Paragon

Jan 13

Jan 13

Call to Arms! Starhawk Public Beta Begins Tuesday, January 17th

Harvard Bonin's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SCEA

This past November and December we conducted our Private Beta for Starhawk. It was incredibly valuable to our team at LightBox and SCEA Santa Monica. We really appreciate all of the time that players have spent uncovering bugs and glitches, we would have never been able to find this many of them without real-world gameplay. The Beta effort has been a true partnership with our community so we humbly thank you all. Without your help, we wouldn’t be able to progress to the next chapter in the development of the game: the Public Beta!

We’re now happy to announce that the Starhawk Public Beta begins this Tuesday, January 17th. This is a crucial step for us as we’ll be testing all sorts of things, including game balance, server traffic, and general bugs. This is also a chance for more players to finally see what we’ve been working so hard on. As we’ve been getting so much support and encouragement from fans and press alike, we’re excited to spread the love and get more input to make the best game possible.

“That looks kind of fun, right? So maybe you want in the Beta now? Well, take a look below and see how to get early access. This Beta will include lots more functionality and features (details coming next week) so mark February 21st on your calendars because that’s when it will be completely open!

Who gets in, and when?

(North American Starhawk Beta schedule)

PlayStation Plus

January 17: All PlayStation Plus subscribers and all Private Beta participants (who haven’t erased their original Private Beta files). You can learn more about PS Plus here.

Starhawk UC3 Voucher

January 31: UNCHARTED 3 Beta key holders. These voucher codes were found inside of North American copies of UNCHARTED 3.

FB

February 7: Visit GameStop and PlayStation on Facebook and see how you can get early voucher codes.

IGN

February 14: IGN.com (details to be revealed soon)

LOGO-PSN stacked vert pos copy copy

February 21: Everyone with a PlayStation Network account…in other words, everyone who wants in, gets in!

Beta FAQ

If I was in the Private Beta, am I in the Public Beta?
If you were in the Private Beta, you are in the Public Beta for the duration. DO NOT delete the Private Beta file from your PS3 or else you won’t have access. Worse, you will be…unhappy.

Is this a demo?
This is NOT a demo. You can expect to find bugs and the vast majority of the game features planned for the final game will not be implemented. Of course, many of you will not read this sentence and will expect the Beta to be final quality. We ask that the community help itself and remind players that this is a test. It happens to be a pretty fun test, but it is a test regardless. Keep an open mind and we’ll continue to regularly update the Beta with changes based directly on your feedback. Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to help make games? This is your chance!

When does the Public Beta end?
When the game is good and ready! :) Honestly, when we’ve learned all we can and feel we can deliver the best product to you. Basically, sometime after February 21st, BUT it’s our recommendation that you do not delay joining or you might find your window of opportunity passing you by.

What’s different from the Private Beta?
We’re going to reveal more about the content updates soon enough. Patience, Padawan…

Will you test out the solo campaign?
Nope! The Public Beta is solely based around the multiplayer experience. While we have a robust solo story campaign in the final game, we can get our testing done elsewhere for that.

How do you send us feedback?
This is very important…to give us feedback, please visit http://us.playstation.com/psn/ and use your PSN login to enter the Beta forums. If you are in the Beta, you can enter the forums. Remember though…with Beta testing comes Beta responsibility. We are on these forums hourly looking for bug info, so please use this. We need your help and this is the best way to give us info.

P.S. Starhawk is in Las Vegas at CES taking in the sun and showing all the tech lovers what Starhawk is all about. Come and visit us at the Sony booth (#14200)! For all other Starhawk news/info please visit www.StarhawkTheGame.com.

Add Your Own

bitbydeath said:

January 13th, 2:00 pm

Question, are the graphics still undergoing changes?
I think it’s fine as it is just curious if we can expect more :-)

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

January 13th, 2:11 pm

most everything is undergoing changes

Enigma777 said:

January 13th, 2:00 pm

Thank god I didn’t delete the private beta client. Anyways, cant wait to play some more! I hope there’s new modes/maps/weapons though.

cavewulf said:

January 13th, 2:02 pm

Awwewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I dont have plus is there another way to get the beta

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

January 13th, 2:12 pm

look at the schedule in the blog post

bubun123 said:

January 13th, 2:04 pm

Wow.. this is exciting. Cant wait to get my hands on the public beta.
Just surprised by the publicity this game gets. Surprisingly Starhawk is not one of the most anticipated games of 2012. Anyways its a good game hope they made some changes after the private beta.

cavewulf said:

January 13th, 2:04 pm

Please b

cavewulf said:

January 13th, 2:06 pm

I’m not sure if I got private beta key. My brown nvr told me

Sharp_Dagger said:

January 13th, 2:19 pm

Can we get a turn on time for Tuesday? Is it 12:01 AM ET, 8AM EST, 3PM CT?

gearhead32 said:

January 13th, 2:21 pm

@33 the beta voucher you got for Uncharted 3 doesn’t start till jan. 31st that is why it is invalid that wasn’t for the private beta

Warped said:

January 13th, 2:46 pm

OMG FINALLY! Just cleared my Tuesday, now a lucky friend gets my Code from UC3

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

January 13th, 2:46 pm

THANK GOD I DIDNT DELETE MY PRIVATE BETA ..LOL THIS BLOG PAGE JUST MADE MY DAY – KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LIGHTBOX & SCEA SANTA MONICA! I HOPE AND PRAY THIS GAME GETS A COLLECTORS EDITION! I WILL BE PRE-ORDERING IT DAY 1!

ugonefealme said:

January 13th, 3:25 pm

The U3 Beta vouchers said earlly 2012,Now U saying jan.31 Cmon guys Im just saying

KILLO31 said:

January 13th, 3:55 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOO WANNA PLAY ! but im not a plus subscriber (I really should become one) Is light box studio owned by sony ?

TheGremlinKlown said:

January 13th, 3:57 pm

Hey it me Gremlin lol, I am so excited that the beta is back and bigger and better then the last one. I have one question for you Harv does LBI have a number count on how many bugs they killed in the last beta ??? I hope to see new Toys, new B&B things and you playing some games with us. Looking forward to testing all of it all over again. Thank you 4 ur time

marlyt said:

January 13th, 4:04 pm

@ 42 Yes, except other non-plus subscribers.

Sharp_Dagger said:

January 13th, 4:11 pm

This is exciting news of course! We must know the time for lift-off! Do a Midnight-Madness launch!

The best advice I have for people is to use their mics. Using your mic instantly upgrades the quality of whatever server you are playing in. Maybe when others see yours is on, they will turn theirs on too.

I’m excited to test out the flight changes and to hopefully see a new map. I hope the jetbike makes it’s way into the beta at some point.

ABD-ALELAH said:

January 13th, 4:13 pm

can i have CODE for the beta ?? ):

jenkinsx said:

January 13th, 4:48 pm

Cant wait, long live the PS3 exclusives!!!

cavewulf said:

January 13th, 5:02 pm

WAIT I GOT A QUESTION. I PRE-ORDERD STARHAWK AT GAMESTOP.
THEY SAID THE DATE WAS 2/8/12.
U SAID THE FREE NON PS PLUS WOULD B ABLE TO RECIEVE IT 2/31/12 SOMEONE ANSWER ME

MarinoBrea said:

January 13th, 5:03 pm

So March is out then… guys, just don’t release it the same month of GTAV (if that’s coming any time soon anyway), not because I give a rat’s about that game, but you know people these day$…

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 13th, 5:04 pm

Sigh, When will sony get back to getting some good exclusive RPG’s? RPG’s are huge (Skyrim sold 10 million already). PS3 has way too many shooters and action games, Sony this gen dissappoints, no RPG’s. Remember games like dark cloud? PS2 was huge because it had so many great RPG’s, what happened to them all with the PS3?

DROPGRAVY said:

January 13th, 5:31 pm

Quit Whinning, StarhawK rocks , i cant wait to get back in the beta, 10/10

Lego_My_Eggo said:

January 13th, 5:48 pm

i deleted the beta install but have started re-downloading it from my history, but i still have the save file from the beta. will i be able to get in early this way or will i have to use my uncharted code?

Torgo said:

January 13th, 5:56 pm

Hey, that’s me!

:-) I love this game, and can’t to play even more in the public beta!

BoNeSaW23 said:

January 13th, 6:22 pm

Are you guys gonna release the patch notes for what has been added or balanced different since the end of the Private Beta before the Plus Beta begins Jan 17?

I’m dying to know what feedback you guys listened too and implemented or changed based on us Private Beta testers. Thanks it was AWESOME!!!

See ya in Space!

MarinoBrea said:

January 13th, 6:41 pm

@mastorofpuppetz

There are plenty of japanese RPGs on PS3, look harder, if you really care.

DJHaole said:

January 13th, 7:59 pm

@Torgo, that is you…

Sum-Mischief said:

January 13th, 10:09 pm

Thanks ! for keeping the private beta tester for the duration of the beta. Its great to see the improvement along the way to make a good game great.

juggalorider said:

January 13th, 10:29 pm

dang i would try this but as you can see im not a plus member an i don’t ever plan on being one, i guess im not gonna even be in the beta at all since when i could ill be to busy with my ps vita an the new twisted metal, i guess ill wait until to comes out then rent it, im not that big of a fan when it comes to shooters having fake weapons, oh well i guess since i believe twisted metal will be 1000X better than starhawk

ARES90_KM said:

January 13th, 11:13 pm

I received some ps+ codes like a month ago, one for me and two for my friends, never used them or I didn’t have the need to use them soon but now those codes will be gone.

BoNeSaW23 said:

January 13th, 11:22 pm

@77 Enjoy your Hotwheels! We don’t need Clowns in Space! :)

INMATEofARKHAM said:

January 14th, 12:36 am

Jan 31huh? Just more disappointment from Sony…

mistasmooth25 said:

January 14th, 5:36 am

Another awesome thing that comes from getting Uncharted 3!

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 14th, 7:26 am

something tells me that this game will be released closer to 2013 than 2012..
meaning 4the quarter of 2012.

im hoping im wrong but if this were to come out say dec 2012 it would be a sad revelation.
but i do know it wont be march, april is pushing it and even may and june would be borderline possible.

supposedly this has no confirmed release date but what game truely does with the notion that any game can pontentiall get “pushed back”
but if this were to come out by sept / oct i would be happy.

just that one can not predict the release date by a beta showing date, and seeing how it has several stages within the public domain im betting early 4th quarter, around the release of maybe a month or 2 ealrier , if that..

hope im wrong..

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 14th, 7:37 am

but the good,
getting a taste of a front runner of 2012..

beta clarification by my earlier comment..
private.
then about 3 or 4 stages of public “open beta”
psplus/u3 codes/facebook and ign etc.
so its stretched out pretty broadly and with a slow jan and somewhat slow feb it is good marketing as well as timing, march explodes and signs of starhawk will vanish via beta..
and then we occupy ourselves with the barrage of new releases which are dominating factors and then we will meet starhawk once and for all, with many of the major multi platform games as well as some exclusives out of the way..

works for me, but none the less hoping it would release sooner than im hearing.. im hearing close to the holidays.
and i just hope its wrong.. but again, so as long as it releases i guess im happy, just as happy to fill in the next month or so filling dead time with fun time, starhawk!

Sharp_Dagger said:

January 14th, 8:48 am

I think they should take their time and just come out with a solid, fun, fulfilling game. It would be nice if it was first half of the year.

poisonedsodapop said:

January 14th, 10:11 am

About how big is this download? I’ve got a 120gb slim and I’ve managed to fill it up lol. I’ll playing on Tuesday though.

(PS you should still contemplate adding female avatars as a player choice down the line. DLC, I’ll buy it!)

Chase167 said:

January 14th, 10:53 am

after playing the starhawk beta warhwk is a way better game
starhawk is for camper.

Phantom737 said:

January 14th, 1:36 pm

Hmmm……….. I just realized I got the pre-beta code now cause it went into my spam box. The code is now of course expired =(. This totally sucks! I have been waiting for this game for 3 years!

xUchiha_95x said:

January 14th, 1:46 pm

Aww my PS+ just ended last week. At least I have a code from Uncharted 3. I’ve been itching to try out this game for a while it seems pretty cool. Best of all it’s a TPS just like Uncharted :D

junior-king said:

January 14th, 1:58 pm

i had the public beta but i deleted it before, then i re-downloaded it, will i get the buplic beta on 1/17?

TheGuardianFID said:

January 14th, 2:51 pm

The private beta rocked, can’t wait for more, thanks guys! 8)

Avalanche said:

January 14th, 6:12 pm

anyway you guys are going to bring back the camera view a little? i plsyed the private beta once because i couldnt stand the camera. i thought it was terrible.

jason_ac said:

January 15th, 9:46 am

I can’t wait!

For those of you who didn’t play the private beta, learn how to play here:

wyatt11295 said:

January 15th, 6:43 pm

PLEASE READ!!!!!! Do i need a code to get in on febuary 1st , i was’nt in the private beta so i cant get accsess that way! I did’nt buy uncharted 3 Drakes fourtune so I cant get in that way ! But on febuary 1st do i need a code or does the public beta just show up on Playstation store or something?

wyatt11295 said:

January 15th, 6:44 pm

I MEANT 21ST SORRY!!!!!!

TheNine-Ball said:

January 15th, 10:35 pm

Hey I deleted my private beta file but then found out about this and downloaded the beta again from my download list. It is updated and everything. Will i still get access to the open beta?

I hope so. I didn’t get to play the private beta as much as I had wanted since I was swamped around the holidays and end of last year.

BananaFish said:

January 16th, 6:13 am

This is one beta I’m definately looking forward to playing.

davetheg23 said:

January 16th, 11:14 am

So whats in it for warhawk vets when the game releases??? O_o

OPS_GEAR107 said:

January 16th, 11:58 am

Can’t Wait

fire2box said:

January 16th, 12:05 pm

Unlike others I can wait till tomorrow to play it. Just hoping the download isn’t too big, anywhere less then 4 GB’s is fine though. but will still take like a hour over my wi-fi. (stupid DSL, bring me fiber!)