Knack 2

Feb 29

Feb 29

Gravity Rush Floats to PS Vita on June 12th

Wilson Cheng's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

A lot of you have been wondering about a North American release date for Gravity Rush on PS Vita, which released to great response in Japan on February 9th under the name “Gravity Daze.” Today, we’re pleased to confirm that Gravity Rush will come to PS Vita in North America on June 12th, as both a digital release on PlayStation Store and a game card at retailers nationwide.

If you’re not yet familiar with this epic action-adventure game, read on for a quick overview. In the world of Gravity Rush, a futuristic world is under attack from unknown forces: So-called “gravity storms” have begun appearing in the sky, wreaking havoc while strange creatures terrorize the population. Amidst the mayhem, a young girl named Kat wakes up with a phenomenal new ability to control gravity.

Gravity Rush for PS Vita

Playing as Kat, you set out to stop the world from disintegrating around you, to piece together your lost memories, and to uncover the truth behind it all. There is a huge open world to explore and this is only amplified by Kat’s ability to control the forces of gravity. Before you know it, you’ll be walking on any surface imaginable, flinging yourself miles into the sky, and initiating special attacks in a gravity-free state to plunge down on your enemies. Just be careful who you’re standing next to, lest unsuspecting civilians be caught up in your gravity power!

Gravity Rush for PS VitaGravity Rush for PS Vita

Brought to life by beautiful cel-shaded graphics and engrossing art direction, the PS Vita functionalities of twin sticks, motion sensor and front touchscreen let you navigate the rich narrative of Gravity Rush. If you’re wondering what Gravity Rush looks like in action, watch the new trailer above as well as some new screenshots for you to enjoy.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Kane22_ said:

February 29th, 7:50 am

Wow! why so late like that? and why is it that retailers have the demo yet the PlayStation store doesn’t?????

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

February 29th, 11:51 am

Thanks for your patience. Gravity Rush needs time to localize, but the wait will be worth it. As for a demo on PS Store, we are working on something. More news to come on this front

VideoGamer35 said:

February 29th, 7:56 am

FINALLY!!! some REAL good news! any demos soon?

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

February 29th, 11:52 am

More news to come on a future PS Store demo

micturator said:

February 29th, 7:57 am

For such a late release date, we must get the game along with all the dlc included.

JimmyHACK said:

February 29th, 7:57 am

Yay, perfect time. Late? haha Sounds just right and what everybody was already expecting. Day one PSN download!

dimy93 said:

February 29th, 7:59 am

June 12th ????? Seriously ?????

enoir_me_plz said:

February 29th, 8:00 am

This is like the worst news! Never imagined we would have to wait that long for Gravity Rush.

G-Force08 said:

February 29th, 8:03 am

Right after E3. I’m excited :)

Looking forward to it! Too bad it’s a bit of a wait. I guess better late than never!

Zeer0id said:

February 29th, 8:11 am

4…months… can’t… wait………

spoonTRex said:

February 29th, 8:12 am

What’s taking 4 months after the Japanese release to get this over here? This should have been a launch title. Seriously? What’s up with the wait?

And, where’s the demo on the store? Look into that, guys.

GGCAN said:

February 29th, 8:13 am

Can’t wait for the game on the Vita !

Sinful_Skiz said:

February 29th, 8:14 am

I agree that this game looks to be awesome. However, we need titles now, not months from now. Well, if we get access to our PSOne classics without Remote Play, then I suppose I’ll be pre-occupado between those and my Vita titles until the release date. Hint hint lol.

jhernandez360 said:

February 29th, 8:17 am

Can we have a demo next week please! thanks.

BeeniiEU said:

February 29th, 8:28 am

that’s indeed some bad news!

BxNYCBonaoDR said:

February 29th, 8:40 am

I’m not really feeling this game. It looks okay. I want to hear that Rockstar is announcing a Grand theft Auto game for the Vita. That will be GREAT news and it will definitely boost sales of the Vita. Sadly, GTA V will be out long before we see a GTA Vita game. and who knows when GTA V is coming out.

aro52 said:

February 29th, 8:42 am

Yikes. There’s gotta be more than localization going on here, to take that long for an ALREADY FINISHED game to release.

supergeek- said:

February 29th, 8:43 am

I’m okay with the release date, because I’m just happy we’re getting a localized version of the best Vita game.
However, can you PLEASE put the Gravity Rush demo on the US/CAN PSN? Our local demo units all have it loaded already.
It is such a pain to have to format my Vita, switch memory cards, and re-log on using a Hong Kong account just to play the demo for this game.

Christian399 said:

February 29th, 8:46 am

Fresh, new IPs that demonstrate the Vita hardware’s capabilities are exactly what the Vita needs. Ports are great and all, but people want something new. I’m hoping that the Vita opens the doors to more games like Gravity Rush. I’d love to see a new take on the JRPG using the platform. Something with GPS functionality or AR. So much potential for this device, we’ll see if it leads anywhere.

Oh, and Aksys is localizing the Extreme Escape Adventure! Good day for Vita news.

Elvick_ said:

February 29th, 8:48 am

I’m just glad to finally have a release date to look forward to. Sad it’s so far away, but there’s plenty in between to keep me busy. Just nothing like Gravity Rush sadly. ):

TooTall19 said:

February 29th, 9:09 am

Good take your time and perfect the game.

Falaut said:

February 29th, 9:11 am

Dual audio tracks please with, obviously, subtitle option.

SiloEyes said:

February 29th, 9:14 am

Aw, why such a long wait? Doesn’t the hong kong version already have an English option? If we import that one, will it work on USA vitas and SEN accounts?

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

February 29th, 2:26 pm

The HK version does not have English unfortunately.

DeathGazer said:

February 29th, 9:16 am

June 12th is when I get my Vita then :D

And LBP is just two weeks after this…gonna be the best gaming summer ever!

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

February 29th, 11:56 am

Why not get a PS Vita now? There are a lot of games that are worth playing and even more to come : )

Budapesti said:

February 29th, 9:17 am

SO FAR AWAY!!!!!!
After LittleBigPlanet, this is my most anticipated Vita game, no contest.

Incidentally, as my PSN name might give away, I love that trailer! I used to live just around the corner from that trolley bus stop in Budapest. :)

redthehaze said:

February 29th, 9:22 am

Are you serious? I’ll be off in Afghanistan or something by then. This is the KILLER VITA APP RIGHT HERE, why are y’all making people wait longer? At least give us Malicious on PS3 soon. SONY, Y U NO TAKE MY MONEY NOW?

Crotin said:

February 29th, 9:24 am

So late :( I thought the game would release around the launch window

Reluctant-Hero said:

February 29th, 9:25 am

Suh-weet! I’ll be picking this up at retail! This game can’t come out soon enough.

Budapesti said:

February 29th, 9:34 am

I suspect Sony are purposefully staggering Vita releases. Obviously they could release this game next week (we know the localization is done, because of the HK release) but the existing releases need time to breathe and find an audience. If they released everything now, there’d be nothing new while the second generation of Vita games get developed.
Lots of us are looking forward to Gravity Rush, but we’ll appreciate it all the more when it finally arrives. In the meantime, there’s plenty to enjoy on our shiny new systems.

Would be nice if you’d fix the Playstation Plus Minis issue though, Sony. Any news on when we’ll be able to play them on Vita???

themajestic-2 said:

February 29th, 9:49 am

are you serious…june…whatever just fix my near location. in tired of being placed 30 miles from my location!

TheTwelve said:

February 29th, 10:02 am

Budapesti (#28) speaks wisdom.

DarkStainedAngel said:

February 29th, 10:03 am

Typically a launch window is within the first 3 months of a console release… this is clearly not the case. To add the dlc would make up for the amount of time spending on waiting to release it. However they could also include that dlc on the card instead of making us have to download it which would be a good use for the time they are taking on this. 4 months is outrageous and if you don’t have dedicated gamers wanting it you could be losing sales because of things like this. Sony needs to get their facts straight before talking about release dates and then changing them. It makes alot of people upset, especially when they make last minute changes and no one notifies you till you go in to put more money on it and the cashier says by the way that has been delayed. This happened to me about 2 weeks prior to the official Vita launch on the 22nd. Bad marketing skills in my opinion on not just the company you purchase from but from Sony as well. These things can make or break you in the industry today…. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get the game at launch then had to choose something else to suffice till this now it gets pushed back even further.

remanutd5 said:

February 29th, 10:04 am

so if Resistance burning Skies is coming out on may and Gravity Rush is coming out on june , Little Big Planet is coming out on april ?

Taronamic said:

February 29th, 10:09 am

I Know this “blog” is not the place to ask. but does anyone know where the facebook app is located or does it come with a certain playstation vita model? i cant seem to find it anywhere i tryed looking on the psn store app list but nothing

gravilty rush looks great thanks “sony”

oh p.s. (how about some flash/html5 support) thanks once again

lisatsunami said:

February 29th, 10:25 am

Thanks to user submitted tips on the Vita, I was able to transfer my PSP games, including those not on the official compatible list, to my Vita and they look & play great. I gave up on them on my Go, because the slidey button makes games crappy, but the analog sticks make them awesome. So I have 3 PSP games (2 of them the free “welcome back” games, thank you) plus Escape Plan and Golden Abyss so I have plenty to keep me busy, Vita-wise.

Next week I will buy the new digital Lego Harry Potter for Vita. I will buy Gravity Rush, LBP and Metal Gear for Vita whenever the heck they come out. I am entranced by my new Vita, although I was in a murderous rage last night when it froze up on me.

For anybody who gets the freeze, push and hold the power button and count to 30. Then when “safe mode” options come up, choose option 1. Then it will be good as new (it is new, less than 1 week old)

supergeek- said:

February 29th, 10:31 am

@Taronamic
The facebook app was buggy and caused a lot of problems on the vita. Sony quietly removed the app from the PSN Store and is working with facebook to get it up and running again.

boxmyth said:

February 29th, 10:49 am

This will be my first Vita game purchase. Really looking forward to it.

Wilson Cheng's Avatar

Wilson Cheng said:

February 29th, 2:27 pm

Hope you enjoy Gravity Rush. It’s a very fun game : )

GearThird_Luffy said:

February 29th, 11:01 am

Cool the price would drop by then for me to get one.

trexpert said:

February 29th, 11:10 am

happy to see the first response is ‘where’s the demo’ as that is what I thought when I was excited to see the demo at my Best Buy when I was able to get my Vita over the weekend. However when I got home and hit up the PSN store and didn’t see a demo and now severely disappointed in the release date. This was something that had launch title written all over it from what I saw when you posted the game play videos earlier

sheengrtr said:

February 29th, 11:15 am

now you guys have no excuse to not include all the dlc for the na/eu launch since it’ll release in june

Saint_Reaper666 said:

February 29th, 11:18 am

I want this game soooooooooooo bad! This looks like a real ringer for the Vita! WOW! Can you guys PLEASE bring the release date up?! I can’t wait until June!!!!

ArchAngelMai said:

February 29th, 11:39 am

Finally this awesome trailer comes to the US! I saw this on the JP PSN a while back, I was hoping the US would get it eventually. Might finally decide to grab a Vita when this launches!

Phlorge said:

February 29th, 11:43 am

Did they add in Anti-Aliasing or something? Are those actual screenshots? Because it looks a lot more smooth and sharp in comparison to the demo I played here @ retail stores!

Kchow23 said:

February 29th, 11:44 am

Really hyped for this game! will the demo come out sooner?

xChemDogx said:

February 29th, 12:06 pm

Well I was super excited to get and vita and play this game a week after launch, but looks like thats not happening. Might as well return the Vita till this game comes out…

SKeRJ said:

February 29th, 1:29 pm

It’s weird that the demo isn’t up on PSN yet seeing as retailers have it and the English one is on the HK PSN store.

D-Squad3 said:

February 29th, 2:02 pm

Launch window my @$$

danjin44 said:

February 29th, 2:13 pm

Isnt this game supposed to release with in a launch window!!? June is not what I exactly i call a launch window release.
but atleast we have decent release date for this game.

Sevyne said:

February 29th, 3:19 pm

Glad to finally see a release date on this, but not cool at all tricking everyone by calling this a “launch window title” when it clearly isn’t. Many people bought Vitas in anticipation of this game coming shortly after launch and it isn’t.

xTurmoilZz said:

February 29th, 3:48 pm

So Sony disappoints and tricks me again. Called it a “launch window title” when it isn’t. Felt like I waited forever for the Vita and now I have to wait until June to get the game I mainly was looking forward to!?

jonnydingleburg said:

February 29th, 3:53 pm

I have the demo on my vita right now. Here is a link on how to do it http://pastebin.com/TSyHxfQW Enjoy :)

PAGE 1 2