The Last Guardian

Oct 27

Driveclub Bikes Out Today on PlayStation Store

Jamie Brayshaw's Avatar Posted by on Oct 27, 2015 // Community Development Manager, Evolution Studios

Keeping our superbike obsession a secret has been really hard! Normally we prefer to keep you up to speed with how Driveclub is always evolving around you, but we also like to surprise you every now and again, too. When better to do that than during one of the biggest game shows in the world?

We’ve been pouring our hearts into the ongoing development of Driveclub over the past year and Bikes is a standalone expansion to the Driveclub universe.

We’re massive racing fans at Evolution and we love the challenge and the thrill of superbike racing, but we’ve always wanted to make them more approachable and fun, whilst still retaining the depth of control and authenticity you’d expect from us. With Driveclub Bikes we think we’ve accomplished that, so that everyone can enjoy riding these breath-taking superbikes.

The incredible speed and superb agility of high performance superbikes offers a completely new way to race, and as always with Driveclub, there’s a lot to play for, whether you ride offline or online with your club.

Driveclub Bikes, Image 01Driveclub Bikes, Image 04

• 12 of the world’s best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW, and more.
  • Full Bikes Tour campaign: We’ve designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
  • Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility, and skills with bikes.
  • Personalized events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time, and with near limitless weather conditions.
  • Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel-to-wheel action.
  • Customization: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers, and custom helmets.
  • Clubs: Everything you do in Driveclub Bikes contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customization and challenges.

Driveclub Bikes, Image 06

There’s a lot to play for and there’s even a second Platinum Trophy to chase down, which means that Driveclub now features more Trophies to unlock than any other PlayStation game in history!

We’ll have more news on the upcoming updates next week but in the meantime come ride with us! You can buy Driveclub Bikes starting today from PlayStation Store as a standalone game for $19.99. If you’re already a Driveclub owner, you can add on Driveclub Bikes at a discount for $14.99.

We can’t wait to see your #PS4share Photo Mode pics of Driveclub Bikes!

+ gerneric123 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:01 am said:

You know the console business is in the dumps when DLC gets major stage show time.

+ JROD0823 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:39 am said:

Keep on believing that delusion if you like.

Console gaming is bigger and better now than at any other point in history, and I know this because I’ve been around since the beginning of the home console revolution.

+ PirateDaveZOMG on October 27th, 2015 at 11:56 am said:

From the article:

“Bikes is a standalone expansion to the Driveclub universe. ”

While I might agree in most cases, this is decidedly not simply add-on content.

+ Chip1010 on October 27th, 2015 at 12:56 pm said:

Business is in such bad shape that Sony and Microsoft are both smashing sales records.

+ Septrelo on October 27th, 2015 at 2:21 pm said:

The DLC garbage (for example $50 for Battlefront season pass) is more about greed than desperation.

I’m not sure if that’s trolling and I hope not, but the console business is enormously successful. Look at Destiny’s massive reach. Battlefront is expected to sell at least 10 million copies. The new gen is selling probably faster than the old gen was at the same point. And we’re only just now getting into the big titles like Fallout 4.

Who knows what the future holds and certainly Japan is struggling to maintain consoles but they are certainly strong.

+ zx12r_au on October 28th, 2015 at 4:08 am said:

AU PlayStation Store says I can’t download it because I own DriveClub! Surely I’m the target market FFS..

+ boomstickbhg on October 27th, 2015 at 11:05 am said:

Nice, this looks fun, definitely will pick it up.

So far the only interesting news for PS4 today, press conference has been dull.

+ liquidtweak on October 27th, 2015 at 11:24 am said:

Will there be a demo?

+ megacarlos on October 27th, 2015 at 11:36 am said:

Wish there was a second season pass with this included but deff getting as soon. Store updates

+ MixedUpMoods on October 27th, 2015 at 12:03 pm said:

This is not free..sadly !

+ IsleOfAnt on October 27th, 2015 at 12:06 pm said:

I miss motorstorm… Crazy off road racing would be preferred.

+ Septrelo on October 27th, 2015 at 2:23 pm said:

Exactly. I was hoping for a new MotorStorm. What’s happened to the franchise? That would be a huge seller, good old arcade racing. DriveClub is too punishing with its trials, I want some fun dirt racing.

+ paulogy on October 27th, 2015 at 12:32 pm said:

In real life riding in heavy rain is especially tricky and treacherous so it will be interesting to see how DriveClub’s already intense weather impacts that :-)

+ Valkendorm on October 27th, 2015 at 12:33 pm said:

If I have the disc version of the game, do I still need to buy the standalone version?

+ mistercrow on October 27th, 2015 at 12:41 pm said:

Says that I dont own Driveclub even though I’m trying to access thhe content though the game.

+ WRECKU on October 27th, 2015 at 2:50 pm said:

I own the disc and it’s telling me I don’t own the game. Also it is not in the store.

+ Cordy44 on October 27th, 2015 at 4:38 pm said:

I own the disc and get the same error when trying to buy it through the PS4. I found that you can buy it through the web store without a problem. Paul Rustchynsky posted on twitter that they are working on fixing the store from the PS4 though.

+ mistercrow on October 27th, 2015 at 12:51 pm said:

Also dont see it when I go to PS store directly.

+ antibolo on October 27th, 2015 at 1:07 pm said:

Does this have split-screen multiplayer? This would be a definite sell for me.

+ Cinderkin on October 27th, 2015 at 2:11 pm said:

I don’t think Driveclub has split screen, so I doubt this will include it.

+ Welmosca on October 27th, 2015 at 9:58 pm said:

Yup this is another thing for Evolution to consider.Driveclub is only missing a split-screen option.Damn that would be so sweet.split-screen with A.I of course.

+ ZeldaLovesMe on October 27th, 2015 at 1:14 pm said:

Pretty much a cash grab at least a 50% ps+ discount would have been friendly.

It seems to be just a RESKINNED driveclub with replacing cars for motorcycles, but all on the same tracks.

wheres the easier difficulty and break assistance that made 9 in 10 players quit and delete this game within an hour or so?

+ mistercrow on October 27th, 2015 at 1:28 pm said:

Now its charging me full price because it says I dont own Driveclub which I do.

+ Cinderkin on October 27th, 2015 at 2:10 pm said:

Missed opportunity to name the game “Rideclub”

+ PlayCodeStation on October 27th, 2015 at 2:26 pm said:

The expansion is not available for me through the web site but the standalone version is.

Does the retail disc version of this game not count if you want to get the expansion?

+ Lexangel on October 27th, 2015 at 2:38 pm said:

Same here! I think is very unfair, I bought a copy on disk at launch, I support the game buying the season pass and I am now forced to buy the digital version to get the expansion, or will have to buy the standalone version?

+ PlayCodeStation on October 27th, 2015 at 3:00 pm said:

I bought the season pass as well.

+ madmankevin on October 27th, 2015 at 2:39 pm said:

I’m another huge Driveclub fan that cannot purchase the bikes in game due to owning the Driveclub disc.

Jamie, you haven’t responded to anyone yet, but could you please give us some info here?

+ Surreal on October 27th, 2015 at 3:51 pm said:

I too own the disc game and not able to purchase the “discounted” add-on version of this DLC. Getting the same error: “You do not own Driveclub”

I hope this gets fixed soon. I just bought the season pass thinking Bikes was included… you got me good there -_-

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 27th, 2015 at 3:06 pm said:

Cool, I wasn’t expecting this, but I’d be down for some bike action.

Now all we need are some ATVs, rally cars, trophy trucks, big rigs, monster trucks, and off road tracks and we’ll be set :p

+ Welmosca on October 27th, 2015 at 9:56 pm said:

Damn right…I agree 100%.Come on Sony/Evolution we need that Motorstorm 4.

+ Rangertwi1208 on October 27th, 2015 at 4:20 pm said:

Nice. Although it would be super awesome if Driveclub gets a MotorStorm dlc. Really miss that good ol’ franchise.

+ Surreal on October 27th, 2015 at 8:48 pm said:

I’ve found a workaround for anyone who’s having trouble buying just the expansion (not standalone).. Log into and navigate to new PS4 add-ons and you can buy it there for $14.99 USD.

+ PlayCodeStation on October 28th, 2015 at 12:28 pm said:

This is what I had done before and it was unavailable for me. Looks like they made a change, because it is available now.

+ Welmosca on October 27th, 2015 at 9:54 pm said:

This got me completely by surprise so good job in keeping this a secret.A nice surprise but is it?…not sure if it was a good idea adding bikes to Driveclub and now that I know it ain’t free for season pass owners,this is a bit of a letdown like it cut the excitement in half if you know what I mean….now don’t get me wrong I know you guys delivered some insane content for us season pass owners but I thought you would continue to give us a real nice treat.
Anyway I’ll be checking the Bikes in the future but not now,still gotta finish the other DLCs…and still think Bikes don’t belong in Driveclub.

“Driveclub now features more Trophies to unlock than any other PlayStation game in history!”

I knew you guys were aiming for that.

+ PanTheMan16 on October 28th, 2015 at 1:41 am said:

I haven’t played Driveclub in a LONG time, but Bikes was an immediate purchase for me. Good job on making such an awesome expansion!

+ DTrain529 on October 28th, 2015 at 3:14 am said:

Does having the PS Plus edition count as having the game? I don’t want to buy the expansion just to find out that I need to but the rest of the game.

+ PanTheMan16 on October 28th, 2015 at 4:45 am said:

It’s a standalone expansion. You don’t have to own the full game or the PS+ edition to download and play this. Owning the full game just entitles you to a $5 discount.

+ Mantukas999 on November 24th, 2015 at 7:57 am said: