Spider-Man PS4

Apr 01

Apr 01

MLB 11 The Show Home Run Derby Trailer

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Baseball season is finally here! As we begin to watch our favorite teams go at it on the diamond, I’d like to show you our newest MLB 11 The Show trailer, focusing on our Home Run Derby mode using PlayStation Move.

You can still play Home Run Derby using the DualShock controller, but this year we’ve really upped the ante, allowing players to now use the PlayStation Move controller in the same way that you would swing a baseball bat. You can play a quick three-out Derby against a buddy or make the experience a bit longer with five or ten outs, using up to eight sluggers in total.

I’ve had a lot of practice playing and I have to tell you, it feels really good to swing for the virtual fences and hit one out of the park. And, if you don’t trust me, have a look at our cover athlete Joe Mauer taking some cuts on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Not a surprise, but Mauer edged out Jimmy in a HR Derby duel by a score of 1-0.

Well played Mauer!

Add Your Own

Christian399 said:

April 1st, 11:03 am

Eric, how about you talk to your PR department about WKC 2? :) Creeping up on a month now, still no NA announcement and I wasn’t a particularly patient person to begin with :) Baseball, shooters and platformers are all rather wonderful, but how about some 1st party RPGs (that aren’t for the PSP)? Legend of Dragoon remake? A PS3 Wild Arms? There’s a starving JRPG audience out there, Mama Sony weaned us since the PSX days and has now left us to starve.

P.S. I don’t even like baseball, but this is one of the best sport games around. I was playing it at my brother in-laws and was mightily impressed.

Eric Levine's Avatar

Eric Levine said:

April 1st, 12:07 pm

I’ll see what I can ;).

Thanks for the kind words about MLB 11, glad you’re enjoying it!

tender_surrender said:

April 1st, 11:49 am

I’m not the biggest baseball fan but I bought this game mainly for the Homerun Derby and Move. It is simply the most accurate Move controls I’ve seen in a game. Its 1:1 and pretty much 95% accurate to what real batting is like. No other game on Wii comes close.

Me my girlfriend and her son who plays baseball in high school all played this for hours the other night. Its so addicting.

Eric Levine's Avatar

Eric Levine said:

April 1st, 12:08 pm

Totally agree, it’s a lot of fun and feels really good when you connect and hit one out of the park.

Tank_Baked said:

April 1st, 12:04 pm

Why can’t we have home run derby’s for online ?Please make it happen .

Eric Levine's Avatar

Eric Levine said:

April 1st, 12:09 pm

We’ll certainly look at it, thanks.

SmokeAdellic said:

April 1st, 12:55 pm

How about making the home run derby for sale as a stand alone game on the playstation store for the people who aren’t interested in the show but want some move compatible baseball in their life;)

twistedfloyd said:

April 1st, 12:59 pm

I’m still really into MLB 10 The Show (finally won the World Series!), and I think the new home run derby with Move looks great. Are you guys thinking about integrating it into MLB 12 to be fully functional with the entire game? I think that would push me into actually getting a Move if you guys used it the right way. The Home run derby looks like a good step forward. I think having it in the full game would be awesome!

TallCrowe said:

April 1st, 6:47 pm

In a few months I might pick up the Show. It is the best baseball game out there without a doubt.

Tank_Baked said:

April 2nd, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the response . :)

Is it possible for us to get MLB team logos or players as avatars? Can you look into it and let us know if it’s possible . I’m sure we’d all be willing to pay A LITTLE extra if need be for these .