It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a whole year since UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves was released! Since then we’ve sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide of UNCHARTED 2, hosted more than 125 million online multiplayer matches and won more Game of the Year Awards than we know what do with.
Not exactly a bad problem to have.
To commemorate UNCHARTED 2 as the definitive Game of the Year in 2009, we’re proud to reveal the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition!
On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:
- PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
- UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
- UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
- Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
- Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
- Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
- Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP
Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.
Releasing our Game of the Year Edition in the same week as our one-year anniversary of release is not without benefits – we have set aside Saturday, October 16, 2010, as the date to join us online for some awesome anniversary festivities!
We’ll be running a special one-day only playlist which compiles a “Best of…” selection of gametypes we’ve chosen from previous episodes of “The Lab.” We’ll also have plenty of Dogs online nearly all day in that playlist to play against. But that’s not all – we’re not ready to reveal everything yet, so please check back on NaughtyDog.com in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!
And last but not least, head on over here to check out the IGN exclusive interview with our very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond for an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more!