Knack 2

May 13

May 13

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

We’re taking a quick, pre-E3 break in San Diego, so nearly skipped this week’s What We Read. But I did stumble across some informative reviews for games like Awesomenauts (still free for PS Plus subscribers!), Starhawk, and Mortal Kombat for PS Vita, so here goes.

I can vouch for that last one personally – during last week’s PlayStation <3 Canada meet-up in Toronto, Sid and I enjoyed quite a few ad hoc matches with the locals. In true Canadian fashion, they kicked our arses, politely. Then we played for a nice chunk of the flight home as well. In my opinion, it’s the best portable fighter ever.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of May 7, 2012)

Add Your Own

Sweetitaly010 said:

May 13th, 9:55 am

Hey Jeff, can Sony bring more JRPGS to PSN Store I’ll love to buy them :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:10 pm

It’s up to individual publishers what gets released on PSN.

Sweetitaly010 said:

May 13th, 9:56 am

Why the lack of PS3 Rpgs on PSN Store i don’t like FPS shooters ):

KazeEternal said:

May 13th, 10:15 am

*spoilers ahead God of War*

I can only say I was disappointed to hear that the next console release of god of war was a prequel when it has traditionally been a sequel up till now. I was further disappointed by the fact that it takes place right after the death of his family…… seems like the easy route to just throw him at the furies and be done with it. We’ve escaped from many a prison in god of war as a series, now we’re dedicating a game to a punishment already served after his families ashes were fused to his body. I’m more interested in the events after God of War 3. I’m going to pretend that this is a title to hold us off for the PS4 release of God of War 4.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:10 pm

I’d say wait until you see more of God of War: Ascension’s story campaign before deciding on it.

Gadirok said:

May 13th, 10:46 am

Its too bad I couldn’t make it to the meetup in Toronto.

Also, I think its the british who actually use the word arses. I haven’t seen anybody in Canada use arses instead of that special word for our behinds.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:11 pm

Perhaps, but I wasn’t trying to speak as a Canadian there, or I’d have said ‘eh.’

digeythedog said:

May 13th, 10:48 am

Any news about COD for vita and if it will be the same as black ops 2 same with assassins creed? Sony’s sales haven’t been the best recently and I was wondering if their going to impact the Play Station 3, PS Vita, first party games, and future devlopment? I hope for the best of Sony and everyone’s job at Sony!

robdawg1001 said:

May 13th, 11:04 am

Speaking of rpgs in the store now that you do ps2 classics i would love to see final fantasy 10 and final fantasy 12 in the store i would be a buyer and im sure there would be a ton more buyers!

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 13th, 11:22 am

@6 FF10 IS coming to PS3 AND Vita as an HD version some time this year.

As for PS2 JRPG’s, Please bring Xenosaga 1-3, i made into an idea on blog share and got well over 200 up votes.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

May 13th, 12:21 pm

Hey Jeff, have you watched that presentation of Soul Sacrifice? It’s in english now and the gameplay looks pretty slick. Combat kind of reminds me of Folklore when you play as Keats and all your attacks are sort of an extension of yourself. I’ll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:11 pm

I’ve seen it – looks interesting.

SpiritThief said:

May 13th, 12:31 pm

I read on the web that Rainbow Moon is in Gold status. So I take it is in Sony’s hands. Do you think we will be seeing it before the end of this month?

I’m at least hoping for a early June release. Will make a great birthday gift for myself.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:11 pm

When there’s a release date, you’ll certainly read it here.

NAC1REMA said:

May 13th, 12:32 pm

Will there be a E3 meet up this year if so when.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:12 pm

It’s looking that way. Stay tuned for details.

phatdawg2k1 said:

May 13th, 1:12 pm

i brought the 1st edition vita bundle and i must say sony u let me down with not supporting it lke u should..even tho i love mortal kombat i already downloaded it for ps3 so there should b @ least 2-3 games weekly..we waste all that money and they cant even have a steady flow of games every week..i feel like giving my vita to my lil brother and get another 3ds..im a long time supporter of sony and brought all sony systems on the 1st day but yall really dropping the ball..the same support we show u we need that in return..do any know if nba 2k12 and dead island coming to psn?..i love those games

thebiglouie said:

May 13th, 1:52 pm

Best Buy is now selling the Playstation 3D Display for $250.

That end of the Man City game had to be one of, if not, the best finishes in soccer.

phatdawg2k1 said:

May 13th, 1:57 pm

@12 what size is the t v?

digeythedog said:

May 13th, 2:03 pm

24in, 1080p, 240hz and 3d. Get a pair of glasses and motorstorm apocalypse,HDMI cable and the TV it’s self. I plan on getting it soon but most of the TV’s only last 1-3 months. That is the only thing that is stopping me from getting it.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:13 pm

I’ve been using mine for over 6 months, every day. They’re warranteed, and good quality build.

KingDubin said:

May 13th, 2:19 pm

Jeff: “Last thing: did any of you catch today’s Premiership finale? One of the craziest days in sports history, anywhere in the world.”

WHA??? What happened? Oh, wait, let me try and guess: City came back and beat QPR with the winning goal in the last minute of stoppage time (Last I checked, they were behind 2-1 in the 79th minute) while Man U also lost in stoppage time. Or is it something a bit more crazier than that?…….

KingDubin said:

May 13th, 2:24 pm

Also, Jeff, are you, Sid, or Rey going to have either Slightly Mad Studios or Atari on in the next couple of weeks to talk about Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends? I’m only asking B/C I’ve already got the game pre-ordered and ready to pick up day one, but yet other than a media preview and a recent trailer, we haven’t heard much about the game, and I am wondering if you can have somebody come on and talk about it B/C, unless it get delayed AGAIN (according to what I’ve heard on YouTube, the game has already been delayed twice) it is supposed to come out at the end of this month. Please let me know. Thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:26 pm

We weren’t planning on it. We usually have 3rd party games featured that are either doing something special for PlayStation consumers (exclusive, PSN, Vita, special pre-order/DLC, etc) or that are otherwise hugely popular among our readers.

phatdawg2k1 said:

May 13th, 3:02 pm

@14 thats a great deal but the T V is too small

thebiglouie said:

May 13th, 3:05 pm

@15

Except for Man U winning, that’s exactly what happened.

phatdawg2k1 said:

May 13th, 4:34 pm

once again no new vita games this week..how sony got ps1 or ps2 games comin out like every week but no vita games?..smh

edyrfaciola said:

May 13th, 7:49 pm

Hey Jeff is there any chance of Sony update Media go so we can use with the PS Vita, all my mnis and PSP games are there and I don’t want to download all the games again.

BTW about Man City’s game this sunday I must say what Jay and Kanye said: That S*** Cray
Ohh and did you liked West Bromwich GK? haha

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 13th, 8:28 pm

I don’t know that Media Go will ever work with PS Vita, as it’s already got a download solution on PC, but I can’t say definitively. And we owe that keeper a debt of gratitude – he made us 30 million quid!

Alex_Lives said:

May 14th, 8:46 am

So GOW:A takes plce after the death of his family? Dissapointing they took the easy way out, it would have been more interesting to have a human kratos, his transformation into Ares´ servant, some of his tasks under Ares´ orders and the slaughter of his family being actually playable. That would have been more memorable than the first game to have the entire story being a build up to his family´s death, but i asume being a mainstream Sony game doesn´t allow to take risks.

Wating for the actual campaign footage that proves me wrong a makes me look like a fool.