Knack 2

Apr 17

Apr 17

Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake Up Club Coming to PS Vita for Free

Jamil Miles's Avatar Posted by Senior Manager, Brand Marketing Handheld Consoles

During the launch of PS Vita we introduced you to Welcome Park, a PS Vita application that teaches you about the different controls that PS Vita has. We’re excited to announce the next set of PS Vita applications to join the “Park” series with the introduction of Paint Park, an exclusive app for PS Vita owners available for download starting today.

Paint Park turns PS Vita’s impressive 5”OLED touchscreen into a sketch pad where users can make and share drawings with friends. Players can doodle, sketch and scribble quickly and easily with the virtual markers and onscreen color palette. Using PS Vita’s front and rear cameras, you can incorporate photos of the world around you into your drawings. Players can compete with up to five friends in online multiplayer via Ad Hoc mode to see who has the skills to be the best artist.

Also coming soon to PS Vita are Treasure Park and Wake-Up Club. Treasure Park is a puzzle-based app that enables you to connect with friends and other PS Vita owners. Using the near application and 3G or Wi-Fi, you can create and find your own puzzles to play, as well as set bombs and traps for your friends to find or try to avoid. Wherever you are, you will have the ability to team up with friends to earn high scores.

Wake-Up Club expands on the PS Vita Alarm Clock by allowing you to sync up with other PS Vita owners who set their alarm for the same time. Wake-Up Club is a great way to make waking up in the morning more interactive with the PS Vita community.

Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake-Up Club will be available as free downloads via PlayStation Store.

Stay tuned for more updates on the availability of Treasure Park and Wake-Up Club.

PlayStation Vita owners can look forward to a trio of free applications to help you make the most of the handheld console’s unique features, the first of which will be available to download this week, on April 18.

Paint Park Coming to PS Vita for Free

Paint Park Coming to PS Vita for FreePaint Park Coming to PS Vita for Free

Treasure Park for PS Vita

Treasure Park for PS VitaTreasure Park for PS Vita

2012-03-23-115317

2012-03-23-1159552012-03-23-112015

2012-03-23-111925

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ChrisHighwind said:

April 17th, 7:07 am

Pretty cool apps, might not see myself using them, though.

Also, insert obligatory “Where’s Skype, updated PSP compatibility and PS1 compatibility?!” here.

KRAZHNBURNLOK_LA said:

April 17th, 7:10 am

cool app keep um coming.

Dangeresque92 said:

April 17th, 7:12 am

Love the paint park idea.

However, insert “Where’s the ability to see my Vita trophies and activity on PS3” here.

I mean really? REALLY? I can play The Show on both consoles, but I can’t see the trophies I earn on both?

chatomachida99 said:

April 17th, 7:13 am

Looks great, I’m from mexico and the problem with Google Maps and Near persists, when we support for repair, it is very necessary

remanutd5 said:

April 17th, 7:16 am

yes of course i will check them out , i think i will be using the Treasure Park a lot, i dont want to sound like a whiner but i do want google + , youtube apps and more online multiplayer games , what happened to modnation racers road trip online patch? little big planet release date please

kivi95 said:

April 17th, 7:17 am

For people asking about Skype tey have said it will release in April.

NekuDincht said:

April 17th, 7:29 am

Well, they´re cool and they might keep me busy for a while, but when will i be able to play Final Fantasy VII away from home on my vita? and i´d be very happy if i could use the Near app, since it doesn´t work on Mexico… Still, I love my Vita!!!

MEXRPG said:

April 17th, 7:35 am

@ 6 (kivi95) Source?

shrimpdude said:

April 17th, 7:36 am

Really, no Youtube app? No podcast or RSS app like we had on the PSP? C’mon Sony, these 3 new apps are cute but useless by comparison.

doctormoon said:

April 17th, 7:37 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to try them. thanks sony, keep up the good work

psjkee said:

April 17th, 7:38 am

Im waiting for skype and flash player OR HTML5 support….

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

April 17th, 7:39 am

How about some f’ing GAMES!? I didn’t pay $250 for an Etch A Sketch. I’d like to think the PS Vita was developed for hardcore gamers that wanted to play on the go, but it seems like this thing is catering exclusively to the casual market.

KongWen said:

April 17th, 7:40 am

How about an app that plays PSOne Classics, as promised?

BigDaddyCrunch said:

April 17th, 7:48 am

!!! Excellent !!! Love the Paint Park App and Treasure Park sounds cool too. The best part will be availability this week!

I still need a FIRM LBP Vita release date. How about early May. PLEASE!

And I want to get my free PS+ Canabalt downloadable on my Vita.

BUT this helps. Keep up the good work.

BigDaddyCrunch said:

April 17th, 7:49 am

Oh, and the other best part is… FREEEEE!

LpSquall said:

April 17th, 7:53 am

“even compete with up to five friends in the online multiplayer via the Ad Hoc mode”

Is it really Ad Hoc only? So much for 3G.

JimmySkaggs85 said:

April 17th, 7:57 am

The release date for LittleBigPlanet Vita is 6/26/12.

G-Force08 said:

April 17th, 7:59 am

I love what I hear. Sounds awesome! Looking forward to what else comes for the Vita. Also, as for the alarm clock, did you guys read this? =p

shinjix2 said:

April 17th, 8:05 am

This is great. I’m enjoying all the free apps!

I’m hoping I can incorporate Treasure park into my Geocaching hobby!!!

Omii132 said:

April 17th, 8:09 am

PS vita should play PSone of course, but PS2 games too people!!! If playing PS2 games are left behind….well you know sad story! specially for all the good ones that hasn’t come out in PSN yet.

butcherknife said:

April 17th, 8:09 am

This looks good. But this appears to be similar to Draw Something…why not just release a Vita version of Draw Something that allows people to play with iOS and Android users?

Botched said:

April 17th, 8:12 am

I like apps are being brought to the Vita. Please bring the Skype app soon.

AwRy108 said:

April 17th, 8:17 am

Why in the heck is the Paint Park multiplayer an Ad-hoc only features? Ugh, so pointless…

Also, quit adding Apps until we’re allowed to play our PSOne games without relying on Remote Play.

luvtoseek said:

April 17th, 8:24 am

Cool, thanks!

iTofuMan said:

April 17th, 8:29 am

this all seems nice, but shouldnt you guys be working on getting games out for the Vita? Like Vita games, Psp, and finishing up the ps1 so we can play it on the Vita? it just seems weird getting all these non-games apps for a video game system. Dont get me wrong these are nice, but i think top priority should be games first. Why exactly are you having these being worked on and released first and letting games (vita/psp/ps1) being pushed aside for this?

kivi95 said:

April 17th, 8:32 am

8# They said it on a EU blog reply.Said something like: “Looking to release it at the tail of this month”

denn_lim88 said:

April 17th, 8:35 am

I’d love to have a note writing app on my vita Sony. Please make it possible!

chaindrive30 said:

April 17th, 8:38 am

Good to see you guys are giving us some free Apps from you guts. Obviously you are supporting Vita but I feel as many of my fellow gamers do PSOne support. I have some really good JRPG’s that I’d like to play while traveling. Hopefully you can get that going soon maybe we’ll hear something at E3. Keep up the good work though in continuing to support Vita. As for the ones asking for more games we have a pretty good selection already more games are surely on the way as well.

SimGrave said:

April 17th, 8:39 am

These are nice apps. I may not see the use for them yet, but I’ll definitely give them a try. I can’t help but think that there are other, more standard apps that would be nice to have before that; Email app, Calendar app, Contact app, Youtube app, a better web browser. Not having a cellphone, I find my iPod Touch really useful for these. I’d gladly abandon it in favor of my Vita if I could do all these things. It may not be in Sony’s philosophy to do these things for gaming hardware, but they’ll never get there share or Apple’s costumers if they don’t allow versatilily with their console. I’m not suggesting they could rival Apple with the Vita, but I’m sure lots of users would appreciate that. Sony should also try to make deals with developers of games such as Angry Birds (ps minis version not compatible), Cut the Rope, Tiny Wings, Doodle Jump, Siege Heroes, Jetpack Joyride / Fruit Ninja to port these games on the Vita. These are the types of games that people enjoy on their handheld devices. I’d sure enjoy having a few of them next to Uncharted, Unit 13 and Resistance. I’d then feel like my Vita can do everything (isn’t this Sony’s motto?) and that I don’t need anything else in my pocket (big pocket that is).

DrPhiill said:

April 17th, 8:43 am

I like the love the Vita is getting here! and its a nice suprise that we get the first app this week even, and i hope its for EU aswell and not only for US! if so, shame on you :D
And sorry but im gonna jump on the train and ask for other apps, i know you said long before the Vita got out that it will support Flash and get Skype, i saw in a post earlier last week that Skype is coming “soon” but havnt heared anything at all about Flash/Youtube, which i really really want to see an update on, just saying that its coming this year would be a good thing at the moment ^^

loove

-Phil

jezzie08 said:

April 17th, 8:52 am

PS 1 CLASSIC GAMES !!!!!!!!
Remote play will not suffice.
Final Fantasy 5,6,7,8 &9 already paid for on PSN & I can not play them on this all powerful Vita. Someone, somewhere, really needs to get there heads out of their………. the sand !!!!!
……. and don’t even get me started on this “policy” of only 2 systems.
Oddworld, Tomb Raiders, Parasite Eve. Please, someone wake the guy who is in charge of this department, because he”s making us all miss the boat.

Neil said:

April 17th, 9:12 am

It’s like PS Vita’s answer to Draw Something. At least I hope it is.

wolfetempest8469 said:

April 17th, 9:21 am

Here we go, now things are starting to give a little forward momentum. I love the look of this Sony, especially the alarm app. As soon as Skype comes out, I am shutting my Cricket phone service off, and it will be all you Sony. All in good time. Thank you for this once again, and keep up the forward progress.

BEASTXJASON said:

April 17th, 9:22 am

looking good. Monster hunter nd remote play ftw

Hooligantuan said:

April 17th, 9:27 am

blah blah blah Vita shovelware

Superstone said:

April 17th, 9:28 am

I want to play PSone and PS2 classics on my Vita!!!!!!!

DarkOne_PR said:

April 17th, 9:29 am

PPL take it ez they are working on those apps we all want as well! :)

U guys should be happy they are giving us these 3 amazing apps for free and little by little expanding the library of apps of he vita. keep the good work. its really true that we need firefox app and youtube apps but things take a bit of time. lets just give them one more month.

Superstone said:

April 17th, 9:29 am

And better remote play. Please

Sevyne said:

April 17th, 9:32 am

Just wasting time on apps that are better served on the original DS. How about using that time and energy on the stuff the people actually want and were promised already? Sorry, but if this is the stuff we have to look forward to then what a waste of $250-300. I could have spent less than $60 for something that plays crap like this.

mcbuttz78 said:

April 17th, 9:48 am

is this free or p2p meaning just free to dl but you have p2p.. which one..? thank you for any reply you may have

TallCrowe said:

April 17th, 9:54 am

It would be cool if you added more stuff to Welcome Park as well. I take it these are an extension of the idea.

furystylee said:

April 17th, 9:59 am

Thanks. Keep them coming! It would be great to access internet content (email, weather, walkthrus, whatever) without having to completely shut down games – either through an app or the browser. Let’s unleash this multitasking beast!

MEXRPG said:

April 17th, 10:00 am

@ 25 (kivi95)

Weird… I just searched the EU PS Blog and the only thing I found was a comment by you saying that it is coming in April. I wouldn’t necessarily call that a reliable source. How ’bout a direct link to where you read this? I’d like to have it so, we can at least request a US release date like Europe already has.

Thanks!

igornaweb_BR said:

April 17th, 10:10 am

I wanna you tube player and ps1 compatibility to play bust a groove again.

butcherknife said:

April 17th, 10:11 am

I second what SimGrave said in #28.

Except I would change it from Sony “trying” to make deal with developers of Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc….to Sony should be doing everything in their power to make these deals. For example, Angry Birds Space should have been available Day 1 for the Vita. It was available on iOS and Android Day 1…I am curious as to why it isn’t on Vita, yet. Even the original Angry Birds isn’t on Vita. Angry Birds is on every platform…even the PSP, but not the Vita.

FORMIK said:

April 17th, 10:21 am

I’m enjoying the games out so far, and know there’s other good games coming soon. Funny thing is, I’ve been waiting for the alarm clock app.
How about a Sony Reader app? Also, I’d like to see the Digital Comic Reader app from the PSP.

TMAZT3R said:

April 17th, 10:47 am

You people need to relax, a lot of you do not have patience, just be glad that we are getting three free apps, skype is coming soon do you want it to work, well let them make it, browser improvements are coming also, about ps1 games you really want to play 15 year old games? I would rather have a larger psp library.

I would bet half of you only bought one or two games, here are some games that I would suggest: rayman orgins, wipeout 2048, mutant blobs only 8 dollars, escape plan 15 dollars and recently got a free expansion. Unit 13 is pretty fun, also seems like they fixed the lag and error codes. It can be hard to buy games for your vita, but you just need to take a chance, you may really like it.

Tchanku said:

April 17th, 10:47 am

Wake up party looks neat.

polo155 said:

April 17th, 10:52 am

Thank s cant wait for these apps to come to my ps vita 3g… i cannot put it down as it as lol. please hurry with skype too but thank you again!

PAGE 1 2 3