God of War

Mar 22

Mar 22

BUZZ! Quiz World Delivers PS3’s First In-Game Facebook Publishing Features

Jenny Barbour's Avatar Posted by Associate Producer

Hi there, BUZZ! fans! I have excellent news for all of you Facebook fanatics. You’ll be able to experience the PS3’s first true in-game Facebook publishing features by posting cool stats from your BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 games to your Facebook wall!

To get in on the fun, just sync your PSN account to your Facebook account by signing into PSN via the XMB, opening the account management menu, selecting the Facebook option and choosing to share game event information.

Buzz! Quiz World Facebook_main game

Once your accounts have been synced, you’ll be offered the option of posting stats like what place you finished in and what buzzer noises your friends used, once you’ve completed a BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 game. All you have to do is hit the red button on your BUZZ! Buzzer to accept and these fun stats from your game will be added to your Facebook wall. So fire up your PS3, hop into a game of BUZZ! Quiz World and get ready to tout your triumphs to all of your Facebook friends!

Buzz! Quiz World Facebook

If you’re a BUZZ! Quiz World PSP buff, I’ve got great news for you as well. We’ve been busy publishing PSP-optimized versions of your favorite downloadable Quiz Packs. Check out the PSP-optimized Rock Idols, Comedy and Sci-Fi Quiz Packs, now available on the PlayStation Store. Test your trivia skills with fun questions like these:

Rock Idols PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

WHICH BAND TOOK ITS FANS BY SURPRISE WITH ‘BLACK ICE’ IN 2008?

• BLACK SABBATH
  • AC/DC
  • MEGADETH
  • NINE INCH NAILS

Comedy PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

IN WHICH 2006 CAPER DOES JACK BLACK GET IN THE RING WITH SATAN’S CAVEMEN?

• NACHO LIBRE
  • NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
  • THE BREAK-UP
  • TENACIOUS D IN THE PICK OF DESTINY

Sci-Fi PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

WHAT SPECIES IS THE ‘STAR TREK’ CHARACTER WORF?

• FERENGI
  • ROMULAN
  • KLINGON
  • VULCAN

With the addition of these recently released Quiz Packs, the PlayStation Store now offers well over 1,000 additional questions for BUZZ! Quiz World PSP, so you’ll never run out of questions while you’re on-the-go!

Thanks for checking in! Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest and greatest BUZZ! news.

Add Your Own

Ar4chNova89 said:

March 22nd, 10:06 am

As long as it doesn’t spam my Facebook and make me look like an obnoxious fool like the trophy stats do.

They really need to let you schedule when to publish certain achievements. Like once a week or something.

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

Jenny Barbour said:

March 22nd, 3:04 pm

As for unwanted FB spamming, we have taken steps to try and avoid this for BUZZ!. You have the choice on the XMB to link your account to FB and turn on the option of sharing game event information. Then within game, after a game is played, you will be given the option to post the stats or not. This way, you’ll only be sending out posts when you want to.

Utmost-Nutszo said:

March 22nd, 10:11 am

Not for me. I really hate App Spam like this – I usually block it. Great for those find it useful, but not my thing.

poweredbyzen said:

March 22nd, 10:18 am

facebook is evil – i deactivated my account.

Tyrsis said:

March 22nd, 10:36 am

I love facebook, but man; I hate the Trophy spam.

Ry-Tron said:

March 22nd, 10:42 am

publishing trophies/achievements is NOT “integration” with Facebook. It’s just spamming trophies and whatnot as an ad to sell a game (and it usually just pisses people off anyways). If you want to truly integrate Facebook and social media into an experience, I’d suggest creating something that makes good use of the tech as part of the game’s original design instead of as a downloadable after thought. Think of the old RL-crossover game, Majestic. That was messed up, and with what we have access to today it could be an insane experience if it was made anew.

dragonpryde said:

March 22nd, 10:59 am

I’ll do this.

Mattchewie said:

March 22nd, 11:00 am

Sounds Dope!

I to hope this doesn’t spam like the trophies do.

dragonpryde said:

March 22nd, 11:00 am

I have a lot friends that are avid Buzz players actually that would find this interesting.

KidCommando said:

March 22nd, 11:03 am

Facebook sucks

CDubyahS said:

March 22nd, 11:03 am

oh that is awesome. I submitted an idea to palystation share about facebook synching and now it is a reality. keep these great innovations coming SONY! thanks for listening to your rabid fans like me! SINGSTAR make next??

SpeedRacer1955 said:

March 22nd, 11:13 am

MEH nothing that the Facebook does not do now… Nothing NEW here move on.

WrekGar said:

March 22nd, 11:17 am

This is an interesting add-on for Buzz.. Thing is could this be a hint at something down the line for the PSN itself?

RichterNYR35 said:

March 22nd, 11:30 am

HAHAHA, I had to make sure that I didn’t activate the trophy spam so my friends wouldn’t know that I a huge playstation nerd

zombie9 said:

March 22nd, 11:30 am

Just a thought I can go to Facebook and make a profile but I can’t go and look at my E-mail.=( Whats wrong with that picture? But I did mange to break all my fingers playing GOW3 Game is EPIC=)

sportsfan1992 said:

March 22nd, 11:35 am

i think ps3 should have Myspace trophy like have for facebook.

NarcMonkey said:

March 22nd, 11:45 am

Hey, Nintendo just gave me $5 to spend on The Wii Shop Channel.

How ’bout a counter-offer…

Link01 said:

March 22nd, 11:47 am

There needs to be a tighter dedicated page for this stuff on facebook

phinnv8 said:

March 22nd, 12:07 pm

Cool feature, if only the PS3’s web browser would do it without locking up ;)

Swanton18 said:

March 22nd, 12:10 pm

Looks cool

Zezzler said:

March 22nd, 12:19 pm

Cool, i wish that facebook alone could be a feature on the xmb, because the web browser one doesn’t work for me.

Kalakaua said:

March 22nd, 12:30 pm

That’s cool. Wish there was more social web integration with more games. As long as I have the choice to post stuff and what not to post, all is good.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

March 22nd, 12:50 pm

This seems like a great idea in theory but practice will put people off the game. I hide all the trophy stuff from my news feed. Also it’ll be hard to check em on the ps3 cause the browser keeps freezing my PS3 every time I try to log into my facebook page. So either make this a little less annoying to use or fix the darn browser. I think the latter is much more important than that of the former, Sid…..

pattayacity said:

March 22nd, 1:06 pm

That´s nice…

techknight said:

March 22nd, 1:09 pm

Ugh.. I hope that crap doesn’t show up in my Facebook feed. There are a few iPhone games doing this already – can you imagine every game on every platform spamming this stuff?

Thrasher20 said:

March 22nd, 1:25 pm

I facebook spam with my beloved trophies LOL. WAY BETTER than that stupid Farmville stuff

TubaDude49 said:

March 22nd, 2:23 pm

AC/DC, Pick of Destiny, ???

Midgetguy said:

March 22nd, 2:54 pm

Is there a patch for the first PS3 Buzz game as well?

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

Jenny Barbour said:

March 22nd, 3:28 pm

BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 is currently the only title in the franchise to offer this feature.

bball230 said:

March 22nd, 3:02 pm

I REALLY REALLY REALLY think that this is a stupid idea if only certain games support these features. I hate that Sony doesn’t standardize to devs, some of these REALLY awesome features for every-game. Like:

in game screen-shot feature
in-game custom soundtracks feature
you-tube upload feature
in-game invites

When only a few games have these features it only makes PSN feel worse, more clunky and divided as a network. I understand that not all of these things can just magically be forced upon devs, but there has to be a point where Sony starts being uniform with the great features that are available.

Jeff or anyone, please mention this to whoever is in charge of this kind of stuff.

ProjectInfiniti said:

March 22nd, 3:54 pm

If you people actually used facebook long enough, you’ll realize that you can block permission yourself in your facebook account settings.

You guys seriously cry about everything that is offered to you.

EhMaybeNot said:

March 22nd, 5:28 pm

how bout a ps3 proprietary social networking site that auto includes yer ps3 status, profile, trophies and whatever else AND is accessibe from the xmb AND OF COURSE is completely compatible with the ps3 browser. thats not too much to ask is it? it would be a giant boon fer sony.

FranklinMcMahon said:

March 22nd, 5:46 pm

On the fence, I had been posting my trophies but ended up turning it off because I think it was bugging people.

Oddly, the link for a FB trophy post just goes to a JPG, should at least go to a game page.

I’d actually love to see a native Facebook app for PS3 like Xbox has, that would be very cool.

KILLZONE79 said:

March 22nd, 7:12 pm

Yeah seriouisly who would post game event info on thier facebook i know i wouldnt. i only use facebook to chat with friends not post game stuff.

SLURPEE__QUEEN said:

March 22nd, 8:56 pm

HERES A QUIZ USA HEALTH BILL PASSED” AS OF tomorrow ‘ thank god for obama 1 HELL OF A JOB ALOT BETTER THEN BUSH EVER DID BY FOUR HUNDRED MILES ” HATS OFF TOO OBAMA”

JohnnyTravel said:

March 22nd, 9:02 pm

Unless you’re using a sub-account, in which case the Facebook option is missing.

Francision69 said:

March 23rd, 4:40 pm

Sounds like a nice feature especially since I love using Facebook. :)