God of War

Jul 19

Jul 19

Ellen Page and David Cage Dive Into the World of Beyond

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

PlayStation always strives to deliver engaging performances for its titles by utilizing incredible talent. Who can forget Nolan North’s performance as UNCHARTED’s Nathan Drake? BEYOND: Two Souls pushes immersion to the next level by pairing top Hollywood talent with the latest in full performance capture technology.

At last week’s San Diego Comic-Con, I sat down with Academy Award nominee Ellen Page, who’s playing the lead role of Jodie Holmes, and Quantic Dream writer/director David Cage. How did the star of films like Juno and Inception come to work with Quantic Dream in BEYOND: Two Souls? And what does this level of talent mean for the game? Let them tell you:

To see more from BEYOND: Two Souls, and meet some of the game’s other talent (including Kadeem Hardison), catch highlights from the Comic-Con panel here.

Add Your Own

io-knight said:

July 19th, 9:19 am

I like that QD is really trying to push the envelope of the cinematic experience in gaming, but I’m concerned that the technology is still not capable. I usually don’t have any issues with the uncanny valley, but I couldn’t help but think how unnatural the Ellen Page character looked during the E3 Demo. All the same, I can’t wait to see how this turns out.

Goddess_Katheryn said:

July 19th, 9:31 am

I’m really excited for games like these. Ever since playing games like Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, I’ve been hooked by David Cage’s works!

D-Squad3 said:

July 19th, 9:59 am

Only on PlayStation people, we can only get these games on PlayStation. I hope they “Never Stop”.

djml9 said:

July 19th, 10:16 am

@1 i agree that at e3, she looked unnatural, but u could see the the only thing that had been worked on was the face. all the other pictures ive seen show a more completed jodie who looks completely natural and down right real. e3 was an early stage used to show the concept and facial detail, but theyre workin hard and its already lookin better.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

July 19th, 10:32 am

Hey Jeff, that was a great interview with really good questions. It’s probably the best one that I’ve seen you do and certainly the best interview that I’ve seen for this game.

pody said:

July 19th, 10:33 am

Very good questions and interview, Jeff. It’s probably not every day you get to talk to a big movie star like Ellen Page. You handled yourself very well.

I’m glad you guys gave us more from Comic-Con other then that little panel video the other day. I wanted to know more. It’s so intriguing.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 19th, 11:00 am

What you couldn’t see is that I was spinning my chair around in the beginning and knocked Ellen’s knee, so I had to cross my legs to stop from doing that.

Thanks for the compliment!

FreshRevenge said:

July 19th, 10:33 am

Not to say anything bad but I don’t find Ellen Page at all appealing. She looks like Punky Brewster for some reason?

FreshRevenge said:

July 19th, 10:48 am

did think the interview was Good, Beyond Two Souls is on my watch list.

Miggy11 said:

July 19th, 11:11 am

Ellen Page is smart and sexy, whats not to like.

admiral2150 said:

July 19th, 11:29 am

is anybody else having problems signing into psn I have been getting signed out since last night and changed my password 3 times since last night anybody know whats going on?

PainOfSarrow said:

July 19th, 11:37 am

i aggree with miggy. shes smart, mature, classy and sexyyy.

FreshRevenge said:

July 19th, 12:06 pm

Jeff aren’t you married? I thought I saw a ring on your finger. Knee touching, was there a spark?

L1ftedResearch_ said:

July 19th, 1:00 pm

Ellen Page is an incredible actress. When Jodie says “Tell them to leave me the **** alone, or next time, I’ll kill everyone” i get chills every time.

Satnamji said:

July 19th, 1:15 pm

I was also glad to see more of Ellen and David than just the Comic-Con panel discussion, so thanks for the great follow-up interview.

It is a little frustrating, however, getting teased like this for a game that won’t be out until some yet-to-be determined time in 2013. I just hope the next thing I hear about BEYOND is an official release date.

Ellen Page is the type of actress who will make me watch movies I wouldn’t normally watch, so getting a Quantic Dream-made video game featuring her is a no brainer in my book.

Xer0Signal said:

July 19th, 1:27 pm

I kinda love how she punctuates each syllable of every word.

Can’t wait for this one.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

July 19th, 2:15 pm

yo jeff you LUCKY guy!! :DD
Ellen page is just so beautiful and brillant <3
David Cage is just fuc**n awesome!
really want to play that game, cool interview jeff!

Ethereal said:

July 19th, 2:37 pm

I love her and David. I am so ready for this.

lisatsunami said:

July 19th, 3:35 pm

This game is one of my most eagerly anticipated. I know some people get mad that the other console gets the timed, early DLC (COD & Skyrim, for example) but only the biggest troll would disagree that Playstation wins anyway because of the many great exclusive games.

I’m going on Beyond blackout. I want to be totally surprised.

pw_vlribeiro said:

July 19th, 4:51 pm

Ellen is such a cutie! She is trully a great actress and I think this game will be amazing. Looking forward to play it.

Mr_Bipolar said:

July 19th, 5:34 pm

Jeff Rubenstein : Well done on the interview with the very adorable Ellen Page.

Other note. Ellen Page is an epic actress And very sexy..

JEC94 said:

July 19th, 6:12 pm

Can’t wait.

NeoMahi said:

July 19th, 6:19 pm

Sony… So, why have you not yet acquired Quantic Dream? Do they have to first prove themselves with ‘Beyond?’ They really can only do so much as a developer but its largely upon your part to give them what they need in terms of exposure. Having them on the PlayStation blog is great is all but, you’re user-base for PS3 users is only so big. You’ve got to give this game more attention than you’ve given others. Proper and plenty of advertising without surprising gamers with: “HEY! This is coming out in a month.” Don’t crowd their space either. Do it at a time when gamers will have the money to buy it. Not try and decide. We’re all for Quantic Dream joining the PlayStation family but, if this souly rides on them, you’re looking at it all wrong and from past games, need to send your marketing team back to the drawing board, or erase them and start over. What is this, 1952? Times have changed. I do wish todays marketing for games was more like Sega with the Genesis but, Sony Quantic Dream needs this from you, and you need them.

joeyrpger said:

July 19th, 10:14 pm

Ellen Page is okay, definitely not an actress to overlook. Now that GameStop is accepting preorders, I getting this one ASAP. I just hope it isn’t released too close to another TBA release data I already preordered like The Last of Us, because I can’t afford to spend $120 on just two video games in a month.

Hooligantuan said:

July 19th, 11:17 pm

Hope this works out. Terrible title, though.

Not as bad as Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, but it’s a good example of how we all could do with less subtitles in our media.

nerffan1 said:

July 20th, 1:17 am

OmG she looks so pretty with long hair. I’m in love man

good_joker said:

July 20th, 8:00 am

playstation have my admiration when work games like this,continue the good work guys

deafwing said:

July 20th, 8:10 am

not sure on the choice of actress for this game; just don’t like this girl … any who game looks interesting

cainanbrazil said:

July 21st, 12:06 pm

Graphic Excellent, equal to Heavy Rain…
I want very, very much the Heavy Rain 2… PLEASE!!!

annatar3 said:

July 21st, 10:47 pm

I am looking forward to this. Sometimes games like Heavy Rain are fun to play because they are so different. Good change of pace (especially to those of us that play alot of game).

Good interview.