Final Fantasy XV

Jun 15

Jun 15

E3 Replay: LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

The key things to remember about LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita:

• It’s not a port: this LBP features an all new campaign and Vita-specific features
  • Your previously purchased LittleBigOutfits will transfer seamlessly into LBP for Vita
  • Sackboy looks 72% cuter on the OLED screen

Producer Pete Smith from SCEE Liverpool has been working on the LittleBigPlanet series since the original, and is therefore well qualified to show off what’s new for LBP Vita.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this LBP is that the Create tools are kind of like a Vita dev kit. You can access the touch screens, accelerometers and more to make levels that take full advantage of the handheld, and are unlike any previously created in the LBP universe.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

digitalman123 said:

June 15th, 2:42 pm

Sweet! This should be a great new take on the LBP franchise!

A-00-00 said:

June 15th, 2:48 pm

AMAZING I like LBP and I want to play this LBP!! I can’t wait!!

Prattz said:

June 15th, 2:48 pm

Been an LBP Player since LBP1’s release date, and proud of it! c:

So… Does the Vita game have a music sequencer?

*Can’t watch videos on this horrible computer*

NamesIrish13 said:

June 15th, 2:50 pm

PS Vita looks sick, and so does LBP… I still do not like the new name though… so for now it is still my NGP!

VectorRaven said:

June 15th, 2:51 pm

NOICE!

EnigmaNemesis said:

June 15th, 2:52 pm

Just like Mod Nation and Uncharted, this game looks amazing.

I want to see MLB The Show on it however!!!

Conaaando said:

June 15th, 3:01 pm

This looks fantastic! I also can’t wait to put my hands in it. Hey, guys, question on trophies: do you know how it wil work? I wonder if Vita trophies integrate with PS3 trophies, or if Vita trophies are going to be a completely separated (and new) thing. It would be wonderful if they integrate with PS3 trophies, like they would level the user up, you know?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 15th, 3:21 pm

I don’t know yet! All will, of course, be revealed closer to launch.

SBacon54 said:

June 15th, 3:02 pm

@Jeff Do you know if we will have access to the android store on our PS Vita?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 15th, 3:22 pm

I don’t know the answer to that, but since this is not an Android OS machine, I kinda doubt it.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

June 15th, 3:15 pm

@ 5..I AGREE A AWESOME EXCLUSIVE SPORTS GAME..IS A MUST SEE ON THE PSV!! I FOR ONE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SFxTEKKEN..HAVING COLE IN THAT GAME JUST “SHOCKED” SOME EXCITEMENT IN ME. KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK SONY- ESPECIALLY WITH THE EXCLUSIVENESS :)

plaztiksyke said:

June 15th, 3:20 pm

looks great.

what are the camera specs for the Vita? If the front-facing camera is better quality than the PlayStation Eye, and I can replace my PlayStation Eye with it, I’d pick up a Vita just for that. The PS Eye’s sensors are incredibly noisy, even in medium light, which disrupts the experience for me in SingStar and Start the Party. It would be great to see Sony hit it out of the park, and one-up the multi-function phones/PDAs :)

I’m also curious if there’s more than one microphone, for noise-cancelling purposes.

When playing via HDMI (or thru PS3), will anti-aliasing be used? The aliasing artifacts in all the trailers are surprising, even on the smaller screen. It’ll be really distracting on a 50″ HDTV.

Finally, how much RAM is in this thing and what speed? Four ARM cores won’t make much of a difference if there’s a bunch of bus and refresh/latency contention that prevents it from being maxed out.

Very excited to see more deeply technical information in the weeks to come!

Kirotashi said:

June 15th, 3:26 pm

Can’t wait! That guys voice is annoying, though.

Tap88out said:

June 15th, 3:28 pm

LBP looks great day 1 purchase for me although the name could could have been beter I mean (ps vita) comon it should have more punch you know something that stands out

Tap88out said:

June 15th, 3:32 pm

psvita is a beast

Tap88out said:

June 15th, 3:33 pm

nevermind that last coment

AHRIMAN-XD said:

June 15th, 3:36 pm

AWESOME!!!

Dany-TmG said:

June 15th, 3:41 pm

The more I see of the Vita lineup, the more excited i get. Also to Jeff, i was wondering if LBP, Modnation Racers and Uncharted are all confirmed as launch titles or titles we should expect later on?

Logan22 said:

June 15th, 3:42 pm

Jeff do you know if the 3DTV bundle will come out day 1 with Resistance 3 (Sept. 6th)? I’m anticipating both but I don’t want to have to wait months for the TV in order to play the game if you know what I mean. If there’s no sure answer yet can you request that they try to get them shipped at least by some time during the month of September? That be great man.

D-Squad3 said:

June 15th, 3:44 pm

Does the LBP for Vita have everything from LBP2? For example the Creatinator, Sackbots, Cutscene Cameras, Grappling Hook and the Paintinator? I really hope so.

Budapesti said:

June 15th, 3:45 pm

I love that my, considerable number of, costumes will carry over.

I love that it has an original story, and not a port (although I’d even be happy with that.)

I love that we’re going to have new ways to control our sackpersons.

Frankly, there’s nothing NOT to love about this. It’s beautiful, amazing and I can’t wait to play (and create) with this.

Just one question. Do we know if Stephen Fry’s dulcet tones will grace this version?

Logan22 said:

June 15th, 3:46 pm

Also, I forgot, are the Resistance and Killzone titles shown back in January (brief glimpses) still in development for Vita, or have they been cancelled? Just wondering since they weren’t shown or talked about during E3.

ItsNymo said:

June 15th, 3:47 pm

Too awesome! Cannot wait to pick up both the Vita and new LBP!

Curious about level compatibility: Would levels made on the Vita that don’t necessarily use touch can play on the PS3? And, when PlayStation Move comes to the PS3 version later this year; Will those get locked out on the Vita, or will those levels still be playable using touch? Or even vise versa: Touch levels on the Vita being playable on the PS3 using Move? Or will neither versions just won’t be compatible with each other?

Looking forward to what the community can do on LBP Vita!

Budapesti said:

June 15th, 3:48 pm

@Kirotashi That guy has a Liverpudlian accent. I guess you’re not a big Beatles fan, then!?!?

Globox_82 said:

June 15th, 3:50 pm

For those that are interested Tarsier studio and Double eleven are co-developing LBP Vita, which I findd to be really cool.

BigBoss712 said:

June 15th, 3:52 pm

Too cool. :)

Budapesti said:

June 15th, 3:53 pm

What blows my mind about this LBP is that, with the ability to create touch and tilt controlled games, someone could quite easily create something that ends up as an iPhone or Android app. LBP has proved that, even if you can’t program, imagination can go a long way to creating amazing games – the next Angry Birds could be a product of LBP Vita.

colonel005 said:

June 15th, 4:02 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before…

How responsive is the sixaxis functionality in the PS VITA? Does it work like the Dualshock 3 (or better)? and how about the responsiveness of the touchscreen and touchpad?

ihatereading369 said:

June 15th, 4:13 pm

Looks amazing. One question though… Will you be able to play multiplayer over 3G? Or will that be limited to wi-fi and ad-hoc?

PoInTyNiPs said:

June 15th, 4:14 pm

will lbp be cross platform where you can sync with the ps3 version of the game?

captaianbubbles said:

June 15th, 4:23 pm

Is LBP going to be a launch title for the Vita? Please answer

Adean12-PR said:

June 15th, 4:26 pm

will the psvita games be something like umd or will the games be download only?

Buckis2002 said:

June 15th, 4:30 pm

Do you have a clue if MM is making LBP 3

backtolifekids said:

June 15th, 4:33 pm

kewl next thing you need is all the call of duties for the psp please do that

Sharingan_itachi said:

June 15th, 4:39 pm

Is this being developed by Mm?

Kakujo88 said:

June 15th, 4:44 pm

I was trying to decide which next-gen handheld to go with. After seeing this video, I know it’s going to be the Vita, hands down. I’ll wait for the 3DS to get a few good, non-port games.

lisatsunami said:

June 15th, 4:54 pm

Hey Jeff, that picture @ E3 of Sackboy in the famous Michellangelo painting was the most brilliant advertising depiction I’ve eveR seen, and perfect for saying what LBP on Vita means. Whoever thought of that deserves a raise.

KingKannibal said:

June 15th, 4:58 pm

wow, I can’t stop thinking about all the little things I want to try and make after watching this video.

Assasinator0240 said:

June 15th, 5:10 pm

That is SICK straight up SICK man too bad itll probally be $300 somethings like that i cant afford :( with the economy this bad!

Assasinator0240 said:

June 15th, 5:11 pm

That is SICK straight up SICK man too bad itll probally be $250 somethings like that i cant afford :( with the economy this bad!

Mnky_Let_It_Rain said:

June 15th, 5:16 pm

39TH woo hooo!!!!

Adean12-PR said:

June 15th, 5:24 pm

can someone PLEASE tell me if the ngp a.k.a ps vita games will be some sort of umd or downloa only or both PLEASE REPLY!

Tomm4118 said:

June 15th, 5:29 pm

Please let this be the PSVita ‘killer ap’. And please bundle it with the Vita on launch.

x-D-G-A-F-x said:

June 15th, 5:40 pm

What is up with the lame name they’ve given it , PS Vita thank god i’m not buying one , heck i wouldnt buy it cause of the name .

LilMMAD1015 said:

June 15th, 5:45 pm

this is just fantastic! i can’t wait for the game!

Sky-Rocketed77 said:

June 15th, 5:58 pm

Day 1 for me

moneyman1852 said:

June 15th, 6:00 pm

i know this is off topic but i have 2 questions:

1. do u guys support action replay?
2. if u do support it… when will it be restored?

KINGstarBUDDY said:

June 15th, 6:07 pm

@42 …idiot

devilforce12 said:

June 15th, 6:20 pm

[DELETED]!!!! i cant wait for the PSVita release :)

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 15th, 6:29 pm

1) Are we gonna be able to play the community levels from PS3 LBP as well? With PS3 players?
2) The costumes are transferable, but which ones? The ones from the PSP game or the PS3 one?

manobon said:

June 15th, 6:42 pm

Can’t wait for this to come out- hope downloading community mini-games is as easy as getting levels for the PSP/PS3 versions!

Hey, Mr. Rubenstein- as long as people are asking questions not about the post or the game, can you give a “Beyond!” in the comments?

Monetep said:

June 15th, 6:54 pm

I’m getting this at launch!!!

PAGE 1 2 3