Paragon

Dec 24

Dec 24

Happy Holidays from Guerrilla Games!

Victor Zuylen's Avatar Posted by Editor, Killzone Community

Happy holidays from all of us here at Guerrilla!

Guerilla Games Holiday Card 2013

As 2012 draws to a close, we look back at an eventful year for Guerrilla and the Killzone series. In February we released Killzone 3 Multiplayer, a standalone version of Killzone 3’s online mode and DLC maps, on the PlayStation Store. In August we announced a new handheld title for PlayStation Vita called Killzone: Mercenary, which sees its protagonist fight on both sides of the ISA-Helghast conflict. And in October we simultaneously released Killzone Trilogy, a bundle containing all three first-person shooters in the Killzone series, and Killzone HD, a high-definition remaster of our original Killzone game.

In addition to these planned events, there were also a few surprises along the way. In early November we were wowed by a 15-minute fan-made live action film called Killzone Intercept, which even blew our own live action trailer for Killzone: Mercenary out of the water.

Director Brian Curtin had been in touch with Guerrilla about his ambitious plans for a short Killzone movie, but we were still unprepared for the level of awesomeness he’d bring to the project. The end result is a testament to the sheer creativity of our fans, and we feel very blessed to have such dedicated followers.

But the biggest highlight of the year was being able to welcome SCE Cambridge Studio into our fold. We’ve officially become a multi-studio company! Guerrilla Cambridge — as our new sister studio is known — is working hard to ensure that Killzone: Mercenary will be the ultimate handheld first-person shooter experience when it launches for PlayStation Vita in 2013.

The team is intimately familiar with handheld game development, having previously worked on titles such as LittleBigPlanet for PSP, and they’ve done a phenomenal job adapting the Killzone 3 engine to the PS Vita platform.

2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004. We’ll have more details for you at a future date, but until then we hope you share a wonderful holiday with your loved ones, and we’ll see you in 2013.

Add Your Own

KrisButtar said:

December 24th, 9:05 am

happy holidays, ps i bought the Killzone Trilogy, and am enjoying it

UncannySilk said:

December 24th, 9:06 am

Helghan ornaments. The tree will be a bright and vibrant orange for our great planet.

Makinen said:

December 24th, 9:07 am

Merry Christmas guys – keep up the awesome work. Can’t wait for Killzone: Mercenary

manixram said:

December 24th, 9:07 am

Can’t wait for Next Killzone :) happy holidays

YungShep said:

December 24th, 9:08 am

happy holidays to you all! cannot wait for a TRUE FPS to grace my beautiful OLED Vita screen….I LOVE KILLZONE!

Galvanise_ said:

December 24th, 9:09 am

RIP Studio Cambridge. One of the brightest stars, badly mismanaged and not given a good enough chance.

Forever bailing other studios out when they faltered.

Mastamind1337 said:

December 24th, 9:09 am

Awesome can’t wait for Killzone: Mercenary

Undrey said:

December 24th, 9:13 am

Can’t wait for Killzone Mercenary! I have not played any other Killzone game (might get the trilogy after Mercenary), but do I need to play the original 3 to understand the story of Mercenary?

Also, SCE Cambridge developed the fantastic MediEvil games, awesome to see them working on the game!

Alastor424 said:

December 24th, 9:16 am

Can’t wait for Killzone Mercenary.

Happy Holidays guys, good luck to you on the new title, and good luck to you on your next title, which is hopefully Killzone 4. Btw, please bring 2-player co-op story to Killzone 4! It would have been amazing in Killzone 3!

Happy Holidays!

DriveForSix said:

December 24th, 9:16 am

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! The team at GG has given me so many hours of great gaming and fun.

I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for all of you!

megacarlos said:

December 24th, 9:19 am

Kz hd should of been put on sale its the only one ive yet to play

BlueBl1zzard said:

December 24th, 9:20 am

Already had killzone 2 and 3, picked up Killzone HD (thanks again guys!) and will definitely be getting Mercenary can’t wait!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Robbie_G_lrish said:

December 24th, 9:21 am

@9 You can play Killzone 3’s story in 2 player co-op.

I’m really looking forward to Killzone: Mercenary. I hope it has the heavy weight/feel and hardcore recoil of Killzone 2.

BlueBl1zzard said:

December 24th, 9:23 am

@ Alastor424 2-player local coop was in Killzone 3, unless you meant online coop. But I would rather have a traditional splitscreen Warzone mode like how you guys had it in Killzone 1

gamer_316 said:

December 24th, 9:23 am

Season’s Greetings from Guns of the Helghast

KazeEternal said:

December 24th, 9:25 am

Looking forward to Killzone Mercenary, please make sure this is a storng release with a strong story and gameplay. There are too many disappointing shooters on Vita since launch, namely Resistance and Unit 13. hopeful for Killzone 4 news (PS4?) and possibly a web series for the next game?

Darktoad666 said:

December 24th, 9:27 am

waiting…

supreme_br said:

December 24th, 9:53 am

Merry Christmas!!

Do your best next year too!

I hope Mercenary brings a new level for gaming portable awesomeness.

swisstylez said:

December 24th, 9:59 am

Merry Christmas!!!

Can’t wait for Killzone mercenary. Cheers!!

vanwinkle said:

December 24th, 10:01 am

Merry Christmas to you guys. Can’t WAIT for Mercenaries!

MD128 said:

December 24th, 10:18 am

Cannot wait to see what you guys come up with in 2013!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I <3 Guerrilla Games :)

NashTheSlash said:

December 24th, 10:20 am

KZ2+KZ3 are amazing. I can’t wait to see what is next.

GibbShift said:

December 24th, 10:21 am

Big year for GG in 2013? Sounds like a next gen KZ tech demo at E3 to me. Bring the pain, Guerilla. My body is not red e.

Ivan_R said:

December 24th, 10:23 am

Can’t wait for new Guerrilla IP… and Killzone on PS4 :).

Happy Hollidays!

Zezzler said:

December 24th, 10:41 am

Thank you for all of the fantastic games that you guys have brought us!
I still play Killzone 3 online, and cannot wait to see more about Killzone Mercenaries!

Happy Holidays to all of the fine folks at Guerrilla Games!

buddyng4 said:

December 24th, 10:56 am

happy holidays gg! i can’t wait for killzone mercenary, i think it will be the best handheld shooter but i don’t have a problem with the current shooters though. i can’t wait for killzone 4.

Kchow23 said:

December 24th, 11:07 am

Happy Holidays! Very excited for Killzone Mercenary and hopefully Killzone 4 will have much improved storytelling.

reson8er said:

December 24th, 11:10 am

Absolutely love Killzone, happy holidays guys looking, forward to your next efforts!

KILLO31 said:

December 24th, 11:26 am

Merry Christmas. I hope Santa doesn’t get shot down by Helgan air defenses.

KrisButtar said:

December 24th, 11:28 am

sounds like you guys are releasing Killzone: Mercenary, and a PS4 game?

MakoSOLIDER said:

December 24th, 11:35 am

Glad to see u came up with a name for the new Cambridge. Excited for the new IP on PS4 next year

remanutd5 said:

December 24th, 11:45 am

I’m expecting nothing less than amazing from Killzone Mercenary please consider a 2 players online co op campaign and 16 players online multiplayer maps, i think Killzone Mercenary will be the ELITE fps on the vita!!!

oh and Kizzy 4 better be a ps4 launch title!!!!! next year is gonna be insane!!!

bldudas said:

December 24th, 12:11 pm

Merry Christmas!

And Killzone is awesome!

cwsluke said:

December 24th, 12:23 pm

See I didn’t know you had another studio devloping KZ:M That means you must be working on another PS3 (or maybe PS4) title =D!! Merry Christmas! I love you guys, your games are my overall favorite FPS and I just got the KZ Trilogy a few weeks ago, but I already had KZ2, KZ3 Multiplayer and KZ3. So give yourselves a pat on the back and take a breather this Christmas, all your hard work is greatly appreciated (at least by me)! btw the KZ Trilogy trailer was awesome!

freshprincepbg said:

December 24th, 1:13 pm

“2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004”

OMG! OMG! OMG! PS4 in 2013!!!

Can’t wait to see what you’re doing GG, also can’t wait until KZ: Mercenaries

AleXx2626 said:

December 24th, 2:46 pm

Can we get a Triple XP weekend for the holidays?

thunderbear said:

December 24th, 3:13 pm

Can only dream about what you guys are going to unveil in 2013! Feels like it’s been forever since Killzone 3, which was awesome, so I can’t wait. I really hope you have something up your sleeve for the next iteration of Playstation for this years E3 (assuming the rumors are true…)!

Don_Knotts said:

December 25th, 3:02 am

I hope Cambridge being becoming a sister studio doesn’t finally kill my long long awaited hopes of a MediEvil 3. It does give some new weight too the Sir Dan -X- Radec rivalry in PS All Stars. I thought It was just the shielded range killer -X- the long range master . I wonder if this is the real reason we see them as rivals or just a happy accident. hmmmm

remanutd5 said:

December 25th, 7:27 am

Hey Victor is there gonna be a Killzone Mercenary Beta? if so i want to be part of it!!!!! please consider 16 players online multiplayer maps and online co op campaign, thanks.

coolasj19 said:

December 25th, 9:20 am

Happy Holidays to the everyone.

TMAZT3R said:

December 25th, 8:46 pm

I am telling you right now you monkey’s you better bring it with Mercenary, I swear to god, if this game is good the vita will start an inclination of just pure goodness.

TMAZT3R said:

December 25th, 8:47 pm

Forgot to say, Happy Holidays, hope you developers are taking a easy brake and so to you beautiful gamers.

D-Squad3 said:

December 26th, 2:12 am

Okay I think everyone is waiting for you guys to make a NEW IP. I like Killzone but I’m getting tired of it. Same with Santa Monica, I LOVE God of War but I want something NEW from them.

goodguy_reuben said:

December 26th, 4:19 pm

I can’t wait for more info on Mercenaries!

RISE_UP44 said:

December 26th, 10:28 pm

I absolutely love the Killzone series, I hope they do the vita game right so that we finally have a proper FPS on vita not like Resistance or COD. I have faith in G.Games

PatrickCameron said:

December 27th, 3:06 am

Yeah!!! Thanks for the well wishes, Happy Holidays to you guys too… I can’t wait for the next Killzone!! Bring it on!!

BoNeSaW23 said:

December 27th, 5:24 pm

Sold Killzone 2 and 3 so I could pick up the Trilogy with a DS3 controller and I have to admit Killzone HD is really fun and better than I was expecting from a PS2 game.

eloso312 said:

December 30th, 6:03 am

sos unos grosos dios , ala , buda los vendiga .si pueden salven al kill zone 3 y modifique el online que es en comparacion con el 2 inferior

alinaS123 said:

December 30th, 10:19 pm

Happy New Year to all in advance….The game is just great, loved it. If anyone of you is interested in puzzle games then you can really check this site: http://www.gameoz.com.au/

Have a nice day!