PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 19

Jul 19

PlayStation Blogcast 034: BEYOND Borderlands 2

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

We’re celebrating Dyad launch week here at PlayStation.Blog, so we welcome the game’s creator Shawn McGrath into Sid‘s vacant, but still warm chair. Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford talks Borderlands 2 in an interview, and details the improvements that PS3 owners will notice in the sequel. And I catch up with Kadeem Hardison, who at San Diego Comic-Con was unveiled to join Ellen Page as a character in BEYOND: Two Souls. He was in A Different World!

As you’ve come to expect, we’ll reveal next week’s PSN new releases, share PlayStation user tips, and answer your player queries. Anybody got a Dark Knight Rises ticket you’re not using?

Stuff We Talked About

• The Dark Knight Rises
  • Dyad is out now
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • How IMAX works
  • Dodgers 5, Phillies 3 (F/12 innings)
  • Fake Gene Shalit
  • Jeff for BlogcastOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey GutierrezOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick Suttner
    Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Shawn McGrathOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Randy PitchfordOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Dwayne Wayne

The Cast

• Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
  • Shawn McGrath – Creator of Dyad
  • Kadeem Hardison – “Cole Freeman” in BEYOND: Two Souls
  • Randy Pitchford – CEO and President of Gearbox Software
  • [Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game
    details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating
    descriptions.]

Come back, Sid!

Add Your Own

KILLO31 said:

July 19th, 2:51 pm

Borderlands 2 <3

Shrapnel__ said:

July 19th, 2:52 pm

Can someone please list the start time of the Borderlands 2 talk/interview?

-Thanks

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

July 19th, 3:02 pm

Are we that unbearable to listen to??

Don’t answer that. It’s at about 17:00.

Victoryismine52 said:

July 19th, 3:06 pm

I don’t normally listen but I saw Borderlands 2 so I’m in.

Can you tell me if Borderlands 2 will be released on PSN at launch and if so if it will include access to the premier club?
    I own the first on PSN and like the idea of adding this to my digital library but won’t give up being able to play this day one if it’s not coming so I want to know so i can preorder it if not. Thanks

Victoryismine52 said:

July 19th, 3:08 pm

Oh I didn’t know you were on the Podcast Jeff you and your wife make all the mini’s right? I’ll give it a listen then BEYOND

snakeeyes211 said:

July 19th, 3:10 pm

No you guys are not unbearable to listen to lol :-)

DrApollo said:

July 19th, 3:13 pm

My favorite podcast plus Borderlands 2! Perfect winning combo!

SAIYAN98 said:

July 19th, 3:21 pm

When will there be an update for youtube on vita Jeff? I would like to be able to see someone’s channel, a subscribe button, and an automatic refresh on comments.

SiloEyes said:

July 19th, 3:36 pm

Not unbearable to listen to at all.. well, maybe if I hear the words “Farm Fresh” one more time.. j/k j/k ;)

dragon_night said:

July 19th, 3:56 pm

Digitize these on the store

-Bioshock full ps3 game
    – uncharted 3 full ps3 game
    -portal 2 full ps3 game
    -resistance 1-3 full ps3 games
    Killzone HD remake
    -killzone 2-3 full ps3 games
    -skyrim full ps3 game
    -kingdom hearts 1-2 HD collection

SKeRJ said:

July 19th, 4:28 pm

Dwayne Wayne and his forever cool flip-up glasses tell me to listen to this one. Also I hope you guys are fulfilling Pitchford’s wishes (and our own) to get Borderlands 2 on the Vita.

CZ4200 said:

July 19th, 4:42 pm

@9 dragon_night

that kingdom hearts collection should have chain of memories and birth by sleep too

StealthReborn-- said:

July 19th, 4:49 pm

Have a safe “trip” in Dyad Sid, lol. Come back soon! =)

emiru69 said:

July 19th, 4:51 pm

I’m confused about the letters and the tip of the week… Does everyone mentioned on the Podcast gets a Dyad code? How and when do they get the code? thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

July 19th, 5:29 pm

Yep, anyone whose letter or tip (or mystery theme winner) we read gets a code for that week. We send them out via e-mail as soon as we get a chance!

IMEMKU said:

July 19th, 5:01 pm

great podcast i have a question is there any future psn vita games sale? also any news on frobisher says release date?

CZ4200 said:

July 19th, 5:02 pm

we need more creappy eyes. half of the pics are not huge and creappy

PBrudz said:

July 19th, 5:47 pm

I was really hoping for an update about Borderlands 2 for PSVita after Randy Pitchford’s comment earlier this month saying he’d like to see it happen.

DarkSeraphim666 said:

July 19th, 7:29 pm

that sid gif is funny as hell lol

jeffsmither said:

July 19th, 8:31 pm

Any word on Micky mina for PS1 that was suppose to come out 2 weeks ago on psn?

Shrapnel__ said:

July 19th, 9:52 pm

“It’s at about 17:00.”

Deekman said:

July 20th, 7:38 am

Great show. Not sure if this is the best place to request it but can we get Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops working on Vita please?

Deekman said:

July 20th, 7:42 am

@jeffsmither https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/08/the-drop-week-of-july-9th-2012-new-releases/
    They mention here that because it’s a PAL game it’s never coming out in the US store.

jacob_w_18 said:

July 20th, 9:17 am

We would be in “a different world’ if Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops worked on the Vita! PLEASE someone get that game working. DWAYNE WAYNE 4 Life…nevermind!

jacob_w_18 said:

July 20th, 9:19 am

Oh and great blogcast as always! Was distracted by those glasses…

ItaChu said:

July 21st, 4:26 am

Stuff We Talked About: The Dark Knight Rises. ……. Ok ill pass on this podcast until next week when I see it lol you guys went crazy with Prometheus and i dont wanna hear it with batman lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Nick Suttner said:

July 21st, 12:14 pm

Don’t worry, we hadn’t even seen it yet, just talked about going to see it and such, nothing remotely spoilery. I’m pretty crazily anti-spoiler, so anything that’s ever too close will get beeped.

wilk2842079 said:

July 21st, 6:43 am

Borderlands on the VITA <3 Make it happen! it's a system seller !

vanwinkle said:

July 21st, 6:57 pm

The more I listen to this show, the more I realize Sid and I couldn’t possibly have more different tastes in movies, lol.

BlueBl1zzard said:

July 21st, 9:13 pm

Like always great episode, really enjoyed the interviews. I must say I’m really glad I listened, because I was on the fence about getting Dyad, but I trusted in the beards (Nick and Shawn) and picked it up. I’m really enjoying the game so far and I’ll admit it does get pretty challenging, but never frustrating to where you want to throw your controller or break something or the likes. It’s actually kinda like gambling (not that I gamble) in the sense that you either do really bad and have to try again, or get really close and want to try it one more time. To anyone who is considering whether they should get this game, I strongly recommend it.

And I’m pretty proud of myself
    Level 4 (game): 81 place out of 3164 (right now) on the global leaderboards :)

StealthBlade98 said:

July 22nd, 5:43 am

I personally can’t wait for borderlands 2, the first was so much fun unfortunately I didn’t have many people to play it with. I hope i’m able to play the second game with someone :)

Elvick_ said:

July 23rd, 2:00 am

Listening, and I really respect Shawn now. Great attitude.