Final Fantasy XV

May 24

May 24

LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita: A Peek Behind the Curtain

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar Posted by Community Coordinator, Tarsier Studios

We know that it’s been all-too-quiet on the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita front lately, so we are pleased to share some very exciting news with you all…Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to introduce the lovely box art for Sackboy’s latest adventure!

LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita: Box Art

But wait, there’s more! We know many of you have asked for more video footage of the game, so we created a brand new featurette which will give you all a look behind the curtain of LBP for PS Vita. Enjoy!

Remember to follow LittleBigPlanet on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest news.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 24th, 8:06 am

Thx for the update. Day 1 purchase for me. Will u be able to preorder digitally cus I’d prefer that? Also hope I get into the beta!

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 24th, 8:09 am

Also is this game called “LittleBigPlanet” or “LittleBigPlanet PSVita” then?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 24th, 8:18 am

It’s called LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Or to be more precise LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita. :)

xTurmoilZz said:

May 24th, 8:12 am

Cool. I’ll pre-order this game once it gets a release date. I also hope I can get into the beta.

JimmyHACK said:

May 24th, 8:13 am

Can’t wait for Simon to hit send on the North American beta invites

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 24th, 8:30 am

It won’t be me who does the button pressing, but I can tell you that they will be send soon. Not this week, but very soon. :)

Slaysme said:

May 24th, 8:17 am

This is why I bought a vita. Thanks for some info!

vanwinkle said:

May 24th, 8:20 am

Boxart is fantastic. Not a big fan of the title, though. Can’t say enough about how great the visuals are. I have faith in Tarsier and Double Eleven? What role is each studio playing by the way?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 24th, 8:53 am

Glad you like the box art!

Double Eleven are our technology partner and I have to say they are doing an amazing job!
    Tarsier has the creative responsibility and the overall responsibility for the whole game.

That’s the short explanation, anyway. :)

shortyvs said:

May 24th, 8:20 am

Looks cool. I feel like creating levels will be much easier on the Vita. That’s what I’m most curious about.

kongman15 said:

May 24th, 8:23 am

soo when are the beta codes coming-out because i know im not the only one that wants to play this game.

sent via psvita.

Goldrusher said:

May 24th, 8:25 am

Very stupid decision to not give it a unique title. This will hurt the sales badly.
The average customer will see this on the shelves and think it’s a simple port of the PS3 original.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, seriously?

chaindrive30 said:

May 24th, 8:28 am

Nice can’t wait the game looks good so far! Loved the first two LBP’s expect this to be just as great!

dimy93 said:

May 24th, 8:31 am

@9 yep verry stupid title
will there be demo?
what is the price point?

Zookey said:

May 24th, 8:35 am

Hehe in one sense box art doesn’t matter to me–downloading day 1 man!! This is one of the reasons I saved up/splurged for a 32 gig card ;-)

Zookey said:

May 24th, 8:36 am

By very soon for the beta–any chance before E3? I’d love to play the beta on the plane! My brother and I make intense LBP roller coasters (check out our latest StarHawk The Ride http://lbp.me/v/8rb1h3) and I’m itching to recreate our wheel housings and prefab pieces in LBPPSV!

remanutd5 said:

May 24th, 8:37 am

oh my god 4 players online multiplayer FTW!!!!!!

Squiggle55 said:

May 24th, 8:38 am

I think this will be my first LBP platinum. Having not many games to play on Vita, being able to play in bed, the portable experience is a little more individual (on the last 2 games we always played the game together, leaving no time for building levels and playing online) — all of these things make me confident this will be platinumed. This is also one of the few franchises I would preorder and upgrade to a collector’s edition if available.

Elvick_ said:

May 24th, 8:54 am

The naming scheme is definitely flawed with LBP. People even thought LBP PSP was just a gimped port of LBP… and people will lump this in with a port too.

Hopefully you market it well and say in the commercial that Sackboy is on an *all new adventure* to help lessen the ignorance.

Elvick_ said:

May 24th, 8:55 am

Regardless, this definitely has what it takes to become the definitive LBP. PS Vita offers a lot for the LBP universe, and I’m looking forward to finally being able to play it.

D-Squad3 said:

May 24th, 9:12 am

That Sackboy is what we should’ve got in LBP CE, but instead we got a cheap stiff one. :(

Any I hope I get into the beta!

luvtoseek said:

May 24th, 9:59 am

I don’t mind the name. Let the LBP series run wild on every device w/ one name- very easy to comprehend. The DLCs are unique & keeps the franchise fresh & alive for everyone. Sony should develop an Andriod/iOS/Windows app that expands the LPB IP. A simple design app, by no means level building though. The only nitpick I have is the inclusion of the “Vita” on the title. But it’s not a huge blunder- anyone see that awful Batman: AC Game of the Year cover? What a mess…!

If there was a Collector’s Ed (1st for the Vita? :]), I’ll probably forego the digital version. Come on, give it to us fans!! 8)

Thanks again for the video, Simon!

SKeRJ said:

May 24th, 11:28 am

Can’t wait, it’ll be an infinite handheld game.

iTofuMan said:

May 24th, 11:33 am

i really hope i get into beta for this. it does seem like a great game, and coming from someone who owns all the LBP games they release (1,2,psp) i want to continue my support with the Vita version. it would be nice as a fan of the series to get into the beta. i signed up, but i know they only have a set number they give out. hopefully im one of them!

akibake said:

May 24th, 11:35 am

I’m playing through the PSP version of LBP on my Vita, and that in itself is an impressive console-length, feature rich game. Yet, the sharp, high-definition visuals in this promo far exceed the former portable title, and the character design looks really special – indeed beyond even Media Molecule. With the extra sensors and twin sticks on the Vita, I would expect that this game is going to be really fabulous. I hope I get an invitation for the beta.

Hunting_Pa said:

May 24th, 12:03 pm

Got this on pre-order and paid for. Now I just need the release date. My PS Vita is HUNGRY!

KirbyIsAwesome said:

May 24th, 12:58 pm

AWESOME!!! This will definitely be the best LBP game yet! The level design is even better than in LBP2! I’m so excited for this game. Creation will be so much easier and just having a portable console-quality LBP game is amazing. This game can’t come sooner enough! I really hope I get in invitation to the beta :D

One more thing, could you guys talk more about or show what the new tools would be like? I’m dying to find out XD

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 24th, 4:32 pm

Sure, we can talk more about new tools! Anything is specific you’d like to know more about? :)

lisatsunami said:

May 24th, 2:28 pm

I am definitely getting this. I got the Psp game as my outage gift, but hated it. But on day 1, I transferred to my Vita & it’s great. What a difference real controls make. An LBP created for the Vita will probably be the killer Vita app.

About the box art, the one you showed @ E3, the recreation of the Michelangelo painting, was simply the best idea ever. You should have stuck with that.

thunderbear said:

May 24th, 3:04 pm

Amazing how good it looks on the Vita. Basically on par with the PS3 version and once you see it on the Vita screen I bet it will look even better than blown up to full screen on a monitor.

massimodo said:

May 24th, 5:09 pm

Would like to get more info on the create functions and also the online multiplayer aspects of the game. This video seemed more about how MM feels the vita version is in good hands than anything else.

Cjx324 said:

May 24th, 6:26 pm

Guys, stop complaining about th name, at least they didn’t go the Katamari route and name it “Touch My Sackboy”

And, this game (and gravity rush) is the reason I got a vita, I hope I can get a beta code! And I can’t wait to play it later this year! And by the way, I can’t tell the difference between these graphics and little big planet 2, are they both built on the same engine? If so, that’s incredible. If not, the graphics still look amazing.

I am really excited to see how this turns out. Day 1 buy f or me.

P.S. I’ve had this on preorder since the day you announced it… Yep, you heard, ermm, read me. LOL

KirbyIsAwesome said:

May 24th, 6:49 pm

I was thinking anything pertaining to the gameplay and the story levels, like how LBP2 added the grappling hook and the power glove (along with others of course!). I just want to know if there is anything new like that, and maybe what it is. :) And maybe if there are new creation tools (more options for programming, being able to tweak water and gravity more, maybe even some new ones). I just can’t wait to find out more about this game lol!

JONGREY said:

May 24th, 7:08 pm

I’ll buy this game… but I have to know, how many layers are there to construct with? in the video i can only see two thick and, three thin. (like LBP PSP)

DarkOne_PR said:

May 24th, 7:54 pm

I LOVE the box art! buying it day one! Still The name… LBP PSVita? uuufff horrible! why cant just seek a name that fits and more memorable… like LBP Sackboy’s Trip/Journey? <<<< EEEH! a winner right there! XD Hell do a contest like Modnation Racers did if u have to! dont make the same error as PlayStation ALL STARS BATTLE ROYAL….

Apart of that LOVING IT! cant wait to play this online! :)

etur0 said:

May 24th, 9:40 pm

@Elvick_ exactly that is what I that lbp psp was just a port of the ps3 version so I never bought then I got the game for free and found out that it wasn’t

and that is what allot of people are thinking about most games on the vita is that they are just a port of the ps3 version which some are but most aren’t

jds07 said:

May 24th, 10:53 pm

Is there a final release date for this game yet? I’m ready to add this to my library.

S/N: I don’t know why people are complaining about port games. I can understand if people don’t want play the same game over again from the console version, but what about the people only has the handle? Right now, the Vita is the only thing close to a PS3 I have access to. My console is 2000 miles away at home. So, if I can get a PS3 game on the Vita, I’ll be all ears for it. Port or not. Plus, how can you expect to have cross platform play without port or revamped games? It’s not possible. Sure the first couple titles didn’t have cross play, but the all new games coming out are starting to have that as a standard feature.

thegamefreakman said:

May 24th, 11:35 pm

wooo this video is so heart worming i cant wait to play the beta

subject98 said:

May 25th, 1:43 am

Definitely buying this day one. It’s looking better and better so I bet it’ll be worth the wait.

Chazprime said:

May 25th, 3:51 am

Looking forward to this… this game is the reason I bought my Vita :)

Glad to see that you’ve added story characters in this version, that was my favorite addition to LBP2. More videos showcasing the new tools would be nice to see as well… supposedly there are tools not yet announced? :)

ihatemath113 said:

May 25th, 7:45 am

This will have REAL multiplayer right? (Like LBP 1 and 2)

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 26th, 12:56 am

Yes, there will be. There will even be shared-screen mini-games, so you can play with your friends on one PS Vita.

mr_chun said:

May 25th, 9:11 am

Can’t wait. I hope I get into the beta so I can start playing sooner haha!

THE-UNKNOWN-ONE said:

May 25th, 9:15 am

Well the box art does seem lovely indeed, and just from this I can see the story characters, levels and brand new adventure unfolding! I just love how it’s the Craftworld design with a whole adventure growing off of it. What really draws me in is the new features that the game supports because of the Vita. There is so many more possibilities to the levels and tools with breathe-taking visuals. It truly is a fantastic job that Tarsier Studios have/are doing. It seems like a great experience, and it looks like this can be “the” game for PSVita. In my opinion, the title seems just fine the way it is, it’s Little Big Planet, anyone can say it and it’s bound to put a smile on my face. As a player and creator, i’m more then happy to be able to play, create and share anywhere instead of just at home and I can’t wait we as the community will do!

Ethereal said:

May 25th, 9:41 am

Day one guys. Keep up the awesome work!

GoddessYurlee said:

May 25th, 10:37 am

I can’t wait for this game ill be Geting my PS vita Next week well ill be order on the 7th and haveign devilyerd next day this one of th many reason why i desied to get the vita early then planed was gonan get for th hoilday one for me and my wife but were gonan get them now have them early so we can play this and othre games like Disgaea 3 and such :D just got a 320 gb ps3 and a new psp to i love sony

yorname said:

May 25th, 12:37 pm

The game is looking fantastic! One question, will we be able to have the same controls over sackboy as we do on the PS3? arm movement, head movement, and pelvic movement?

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 26th, 12:58 am

Yes, you can totally wave your hands and shake your head.

sweetlight said:

May 25th, 1:34 pm

I’m so excited for this game wow this looks great! I wonder what the sack was talking about hitting his head on in the video? crazy game Little big planet rules!!!

snobordir said:

May 25th, 7:23 pm

I’d really like to watch the video…too bad I’m using my vita to view this, and can’t…..

PSVFabian said:

May 26th, 3:14 am

When will you send the keys for the beta to Europe, Germany?

This game looks fantastic, can´t wait to play it :)

ToxicBerserker said:

May 26th, 4:39 am

I cannot wait until this comes out, hopefully I’m a selected beta tester.

By the way Simon, will Little Big Planet PS Vita have Music Sequencers? I enjoyed making music on LBP2 and I would like to know if we can still do this on this new LBP game.

I’d really appreciate if you replied, thanks!

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 26th, 7:31 am

Yep, the Music Sequencer is in the game. So you will be able to create music on the go soon! :)

Imputed7-14 said:

May 26th, 6:15 am

So looking forward to this one. I have SO many ideas for gyro and touch screen. Now, if I could only find a spare $300 hiding in the cushions of the couch.

Magicman354_ said:

May 26th, 7:42 am

Will LBP: PS Vita support background music/custom soundtracks? Playing your own music while crafting levels would be awesome!

leithal7 said:

May 26th, 10:17 am

Important Question: This game has 3 in game LAYERS to build, and play in-between, right?
The 2 layers in PSP LPB were dissapointing…

Simon Rosenkotter's Avatar

Simon Rosenkotter said:

May 26th, 1:31 pm

Yep, three thick and four thin layers as usual. :)

PAGE 1 2