Spider-Man PS4

Feb 29

Feb 29

Unit 13 Training Videos: Part 1 – How to Play

Chris Roper's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

If you’re going to go up against the world’s deadliest foes you’re going to need every advantage that you can get. Fortunately for you we’ve got inside tips on how to best tackle Unit 13’s numerous missions, game types, connectivity features and more straight from developer Zipper Interactive. Over the next week, we’ll be rolling out a three-part in-depth video series to teach you everything from the core fundamentals of how to play the game to tips on how to tackle each mission type and even how to fully take advantage of Unit 13’s networking features.

Part 1, “How to Play”, shows you what it will take to run with the best-of-the-best. It covers everything from a complete control breakdown to tactical combat strategies to Unit 13’s in-depth scoring system. This is as close to a Unit 13 boot camp as you’ll get.

The next two videos in the series, “Game Types” and “Sharing and Competing”, will be released in the near future right here on the PlayStation.Blog, so check back then for more insider tips on Unit 13.

Unit 13 will be available on March 6th exclusively for PlayStation Vita. A playable demo is now available in the PlayStation Store, so check out the videos in this series, download the demo and hone your skills in anticipation of the full release.

Add Your Own

GGCAN said:

February 29th, 11:40 am

Thanks for the Videos and the demo !

steamone06 said:

February 29th, 11:40 am

How much will this cost

Chris Roper's Avatar

Chris Roper said:

February 29th, 11:48 am

As ScreamAimFire999 said, it carries an MSRP of $39.99.

ScreamAimFire999 said:

February 29th, 11:44 am

The game is $39.99 in retail.

vinnyg32 said:

February 29th, 11:46 am

Great demo, I pre-ordered this game after trying. Good Job!

Ghost-of-SpartaX said:

February 29th, 11:54 am

Beyond!!! Chris, played the demo cant wait for the full release

IrishSJ23 said:

February 29th, 11:55 am

How much will it cost to download? I have seen 39.99 retail games cost full price, 35.99 and 34.99. I would prefer to download this if I could save 10% or more since I don’t think I will resell it.

YunGGoTTie said:

February 29th, 12:00 pm

Good job Zipper,it’s like a updated version of SOCOM 4.

I just wish it had competitive mode. We don’t have many competitive shooters on the PS Vita.

G-Force08 said:

February 29th, 12:05 pm

@YunGGoTTie Thankfully Resistance Burning Skies has a full competitive multiplayer mode.

Back OT – Looking forward to Unit 13!

DaMann22 said:

February 29th, 12:05 pm

Time for some news indeed. BEYOND! Cant wait for this title also. But please start making a competitive shooter for your next vita game.

steamone06 said:

February 29th, 12:09 pm

Nice um sold from the demo be playing for hours till vita dies on me lol checking the leaderboard and trying to be people score is addictive can’t wait umma go get a 50$ pan card today

Tristan77 said:

February 29th, 12:09 pm

I played the demo and I like it a lot. The Vita handle shooters so well. I am going to buy this one.

fathead170 said:

February 29th, 12:11 pm

Time for the news! De de de dlut dlut dlut

Demolitio said:

February 29th, 12:15 pm

Can’t wait for this game. It was the game that convinced me that shooters could work on the Vita.

I just hope you guys keep this game fresh over time. Learn what you can from this game and make FTB4! :P

lunchbox206 said:

February 29th, 12:23 pm

Is the guy in the video the one that came to the vita hill in new york? Unit 13 is great and the co-op is really well done.

Williamsky said:

February 29th, 12:26 pm

That was a great video made me want to jump off my couch and do a Socom dance.

polo155 said:

February 29th, 12:43 pm

i will be getting this, the demo on the Vita ROCKS… im just kind of broke right now lol then i have to protect my investment and buy the extended warrent (like $64.00) before anything though but i reply the demo… cant wait to get the full version.

Good JOB!

polo155 said:

February 29th, 12:44 pm

replay

steamone06 said:

February 29th, 12:49 pm

One more question will this have a platinum trophy or not?

Chris Roper's Avatar

Chris Roper said:

February 29th, 1:07 pm

It does have a Platinum, yes.

lunchbox206 said:

February 29th, 1:02 pm

@ 18 it has a platinum, and there not that hard

lunchbox206 said:

February 29th, 1:05 pm

EDIT- its not that hard

Newcloud said:

February 29th, 1:09 pm

Does the game have a story mode or is it just these little missions

lunchbox206 said:

February 29th, 1:19 pm

@21 its just the little missions

lisatsunami said:

February 29th, 1:32 pm

I’m more of an RPG fan myself, as you can deduce from my avatar, but I tried the demo & it was great and looked great. Much better than my PSP shooter that I transferred to my Vita. Good work guys!

AguilarX said:

February 29th, 1:37 pm

beyond! tried the demo, now the game is paid off. cant wait next week to play this along with motorstorm RC!!!
my vita backlog is growing fast!!!

YeWest_is_da_man said:

February 29th, 1:53 pm

Great game guys- the demo totally sold me on it.

First off: Let’s be clear, it’s the first shooting game on the Vita so do we have anything to judge it by in terms of how it stacks up to the competition? No. Is it 100% perfected and polished? No. But does it make great use of the all the Vita has to offer (namely the dual sticks)? Oh yes.

This game is a mix, I feel, of MAG, Socom, and a little bit of something like the game The Club. The gameplay itself leans more towards a MAG style (how it feels and handles, etc.), but there is bonus’ to be had for sneaking around and taking down targets silently (not to mention you have a couple squad members who excel at stealth kills) so that, in accordance with the HVT’s remind a bit of the Socom-esque style. Lastly, I say “The Club” because of the way in which you have to keep moving, and keep coming up with creative ways to kill your enemies to help build up a higher score and chain together more multipliers.

YeWest_is_da_man said:

February 29th, 1:54 pm

Cont’d…

I just was wondering if anybody know if the progress we made in the game so far, is kept when we buy the actual game? Like if it can read our Saved Data and know what all we have unlocked and who we have Ranked up? Typically Demo’s don’t do that, but I was just curious…. I’ve played the only mission available like 50 times by now (exaggeration I know), so it’d be cool if we could keep what we have, but if not, that’s okay. Once again, GREAT job guys… I know a lot of people are too happy when they hear the name Zipper Interactive, but you guys really pulled off something great and will be remembered for being one of the first games to show off the beauty of the Vita. Keep it up!!

Chris Roper's Avatar

Chris Roper said:

February 29th, 4:23 pm

So yes, as YeWest_is_da_man said, your earned progress does indeed carry over to the full game.

As a quick word of caution though, be sure to keep the demo on your system until you’ve started up the full game at least once. If you delete the demo file your progress will go with it, so keep the demo until you’ve picked up the full game. Once you’ve played the full version once then you’ll be fine to delete the demo.

lunchbox206 said:

February 29th, 1:59 pm

@YeWest_is_da_man demo stats carry over to the full game

spectyre said:

February 29th, 2:45 pm

What is the D/L size of the game???

Bad_Brains said:

February 29th, 2:47 pm

I must ask, does the retail version of this game look as clean and crisp as these videos? Because this is not at all the case in the demo. The demo lacks AA and it definitely stands out. These videos can be rather misleading.

That aside, the game is a lot of fun and I will be picking it up come release.

Chris Roper's Avatar

Chris Roper said:

February 29th, 3:54 pm

All of the video content that you’ve seen for Unit 13 has been captured straight from the game – no tricks or anything going on there (I took some of it myself). The demo is similar – it’s the “final” game with only a portion of the content available. So what you see in the demo is what you’ll see in the full release.

ZiggyPoopdust said:

February 29th, 3:12 pm

ARe you guys coming to SXSW again this year? I had a blast with you all last time, and I’d love to come by and try out the Vita for the first time!

JoeTheBeast16 said:

February 29th, 3:52 pm

Played through the demo mission a few dozen times already and have all of my operatives maxed out at level 4. I’m currently ranked around 439 on the global leaderboard for the first mission. Extremely amazing game. Can’t wait for tuesday!!!!

khknight said:

February 29th, 4:02 pm

hey zippper….your MAG and S4 fanbase…we still exist you know… and…we haven’t forgotten……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Bad_Brains said:

February 29th, 4:47 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris. After watching the Video a bit closer I could see some of the lack of AA, however the game really does looks great and after running through the demo more it really is not as bad as I had plugged into my head.

Also, fighting for the top of the leader boards is addicting and annoying! One minute I was sitting at around 10, then a few hours later I’m at 13 or 14! Lol People are getting competitive. Keeps one coming back for bigger better scores. Daily Challenges will definitely be a good time. Looking forward to it!

poodude said:

February 29th, 4:59 pm

Played through the demo a couple of times already, must say I’m really enjoying it!

poodude said:

February 29th, 5:04 pm

Oh, just remembered. I heard you guys took down the demo for Unit 13 and then put it back up. Did this happen in North America too, my friend and I (both from Canada) played the demo and it worked flawlessly for me, but it cause his Vita to freeze up, and it had a few other glitches on it. Has this been fixed in the NA demo?

poodude said:

February 29th, 5:05 pm

Ahh typos!!! *Caused.

Partnur said:

February 29th, 5:50 pm

I’ll wait to hear how the full game turns out before buying it considering how other Zipper games like MAG freeze and SOCOM 4’s party system doesn’t work right and the “Play Now” option was deleted in a patch. I love TPS’s but Zipper has made me skeptical of their games to a certain extent.

Falaut said:

February 29th, 6:55 pm

Although not into these types of games ususally for a soon to be mentioned reason, I tried the demo, and really enjoyed it. The controls felt very solid, so did the mechanics. The graphics stood out as well. Now…

Why do all the bad guys (at least in the demo), speak Arabic? I’m not going to go into this at length, but I have to say that today’s military shooters are giant western pr.opaga.nda machines, not to mention making racial stererotypes, and re-enforcing existing ones.

So its strange, I do want to get the game for its aforementioned strengths, and I’m sure there are others as this was only the demo. But, just like any other shooter, that one part really crawled under my skin

Hopfully this won’t get caught in modhell.

Bigmoedeeby said:

February 29th, 8:26 pm

Hello, does anyone know if the analog stick controls will be customizable? I need legacy (scout from socom 1 and 2) support or it is not possible for me to play a shooter. The demo is awesome but I keep going in circles!

Hooligantuan said:

February 29th, 8:53 pm

If only MAG hadn’t been handled so poorly and abandoned without a word, or SOCOM4 such an already-in-the-Wal-Mart-bargain-bin flop, I might be able to stifle a yawn at this game.

Mad-Max1991 said:

February 29th, 10:03 pm

Would be nice if we could go on to java or adobe website to update the playstation 3 web browser software!

Mad-Max1991 said:

February 29th, 10:05 pm

whats the point of having a web browser when you can only get on youtube, facebook, and other boring sites.

we should beable to play games like runescape from the ps3 internet browser.

DarkOne_PR said:

March 1st, 5:41 am

can u guys pls patch the game to create an Online mode? theres no competitive online games on the vita! :(

kyosuke9999 said:

March 1st, 6:12 am

Chris Roper?!? BEYOND!

logicsquirrel said:

March 1st, 1:18 pm

i am so getting this game.

NICE41 said:

March 1st, 3:10 pm

Was interested in this game until i played the demo, and now I can’t wait for the 6th, this game is so much fun to play, THANKS ZIPPER!

FlyingPenguin10 said:

March 1st, 5:47 pm

Mag 2!

GaRcHoW said:

March 11th, 3:17 pm

Played the game for 1 hour. I can’t believe I gave it that long. This game sucks. Its Socom 4 just a bit better which doesn’t take it any where near good considering S4’s was horrible. just another terrible game by an even worse developer.