PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jun 22

Jun 22

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad Speeds to PSN Tuesday at 1080p, 60 fps

Robb Rinard's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, 2XL Games

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

Hey PlayStation.Blog! We’re pretty stoked to be able to say that our digital racing title, Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad, is nearing the finish line and will be launching on PlayStation Network next Tuesday, June 26. We’ve been hard at work on this fantastic and surprisingly deep arcade-style racer for quite some time now. Now buckle up and I’ll explain why you should you be interested in Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad.

First of all, as some of you may know, 2XL Games has a very strong racing game development pedigree. Many of our lead programmers and artists worked on the MX vs. ATV series and here at 2XL have put out several extremely successful racing apps and games. We are proud to be among the premier racing game developers.

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

What makes a top quality racing game? Having fun learning how to master the driving physics, then using that mastery to find the fastest line around the track. Since you’re driving on dirt, this game is all about learning to power slide your vehicle around the corners while staying on that perfect line. Start your turns a bit sooner than you think and slide through that apex to hit your marks!

Secondly, we’ve put a ton of effort, thought, and man-hours in to ensuring that this is one of the most polished arcade racing experiences available. Everything in the game is fully 1080p, supports 5.1 Dolby Digital and all runs at a super smooth and crisp 60 frames per second. We call it “Liquid Color” because everything flows fluidly past you once you hit top speed. Keep upgrading your top speed, because the faster you go, the more visceral your experience!

Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad for PS3 (PSN)

We’ve also thrown a lot of extra elements and features to provide more depth and replayability. The Career mode follows Jeremy’s bid for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series championship, and allows you to pick your rig from a wide variety. The further you progress in the game, the more you can upgrade your ride to your specific driving style by beefing up your handling, top speed, acceleration and braking. All of the varied environments feature dynamic obstacles such as breakable fences, rock slides, falling trees and more – no two races are ever alike!

And of course, which racing game worth its salt would be complete without a robust multiplayer and the ability to leave your friends in your virtual dust? In Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad you can compete with up to eight racers online, then track your progress with real-time statistics tracking and a deep leaderboard system.

There’s more than I have room to write about, but rest assured that Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad brings a lot to the table, especially with a modest $9.99 price tag. There’s a dearth of quality offroad racing titles on the market currently, and our talented and experienced team is filling that void with Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad. Again, we’re launching next Tuesday so definitely check it out – see you off road!

Add Your Own

whatisdelicious said:

June 22nd, 10:36 am

Yo, if it ain’t Ivan ‘Ironman’ Stewart’s Super Off Road, I don’t care.

themajestic-2 said:

June 22nd, 10:37 am

nice nice another game…sony your really breaking me….eh rent can wait

whatisdelicious said:

June 22nd, 10:37 am

No offense, of course.

gm914 said:

June 22nd, 10:38 am

Looks amazing and you can’t beat $9.99.
A great digital offroad game like this and I can say goodbye to the Dirt franchise for good, with their incomplete games and modes I don’t even want to play. Bravo!

Will there be a demo for those on the fence to try out?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 22nd, 5:00 pm

Sorry, we didn’t create a demo version for this one. Check out the trailer; it is all gameplay footage and should give you a good idea of what to expect.

siegfried07 said:

June 22nd, 10:42 am

MX VS ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 P2P races back in the ps2 were amazing theres is somthing like that in this game,

Dustinwp said:

June 22nd, 10:43 am

I love me some off road racing! Will there be a demo? How many tracks are available in career mode? Will there be vehicle damage? And if so, will it affect your handling?

Thanks! :)

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 22nd, 5:08 pm

Sorry, no demo. There are 23 different races in the career mode spread across 6 unique tracks. No vehicle damage in this one or handling impacts. You do have 3 unique handling choices to pick from for each vehicle, as well as upgrades.

tbm0987 said:

June 22nd, 10:54 am

hot shots golf world invitational 1.04 update “PLEASE”

DoTheKiller91 said:

June 22nd, 11:35 am

I’ve seen the trailer, looks ok but ill stick with DiRT and MotorStorm.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 22nd, 5:10 pm

Good choices for sure. Our goal was to at least compete with them and do it for under $10. :)

SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT said:

June 22nd, 11:36 am

Looks sweet for $60 let alone $10!

One question: Trophies?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 22nd, 5:11 pm

Yes, we’ve got Trophies!! :)

PainOfSarrow said:

June 22nd, 1:07 pm

saw the trailers i think this actualy looks pretty good. i like how hugee rocks roll into the road. i just got motorstorm 3d rift for 9.99. its a freaking blasttttt. i dont mind another dirt road racer so il probly buy this next tuesday.

devilmosh said:

June 22nd, 5:22 pm

Without a demo, it’s too hard to tell how well a racing game really plays until the reviews come in, and ten bucks is still a lot of money in my house to spend blindly, I’m afraid. I searched for trailers on YouTube and in addition to them (which reminded me of old sega arcade racing), I found one xbox review of a demo that trashed it, so I’ll wait.

vanwinkle said:

June 22nd, 6:12 pm

Nice. Get this thing on Vita, my friend!

RydogV said:

June 22nd, 8:14 pm

Hmmm…I think I will definitely check this out. Will it support my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel? Regardless, you can’t beat a $10 price point. Ever since I watched “Dust to Glory” I have searching for a great off-road racer. The Dirt and various “Baja” games never delivered for me. I hope this is the one :)

Axecution said:

June 22nd, 9:10 pm

Yeah i’d buy it for Vita lol not PS3 though

FireGuy13 said:

June 23rd, 4:41 am

I got kinda excited when this was “accidentaly” put on this weeks store update. The trailer was good, and really piqued my interest. Just glad to hear that it will be out next week. Got plenty of funds in the ol’ wallet, so I will be getting this.

mJ_mSv said:

June 23rd, 8:31 am

Will this be for US only, or will you release it in Europe too?, I hope it will have a platinium trophy aswell! :)
But it’s a buy Anyway, I love racing games, and this looks good at a wery good price too :)
Just wondering if it’s any reason for waiting for a Europe release, or if I should buy it from the US store right away! :)

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 25th, 5:45 pm

The Euro release will be delayed some so I would grab it from the US store.

Nikos said:

June 23rd, 2:10 pm

Looks like a ton of fun from the trailer and, for $9.99, it’s a steal!

SlyCooperFan100 said:

June 23rd, 2:41 pm

If no one’s going to make the joke….

Any relation to Cole McGrath?

*shot*

Mudvayne_I5 said:

June 23rd, 4:19 pm

Will There Be A Option To Drive Either A Manual Or Automatic?

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 25th, 5:46 pm

No, this version will be automatic only.

R--T--A said:

June 23rd, 4:55 pm

Need a GOOD off road game with a competative/multiplayer option, always good to see some good offroad racing, but i agree with the Ivan ‘Iron Man”: stewart comment” IN DESPERATE NEED OF A MX/SX Game made by EA….. ASAP!

PlSSmyPANTS said:

June 23rd, 5:33 pm

THIS….. were to begin… Let me retort by saying this in the most respectful way i can, This game is the most offence slander i have ever seen the very sight of this makes me weep i can not believe how things like this make it on the internet or how this could even been thought of YOU SIR ARE RUDE AND YOU NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR SUCH ACTS OF DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE, no but really i’m just joking this game looks alright i”ll probably get it, and i’m sorry i just wanted to catch you off guard.

KILLA_SQUALL said:

June 24th, 12:25 am

Nice! For $10 i’ll most definitely be buying this. Looks kinda like the Dirt franchise racers. Not to veer off topic but does anyone know when episode 2 of the walking dead game will come out? I’t was supposed to drop 2 months ago and i cant find any info anywhere on why it hasnt been released or when it will.

sha-near said:

June 24th, 10:35 am

Very nice fellas! Been waiting for more console racing action from you all since I finished Baja: EOC years ago. Been a wild ride watching this games development over the last year. So glad it’s finally here

supvic said:

June 24th, 2:12 pm

Your XLR8 for Cats video, despite having nothing to do with this, makes me want to purchase this even more. EPIC LOLS!

racedriving said:

June 25th, 9:45 am

I’ve tried this game on XBLA. Great frame rate and performance :)

Is it possible to disable the counter-steering assist? I think it’s a bit pointless and makes driving to easy!

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 26th, 3:52 pm

Select the “Fast, Slippery Tires” option when choosing your ride and that will give you more control. You can also adjust the steering sensitivity in the Options menu.

smthng said:

June 25th, 6:20 pm

I’d really like to see a demo for this, even if only one track… any racing game is a complete gamble if we can’t check out the physics before committing.

furiosomarron said:

June 26th, 2:50 am

i would love to use my g27 with it but no manual transmission no play.

MLT24 said:

June 26th, 11:48 am

So which wheels will be supported?

MLT24 said:

June 26th, 11:49 am

Oh, and will wheels be supported, or is this controller only since it is an arcade racer at heart.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 26th, 3:32 pm

Yes, wheels are supported! :)

Gunthaar said:

June 27th, 7:09 am

Eversince I got trophies from this game, no matter how many times I sync them, they never register online. Everytime I try to access my profile, I have to sync them again but they don’t appear…

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 27th, 5:42 pm

This was an issue on the Sony side that should now be resolved. It might take a few hours for their change to get through the entire system though.

Darkrage1138 said:

June 27th, 10:05 am

Will rally be single car tight track type racing or multiple car racing? also just to give you some applause, i was planning on buying GT5 PSP but as soon as i saw that trailer and the cars flipping around i decided to get this instead.

Robb Rinard's Avatar

Robb Rinard said:

June 27th, 5:44 pm

In rally mode, you are racing against the clock to each checkpoint. While you may encounter other vehicles on the track, you aren’t racing them directly. It’s all about beating the fastest time to each checkpoint.

MLT24 said:

June 27th, 10:26 am

Do you have a list of wheels supported?

I have the older version of the Logitech Driving Force GT, it is the Logitech Driving Force Pro. It is supported by GT5, Dirt3, etc., is it supported in this new game? Please some one tell me they have the Logitech Driving Force Pro,

and the wheel works with this game.

shiro-ltp-809 said:

June 27th, 10:49 am

@ 30 I got same problem you have i trying to sync my trophies like 6 time and nothing but but the way the game is really good and fun to playing i really happy with the game but 2XL GAMES need to fix this problem right away.