Paragon

Feb 13

Feb 13

Escape Plan: A Touching Adventure for PS Vita

Chris Millar's Avatar Posted by CEO, Fun Bits Interactive

Escape Plan: Get LilFun Bits logo

What better day to share a labor of love than just on the heels of Valentine’s Day? Fun Bits Interactive and our partners at SCEA Santa Monica Studio are proud to see Escape Plan release tomorrow as a PS Vita launch title, exclusively on PSN for $14.99.

Since Escape Plan’s global unveil in August 2011 at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, we have been hard at work breathing life into Lil & Laarg, porting the Unity engine to PS Vita, and creating a new style of “survival humor” gameplay that takes full advantage of the unique features of the PS Vita in stunning black-and-white graphics.

Escape Plan

As we let Escape Plan loose on the world, some of the biggest critics out there are already sharing their thoughts on the game:

• Ryan Clements, IGN: “Escape Plan plastered a smile on my face: the characters, the music, the comedy — even the deaths.”
  • Matt Peckham, TIME/Techland: “Escape Plan looks to be the breakout hit of the launch lineup.”
  • Steven Hansen, Destructoid: “The whimsical musical score, hilariously hapless protagonists, strikingly saturated art style and comedic undertones are just too good to be true.”
  • Stephen Totilo, Kotaku: “This is the PS Vita game I want most.”
  • Alex Navarro, Giant Bomb: “Escape Plan really impressed me quite a bit.”
  • Matthew Keast, Gamesradar: “This PS Vita game has personality dripping off it…”
  • Neon Kelly, Videogamer.com: “It’s weird stuff, but also hugely likeable.”
  • Escape Plan: Get Lil

We are truly excited about Fun Bits’ first title, as we’re just getting started. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and hope you enjoy helping our hapless heroes, Lil & Laarg, find their way out.

Add Your Own

uncleniccius said:

February 13th, 7:43 am

This looks awesome. I like in the EU so I have to wait till the 22nd, but I can’t wait.

Berae said:

February 13th, 7:46 am

This game looks a lot of fun!

Myke-Myke said:

February 13th, 7:47 am

Very excited for this game. Day 1 purchase for sure.

How much memory is required for Escape Plan when it releases tomorrow???

Chris Millar's Avatar

Chris Millar said:

February 13th, 10:11 am

That’s awesome! The game file will take up just under a gig of memory

Blade133 said:

February 13th, 7:47 am

I was sold the moment I heard “rubber sheep.”

But really, Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta are the two launch titles I’m most excited for. They are the types of games that will separate the Vita from other handheld devices. Escape Plan seems to be the perfect blend between pickup-and-play action and depth.

RidleysBox said:

February 13th, 8:09 am

Any plans for a JP release?

Chris Millar's Avatar

Chris Millar said:

February 13th, 10:12 am

Escape Plan is set to launch in March, in Japan

uncleniccius said:

February 13th, 8:11 am

@ridleysbox, yep, someone on twitter said March…

Green-Elf said:

February 13th, 8:18 am

I have a few friends that ask me why I like my Sony devices so much.

THIS is a great example of why.

Sony devices deliver more novel gameplay ideas than any other. LocoRoco, Patapon, Flower, Pixeljunk.

This is definitely a day one purchase for me.

Go_Buddie_Go said:

February 13th, 8:26 am

@Green-Elf
    Speaking of Patapon. Sony, make it happen on the Vita D:

xCh0z3n-0n3x said:

February 13th, 8:32 am

RELEASE THE VITA THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! FORGET THE 22ND ITS READY TO GO JUST RELEASE IT THIS TUESDAY WITH TWISTED METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADBunny said:

February 13th, 8:36 am

Two games I really enjoyed on the PSP which would be great with Vita’s touch & tilt control would be Loco Roco, I had a lot fun with those 2D games :)

xZEEZO said:

February 13th, 8:36 am

gonna buy this amazing game when it launches on the ps store on day 1 but the problem is im going to wait until the 22nd of february for my ps vita ! :(

SpyDudeFX said:

February 13th, 8:42 am

Looks amazing and great work to everyone involved in Escape Plan. However can you guys please start working on Fat Princess again? Another great game that has been ignored for so long :( A sequel? :D

JoeTheBeast16 said:

February 13th, 8:44 am

As much as you guys want Patapon,
    That’s how much I want LocoRoco.
    That’ll be and Insta-Buy for me!!!

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

February 13th, 8:47 am

that game look gray… :(

D-Squad3 said:

February 13th, 9:19 am

Wish it was available for physical copy.

hush404 said:

February 13th, 9:20 am

This game looks rather interesting. When I get my Vita delivered, I’ll have to check it out. Demo by any chance?

jazzyrider said:

February 13th, 9:28 am

I agree – is a demo available? I love the nostalgic black/white/gray artistic stuff and I’m hoping the music/sound effects work with this game. It reminds of the game on the other platform called Limbo. :)

Chris Millar's Avatar

Chris Millar said:

February 13th, 10:15 am

We would love to do a demo, but it will be tough to give people a partial experience of a puzzle game – since you learn the mechanics in the beginning and then use them all in the later levels. Still, it is definitely something we’re looking into doing, now that the initial release is complete.

XFRod said:

February 13th, 10:11 am

@jazzyrider – Limbo has been on the PSN since June or, July… Great game.

Looking forward to picking this game up, eventually. With there being such a great amount of launch titles (not to mention the price of the Vita, itself), my gaming funds are going to be on lock down until next month.

Also, with the cost of Vita memory and, the very finite amount included in the 1st Edition & Launch Day bundles, these articles should really include their DL file size so, we can plan accordingly. Can’t imagine that whoever is typing up a blog post about something wouldn’t know this info or, not be able to shoot a suction cup dart at the guy two desks down from him that does know and, find out.

Mundinator said:

February 13th, 10:13 am

I can’t wait for Escape Plan!

XFRod said:

February 13th, 10:13 am

Oops, noticed Chris answered the file size question while I was typing my post.

Thanks for the info, Chris!

GearThird_Luffy said:

February 13th, 10:17 am

@ RidleysBox
    How you get that avatar?

FullMetalGear said:

February 13th, 10:39 am

I was impressed initially with this game. To find out the price is $14.99 is amazing. There’s quite a few PSV games I’m interested in and with this type of pricing, I don’t have to consider which title to buy soon and which one to wait until I have more money, I can buy multiple games at launch. I can’t emphasize how much I love that you guys chose a price like $14.99. Good Job.

CrAzYDaVe0209 said:

February 13th, 11:04 am

is there any plan of bring this to PS3 not just Vita.

Magic_Knight said:

February 13th, 12:33 pm

Can you play this on your PS3 as well, or only on a vita?

Chris Millar's Avatar

Chris Millar said:

February 13th, 12:48 pm

Escape Plan is exclusive to the PSVita

NightHawk17 said:

February 13th, 12:45 pm

I look forward to playing this next week:D

FallenAC said:

February 13th, 12:55 pm

This game uses the Unity engine?!? Wow that’s so cool, Ive been making a 2D game with the Unity engine and this is just inspiring me to try harder. So thanks for that and this is and has been a day 1 buy for me.

Balargon said:

February 13th, 1:05 pm

Great game, I will buy it day 1 =D

Heisem said:

February 13th, 1:09 pm

i like this

nikrel said:

February 13th, 1:33 pm

My 4GB card is going to fill very quickly, Sony is so sneaky! 32GB anyone?

TheChaosDivision said:

February 13th, 1:53 pm

Is this going to be the free game for signing up for the 3G pass? If this isn’t the game are there going to be any details of which game will be free? Is it going to be a game that is going to be available for download that we can potentially already download? I plan on downloading all the downloadable launch titles and would like to not download a game that I am potentially going to get free for signing up for the session pass? Help!

OverTaker said:

February 13th, 2:03 pm

I pre bought Uncharted G A but this will be my first down load off the psn for my ps vita.

I am kinda hoping this will be my free game that i get for getting the first edition bundle, via the AT&T free game down load.

RidleysBox said:

February 13th, 3:14 pm

@Chris Millar and uncleniccius

Thanks for the JP release day, I’ll be looking forward to it.

@GearThird_Luffy

As my question suggested, this is a JP PSN account, we get all the cool avatars =p They just added avatars covering Tales of Xillia, Graces, Vesperia, Innocence, Abyss and Legendis, sooo tempting.

lisatsunami said:

February 13th, 3:43 pm

So. Getting. This.

Best wishes, I hope Fun Bits makes a jillion dollars & goes on to make many more Sony exclusives. I’m one of the cheapskates getting the Wi Fi model next week, so a week from now I’ll be playing this @ work.

GearThird_Luffy said:

February 13th, 4:01 pm

Ugh. Japan always get the good stuff. Thanks anyway.

Chris Millar's Avatar

Deborah Mars said:

February 13th, 4:23 pm

Just to clarify for everyone, Escape Plan will be releasing worldwide. The release in Japan will be a few weeks later in March but all other regions can expect it at Vita launch.

Keysersoze10033 said:

February 13th, 4:37 pm

$15 for this game? I am in!

elite-predator26 said:

February 13th, 5:07 pm

THANKG GOD! i literally preorderd everything for the vita + the budle its self! ive been waiting for just Escape plan now for MONTHS! and for &15 im in as well! LARGE FTW!!!!!!!!

poisonedblack said:

February 13th, 6:13 pm

I’ll pick this up. It looks to be pretty fun.

GearThird_Luffy said:

February 13th, 6:35 pm

@deborah I was referring to the conversation between me and RidleysBox.

snakeeyes211 said:

February 13th, 6:47 pm

Any trophies in the game?

Realsvi said:

February 13th, 7:48 pm

Looking forward to this. Hope we see more games like this.

Filmfreak1138 said:

February 14th, 9:23 am

i played this game at Gamestop last week… very cool game!! im ready for my copy of it… im glad i held out to get the 8gig.

Reloaded09 said:

February 14th, 10:01 am

I’ve heard nothing but great things about this one, really looking forward to some uncharted on the streetcar this week.

BG808s said:

February 15th, 3:00 pm

This looks like a really fun game, unfortunately I’m not into portable gaming so I really hope you release this for the PS3 too!!

luvtoseek said:

February 15th, 8:59 pm

Users def. purchased this at the store; can any buyers comment on the game here? I’ll eventually DL this, just caught inbetween this title & another for my next immediate purchase.

Boxster17 said:

February 18th, 12:18 pm

I’ve purchased the game and have been loving it so far. The puzzles are fun and the trial and error part can be very entertaining at times while not being too punishing given the rooms are generally fairly quick. Most so far seem to take about 20-30s while you get some that are probably about twice that.

The controls work quite well for the most part, just keep in mind when you have to do multiple taps for most things, if you do it too quickly they won’t always register to move the object, but will register as gestures (in turn lowering the amount of stars you’ll likely obtain). Have also accidentally shut it off due to the power location button once or twice as I hold the Vita in my left hand with my thumb on the bottom and my middle or index finger on the top (by the power button).

For the price it’s a solid game and have been thoroughly enjoying it so far. They’ve made clever use of many of the Vita’s feature in a way that makes for a highly enjoyable experience overall if you enjoy these sorts of puzzle games.