PlayStation VR

Oct 08

Oct 08

Launch Trailer: Retro City Rampage on PS3, PS Vita Tuesday

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

After months (years?) of anticipation, the big moment is almost here: VBlank Entertainment‘s long-gestating 8-bit open-world homage Retro City Rampage comes to PS3 and PS Vita tomorrow on PSN, complete with the ever-coveted Cross Buy and Cross Save features. Let’s give the freshly released launch trailer a looksee!

If you’ve never heard of Retro City Rampage, a) shame on you and b) I scarcely know where to begin! Imagine jamming all your favorite 8-bit games into a sprawling open world ala Grand Theft Auto and you’ll have a rough sense of this game’s special brand of pixelated magic. Retro City Rampage has more than 60 Story missions that span driving, stealth, platforming, shooting, swimming, and questing (just to name a few) as well as 40 Arcade challenges if you’re in need of a quick release. Looking for more numbers? Try these: 25+ weapons and power-ups, 50+ driveable vehicles, and 2.5 hours of glorious chiptune symphonies. And let’s not forget what might be the most important number of all: $14.99.

Will you be picking up Retro City Rampage tomorrow on PSN? What element of the game are you most interested in trying out? Let us know in the comments!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

snakeeyes211 said:

October 8th, 12:10 pm

Awesome game

Elvick_ said:

October 8th, 12:13 pm

Will I pick it up? Heck yes.

How big is the file size of the game for Vita?

Valde_zerocool said:

October 8th, 12:14 pm

Is there a platinum trophy?

Lord_Rinja said:

October 8th, 12:17 pm

Sid, I’m completely psyched for this game. The fact that its Cross Buy and Cross Play makes it that much sweeter. I can see that the developer put a lot of love into making this game. I wonder what the High Concept Document and Storyboarding was like for all of this. Tomorrow, I am definitely picking this up.

KiXaLoT said:

October 8th, 12:22 pm

Cross Buy and Cross Save…Definitely must buy.

BPinter said:

October 8th, 12:29 pm

Been waiting on this one for a while… Definitely purchasing tomorrow! Love that Cross Buy, and more importantly, Cross Save is included!

MrBendel said:

October 8th, 12:30 pm

W A I T E D F O R E I G H T Y E A R S ! ! ! j/k looks awesome! Can’t wait to play it tomorrow night!!! :D

Chapulin140 said:

October 8th, 12:31 pm

WWOOWWW the Graphics look awesome.!!!

Brink-2-Chaos said:

October 8th, 12:31 pm

But is there a platinum :P Oh and Is this game ever going to come out :P

ATLRoAcH said:

October 8th, 12:31 pm

I’ve been waiting a long time for RCR so I’m definitely picking it up day one. I can’t wait! Buy this game people!

Zerocaps said:

October 8th, 12:35 pm

The wait is almost over!

waylander90232 said:

October 8th, 12:40 pm

I have searched high and very low for trophy information about this game and found none….. You got the trophy list there Sid? It does have trophies right??

Thanks for the post, looks good

NinjaMicWZ said:

October 8th, 12:40 pm

omg so hyped. So hyped.

God bless the man who made Retro City Rampage. Going to be buying this on Vita.

I should have bought one of those LE green vinyls when I had the chance!

Gorvi said:

October 8th, 12:41 pm

This looks fantastic, it really reminds me of the NES games my brother and I played as kids. I’m so happy it’s on the Vita, the game looks like a perfect portable game.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

October 8th, 12:54 pm

*salivating*

This game looks awesome, and cross-buy/cross-save make it even better. This is such a great month for PSN games.

camiwaits_us said:

October 8th, 1:06 pm

Right on! I’m so ready to bring the ruckus on those 8 bits streets.

akibake said:

October 8th, 1:09 pm

Minute-one buy. Congratulations to Brian on the release of this game.

onslaughtree said:

October 8th, 1:10 pm

2 Words…Cross Buy….no no wait. 2 Words…Awesome Sauce….;-)

Monterossa said:

October 8th, 1:14 pm

Gorilla War or whatever it name is, is one of my favorite NES game.

thechrono33 said:

October 8th, 1:27 pm

Looks awesome can’t wait.

cosmis_chaos said:

October 8th, 1:31 pm

You know, it surprising how many games I recognized while watching the videos. I guess I have been gaming a lot longer then I thought. Bionic Commando, Ninja Turtles, Virtual Boy, Guerrilla War, Mario Brothers, Metal Gear, Smash T.V., Paper Boy, Contra. Any chance of any Castlevaina and Mega Man references too.?

JonJonXD said:

October 8th, 2:19 pm

Will definitely be buying this.

I was already going to buy it day one, but the cross buy is huge and makes me want to give him my money even more.

More devs should do this if they are developing for both platforms.

I can’t wait.

Harshevik said:

October 8th, 2:38 pm

that game looks HUGE!! does it come in two catridges?

Ryumoau said:

October 8th, 2:43 pm

plaztiksyke said:

October 8th, 2:44 pm

Absolutely buying it as soon as the store updates. Looks amazingly fun, tons of content, and a great value. The cross buy and cross save is icing on the cake, and really helps justify the price point. (If only Puddle had cross buy and cross saves… *sigh*)

Does the Vita version use rear touch, tilt, or any other specific features?

Matrix_Lion said:

October 8th, 2:50 pm

Retro City Rampage it’s about time play you tomorrow

DaMann22 said:

October 8th, 2:56 pm

Yes finally the wait is over. And I will gladly pay the 15 dollars for it.

blackiemist88 said:

October 8th, 2:58 pm

if it was part of ps+ i would get it buuuut.. $15 seems like alot for this

Brink-2-Chaos said:

October 8th, 3:15 pm

@28 ive played the game its f!@#$ epic

Logan22 said:

October 8th, 3:33 pm

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

T3mpr1x said:

October 8th, 3:37 pm

OMG FINALLY! The wait is almost over! I’ve been looking forward to this game’s release since I first saw footage of it! Congrats to VBlank Entertainment, this game is sure to sell well!

duke301 said:

October 8th, 4:20 pm

This does look like a great game, but not for $15. More than 90% of the games that I’ve bought for $15 have gone on sale at some point after I bought them at half price, or for free on Plus. So I stopped buying PSN games for $15. I’ll wait for the inevitable sale six months to a year from now. I have plenty to play in the meantime, so it isn’t like I absolutely have to have it tomorrow.

portablebr said:

October 8th, 5:53 pm

ff3 will release the vita?

boourns1984 said:

October 8th, 5:56 pm

This game has me more excited than any game in history. It pays homage to so many classics, TMNT for nes, smash tv, contra, back to the future, zelda, etc. The fact it’s available for ps3 and vita is also amazing. It’s so great to have a vita and to be able to play most of my ps1 collection on it and the mini’s. Sony is really onto something with this ps+ subscription service and the cross linking of the stuff you’ve already purchased.

Bcrazyman said:

October 8th, 6:01 pm

hey cant wait to get this game!
also will it buy it get it free also!
buy ps3=vita free? need to know thanks!

JuggaloMars said:

October 8th, 6:46 pm

I’m more than likely picking this up tomorrow but I do plan on playing the demo first. Also, I think I read it’s only around 40mb. Is that correct?

julyvictor said:

October 8th, 7:39 pm

Waited for a long time. Can’t wait to play it.

PainOfSarrow said:

October 8th, 7:49 pm

Grand Theft Auto are my fav games of all time along with God Of War. this looks okay, kind of like a kiddish girl version of GTA. il pick it up once its 5 bucks.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 8th, 8:05 pm

What’s with all these questions about trophies all the time? For @#$% sake! Who cares!

The GAME matters! The GAME! The FUN, the CHALLENGE, the hours of EXPLORING a virtual world, being ENCHANTED by the MUSIC, the CHARACTERS, the ENVIRONMENT… conquering the MISSIONS, OVERCOMING the virtual adversity placed before you, and the REAL REWARD for completing a game… witnessing the ENDING!

GhostMachine1 said:

October 8th, 8:42 pm

Getting this. Hope it’s all what it’s cracked up to be.

Anddo said:

October 8th, 9:03 pm

Finally this is getting released. The game has been done for months, and would have been better served releasing back then.. Nonetheless. I’m buying it anyway, despite a busy gaming schedule.

Poozilla024 said:

October 8th, 9:16 pm

@#9 the top of the article reads Launch Trailer:Retro City Ramapage on PS3 and Vita Tuesday.Please start reading the article instead of the comment board first sir.

Elvick_ said:

October 8th, 9:32 pm

@39: No. All that needs to be said is that the question is stupid, because trophies are mandatory. See the word Mini anywhere in there? Mobile? No? Then It has trophies.

Question is pointless. Like asking if PS3 games support the dualshock 3.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 8th, 9:42 pm

Yeah, Elvick, I agree with you. But apparently not everyone knows that all PS3 games are required to have trophies.

And personally, to me, the more important point to make is the one I tried to make. Trying to remind people why we play games in the first place. The importance being placed on trophies lately has gone way beyond ridiculous. It’s like they care about the trophies more than the game itself, which is… just… absolutely absurd. I’ve read your comments before on this subject, so I know you feel the same way. I’ve got to believe these people aren’t even real gamers, but just confused kids trying to fit in with a certain crowd or something.

Axecution said:

October 8th, 10:34 pm

Cross buy = SOLD =D

Was debating getting this for PC but cross buy 100% changed my mind >.>

Monkey_KING678 said:

October 8th, 11:07 pm

I hope this gets a Discount for PSPlus in November…

PigChampion said:

October 8th, 11:54 pm

Wow theres a lot of cheapy cheapersons in the comments. Pony up the dough ffs. Developers who make awesome games deserve it, and this price is very easy on the wallet.

AizawaYuuichi said:

October 8th, 11:55 pm

Yeah, I’ve only seen people talking about this, hadn’t actually seen any footage or read anything about it, but the name alone had my interest. Now that it’s releasing tomorrow, and we have this awesome trailer, I’m completely sold on it. $15 for what looks to be the most awesome games of the 80s, all under one application? Awesome! Can’t wait to pick this up tomorrow and give it a virtual spin. :D

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

October 9th, 4:29 am

“meh…no way am i spending $15 on something like this. Though this would have made a better free game than king of fighters.”

ohhhh haha that was a great joke. haha ohhhhh haha.

oh wait you was being serious, hahaha

Thiagots85 said:

October 9th, 5:57 am

I really can’t get this now…. but hope for get it one day…. looks awesome!

PAGE 1 2