PlayStation VR

May 28

May 28

NEW PS3 Greatest Hits

Knguyen's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Summer’s almost here and you know what that means – longer days and more time to spend with your favorite PS3 titles! We’re giving you even more reason to sit back, relax and kick it with your PS3.

Once again, we are re-releasing some of our top PLAYSTATION 3 titles as “Greatest Hits.” Like the first set of Greatest Hits, these titles represent the best of the best at an incredible value. Starting June 16, you can now get these blockbuster titles for only $29.99.

Check out the list of Greatest Hits:

RCFuture - PS3 Greatest Hits MGS4 - PS3 Greatest Hits

GT5 - PS3 Greatest Hits Devil May Cry 4 - PS3 Greatest Hits

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

DonnyG said:

May 28th, 9:39 am

I think I’ll pick up R&C FToD again. I was dumb and traded it in.

mywhitenoise said:

May 28th, 9:40 am

GT5:P should be $20, a $10 drop from an already overprice game isnt that great.

And Uncharted should be on there.

Fingofongo said:

May 28th, 9:42 am

I agree with everyone else…I don’t want to pay 60 bucks for Uncharted! It has almost been two years

WiZeGuY said:

May 28th, 9:44 am

Fantastic! Gonna pick up Ratchet… :-D

KingBroly said:

May 28th, 9:45 am

Where are Uncharted and Heavenly Sword? Come on, already. Make them cheap and I’ll buy Heavenly Sword (I already have Uncharted)

GibbShift said:

May 28th, 9:50 am

Great list (MGS4 being on the list makes me think you guys are going for a sales boost with a trophy patch announcment), but there’s a distinct lack of Uncharted there. I already own the game, but a GH price tag will mean the rest of the world can too. Oh, and Heavenly Sword and LAIR should be up there too, cuz I can’t in all good consciousness purchase both of those titles at full price.

jazzyrider said:

May 28th, 9:52 am

Cool – so June 16th I’m headed to the store to pickup R&C and maybe DMC4!

Like others here– just wish Uncharted was on that list too! :-(

StalkingSilence said:

May 28th, 10:01 am

“PS3’s Greatest Hits that on an unrelated note all don’t have trophies”

poisonedsodapop said:

May 28th, 10:02 am

Yeah where is Uncharted? That is ridiculous! Game is still at full price and obviously SHOULD be a greatest hits title. I’m still waiting to play it. That and Heavenly Sword but I’m not paying full price for a 7 hour game.

poisonedsodapop said:

May 28th, 10:03 am

@108 Trophies? MGS4 doesn’t need trophies. It’s fine on it’s own. The rest I’ve never played so I won’t judge.

emanpunk said:

May 28th, 10:10 am

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but Army Of Two, Battlefield: Bad Company, and Devil May Cry 4 have been $19.99 at either Target of Best Buy for a long time now.

Jon_Mclane said:

May 28th, 10:11 am

I hope you guys don’t raise the price of devil may cry 4, bad company, and army of two which can be found for $20 most places, and I don’t see why you guys didn’t include Heavenly Sword and Uncharted

Syndicate3 said:

May 28th, 10:13 am

SpeciesOne said:

May 28th, 10:13 am

I hate the red/white gradient behind the GREATEST HITS logo. There is no contrast and it almost blends in. I know entire thing was supposed to be minimal but it doesn’t mean it has to be ugly. This just doesn’t look as sleek as rest of the PS branding on game boxes and other products. It looks very amateurish. Even European GREATEST HITS boxes look better and they are ugly.

…and yeah, where is Uncharted and Heavenly Sword?

SpyDudeFX said:

May 28th, 10:14 am

Very cool, although I have them all. Great price for those waiting, especially on RC. $30 is a good, get it and be ready for RC2 A Crack in Time.

singhjeet29 said:

May 28th, 10:19 am

I’m sorry but where the F is Uncharted and Heavenly Sword? I personally know 4 people waiting for Uncharted to hit 30 and 6 for Heavenly Sword to hit 30. Minus the thousands of people’s wishes I read on the interenet. Seriously why not drop those games, especially when Uncharted sequel is on the horizon? and its already a Greatest Hits in other regions? Come on SCEA. Thats just FAIL!

almighty-slayer said:

May 28th, 10:31 am

Wow i think all of these have been Platinum in Europe for a year…

almighty-slayer said:

May 28th, 10:31 am

Apart from MGS obviously…

GadoPnk said:

May 28th, 10:38 am

Some really good games in that list. I think I’ll be picking up MGS4 and TOD. And I have to agree, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are very much wanted as GH.

IceColdEskimo said:

May 28th, 10:42 am

It would be sweet if you guys added Trophy support to the greatest hits that didnt have them. It would give me a reason to re-buy a game or two

mclaren777 said:

May 28th, 10:52 am

Battlefield: Bad Company is my favorite game of this generation so I think this news is really cool.

Ghost_Shrimp said:

May 28th, 11:04 am

I can’t believe Uncharted isn’t a greatest hit yet. I really need to buy it before Uncharted 2 comes but it is still like $55 bucks!

SteveO1683 said:

May 28th, 11:08 am

I already own 4 out of 6 of those. I bet you can guess which ones!

recon_unleashed said:

May 28th, 11:11 am

why isnt haze on this list? its good enough to be a gh

HeavyD-Love said:

May 28th, 11:19 am

Gran Turismo prologe is a freakin demo. A DEMO people! This game should have debuted at $19.99 and $29.99 is STILL too much for this DEMO in my opinion.

Kudos for MGS4 and DMC4. Trophies for MGS4? Sony, you’re pretty dumb if you DON’T have any plans for MGS4 trophy patch. Worst case scenario? DLC = $$$

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

May 28th, 11:25 am

Where is Hot Shots Golf 5? Uncharted? Heavenly Sword? What the heck

sam_i_jam said:

May 28th, 11:25 am

Uncharted is not on this list?

Perhaps you’re holding off until E3 for that one?

You definitely want to bring it over to Greatest Hits prior to the sequel hitting.

I mean 3+ million in sales for an original IP is not too shabby.

SmokinPenguin said:

May 28th, 11:47 am

Wheres UNCHARTED?????!!!!!!

Thats crazy not to have it on that list!

Thrasher20 said:

May 28th, 11:51 am

Awesome!!!! Keep the greatest hits coming!

phinnv8 said:

May 28th, 11:54 am

Wish we could get trophies for Metal Gear Solid 4 :(

Also surprised Uncharted hasn’t made this list yet…

Glad to hear it though!

phinnv8 said:

May 28th, 11:55 am

Bad Company is my favorite game of this generation too (in terms of online multiplayer that is). It’s an AWESOME game online, and a lot of places actually sell it for $20 already. Can’t wait for BC2.

Viprdude said:

May 28th, 11:56 am

Thats it? Pretty weak selection….

GODZ_PIZZAMAN said:

May 28th, 12:16 pm

the reason for uncharted not being on the list is because they only make money off uncharted. EA has a number of games so that counts for Army of Two and B:BC, Capcom has RE5 and SFIV selling for them so there goes DMC4 and Insomniac has R2 which means they dont need R&C anymore to make them money. I figure once Uncharted 2 is out you’ll see the original on the greatest hits line…..But doesnt the MGS4 one surprise you!? Like maybe this is a sign that indeed the teasers are true and that there is another MGS coming for PS3 by the end of this year or next year :)

DeathTrooper13 said:

May 28th, 12:42 pm

MGS4. awesome this game is great. but idk if i should get the greatest hits or not? i always like to have the original box, especialy with a game like this. are they still gonna sell the normal version in the original box at this price?

waffman11 said:

May 28th, 12:46 pm

Dang. I already have Battlefield: Bad Company and R&CF:ToD, but great to see some service going out to those games. (I thought ToD would be in the first wave of greatest hits, nearly all of the other R&C’s are.)

TheThrax said:

May 28th, 1:02 pm

Great list, thanks Sony! But I must agree, how come no Uncharted on the list?

Dinjooh said:

May 28th, 1:07 pm

@ 114 SpeciesOne:

You honestly believe the european platinum looks better?

Full gray non transparent box with yellow on the top and on the PLAYSTATION 3 side thing..

Myke-Myke said:

May 28th, 1:09 pm

You’re forgetting Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Folklore.

zombiefriend said:

May 28th, 1:09 pm

lol, Uncharted isn’t a greatest hit yet? that’s rly weird. this is all good news though as i have still not beaten ToD or DMC4. ; )

BigPoppaB said:

May 28th, 1:11 pm

lol… this is actually a raise in price for BF:BC, DMC4, Army of 2 as theyre already $20-25 now.

Fail.

No Uncharted? Fail again

TwinDad said:

May 28th, 1:12 pm

@99 mac951

Yes. Great clearance, however it is over, they shipped most of the unsold games to a liquidator.

TRIX_BOL said:

May 28th, 1:22 pm

How come Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune not on the *Greatest Hits*?

Uncharted has sold a lot of copies and PS3 units, there should be a reason.

phinnv8 said:

May 28th, 1:36 pm

@TakiFuGu Who needs BC? Well it’s a better online FPS than all of those games put together. Trust me, it is. : )

phinnv8 said:

May 28th, 1:37 pm

@Sony Bringing trophies to a masterpiece like Metal Gear Solid 4 would be amazing, hint hint hint ;-)

Almost as good as bringing Cross Game Voice Chat to the whole system, hint hint ;-) That would be one of the best E3 announcements if you could do that :P

MatheAdi said:

May 28th, 1:40 pm

Please add Uncharted!!
But after summer, you can add Motorstorm 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and COD4?

Any news on Gran Turismo 5???

IronChefWong said:

May 28th, 1:44 pm

Sweet, though of those, I’d only buy Ratchet n Clank. I’ve got MGS4 and the rest…no thanks.

Gamer_Matt27 said:

May 28th, 1:44 pm

NO FREAKIN’ WAY! This is amazing. Now I can finally pick up R&C!!

ADR143 said:

May 28th, 2:35 pm

i think uncharted and heavenly sword is been greatest hit!

man MGS4 4 29.99 is good price

MrBeatdown said:

May 28th, 2:37 pm

What’s up with Heavenly Sword? It’s been almost two years now and it is still full price. It seems like it should have either been added to this list or at least recieved a price drop. $60 is far too much for a game that old.

DustyBlue said:

May 28th, 2:43 pm

@2 and 3: AGREED.

There’s a lot of titles that need to be added, such as (especially) Uncharted and Heavenly Sword. Maybe even LittleBigPlanet, Dead Space, Disgaea 3, Resistance 2, (seriously, still?) Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, and The Orange Box. Some of those were pretty recent, but come on! They are already great enough to be considered Greatest Hits, and they have got lots of sales too.