PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

May 22

May 22

PulzAR: PS Vita’s next AR Play Blasts Off Next Month

Shaun Wharton's Avatar Posted by Associate Producer

PulzAR for PS Vita

We are excited to announce a captivating new addition to the Augmented Reality (AR) Play line-up next month with the release of PulzAR. PulzAR is a mind boggling, potentially Earth-shattering puzzle game that turns nearly any flat surface into an epic battle against time and a looming celestial event with the use of your AR Play cards.

PulzAR for PS Vita

You see, in PulzAR, the Earth is in grave danger. Somewhere just beyond our planet’s outer atmosphere, a series of colossal asteroids are spinning ever closer on a deadly collision course to wipe out humankind. So far, all attempts to divert their trajectory have failed. Now, in mankind’s desperate last stand against certain catastrophe, it’s up to you to command a network of explosive rockets and try to blast the asteroids into a harmless meteor shower before they reach Earth.

Pulsar04

Using precision laser technology, you have only a limited time to program the guidance system using a series of reflectors, splitters, and filters that activate the nodes that will launch the rockets towards their targets. Once launched, you are able to follow the rocket, looking up with your PS Vita as it reaches beyond the atmosphere and into the vastness of space with only one purpose… to destroy some serious space rock! The fate of planet Earth rests with you. Good luck!

Pulsar08Pulsar01

Add Your Own

Neil said:

May 22nd, 9:31 am

luvs it

aro52 said:

May 22nd, 9:41 am

So does it come with headgear to strap the Vita to my face, so my hands are free to “program the guidance system in a limited time” . . . . .

luvtoseek said:

May 22nd, 9:53 am

Hi Shaun, can you spot us a video?

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

Shaun Wharton said:

May 23rd, 3:03 pm

We should have something up in the near future, so please check back every so often. Thanks!

cosmis_chaos said:

May 22nd, 9:54 am

I like how Sony is trying in innovate with the AR cards. I see good things in the future if they keep it up. It’s annoying how people want Sony to try and use the things that they put into place but then gripe when they actually give it a go.

DaMann22 said:

May 22nd, 9:55 am

@2 what you need to do is have a wife/GF, sibling, etc. to move it for you when you call out the actions. I usually have my wife or daugthers help me cuz they like to watch. Still a head strap like the one those with harmonicas use would be awesome

cosmis_chaos said:

May 22nd, 9:55 am

@ aro52. Hold VITA with left hand use your right hand to move cards?

GGCAN said:

May 22nd, 10:26 am

Thanks Shaun.

Any pricing as yet ?

Looks fun.

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

Shaun Wharton said:

May 23rd, 4:18 pm

We’ve had a lot of fun with this one here at the studios! Expect the pricing to be on par with Table Top Tanks ($1.99).

aro52 said:

May 22nd, 10:44 am

@5
Forget the co-op experience, I’m gonna MacGyver myself a harmonica rig!

@6
Of course that’s how most will play it, but they show a lot of cards there that need to be aligned in a finite amount of time. If this game has any sort of difficulty to it, it’s gonna get frustrating not having the 2nd hand free.

RenderMonk said:

May 22nd, 10:53 am

Looks cool. I’ll pick it up when it comes out. I have high hopes for AR games. Keep up the great work, bringing us quality AR experiences.

Amersonjr2YAHOO said:

May 22nd, 11:29 am

the vita apps is geting bigger

Amersonjr2YAHOO said:

May 22nd, 11:32 am

ok when will we get folder we only can get 100 apps on ps vita how are we gone get more space weneed folder if can get folder we can have many apps as we want with 32 or 16 GB

tusunami said:

May 22nd, 12:01 pm

This is awesome more AR games for the Ps Vita!!!!!!!!!!!

razor_sharp84 said:

May 22nd, 12:34 pm

This looks a lot like the hacking minigame in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Elvick_ said:

May 22nd, 12:48 pm

Yay, more AR games… maybe I’ll see if I can find a real 02 card on ebay or something to replace my duplicate 01.

If they keep making AR games, then I’ll have to. Makeshift cards don’t work for my OCD.

PBrudz said:

May 22nd, 1:49 pm

Any chance this will be playable on a PSP with the camera attachment?

BlueBl1zzard said:

May 22nd, 2:06 pm

Looks cool, it reminds me of the Reflection game for android :) I’m glad they are making more AR games. I hope we see some AR usage with actual retail and PSN games (like the wipeout ship viewer app thing they showed off a while ago)

GreatDenster said:

May 22nd, 4:41 pm

Finally, I’ve been waiting for this game till I saw that clip. Will this game, along with all AR games, be free? or will we have to pay?
Keep up the good work you guys!

tonictoucher said:

May 22nd, 6:33 pm

OMGoodness, does anyone speak straight english here? Got a headache reading these comments. This game looks fun, but I hope its free. I really dont wanna spend too much money(if any at all) on a game that could and probably would get repetitive. Being repetitve doesnt make it boring, but it sure can make you feel like you wasted your money. Any word on wether or not there will be more AR cards in play in the future? I think that would be a great way to keep AR in interest. Kinda sucks to have to carry the cards around with you though. Espaecially when they warn you to not let them get bent before the game starts everytime.

icurafuse said:

May 22nd, 7:34 pm

After discovering how awesome the Tank game is, I’m really looking forwards to this. :) Keep the cheap AR games coming please!

Incagneto said:

May 22nd, 9:29 pm

I’m still waiting for the AR game showed way back called Pocket Garden (working title).

iTofuMan said:

May 22nd, 9:56 pm

i remember seeing these when the Vita was about to come out. Personally i cannot wait for it. especially since it will be one of the first games i own that uses the ar cards.

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

Shaun Wharton said:

May 23rd, 4:23 pm

If you haven’t already, give Table Soccer, Cliff Diving, and Fireworks a try. All three are free on the PSN and use the AR Play Cards. Of course, give Table Top Tanks a spin too!

Dessron said:

May 23rd, 12:27 am

It looks awesome. Can we expect the same kind of pricing as with Table Top Tanks? It would be great to have more low-priced games on Vita (it would show iOS lovers that Vita too can have awesome, low-priced games)

Shaun Wharton's Avatar

Shaun Wharton said:

May 23rd, 4:21 pm

Yes, expect the same price point!

AizawaYuuichi said:

May 23rd, 1:17 am

That’s what I forgot to purchase this morning. I need to go grab Table Top Tanks from the PS Store! It looks like it’ll be really fun.

Now as for this title… I have to hand it to the devs. The graphics in the images look really darn pretty. If this, and future AR games, can be priced at $2-$3, it’ll definitely be a #gamechanger for the Vita, as far as it being competition for iDevices. I’ve been more than happy with the retail/PSN offerings so far, but these cheap, fun little AR games bring a whole different experience to the table (lol). Can’t wait! :D

Elvick_ said:

May 23rd, 6:22 am

I’m all for more cheap games on PSN. Especially for PS Vita. So if this is cheap like Table Top Tanks, I’ll definitely find a replacement for my 02 card.

I hope that Sony is working on getting a bunch of iOS developers on board for the system. Angry Birds Mini seems to do well, based on the new Pulse. I’d imagine that an actual touch supported Angry Birds for PS Vita would do way better.

Sparkz92 said:

May 23rd, 7:00 am

Sounds awesome. Any word on the price?

shortyvs said:

May 23rd, 8:46 am

This actually looks pretty cool. If it’s only $2 like battle tanks I’m in.

XINTSUAI-BR said:

May 23rd, 6:19 pm

Table Top Tank os Awesome, I recommend to everyone that try to Play in multiplayer.
The price point is perfect, I have a IPhone and a IPad, but If I have a option (low price)
I always prefer to purchase games on VITA, that has decent controlls, mg friend list and
trophies.

I hope that others devs wake up to this, and Release more casual games at this price.