PlayStation Vue

Oct 27

Until Dawn Rush of Blood, Image 03

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood Coming to PlayStation VR

Simon Harris's Avatar Posted by on Oct 27, 2015 // Executive Producer, Supermassive Games

Hi there, my name is Simon Harris and I’m an Executive Producer over at Supermassive Games. Today, we’re delighted to unveil Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, developed exclusively for PlayStation VR on PS4.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is a descent into madness, taking you on a terrifying rollercoaster ride of thrills and scares in a fast-paced, arcade-style shooter.

We’re incredibly excited to be developing for PlayStation VR as this allows us to bring games to PS4 with a level of immersion and involvement never before experienced by players.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood

When we first started working on Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, we were still in the middle of development on Until Dawn, but it was clear to us that the world and characters we were creating would be perfect to expand into new experiences. As we established compelling gameplay for VR, we were able to combine that with a journey through many familiar aspects of Blackwood Pines, but from a horrifying new perspective!

Until Dawn Rush of Blood

Playing Until Dawn: Rush of Blood in VR is incredibly different to playing games of a similar genre in the traditional method of sitting in front of a TV screen, so we’re looking forward to seeing how players react!

Prepare for Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, the (Last?) ride of your life!

14 Comments

+ XtremeGuardian on October 27th, 2015 at 11:14 am said:

This has me super excited. Will need to invest in PSVR

+ JmsNmnn on October 27th, 2015 at 11:28 am said:

Amazing! Until Dawn was an unexpected favorite this year and I can’t believe there is more already! Great work! Can’t wait

+ StormxNights on October 27th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

Super excited for this to come out.

+ DarkTemplar3 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:49 am said:

I REALLY REALLY want to be excited about the PSVR but Sony’s track record on stuff like this is just so bad. You support Taco Bell more than your own products! 3D TV = abandoned, VITA support = discontinued, any support for the PSTV = nonexistent. This makes it very hard to bite on this, at least at first. Looks very promising though and hope it’s cool, supported and reasonably priced!

+ GoPens35 on October 27th, 2015 at 12:01 pm said:

I have the same feeling if Sony announces anything Uncharted related we can write VR off now.

+ Xcaligamer1 on October 27th, 2015 at 11:58 am said:

Love it!

+ paulogy on October 27th, 2015 at 12:29 pm said:

Looks like a very different mood, perspective, and gameplay than Until Dawn, despite the common use of the assets. But for a proper VR game it seems this is what you have to do: create a game designed for VR as opposed to enable the existing game to support it. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

+ KidGreengene on October 27th, 2015 at 1:37 pm said:

This was my biggest surprise of the conference… yet also my biggest fear (no pun intended). Until Dawn was pretty special and I guess I am worried this is simply a on-rails game with a Until Dawn skin and stamp. I feel Until Dawn has legs as a franchise and I really hope this is a thought out game and not a “Get a known title on VR” move. Still, Supermassive has earned some trust here.

+ Kid_Loser on October 27th, 2015 at 1:42 pm said:

I’m quite sad this is an on-rails shooter. It lowered my expectations a lot now, so perhaps that’s a good thing, because now I won’t be disappointed.

+ Nightwing0613 on October 27th, 2015 at 5:29 pm said:

I wish they would make DLC for this game. I would prefer this over this VR thing

+ Darth_Spartan on October 28th, 2015 at 10:57 am said:

I would prefer a new game instead of DLC for the existing game, I hope this is a entertaining VR game and they go onto making another fun horror game, since Until Dawn was amazing and can’t wait to see what great game comes next from this amazing studio.

+ wwJIsaacCdo on October 27th, 2015 at 6:35 pm said:

I hope you can get out of the mine cart and walk around. Pick up Totems and stuff. Looking forward to it.

+ Kchow23 on October 28th, 2015 at 12:11 am said:

Until Dawn was amazing, why are you ruining the brand this?

+ Kchow23 on October 28th, 2015 at 12:12 am said: