costume designs, and many gear and clock motifs! So if you are a fan of steampunk, this will be right up your alley!

For more details, be sure to visit the Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ official website! Thanks for tuning in!

+ Roaming_Ryu on April 28th, 2015 at 7:12 am said:

Will it be compatible with PlayStation TV?

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

It should be, but we’re still talking with the devs about that.

+ TheExiled12894 on April 28th, 2015 at 7:15 am said:

The art looks very nice.

+ FlashDrivePrime on April 28th, 2015 at 7:19 am said:

Are the squiggles really part of the title? Really?

+ madmanwithabox12 on April 28th, 2015 at 7:25 am said:

Not coming to Europe?

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:16 am said:

It will be released as a digital only product in Europe :)

+ sumirufus on April 28th, 2015 at 7:30 am said:

I’ve purchased the game in Japanese so I’m very excited by the localisation! I was amazed at how high-quality the game was in art, presentation, music, just about everything, so I sincerely hope many people buy the game — at expense of my wallet I’ll definitely be purchasing an English copy. Hopefully this and the news of Amnesia: Memories will lead up to more otome games heading to the west in the future.

+ Sikachuu on April 28th, 2015 at 7:38 am said:

You guys should talk to IFI to bring Date A Live to NA/EU. Really.

+ CanadianSocomer on April 28th, 2015 at 7:44 am said:

Please Aksys I really hope this game will have a physical release. We need more physical visual novels. Please make it happen :D

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:17 am said:

The game will be both physical and digital in North America :)

+ Hayades on April 28th, 2015 at 7:45 am said:

Awesome news. Glad to see more visual novels coming over. This story looks interesting even if it’s otome. Having said that, I am a adult male so it would be cool to get Seinen visual novels where the story and cast are complex and mature. I don’t want to always play teenagers.

+ TeamGreen615 on April 28th, 2015 at 7:49 am said:

Will there be a retail version available or is this digital only?

+ Dragonslayer_023 on April 28th, 2015 at 7:51 am said:

More Otome games? I feel like I made my wish for more VNs on a monkey’s paw.

+ gemuvan on April 28th, 2015 at 8:03 am said:

So, I need to be a girl to play this properly?

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:18 am said:

Nope! You can be a girl or guy!

The game has some light romance elements, just like our previously released otome/visual novel games Hakuoki and Sweet Fuse, but the main bulk of the game is the story which can be enjoyed by either male or female alike.

+ Ninevolts on April 28th, 2015 at 8:03 am said:

More VN’s, better. I will get this If otome for sure.

But Aksys, please guys, localize more games. SpikeChunsoft’s duo of Samurai games Ukiyo no Roushi and Ukiyo no Shishi for instance. We really need some samurai action.

+ Grayfox2k8 on April 28th, 2015 at 8:16 am said:

Where is the official website?

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:19 am said:

It will be going up tomorrow along with the official PR. Thanks for your patience!

+ TomHoang on April 28th, 2015 at 8:20 am said:

Big time Aksys fan right here, please make this a physical release. Or even better, a limited edition! Awesome that you guys are supporting otome/visual novels and the Vita.

@Gemuvan, No you don’t need to be a girl to play this properly. Yes, you are a girl romancing guys in the game, but that’s like saying female gamers can’t properly enjoy Persona 4 or games where you romance girls. As with most Idea Factory games, the focus is on the story first, romance second. Plus, you already have a pretty girly avatar, so I think you will enjoy this game!

Mina Hirano's Avatar

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on April 28th, 2015 at 9:22 am said:

Thanks for the love! And great XBlaze Mei avatar! Hope you’re excited for XBlaze Lost: Memories!

And Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ will be both physical and digital.

+ Luchikita on April 28th, 2015 at 8:36 am said:

I’ve heard it’s a pretty good game so I’m happy we’re getting it. Really hope we get a LE too.

+ Tatanka2007 on April 28th, 2015 at 8:39 am said:

Backing up the first commenter’s question about Playstation TV compatibility. I’m not a mobile gaming person, but I had to play Persona 4 Golden and Tales of Heart R. There’s lot of other great titles I am discovering. Fingers-crossed that this one is compatible with PS TV. Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth sounds like a breath of fresh air for visual novel and steampunk fans.

+ kurachan7 on April 28th, 2015 at 8:47 am said:

I didn’t check with the Vita TV compatibility list but usually Otome games work on Vita TV just fine.
I was thrilled when I read this news as I haven’t bought the game yet (It’s on my wishlist) but unless a physical release is confirmed I need to keep crossing fingers. I’d love to support this but I can’t play digital titles.

+ death_nation100 on April 28th, 2015 at 9:23 am said:

Is this created by the same guys that worked on Last Virtues ? I’ll buy if it is oh and obviously one of the guys is bad guys .

+ supervamp78 on April 28th, 2015 at 9:25 am said:

Do you think with the recent announcement for Amnesia by ideafactory, that if it does well enough you guys might take on more romance heavy titles in the future?

+ Seluhir on April 28th, 2015 at 9:26 am said:

wait… Tuxedo Mask is in this? Interesting.

Well, more Japanese games coming to the West is always a good thing.

+ JRPG-Gamer4ever on April 28th, 2015 at 9:31 am said:

Thank you for continued localization of great titles!

I own every title you have released on Vita and plan to continue buying them all!

Loved Mind = 0 btw!

+ tusunami on April 28th, 2015 at 10:04 am said:

People complain about where are the PS Vita games at. And why PS Vita games don’t come out day 1 be glad that there are games coming out all for the portable.

+ lisatsunami on April 28th, 2015 at 10:06 am said:

I will buy this. Thanks for supporting the Vita, Aksys! In fact, visual novels are perfect for Vita and vice-versa. Although I may also use my Vita TV for this.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on April 28th, 2015 at 10:23 am said:

The setting looks and sound amazing with 19th century steam punk ect. The words “exclusively to Vita” are music to my ears. My only fear is the word “otome” and the meaning of it being a girl game.

+ B_R_S_25 on April 28th, 2015 at 10:27 am said:

This sounds awesome! Thanks, Aksys, for supporting Vita! ^_^

+ iamtylerdurden1 on April 28th, 2015 at 10:35 am said:

@22 – Are try to say we should be glad there are games coming out at all for the Vita? If so then why? Because the Vita didn’t sell like the PSP we should be glad they even make any games at all? Wii u didn’t stop making games BC it wasn’t selling, instead they doubled down and are now releasing great games (Bayonetta 2). Golden Abyss will sell 2 million lifetime for Vita and AC Liberation is at about 1.5 million. A ton of great games recently released on Vita that isn’t the issue, the issue is when devs claim a game will come out on ps4 and Vita and then they conveniently release the ps4 version and say “umm the Vita version will come at a later date”. Many of these games started as Vita (only) games which is why it’s even more infuriating.

+ robert-18- on April 28th, 2015 at 11:11 am said:

I’m happy to see more VN’s in NA, but why the preference for otome games? It would be great to see other themes.

A question? Is to difficult localize anime VN’s? For example, Nisekoi Yomeire, Hanayamata Yosakoi Live, etc.

+ haruna_fuu on April 28th, 2015 at 11:35 am said:

Wow. I was so surprised that Aksys would choose such a wonderful title! I actually bought the Japanese version already, but I’m always happy to support a localization of a good game like this one. I’m hoping to see more titles in English.

+ DizzyQViperU on April 28th, 2015 at 12:41 pm said:

Otome is not my cup of tea but If something obscure as this can get a localisation and a psysical release than there is still hope for Ciel noSurge Offline.

+ gold_og_roger on April 28th, 2015 at 12:56 pm said:

Hurray for diversity on the Vita! I hope to see more niche titles localized; as I suspect Japanese developers are just now getting into their Vita development groove.

+ AkatsukiDarkx on April 28th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

only ask to have the Spanish translation, would be very important for those who do not speak English (Spanish or Latin American users)

+ Elvick_ on April 28th, 2015 at 1:06 pm said:

Thanks for physical! <3

Will preorder as soon as it's up in Canada. [do you now when this will be? surely you'd announce it on social media at least?]

+ Rii_tan_ on April 28th, 2015 at 3:21 pm said:

I’ve never heard of this game but I am so excited that more otomes are being localised recently!
I was wondering though why there won’t be a physical copy available in Europe :L

+ gerneric123 on April 28th, 2015 at 3:25 pm said:

What I’ve surmised from Aksys announcements is that if I want a visual novel localized it needs to have the word “Code” in its title.

+ JRRyder21 on April 28th, 2015 at 5:13 pm said:

No physical in europe = no sale 4 me

+ Astroking112 on April 28th, 2015 at 6:14 pm said:

How about a localization of Fate/EXTRA CCC? I stumbled across Fate/Extra on the PSN a while ago, and would be interested in picking up the follow-up. Plus with the ongoing ufotable anime adaptations, the series is actually somewhat popular in the west.

Of course, I’d also love to see an official English version of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia released (Both of which are available on the Vita in Japanese, I believe), but I know that Aksys probably wouldn’t be the ones to talk to about that.

+ JakeJoe85 on April 28th, 2015 at 11:15 pm said:

Please bring Fate/Extra CCC. Hell give the Otome games a break and give us something awesome Like Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hallow Ataraxia for the vita.

+ Cmdrkatlangley on April 29th, 2015 at 4:11 am said:

Will there be a collector’s/limited edition release?

+ XJAWNX on April 29th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

Sekai Project already translated the first Fruit of Grisaia vn so pick that **** up and put it on Vita for em

+ nuikou on April 29th, 2015 at 2:59 pm said:

aHH// I’m so SO excited!!!
If theres a LE version, I’m definitely pre-ording that one!!
I LOVE MIKO’S ART AND THE DIRECTOR FOR THIS GAME IS GREAT AS WELL!!!
CANT WAIT FOR CODE:REALIZE TO BE RELEASED!!!

+ Saves__The__Day on May 1st, 2015 at 4:48 pm said:

VN + physical + vita = take my $€£¥!

+ Holyangel94 on May 3rd, 2015 at 6:16 am said:

No physical for europe -> No buy from me

+ SLEEPYsleep on May 3rd, 2015 at 1:15 pm said:

Please bring Steins Gate; and Fate!¡ also tell Japan we want new or at least English ports of latest on Initial D, Hajime no Ippo, and Gundum for Vita, Vita TV, and PS4!!! I will settle for a digital release if need be. Oh and bring us one of those cliche semi H dating Sims that I’ve seen in anime for so long haha.

+ MOCHIIIx on May 4th, 2015 at 8:50 am said:

Yeeees, can’t wait. I am so glad its getting a physical release. Love me some visual novels. [=

+ DiagnoseTot on May 14th, 2015 at 2:24 am said:

thx aksys for giving this game a retail release (at least in NA, which should be no problem for us europeans to import.. unlike another company who releases a limited physical release through a shop, where we CAN’T get it *cough*kt*cough*)

deserves support and pre-order! would be nice if someone would also localize IF´s date a live :)

+ DiagnoseTot on May 14th, 2015 at 2:36 am said:

or even better cross channel ^^ one of my favorite vn´s of all time

i don´t put my hopes into ciel nosurge offline, imported it a while ago, because i don´t think that kt cares about it.. that´d be a game, where they actually do have to put some work into… that´s irresponsible and they can´t do that :o we still got warriors 8 extreme legend complete ultra re-re-re-release or the re-re-release and still full of bugs doa 5 or the awesome but just digital with a half-assed localization available atelier plus games..

so yea, as much i´d love to see ciel nosurge here, kt´s just to lazy for that :(

but i´m really excited for the upcoming aksys releases #4infinity !

+ IvoryCanary on May 18th, 2015 at 1:44 pm said:

@Aksys Games Will there be a special or collector’s edition? Or maybe even a pre-order bonus? I love extra goods :P