God of War

Oct 27

21902780203_773f8e9746_z

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Coming to PS4 in 2016

Penrose Tackie's Avatar Posted by on Oct 27, 2015 // European Brand Manager

Racing fans, brace yourselves — this evening at the Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference, Kazunori Yamauchi, along with SCEE CEO & President Jim Ryan, unveiled on stage the latest Gran Turismo iteration: Gran Turismo Sport, coming to PS4 in 2016.

GT-Sport-Logo-Gold

On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics, and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

FIA Gran Turismo Championships

In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two FIA online championships running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.

Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.

The winner of the championship will be awarded at the FIA prize giving ceremony, alongside real life motorsports champions. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognized as part of the real motoring world.

151023_GTS_h

FIA Partnership

Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.

52 Comments

+ boomstickbhg on October 27th, 2015 at 11:30 am said:

So… is this instead of GT7? GT7 with a new name? Just some lame new version that’s corporate bed-buddies with FIA?

Will there ever be a normal offline GT game on the PS4, or should we just start saving up for the Xbox One and Forza?

+ KazeEternal on October 27th, 2015 at 11:48 am said:

I think you should save up for a copy of Super Sprint and call it a day. This is GT7, its the evolution of GT. I’m sure it’ll have all the fun filled modes that GT is known for and is giving you something Forza does not, VR support which could very well change the racing experience on consoles forever.

This may even take on an update model that makes more sense than your average numbered release nonsense. Forza is pretty close to being pretty yearly with the frequency they push them out the door. I haven’t purchased the latest one.

Just wait for some news. There is plenty to be excited about here.

+ Septrelo on October 27th, 2015 at 2:16 pm said:

You can always try the new Need for Speed. At least in theory it’s going to be a reboot. EA is terrible but hey as long as you don’t have to spend $350 just for Forza + Kinectimals.

+ SpicyFandango on October 27th, 2015 at 9:45 pm said:

“But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.”

+ SHEN_GT7L on October 27th, 2015 at 11:57 pm said:

This is Gran Turismo, on PS4, with VR. Why does the name matter? What an idiotic and pedantic question.

+ NickDudesville on October 28th, 2015 at 3:46 pm said:

Yeah, more info with an announcement like this would go a long way towards eliminating confusion and hostility. …then again we wouldn’t talk about it as much. Those clever PR people fooled us again!

+ Sarges24 on November 1st, 2015 at 4:01 pm said:

+ eye2thebeholder on November 6th, 2015 at 11:33 am said:

i DONT THINK THIS IS GT7…Its a Secondary Title Until Gt7 Comes out

+ gerneric123 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:34 am said:

Port Gran Turismo 4 to Vita pls.

+ JROD0823 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:36 am said:

All PS4 games are playable on the Vita.

+ cano74 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:42 am said:

I’m sure he means having a proper GT that you can play on the go, not just in a building with good wi-fi. Aside from the mediocre PSP game.

+ gerneric123 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

Remote Play is horrible and not a substitute for native play.

+ Septrelo on October 27th, 2015 at 2:14 pm said:

Sony are not developing any more first-party Vita games. Polyphony is internal so there is basically zero chance of that happening.

+ JROD0823 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:35 am said:

Video?

Shout out to Colin & Greg Live! Oi Oi, cheeky! ;)

+ cano74 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:40 am said:

I’m confused. Is this the next game in the series (making it GT7) and Polyphony just dropped the number from the title, or is it some kind of online only MP game that’s more of a spin-off than a full next iteration?

+ gerneric123 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:45 am said:

Probably Gran Turismo 7 Prologue in disguise so Sony doesn’t catch flack for selling a paid demo again.

+ bemani2 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:45 am said:

Sounds like some beta for the netcode on PS4.

+ D4V1D7-- on October 27th, 2015 at 11:53 am said:

Super excited! Open Beta I hope!!

+ boomstickbhg on October 27th, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

VR racing? no thanks I hope GT can avoid going down that route.

GT doesn’t need an evolution, fans just want GT7.

+ zekececil14 on October 27th, 2015 at 2:33 pm said:

As an option?

Yes. You’d have to be stupid to not realize the potential.

+ enomad on October 30th, 2015 at 9:01 am said:

Okay everybody, dont jump on this guy to hard and fast, we must remember he just woke up from the 90’s.
    Let him get familiar with the internet, texting, twitter and IG first before he realizes what VR means to gaming! he’ll catch up!

+ BadFlounder on October 27th, 2015 at 12:31 pm said:

Relax people. GT7 is still coming; though probably not until 2017.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 27th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

@7 this is GT 7 lol guys.

+ mastorofpuppetz on October 27th, 2015 at 1:04 pm said:

@1 this is GT 7……what is so difficult? They are just emphasizing their FIA partnership, it will still have all we expect from a GT game.

+ chavez1138 on October 27th, 2015 at 1:57 pm said:

Give me support for my Logitech wheel and I’m in.

+ Skater_Ricky on October 27th, 2015 at 2:40 pm said:

You might want to mention which one you own silly.

+ Septrelo on October 27th, 2015 at 2:13 pm said:

I’m confused about the “sport” moniker. Does that mean it’s more arcade style? Or is it just a reference to the tournament features?

I would buy a GT game if they had looser controls that were less punishing on turns. Not another humorless simulator.

+ zekececil14 on October 27th, 2015 at 2:34 pm said:

“The Real Driving Simulator”

+ madmonkey01 on October 28th, 2015 at 2:36 am said:

it will probably be the most accurate sim to date, hence the links with the FIA

+ froudeybrand on October 27th, 2015 at 2:34 pm said:

Had a many discussion about ‪‎Gran Turismo7‬ / Gran Turismo ‎Sport‬ unless they put everything in from the start, take notes from previous games and the decline in sales from ‪GT6‬ this game will suck. It will kill the ‎Gran Turismo‬ franchise.

This game better have things from the start, like a livery editor, a real track maker / editor, non-standard cars and some Australian cars.

+ Skater_Ricky on October 27th, 2015 at 2:38 pm said:

What was the reason behind the name change from Gran Turismo 7 to Gran Turismo Sport?

+ Matrix_Lion on October 27th, 2015 at 3:59 pm said:

Penrose Tackie make the cover art look just look the second photo. Can you put that photo on the icon for those of us who download our games?

+ melmat19 on October 27th, 2015 at 6:00 pm said:

Is this game going to be fully global, or just the main countries of the world? Im still bummed from not being able to participate in GT Academy because of where i live. sigh.

+ herbalsticky on October 27th, 2015 at 6:13 pm said:

THIS IS ANOTHER PROLOGUE. SMFH.

+ Bushido-Rises on October 28th, 2015 at 2:38 am said:

Lol… I hope not

+ ajprice on October 27th, 2015 at 11:28 pm said:

It doesn’t even sound as big as Prologue was, more like the GT Academy demo online tournament. But as a beta, and still half a year away.

+ Welmosca on October 28th, 2015 at 12:55 am said:

Saw the trailer,looking good.Now I’m eager to see if this GT can top Driveclub in graphics and details…GT is the only racing game that can do that.

+ PanTheMan16 on October 28th, 2015 at 1:28 am said:

I believe it will. :)

+ Bushido-Rises on October 28th, 2015 at 2:37 am said:

Sounds good! But what steering wheels/brands are currently supported for PS4? Are the Logitech wheels still compatible? I haven’t played racers in a very long time.

+ melmat19 on October 28th, 2015 at 6:20 am said:

The G27 and G25 are not supported on PS4. Which is a HUGE bummer.
    But our good good friends over at Logitech have decided to produce a G29 which is PS4 compatible and is practically the same as the others, instead of making the G27 compatible. So now you have to pay another $360 PLUS another $60 to use a H Pad.

+ KMA0007 on October 28th, 2015 at 4:54 am said:

We haven’t had a descent career mode since GT4. screw online. i haven’t had one good race online and have given up trying. as long as i get a career mode as long (preferably longer) as GT4’s, and less linear than 5 and 6 i’m happy.

PD needs to start listening to it’s customers. all these partnerships don’t mean a thing if they can’t get them right from the start!

Lastly…GIVE US PORSCHE! and more authentic C-Class cars, and more of them!

+ StingrayX on October 28th, 2015 at 8:15 am said:

When I saw the Polyphony logo I freaked out, but then I saw GT Sport I was a bit confused. I hope this means they are fully concentrating on GT7. =D.

+ FearMonkey on October 28th, 2015 at 8:24 am said:

I will be perfectly honest here. I will get this game probably. But I don’t think I’m going to play it much. I am a single-player gamer primarily. I like the old Gran Turismos where the progression was tied to your license because it forced me to become better at the game in order to progress, unlock new cards, etc. It was in those games that I felt a sense of accomplishment.

Games that are focused on multiplayer do not do this. They have a completely different progression system that doesn’t really require me to be good at the “game”. It requires me to be better than other people. And frankly, since I am not a die-hard in these games, that doesn’t happen. So my progression is stunted and I enjoy myself way less.

I’m looking forward more to GT7 whenever that is announced.

+ FearMonkey on October 28th, 2015 at 8:26 am said:

lol give us an edit button please. ‘cards’ should be ‘cars’. :p

+ death_nation100 on October 28th, 2015 at 10:38 am said:

I got a PS4 on December 2013 so this is actually going to be my 1st racing . I love GT series

+ donnesmarcus on October 29th, 2015 at 1:53 am said:

I love playing gran turismo for my life but cant wait for the next game on Ps4, Finally i can play this on ps4 :D

+ kcatriel on October 29th, 2015 at 4:08 am said:

I bought a PS4 a year ago just for this game. But didn’t launch still. Hope I can get Beta code. Please, Sony, hurry up! We are waiting for too long

+ Deano198686 on October 29th, 2015 at 12:36 pm said:

Will this game feature v8 supercars like forza 6 does on the xbox one? If it doesn’t you won’t be getting my money

+ EmperorKorea on October 30th, 2015 at 9:57 am said:

The picture looks like the dude is ready to be in a Mortal Kombat game.

+ ojeezy316 on October 31st, 2015 at 8:29 pm said:

Looks more like a spacesuit to me