Paragon

Aug 05

Aug 05

Back to Bed Coming to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita August 25th

Greta Salmon's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, LOOT Entertainment

Hey there, PlayStation! Greta Salmon here from LOOT Interactive with some very exciting news! Back to Bed, the challenging and whimsical surrealist puzzle game from Danish developer Bedtime Digital Games, is coming exclusively to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we wanted to show some love to PlayStation Plus members with a discount at launch for a limited time. Go ahead and pinch yourself, unlike Bob, sleepwalker, you are not dreaming.

So you may be asking yourself, what is the quirky, gravity-defying, mind-bending puzzle game starring a narcoleptic sleepwalker and a green man-faced dog all about? In Back to Bed, you take on the role of Subob — the dog-like manifestation of sleepwalker Bob’s subconscious — who must guide him through increasingly challenging dream-like puzzle levels with the goal of ushering the sound asleep Bob back to bed. Inspired by surrealist masters, M.C. Escher, Salvador Dali, and René Magritte, it is a filling feast for your eyes and gaming appetite.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg. Back to Bed is so much more than just a unique, fun, and challenging game — it is the product of hard work, determination, and out-of-this-world imagination. Jonas and Klaus from Bedtime Digital Games can attest, creating Back to Bed has been quite a journey from its humble beginnings starting as a college student project to a visually-stunning PlayStation exclusive!

At The Danish Academy for Digital Interactive Entertainment, Bedtime Digital Games presented an idea, one that was outside of the box and blurred the lines between the real and unreal. Jonas and Klaus were determined to blend the old world style of surrealistic art with the current generation gaming technologies to produce a visual masterpiece with hours of engaging gameplay.

Back to BedBack to Bed

After settling on the idea of sleepwalking, they began diligently researching and learning as much as they possibly could about dreams and how people perceive them. With nothing more than a small student group and an idea, the group pressed onward exploring different game mechanics, implementing the Unity Game engine, and experimenting with an art style seldom seen in current generation video games. The result was nothing short of brilliant, awe inspiring, and unique.

Back to Bed will be available on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita very soon and we can’t wait to hear what you think of Bob, the sleepwalker, Subob, the subconscious man-faced dog, as they embark on their greatest adventure.

Add Your Own

paulogy said:

August 5th, 7:06 am

Wow, this looks quite fascinating! In a bit of irony I can imagine myself staying up all night while I play this on Vita in bed. Looking forward to whenever “very soon” is :-)

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 9:15 am

Thanks, Paulogy! We have spent many late nights glued to this game. Hopefully you will too ;)

SaviorMachine said:

August 5th, 7:08 am

This looks fantastic. It’s a simple trick but backwards play does something consistently nightmarish to human voices. I’m in

Oisterboy said:

August 5th, 6:36 pm

Hearing it say “Bob” was so Twin Peaks-ey. Perfect.

tusunami said:

August 5th, 7:11 am

So many interesting concepts on puzzle based games that is why I like indies the best because they always bring originality to there games.

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 10:04 am

Just one of the many reasons why we LOVE Indie Developers. :)

xGhostPunkx said:

August 5th, 7:39 am

This is too close to Monument Valley for my comfort level.

JimmyChaos said:

August 5th, 8:05 am

And Monument Valley was too close to Echo Chrome. Look it up. There is always room for more cerebral games. lol

yentair said:

August 5th, 8:32 am

Monument Valley and Back to Bed were both fun games. There’s plenty of room for both. They each have their own ideas and mechanics, and are totally worth the time. Played and beat them both on my android tablet. Good times.

Y2David said:

August 5th, 8:31 am

Really enjoyed this game at E3 when i played it a bit.. this is a game i be looking forward to, looks like a fun puzzler and very innovative. I only my dreams were like that ;p

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 12:16 pm

Love to hear that and glad that you enjoyed Back to Bed, Y2David! The creativity and unique art style/game mechanics of this game really make it shine!

Popbot said:

August 5th, 8:35 am

will this be cross buy then?

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 8:51 am

Yes! It will be a cross buy for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita!

Mercenary09 said:

August 5th, 9:38 am

Man you guys just came out with Velocibox which I really enjoyed and now this is right around the corner! Good Stuff Loot!

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 10:58 am

Thanks, Mercenary09! Gotta do our best to keep you happy ;) Hope you enjoy Back to Bed as much as Velocibox!

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 5th, 10:15 am

I’m digging that art style, pretty cool. And as a fan of Echochrome (which also had Escher-like environmental puzzles), I think I’ll check this out.

Also, thanks for bringing this to vita, seems like a natural fit!

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 12:14 pm

Of course! We always try to bring great games to Vita. Back to Bed is one of the titles that translates incredibly well to PlayStation. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

Amnalehu said:

August 5th, 11:52 am

Probably the weirdest looking game I have ever seen. I love it!

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 12:13 pm

Isn’t the art style fantastic?! Quirky and whimsical :)

Greta Salmon's Avatar

Greta Salmon said:

August 5th, 12:12 pm

Isn’t the art style fantastic?! Quirky and whimsical :)

MURDEROMEGA said:

August 5th, 1:03 pm

I played this a little on my iPad mini when it was the free app of the week. Icouldn’t get into it cus of the touch controls not being as precise (fat fingers) where you want the dog to go and I thought, this would be a lot better on the Vita with the cross pad…

AncLEoniX said:

August 5th, 4:29 pm

This looks amazing always love puzzle games. Just beat limbo for the first time today such a great game. Can’t wait to play this as well. Was wondering if there was any chance of a bundle to release for this and velocibox? Still haven’t picked it up yet but would love to play both.

Viewtiful_Gene said:

August 5th, 7:40 pm

Nothing new, but it does have nice and remarkable art direction. Hopefully it won’t be as easy as it looks.
Will there be a demo?

FinishJhons said:

August 6th, 2:29 am

I’ve made $76,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time­ student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It­’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it.
Heres what I do…—->> w­w­w.J­ob­sB­ay­2­4.­C­o­­­­m

hinegibuv said:

August 6th, 10:58 am

just as Martha explained I am alarmed that a student able to earn $8185 in one month on the computer
>>>>>>>>>>>>WWW.online-jobs9.COM

plaztiksyke said:

August 6th, 3:57 pm

looks really great.

it’s been interesting to see Loot transform from a Home dev/publisher into an indie publisher across the entire PlayStation family of platforms. I would just ask that PS4 games be given more graphical polish — the Q-bert reboot and a few of the other titles are just unacceptably bland-looking on PS4 and it makes me wait for a sale/Plus promotion. 1080p60 by itself doesn’t cut it on next-gen.

PrimeroIncognito said:

August 6th, 8:38 pm

Well then it’s a good thing that the next-gen is still 8 or so years away.