God of War

Nov 09

Nov 09

So, Today is My Last Day at PlayStation

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Jeff Rubenstein

After five years, 5,995 blog posts, and 10,888 Tweets, today is my final day at PlayStation. We’ve accomplished a lot together: we’ve built PlayStation.Blog into one of the most influential blogs in the world, amassed the largest Twitter following in the industry and the 8th most fans in the world on Facebook (watch out McDonalds!). I mention these stats not to brag, but because I continue to be amazed at the enduring strength of the PlayStation brand and its fervent fans, whom I’ve been lucky to serve as Social Media Dudebro since 2007.

Jeff yells at people a lot

PlayStation, specifically SCEA, has been very good to me. I’ve been sent to gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, PAXes East and Prime, Comic-Con, and E3 many times over. I’ve gotten to personally put PS Vitas into fans’ hands for the first time at Social Club events. I’ve gotten to share exciting news, first looks, and big reveals with you, then relay your feedback to the teams that created them. Keep telling us what you think; it really does count!

Most impactful of all, I’ve met thousands of great people — gaming industry, media, and PlayStation fans — some of whom have become true friends.

Jeff just pretends to play games

Now, I’m actually looking forward to jumping back over to the fan side of the fence. Working through my massive backlog of games (starting with The Unfinished Swan this weekend). Buying The Last of Us at a midnight launch. Actually being surprised at E3.

It’ll be a big adjustment for me — but not for you. Perhaps the most important thing I’ve done here at PlayStation is surround myself with people more talented (if not better looking) than myself. Sid, Rey, and Justin are the reasons PlayStation.Blog is as informative, entertaining, and influential as it is. None of that will change when I walk out the door this afternoon. And I guess that’s why I’m at peace with moving on; my work here is well and truly done.

Play with me on PSN (JeffPS) and/or follow me on Twitter (@jeffrubenstein). I’m practicing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale right now. Bring it, my Radec is ready.

TL;DR I’ve really loved working with, and for, all of you.

Jeff

Jeff eats like a girl

P.S. — Confession time: I’m the one who spilled coffee all over the break room on October 15th, 2007. I didn’t know how to operate the coffee maker. I regret the error.

Add Your Own

gokhujee said:

November 10th, 8:24 am

awww what man u will be missed, im living in the uk but whenever I seen some vita previews or anything I used to see you there u told us a bit about mgs back in the day to man, hope u move onto something more better and more beneficial. Have a great time man whenever I think of Playstation I think of you lol. Your one of the reasons Ive become a massive playstation fan lol.

Faisal

midnightshade said:

November 10th, 8:41 am

Bye Jeff….

As a fellow Pennsylvania Philly area man, it was nice having a connection to the community from someone from my area.. It seems everyone is from the west coast in the tech industry, so I was surprised years ago when I found out you were from PA. (been on this blog since inception..)

I will miss you on the blogcast especially…

Speaking of which, was this why there is no blogcast this week? I hope you not being here means missing episodes. I anticipate the blogcast every week, as I have to drive an hour to and from work everyday. Please let me know that the blogcast will continue and that Sid is dedicated to it. I

Anyways, this is sad news. I really don’t want to see you go, and from the looks of it 1000s of others feel the same way. It’s like a little part of PlayStation died today :( I do wish you look in the years to come though, and don’t be a stranger to the blog. Best wishes…

Sephir007 said:

November 10th, 8:49 am

Farewell Jeff and thank you so much for all your dedicated work we will miss you!!

Zyzxx said:

November 10th, 8:52 am

Wow! Sorry to hear you you’re leaving, Jeff! Best of luck to you! I’ll keep following you via Twitter, and hopefully see you on the PSN!

twocam16 said:

November 10th, 8:54 am

Good luck with your future endeavors Jeff!

HitokiriKamina said:

November 10th, 8:59 am

I rarely post but I felt the need to on this post. You will be missed Jeff, it really won’t be the same without you.

NakhtiEmperor1 said:

November 10th, 9:17 am

Thank you for all the fun stuff you have brought to the blog. Everyone is going to miss you, I hope you to see you online and where ever you lead to next!

CapinChronic said:

November 10th, 9:19 am

Good luck, may the PS force be with you.! You made this blog what it is today, thank you sir.

JKar275 said:

November 10th, 9:28 am

I remember meeting you in NYC at the PS Move Event and discussing Deep Black and it’s publisher 505 Games.

I’m very sorry to read that you’re leaving Sony and I wish you the very best of luck in your future endeavors!

WrekGar said:

November 10th, 9:35 am

Jeff you may be gone from Playstation but you have left your mark and will definitely never be forgotten. See you on the network and don’t be thinking your gonna catch up to me with the trophies.

inFAMOUS-787 said:

November 10th, 9:38 am

The PSBlog will truly never be the same. Thank you for all your time Mr. Rubenstein and good luck with future endeavors.

EvoAnubis said:

November 10th, 10:10 am

Just read this via Google Currents on my Nexus 7 and rushed to my computer to leave a comment.

You’ll be missed around here, Jeff. I was here on the PlayStation.Blog from day one (and have the T-shirt you guys sent me to prove it), and it’s been awesome seeing this site grow. Sid, Ray, and Justin are cool guys, but they’re no Jeff Rubenstein.

It won’t be the same without you, brother, but I wish you well for whatever comes next for you. Godspeed, Jeff.

~DeAno J.

JLP_M said:

November 10th, 10:13 am

Say it ain’t so Jeff! There is indeed going to be a gap here on the blog. We all wish you the best Jeff! Take care man, gonna miss you.

Eccentrick said:

November 10th, 10:15 am

Noooooo!!!!! Jeff … please … don’t … don’t … don’t leave us … don’t leave us with … with SID!!!

BlueBl1zzard said:

November 10th, 10:15 am

Wow it’s going to be sad to see you go :( If I wasn’t a guy I would cry (real men don’t cry). The best of luck to you in whatever you do and wherever you go.

gold1617 said:

November 10th, 10:25 am

Gonna miss Jeff soooooooooooo much. He made the best posts on here:(

jackwesten said:

November 10th, 10:35 am

Thanks for everything. Wishing you the best of luck.

Niko_of_Death said:

November 10th, 10:35 am

WHERE WILL WE GET OUR MINIS NO!??!?!

PrinceofXIII said:

November 10th, 11:05 am

NOOOO :(

so Aram Jabbari will fill some of your role now?

we’ll miss you man :\

Adriane said:

November 10th, 11:09 am

Good luck in your future endeavors Jeff! But more importantly…….you call that a backlog???

Matrix_Lion said:

November 10th, 11:27 am

Man this sucks, goodbye and good luck Jeff Rubenstein. Take Care!

boomstickbhg said:

November 10th, 11:52 am

Good luck good sir and thank you for all you’ve done for the playstation community.

As long as your secret new job isn’t for microsoft or nintendo I wish you the best of luck!

If it is with one of those, then I wish you personal good fortune, but none for the competition heh.

destruction1983 said:

November 10th, 11:58 am

aww why Jeff Rubenstein!! :.(

MiiAmigo said:

November 10th, 12:04 pm

Will miss you old friend. At least I got to hang out with you at several PS events. God of War 3 event at SF was bananas.

Beatboxtaun said:

November 10th, 12:18 pm

Wow, Jeff….I don’t know what to say, other than, this saddened me. We really enjoyed listening to your insight and spunk on the Blogcast with the fellas. I know I’m late to the party, since you said yesterday was your last day. But, you will be missed and remind me to never let you pour the coffee. Take care!

Elvick_ said:

November 10th, 12:21 pm

Gaming God speed.

DeathGazer said:

November 10th, 12:24 pm

Couldn’t log-in yesterday to give my farewells, so I’ll give them now.

So long and good luck, Jeff. The Blog will never be the same without you.

Weaponator-3614 said:

November 10th, 12:59 pm

So long Jeff! Good luck with your future!

NickMulder said:

November 10th, 1:03 pm

Hate to see him go :/ but I have a good idea!! How about a Jeff Rubenstein avatar!!!! :p hahahaha

sugarfree1098 said:

November 10th, 1:16 pm

Good Luck Jeff! Will Miss Seeing Your Name On The Blog.

germix27 said:

November 10th, 1:20 pm

Bye Jeff! Regards from Argentina!!! We’ll miss you! :( Thank you for all those post all this years!

willywonka159 said:

November 10th, 1:36 pm

Sad to see you go, but good luck with everything in your future. I expect great things.

fmr32 said:

November 10th, 1:44 pm

Dear JEFF,
i am sure that i speak for all french playstation fans when i say
you ll be massively missed and you shall be remembered as one of the playstation greats.
good luck and god speed my friend.

T3mpr1x said:

November 10th, 1:50 pm

Sad to see you go! Incidentally I recently left the site I wrote for (PlayStation LifeStyle), and I’m in that second picture you have posted (in the back left). Anyway, best of luck in whatever you do in the future!

LilWayneSuckz said:

November 10th, 2:24 pm

I will miss your voice on the podcast

P.S. Please stay

nv_Los said:

November 10th, 2:34 pm

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS!
PORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will be missed and sucks that we wont be seeing any more post by you

dorkgeniuz21 said:

November 10th, 2:46 pm

I bid you adue my fellow Jeff….Welcome back to the darkside…as a gamer again I mean..

sciteach said:

November 10th, 3:13 pm

can’t tell if you’re taking a leak on the playstation lawn there. sorry to see you go regardless

Figboy said:

November 10th, 3:15 pm

Good luck, Jeff! You’ve been great all these years!

davidbeaudin said:

November 10th, 5:03 pm

Merci Jeff et bonne chance dans ta vie future !!

guitarded77 said:

November 10th, 5:24 pm

Sorry I’m late Jeff…

We’re gonna miss you, and you’re gonna miss our constant questioning and complaining. You’ve been good to us. Best wishes, guitarded77

profinblack said:

November 10th, 5:25 pm

Requesting update on the Street Fighter x Tekken PS Vita dlcs which were promised. Please tell us what’s going on. Thank you.

Eblis01 said:

November 10th, 5:34 pm

Best of luck to you now and in the future. Thank you for the 5 great years you gave us all you will be missed. Add me if you like.

Kaddyshacks said:

November 10th, 6:39 pm

While I’m saddened to see you go, I wish you the absolute best in your future pursuits!

Kasaix said:

November 10th, 6:49 pm

It’s sad to see you go! I wish you all the best in whatever you do next.

tusunami said:

November 10th, 7:24 pm

I’m a follower of Ps Blog, I just read on the Ps Blog that your no longer with Sony. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Oh & your friends list is maxed out.

ItsIntegrity said:

November 10th, 7:29 pm

If its a planned event than good luck… If its due to SCEA’s ignorance and policy to ignore REAL issues then good ridance. A lot of things have been ignored, especially as of late, and Id hope you did everything you could do help the consumers.

BTW… if you were and thats why your leaving (cuz SCEA think they dont have to abode by their own TOS) then you’ll land a job 7 times better than this company.

ItsIntegrity said:

November 10th, 7:29 pm

On yur way out… can you ask em to add a sort feature to our downloads listing on the PS Store?

kingkongmike said:

November 11th, 12:22 am

good riddence lol

rootsragga70-09 said:

November 11th, 2:48 am

yep greetings from germany…thx fresh dude for all supporting news and themes over all the years for us…be brave and healthy on your way up…always an 1up should be dropping for you…bye