PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Nov 23

Nov 23

Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 001: Greatness from small beginnings

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Introducing the Official PlayStation.Blogcast!

I know we’re a little late to the podcast party, but we wanted to ensure we could offer more than just four guys chatting about games. PlayStation’s specialty is creating experiences that you can’t find anywhere else, so we wanted to extend that philosophy to our long-awaited podcast… which, by the way, launches right here, right now. Enjoy!

When crafting the podcast’s purpose, the team identified three goals:

• Share exclusive first details on next week’s PSN game lineup
  • Answer questions from the PlayStation community
  • Evolve to meet YOUR needs
  • Tune in to learn what’s hitting PlayStation Store this coming Tuesday, November 29th, then check back Sunday afternoon for a full list of all PSN and Blu-ray games with The Drop.

Subscription Links:

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Jeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Product Evaluator
  • In our inaugural episode, we share the full PSN game lineup for this coming Tuesday (including The Sly Collection), discuss newly revealed PS Vita titles Unit 13 from Zipper and MotorStorm RC from Evolution Studios, name our first PSN Gem of the Week, wax nostalgic about PS3’s five-year birthday, share our character origins from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and run down PSN’s new Fall Sale that offers 30-50% off games such as Limbo and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. Nick also shares some surprising news about the PS3 psychosexual puzzler Catherine. Oh, and “Corn Love.”

All in all, not a bad first show! But we’re biased, so give it a listen and let us know what you think in the comments below or email us here.

Also, very special thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo, and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music. And special thanks to Astro Gaming headsets for providing audio gear.

Add Your Own

Benmo316 said:

November 23rd, 5:37 pm

I just d/l it to iTunes, cant’ wait to listen to it later tonight!!

Gandark said:

November 23rd, 5:39 pm

Can you guys do more stuff for Skyrim????? It’s my favorite game of all time!!!!!! :D

Nick Suttner said:

November 23rd, 6:27 pm

we will certainly talk about it more in the coming weeks, i’m sure we all have plenty of rad stories to tell!

November 24th, 1:32 pm

I have a hunch Skyrim will be coming up again and again in the coming weeks :) Thanks for listening!

Zezzler said:

November 23rd, 5:43 pm

Awesome! I hope it turns out to great, and I’ll be sure to leave some feedback.

D-Squad3 said:

November 23rd, 5:47 pm

So podcast beyond is gonna have a competitor!

Jeff Rubenstein said:

November 24th, 11:14 am

I think there’s plenty of room for both. Who can ever replace The Roper Report?

ruibing said:

November 23rd, 5:51 pm

Just finished listening to the first episode. I thought it was great; your journalist backgrounds really shined through during the top PS3 games discussion. Looking forward to the next release.

November 24th, 1:33 pm

Glad to hear it and thanks for being so specific about what you liked. There are a lot of great gaming podcasts so we are very humbled that people are liking Official PlayStation Blogcast so far!

Justp94 said:

November 23rd, 6:21 pm

What’s the email for Questions again?

Kchow23 said:

November 23rd, 6:24 pm

Some more guests that I would like to see on the show:

1) Shuhei Yoshida – Seems like a nice guy over twitter and could talk about his work at WWS and about games at Sony + PS Vita.
    2) Jenova Chen, Robin Hunicke and more from Thatgamecompany – Talk about Journey and how their previous games influenced Journey + answer some questions about Journey.
    3) Seth Killian – Discussion about StreetFighter X Tekken on both PS3 and PS Vita.
    4) Folk from Sony Bend and Naughty Dog – Discuss Uncharted: Golden Abyss and how it fits in the Uncharted timeline and working together.
    5) Guys from Sucker Punch and Sanzaru Games – Talk about Sly 4 and what may be ahead for Sucker Punch.
    6) David Cage – Heavy Rain discussion, DLC questions and what may be ahead for Quantic Dreams.

Jeff Rubenstein said:

November 24th, 11:14 am

All of this is doable. When people come into the office, we’ll try and grab them.

Kchow23 said:

November 23rd, 6:25 pm

7) Folk from Reverger Labs – Talk about anticipated indie fighting game Skullgirls.
    8) Folk from Media Molecule – Talk about their next game and LBP discussion.
    9) Stiq Asmussen – God of War discussion and questions also I would be interested on how he broke into the industry being an Art Institute student.
    10) Jonathan Mak – Talk about their new innovative title for the PS Vita.
    11) Bioware Devs – Talk about Mass Effect 3 for PS3 and the multiplayer aspect.
    12) Ken Levine – Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite discussion and questions also Move support discussion.

November 24th, 1:34 pm

We’re discussing a lot of options about how best to work these kinds of folks in, so stay tuned! Glad you liked the show and thanks for sharing all the feedback. Now go eat some turkey! ^_^

Kantankoras said:

November 23rd, 6:31 pm

Listening to this right now… Orchestrate an MGO NIGHT!!!!

November 24th, 1:34 pm

Metal Gear Online? And I thought I was the only one…

CabooseFan91 said:

November 23rd, 6:34 pm

Listening to it now :) hope i can listen to it everytime like i do the other podcasts :)

Parhibition said:

November 23rd, 6:48 pm

Can you guys put the PSN server status up somewhere on the blog? Maybe at the top of the page. Just a little green or red light indicating whether it’s up or down.

November 24th, 1:35 pm

It’s something we continue to look into but it’s not as cut-and-dried as we all might hope. Definitely something we’re exploring.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

November 23rd, 7:03 pm

Awesome, thanks guys!! I’ll listen to it later this week. Happy Thanksgiving PS Blog!!!

fabtrocks said:

November 23rd, 7:34 pm

Question: What are your personal thoughts of Playstation Vita?, Shaping up pretty well, right?

November 24th, 1:36 pm

Based on what I’ve seen and played, I’m very excited. The games I’m personally most excited to play are Ruin, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan…but that’s just off the top of my head :)

Justp94 said:

November 23rd, 7:37 pm

The intro is awesome. Any chance of making a full Techno song for the BlogCast and make it available for download? The use of the PLAYSTATION sounds makes it awesome.

Nick Suttner said:

November 23rd, 11:20 pm

A full-length song is unlikely (though I’ll pass along the request to Dormilón), but check back this weekend and I’ll get a nice clean stereo version of the theme song up somewhere.

kc_chang said:

November 23rd, 7:47 pm

Question: What was your game of the month for November? (Only one game, and why?) ^_^

November 24th, 1:37 pm

Brutal! I can’t pick one, but I can pick three: UNCHARTED 3, Skyrim, and MGS HD Collection :)

boyfrdr418 said:

November 23rd, 7:52 pm

QUESTION FOR FUTURE PODCAST:
    What is the main game that you guys are looking forward to that comes out in the first quarter of 2012 (January tru March)?

LilWayneSuckz said:

November 23rd, 7:58 pm

Hopefully this is just as interesting as Podcast Beyond, I’ll listen every week

November 24th, 1:37 pm

Thanks for your support!

rockinjs864 said:

November 23rd, 8:00 pm

just downloaded the podcast about to listen to it now . I have a question though do any of you know the price plan for the 3G data plan on the vita? I’ve been wanting to know this for a long time now

November 24th, 1:37 pm

That info will be coming in the future, so hang tight. You’ll see it here first!

AmericanNinja1 said:

November 23rd, 8:01 pm

Finally! About time. Thanks! Subscribed and rated. :-D

November 24th, 1:38 pm

Thanks much! ^_^ Did you like it?

KazeEternal said:

November 23rd, 8:06 pm

Hey PS Blog,

Could you guys relay a message to the Firmware team, there is some sort of bug effecting PSN headsets. Volume drops so people can’t be heard. Volume changing also gets locked out on XMB.

Logan22 said:

November 23rd, 8:12 pm

Since the Vita will be cross playing with PS3 on some games, can we expect the (now Plus exclusive) cloud saving feature to be available for everyone as we approach Vita’s release? Thanks guys and great show :)

P.S. Sid is lucky for that 2 day MGS4 playthrough.

November 24th, 1:39 pm

Don’t know that it’s been confirmed (and I don’t know in any ironclad way)…but it sure seems logical to me.

eaglefan129 said:

November 23rd, 8:21 pm

I doubt there is going to be any blog post tomorrow right? at post 20 Beyond!

November 24th, 1:39 pm

Nah, we’ll be sucking the gravy off the backs of fat turkeys

JLP_M said:

November 23rd, 8:53 pm

I will be downloading when I’m home!

LovesJapanManga said:

November 23rd, 9:29 pm

I know I am late to this party, but since I am deaf and I love the way how you do things around here- even at some points in this life, it can pissed me off for good reasons. ;-p Cut the chase and get to the point: Is there any way you’d have transcription of conversation or discussion available for viewing or downloading? It’d be nice not to let people like me out for we are avid supporters of your brand. Please let me know if that is possible or not at all. Of course, not during at its launch day, but down the road… Please? PRETTY PLEASE???? Thanx.

November 24th, 1:41 pm

Wow, good question! (P.S. my dad is deaf in one ear, is a master signer, and got his graduate degree at gallaudet college) Logistically it could be tricky and it would be very very hard to have ready to publish in time with the podcast. Do you have any ideas about how we could handle the transcription process? Know any friends who might want to help? We’re happy to help in any way we can.

banok said:

November 23rd, 9:49 pm

Omg! A podcast! What took you guys so long. I’m pretty sure a few of you have done a podcast or two. I know Nick, being a 1Up alum have done quite a few, I loved 1UpFm btw ^_^.

Nick Suttner said:

November 23rd, 11:17 pm

Thanks! I tried to help bring some of the same segment-based structure to the OPB, and I’m sure we’ll touch on cake vs. pie at least once. Wait, we already touched on pie this episode. 1-0 pie!

WilHiteWarrior said:

November 23rd, 9:56 pm

Still waitin to hear about the MGS collections release on the PSN and hoping for the uncharted series to find their way there too

ECKILLZONE said:

November 23rd, 10:02 pm

Definitely a good first blogcast, i enjoyed almost every minute of it

all i have to say is keep up the good work.

that and my suggestions for people to bring on to the show would be
    -David Jaffe of course, he has quite a way with talking about video gaming and hardly seems biased
    -Stig cause who doesnt like talking about the god of war universe
    -Possibly get John Carmack on here too cause i would like to know his opinions on the ps3 now as apposed to before, that and he is a tech genius and i’m always interested by the things they are doing in the industry now days
    -Randy Pitchford because all the gearbox games of late have been pretty amazing and i wanna hear more on BL2
    -And could you get someone like Jack Tretton or Kaz Hirai on here? its always nice to take a look into what the big guys are thinking and what direction our beloved playstation brand is going, that and i definitely wouldn’t mind having a closer relationship with the guys i buy the majority of my systems from

*And for a my question: What are your thoughts on the limitations of the ps3? Where do you think the ps3 can go from here in terms of system updates, network use, and games?

November 24th, 1:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback and leaving a question!

DZORMAGEN said:

November 23rd, 10:03 pm

R.I.P. to Podcast Beyond on IGN then… please tell me this will be available to DL on PSN Store too?

November 24th, 1:42 pm

As of now, no, but we’ll explore that idea!

DevilCalvin said:

November 23rd, 10:31 pm

Will PS3 users have minecraft to play with on the PS3?

SlaughteredNinja said:

November 23rd, 10:47 pm

I’m so glad you guys made a real PlayStation podcast without the swearing and vulgar language. Gonna subscribe to this on iTunes.

November 24th, 1:43 pm

Thanks! Sometimes a curse word slips out and I have to edit it out :) But I don’t believe in swearing just to swear. Glad you like it!

Benjamin81 said:

November 24th, 12:37 am

Bring on Mangod!

that-acmilan-guy said:

November 24th, 12:41 am

Why do I have to sign in in the blog all the time?

November 24th, 1:43 pm

We had a hitch involving cookies: it SHOULD be fine now, but if you keep hitting login snags, try deleting the cookie for PlayStation Blog in your web browser settings

Elvick_ said:

November 24th, 1:58 am

Downloading in iTunes to listen there, can’t wait.

Elvick_ said:

November 24th, 3:05 am

I have a bone to pick… I love Voltron AND Power Rangers equally. D:<

Great podcast. The logo is great, intro and outro are great as well. It would be cool if you do a avatar/theme/dynamic theme shout outs each time like the dynamic theme shoutout you did with this episode. It's easy to overlook those since games are usually the major focus.

I don't really have any suggestions at this point other than my previous one. I think I have a good question, but I'll email it.

November 24th, 1:44 pm

Fantastic feedback, thank you! ^_^

darthelghast said:

November 24th, 4:03 am

Nice title. ;)

Rytteren said:

November 24th, 4:10 am

nice. something new. huge fan of ign beyond.
    first question. trophysupport for miniS? remember the liveblog chat thingy you had on this site. alot of people questioners where about trophys in the comments.
    why no support? because of the psp? the devkit? some other thing? im looking at my sony tablet S and xperia play. will playstation certified games, not support trophys on ps3, because they are playable on these devices
    have played some miniS (psplus). but would not buy them whiteout trophys, because other games who support trophys will get my bucks and time. sad, because Young thor is awesome.
    second. trophysupport for psHome games. is it coming. im having the same problem with home as with miniS. my time can be used elsewhere. read something about sony not allowing trophys for “free” games but many home games, can do as free realms.. can it not?.
    i really do think sony is missing a huge crowd here… and alot of bucks. just look at how B. F. Skinner theories works wonders in MMO games, and as trophys in many playstationgames.
    i know its a huge elephant in the room.. but would just like to know. whats the status and reason not including trophys for games in home, and for miniS

jkuc75sj said:

November 24th, 4:37 am

YES! MGS4=GAME OF THE DECADE!

Also, Valkyria Chronicles 3 is actually not coming to US Sad, I know

jkuc75sj said:

November 24th, 4:45 am

@76 You should listen to the Giant Bombcast! It’s my fave podcast! (Only podcast I listen to actually, until the PS Podcast)

November 24th, 1:44 pm

I love all those guys so it’s a crime I haven’t listened to it already.

jkuc75sj said:

November 24th, 4:59 am

SWEET ENDING MUSIC! PS1 NOSTALGIA!

Question: How much can you talk about anything? Because the podcast kinda feels short for me,

Nick Suttner said:

November 24th, 10:26 am

What would you like us to talk about? It’ll probably get a bit shortly and tighter, but we want to make sure we’re talking about things that you guys want to hear.

rapture22 said:

November 24th, 5:00 am

I’ve been waiting for this one for a long time now. Great content for the first episode and we look forward to many more.

cable77 said:

November 24th, 5:34 am

Love the blogcast! My favorite part is to hear you guys talk about what are you been playing :) I’ll definitely listen to your blogcast every week. Keep up the good work guys!

cable77 said:

November 24th, 5:35 am

Oh btw, i really love the opening music too, very playstation! Cheers!

Mister-Nep said:

November 24th, 6:00 am

I already listen to a lot of podcasts, but throwing in another to the mix wouldn’t hurt. I’m visiting the blog enough that I may as well listen to the podcast of the blog.

November 24th, 1:45 pm

Let us know what you think!

Zeer0id said:

November 24th, 7:02 am

Loved the first ep! Can’t wait to hear more in the following weeks.

November 24th, 1:46 pm

Happy to hear it! What did you like best about it? Any suggestions for future shows?

ChaseHammerJ said:

November 24th, 7:54 am

great show guys, I sent you an email aready but wanted to add one more thing about who i would like to see on the show

How about the winners of The Tester to see where they are now and get their insight. I know we seen a little bit from them but would like to see more in depth.

thanks again, keep it up.

November 24th, 1:46 pm

Good idea, thanks for speaking up!

ZeroSection said:

November 24th, 8:42 am

Been a long time coming guys. Nice to see it finally came out. I’m excited to listen in! XD

Tigernoodle12 said:

November 24th, 9:27 am

You guys gotta get greg miller!!!

November 24th, 1:46 pm

It only seems right.

XFRod said:

November 24th, 9:31 am

As one of the thousands of physically handicapped gamers, do you think, “The Tester” will ever give one of us a chance? Just because my knees don’t work, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t enjoy a chance at working in the playtesting department of Sony.

Okay, maybe watching me run away from a police attack dog in a Jazzy 600 or, getting towed out of a 3′ deep pool of mud would be more sad than entertaining (then again, maybe not), it doesn’t change the fact that I’ve got more knowledge, social, and gaming skills than most of the contestants we’ve seen already. Personally, I’d rather see the show based more on gaming challenges than silly, physical challenges.

Will I ever Platinum the, “Michael Jackson: The Experience”? No, I know my limitations however, there’s no reason why those that can, shouldn’t have that opportunity. You know… Opportunity… So, unless you’re looking for only “Move” playtesters, then how about leveling out the playing field and give us, our opportunity to show you what we could bring to the show.

PS – Ask the guys at Zen Studios why they’re holding back on what the people demand… a “Howard the Duck” table in Marvel Pinball.

EagerSnake said:

November 24th, 9:35 am

Such a long time but finally here!
    Already downloaded so I will give you my thoughts later :)

KAPADO said:

November 24th, 9:46 am

Yey official brainwashing, I just purchased a 3D bravia so I welcome the bluray punch. Church of Sony be praised