Farpoint

Mar 08

Mar 08

God of War III Path To Olympus Experience Launches on GodofWar.com

Malcolm Berman's Avatar Posted by God of War Community Manager

Hey God of War fans. We are excited to unveil Path to Olympus today, a new exclusive feature on GodofWar.com.

God of War Path to Olympus

So what is it?
In short, it’s a primer to get you prepared for March 16 when Kratos will storm retailers. Kratos has come a long way since his days as Captain of the Spartan Army, and the Path to Olympus episodes will take you through some of his most prolific and darkest moments, while providing the back story leading up the beginning of God of War III.

Who is it for?
This feature is for you if:

• You are a new player and want to learn what all this Kratos mania is about.
  • You’re a gamer who has played the God of War games but are scratching your head trying to remember who Kratos killed, who has killed Kratos and everything in between.
  • And lastly, if you’re a hardcore fan that wants to experience, once again, some of Kratos’ most exciting and brutal moments before plunging into God of War III.

What to expect
We will be releasing new content leading up to launch that will quickly get you up to speed on the story, preparing you to take control of Kratos as he catapults towards his destiny in God of War III.

Take a look at some of the video content from the first chapter:

Click to begin!

One last thing to share. Many of the God of War developers are now on the GodofWar.com forums answering questions. Head on over to the community section of God of War and hear what they have been saying.

Add Your Own

mrdeadhead said:

March 8th, 8:39 pm

Stop with temptation! just release the game!
this is going to be a long week.
i wanna do some titan rodeo already

spunnups said:

March 8th, 8:40 pm

Everything about God of War just screams epic. BTW, that was the intro to where it all began….

UNCyrus said:

March 8th, 8:41 pm

Can’t wait to get my hands on this game

Malcolm Berman's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 9th, 11:33 am

Are you coming to our community event tomorrow? No better way to get your hands on it!

mendezgato said:

March 8th, 8:47 pm

ha that’s the beginning of this hole mess, the memories, I’m taking my vacation that week even if my wife disagrees with my decision, because that week is kratos week

xBlackBloodx said:

March 8th, 8:55 pm

Are you guys still going to be doing a video of the Ultimate Edition Unboxing?

Also, Although there’s only a week left, are there going to be anymore LE GoW III PS3’s for sale?

If you don’t want to answer the second question please answer the first one about the video! Please!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

March 8th, 9:01 pm

IN THE END THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS!..BEST LINE EVER! GAME ALREADY PAID FOR IN FULL..CANT WAIT TO GET MY DIRTY HANDS ON IT..AND SMASH AND BASH EVERYTHING IN OUR WAY-FOR THOSE WHO DIDINT KNOW..KRATOS AND I ARE BFF’S :P

eddieMX07 said:

March 8th, 9:06 pm

This is good feature. This past weekend I turned on my PS2 (yes i still own it) to watch the story again. It kind of played out like a movie. I actually should have been trying to beat the titan mode but I get though it eventually. And I really liked the opening video for God of war 1. That is what really out be into this series.

P.S. Don’t forget to include videos from Chains of Olympus that happened before GOW1…

eddieMX07 said:

March 8th, 9:12 pm

Also when can we expect to see GOW3 commericals? I hope they start this week. The Gamestop commercial that started last doesn’t count since they just want us to preorder this with them. I think the official commercials should have started last week like Bioshock 2 commercials which started several weeks before release.

chilango331 said:

March 8th, 9:31 pm

ya kiero jugarlo thanks sony

Kchow23 said:

March 8th, 10:06 pm

I WILL WASH AWAY THE PAST…. WITH THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS cannot wait for this game to release it’s going to be LEGENDARY

Thrasher20 said:

March 8th, 10:21 pm

Is Kratos sad?

youngmoby24 said:

March 8th, 10:26 pm

man wtf everytym i go to tha PS blog tha fukkn thing aint supported!
why would PS do that
i dont own uh dam computer!!!

Jeigh said:

March 8th, 10:54 pm

End. Chaos. Etcetera.

Get on with the unleashing of all Olympus (time for all Olympus to break loose).

acerazer1 said:

March 8th, 11:31 pm

I have to say that releasing GOW collection was a great idea, really gets you up to speed if (for some reason) you missed the first two games. Classics.

acerazer1 said:

March 8th, 11:33 pm

how do you not own a computer, you can get a decent desktop (at least one that you can do basic things on) for like $300 now

TrueFFVIIFan said:

March 8th, 11:58 pm

Where is SUBTITLE embedded into this video??? Can you please do them all in your next (all) episodes leading up to its initial release day? Thanx.

KazeEternal said:

March 9th, 12:06 am

Sooooooooooooooooo God of War COO2 when can we expect it lol. When will SCE WWS finally setup some development teams focused on the PSP so we can see epic titles like this on a PSP as well.

Anyway this is all excellent and I can’t wait to play god of war 3 on my PS3… just hope I’m done with FFXIII by then.

ZhePrime said:

March 9th, 3:02 am

Something that’s REALLY annoying is that if you’re from EU you can’t browse the US site, for videos or downloads etc.

Why not simply allow it? Especially when the EU site is so lacking in content.

footballrule said:

March 9th, 4:43 am

Let’s get some God Of War 3 avatars in the PSN store. I want more than just Kratos’s head.

zombie_56 said:

March 9th, 5:19 am

can we get the god of war 3 trophies list on the blog this week?

TRIX_BOL said:

March 9th, 6:08 am

@footballrule

I agree with you on that, we should have had more God of War avatars by now. Cool ones indeed.

Frejim said:

March 9th, 6:11 am

Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait

…..

…..

…..

Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait

lostinplainsight said:

March 9th, 6:15 am

if you’re new to the series buy the god of war collection and get up to speed you still have a week.
if you’ve been with the series since the beginning buy the god of war collection and refresh your memory you still have a week.

this has been a public service announcement we now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging

Azure_FZ said:

March 9th, 6:55 am

Ah finished the Collection and the demo. To say kratos is cool is an understatement, he defines bad***. I cannot wait for this game to come out.

poweredbyzen said:

March 9th, 6:57 am

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE SKINS ARE FOR?! EXTRA SPEED? EXTRA STRENGTH? OR JUST A BETTER TAN WITH THE DOMINUS SKIN? I’M HITTING THE FORUMS.

RandomEarthling said:

March 9th, 7:04 am

I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it. One more week!

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

March 9th, 7:04 am

Just for a better tan… lol.

I can’t wait for this game!

GOW3 GOTY 2010!

mafecto said:

March 9th, 7:44 am

You guys are getting awesome reviews so far! Nice work.

GettoYout said:

March 9th, 8:30 am

PLease Please!!! Guys do market this bad-ass game! I know it’s a huge franchise, but it still needs marketing. I want to see the GOW ads everywhere. If M$ had this, even the suckling would know about it. Please Advertise!!! SONY u hearing me????

scorpio182 said:

March 9th, 8:43 am

GOD OF WAR my all time favorite game!!!!

I picked up the GOW collection and I’m currently plaing GOW2. I played GOW1 years ago when it came out and never finihsed GOW2 fully. Now I am just in time for GOW3 and what a game!!!1 It’s been great going from GOW1 right to GOW2 moves are all fresh in my mind and story.

I can’t wait for GOW3 and great idea with the re-telling of the storys big moments.

I would agree with others ADVERTISE it everywhere!!!!

station3fever said:

March 9th, 8:51 am

thanks people. i needed a ram refresher :) i think my first play through i will be nice but, my second play through i will destroy all in my path. (playstation3ForEver)

igorsport09 said:

March 9th, 9:21 am

The Uk version has portuguese?

remanutd5 said:

March 9th, 9:22 am

i would really like an interview with the whole God of War 3 cast you know ? specially with the voice behind Kratos character

Huuuze said:

March 9th, 9:54 am

Neat feature, but I have no idea why the story is incomplete. It ends prematurely…I’m not even sure why the PS3 Blog is promoting an unfinished product.

Malcolm Berman's Avatar

Malcolm Berman said:

March 9th, 10:52 am

Hey Huuze, there is more story to come. We will be releasing episodes over the coming days leading up to launch on Godofwar.com

that-acmilan-guy said:

March 9th, 10:17 am

Looking forward to it, hope it comes to the psn store.

that-acmilan-guy said:

March 9th, 10:27 am

Its from GOW 1?

Platinum_Parker said:

March 9th, 10:28 am

I can’t wait for this game! I am picking up this bad boy

Platinum_Parker said:

March 9th, 10:31 am

I am picking up this bad boy at midnite Monday and I am hosting a God Of War Launch party! I can’t wait!

DVD_Sandwich said:

March 9th, 10:32 am

I wish it would be in chronological order and maybe start with the battle against the barbarians, like IGN’s God of War recap did.

Malcolm Berman's Avatar

Malcolm Berman said:

March 9th, 10:57 am

Good catch, although this is taken from the beginning of God of War I, it does in fact take place later in the game. If you head to http://www.godofwar.com/pathtoolympus/index.htm you can check out the first 3 chapters and will see that Path To Olympus does actually tell Kratos’s story in the right order.

Dragonzblaze said:

March 9th, 11:06 am

next week there will only b chaos in the ps3 nation

Spyroluver88 said:

March 9th, 11:18 am

For some reason when I sign onto the GOW site the only thing I ever find is a huge (but beautiful) picture which I would like to see all of without scrolling back and forth, up and down. At the very bottom are links to other GOW sites for GOW, GOW II and GOW:CoO. I cannot do anything else on the site. Am I missing something?

Malcolm Berman's Avatar

Malcolm Berman said:

March 9th, 11:28 am

It may be a browser issue. Have you tried using Chrome, Firefox or installing the latest version of IE?

Kurenai_Oni said:

March 9th, 11:19 am

Getting my hands on it tomorrow morning! Can’t wait to play this EPIC game

eddieMX07 said:

March 9th, 12:22 pm

hey why does it say there’s 3 replies when there’s actually 4. Does chris reply not count? Aslo waiting for the official GOW commercial heard it would be revealed today…

snaggdadon said:

March 9th, 1:53 pm

my b-day is this week friday i dont want anything but GOW3

cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanethemane93 said:

March 9th, 4:29 pm

It’s been a while that I played the first two games so its nice to get re-educated on the story of Kratos. Can’t wait to play GOW 3, it’s going to be f**king amazing. Congrats Sony and Santa Monica!

LordHades74 said:

March 12th, 12:01 pm

I’d love to speak with the developers but I’ve been perma banned due to an alleged NDA violation that has yet to be proven.

guti_dz said:

March 13th, 8:24 pm

can’t wait to receive my copy..cant wait!!thanks to San Monica!!!