Overwatch

Feb 05

Feb 05

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Out Today on PS3 and PS Vita

Glen Egan's Avatar Posted by President, Sanzaru Games

The day has finally arrived! Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time goes on sale today in North America. We are so stoked with how the game came together; this is a very proud moment for the whole team! The game is available at retail, and also as a download from PlayStation Network. You can get the PS3 version for $39.99, which includes the digital PS Vita version at no additional cost, or you can purchase the standalone PS Vita version for $29.99.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSly Cooper: Thieves in Time

We are so happy that players can finally experience the joy of Salim al Kupar’s carpet ride and Tennessee Kid’s Crack Shot as they follow the gang’s adventure, twisting and turning through space and time. We love how the demos have been received by the Sly Cooper fans, but we have also loved watching a new, younger audience pick up and enjoy the Sly Cooper experience. It’s been hard keeping things under wraps for so long, but I can’t wait for players to uncover the latest plot twists first hand! Find out more in the launch trailer at the top of this post.

We are also pleased to announce the simultaneous arrival of the Bentley’s Hackpack, a new Sly Cooper companion game available for download on PSN! Based on Bentley’s hacking minigames from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the game gives players 60 totally new, controller twisting missions to take on, tons of nifty Sly Cooper loot to collect, and cameos from the whole gang, all wrapped up in Bentley’s signature arcade. We had so much fun making and playing the mini games in Thieves in Time that we just couldn’t stop and wanted to pass along the fun. The Bentley’s Hackpack is available today for either PS3 or PS Vita, for just $2.99. Purchasing either version of the game will allow you to download the game on the other platform at no additional cost. Check it out:

Bentley's HackpackBentley's Hackpack

Bentley's HackpackBentley's Hackpack

It’s been an absolute blast bringing Sly Cooper back and we’d like to thank PlayStation and Sucker Punch for giving us such an awesome opportunity!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

jhernandez360 said:

February 5th, 8:10 am

Shared trophy list or seprate?

jorispelgrom said:

February 5th, 8:10 am

Too bad it isn’t due in Europe shortly… But it looks like a lot of fun!

Undrey said:

February 5th, 8:10 am

I LOVE YOU SANZARU GAMES.

I will buy this day one (March 27th) and all your future games.

Thanks for bringing Sly back!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

February 5th, 8:12 am

Personally I’m not a fan of Sly, but I think it’s really great that you’re charging $40 for both the PS3 and Vita versions. More games should launch this way!

JimmyHACK said:

February 5th, 8:13 am

Like #1 said.. so shared list like devs have said or are there 2?

KazeEternal said:

February 5th, 8:14 am

Looking forward to my copy arriving tomorrow. :-D Are trophies Shared too?

Magicman354_ said:

February 5th, 8:14 am

7 YEARS!!!!

I have waited for this day for 7 years!

Thank you so much Sanzaru! This game looks amazing.

jeffsmither said:

February 5th, 8:14 am

Why can I best cross-buy to work on the retail version early in the morning for this game!

FearMonkey said:

February 5th, 8:15 am

Comes out today? I thought it was next week. Oh my poor wallet. T_T

Glen Egan's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 5th, 9:45 am

It’s only $39.99! It won’t hurt that much ;)

IIL0YDII said:

February 5th, 8:16 am

looks good i’ll buy it

TechnoEK said:

February 5th, 8:18 am

I can’t wait. :D

Seriously though I can’t wait.

macsam-usa said:

February 5th, 8:20 am

is in the psn store now?
thanks glen and the team sanzaru!!!!!

Glen Egan's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 5th, 9:45 am

It’ll be up today when the Store updates.

iriihutoR84 said:

February 5th, 8:21 am

I can’t wait but sadly my copy won’t arrive until tomorrow. :(
Judging by the demo you guys have done a great job with the game so congratulations on that!

I also have a question, would I be missing or spoiling anything by getting Bentley’s Hack Pack and playing it today since my copy of the main game won’t arrive just yet?

Glen Egan's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 5th, 9:47 am

Not at all! You can enjoy it on its own.

Jak23ft said:

February 5th, 8:21 am

Do we get Bentley’s hackpack as a pre-order bonus?

G-Force08 said:

February 5th, 8:22 am

I have been a longtime fan of Sly, so I’m getting this game. However, I find it very unsettling, disheartening, sad – that SCEA does not do a proper job of marketing their products.

Sly is a great franchise and nobody knows that the latest game came out today. There has been just about no advertising for this title apart from gaming websites.

I’m going to support it and just from the demo, I can tell that Sanzaru did a great job on the title. Kudos.

Still, I can’t get rid of the feeling that this title will end up like PlayStation All-Stars, Starhawk, Resistance 3, and a boat load of other PS games and products that haven’t sold well due to a lapse in marketing common sense.

Anyway, enough of my rant, time to play Sly.

Scaramanga1983 said:

February 5th, 8:22 am

The day Sony start making those cross-buy games “1 purchase, 2 platinums”, a lot of people will buy the Vita, apparently.

vanwinkle said:

February 5th, 8:24 am

This game looks awesome and I’m buying it today (along with Bentley’s Hackpack), but I’m so mad at Sony for not marketing it at all and holding review embargo until NOON DAY OF RELEASE. Then there’s the fact that they put Dead Space 3 up at midnight but they can’t even do the same for their OWN first-party title.

I’m assuming Glen won’t be answering questions, but if anybody from Sanzaru will be answering, I was wanting to ask why cel-shading was removed from the Vita version when that’s such a big characteristic of the franchise.

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 5th, 8:28 am

Before the price drop i was going to just buy the VIta version, but i matter as well buy both versions for an extra $10. I saw the trophy list, doesn’t look very hard like the other sly games, I am currently trying to finish sly 3 so i can get myself ready for this game.

remanutd5 said:

February 5th, 8:29 am

why is Dead Space3 and Crysis3 on psn already and Sly is nowhere to be found? whats up with that sony?

FearMonkey said:

February 5th, 8:29 am

Also, LOL @ Bentley’s Arcade exterior looking like Flynn’s Arcade from Tron. <3

remanutd5 said:

February 5th, 8:31 am

at 15 G-Force08 what are you talking about? Sony marketing of sly goes with the theme of the game, they are stealthily releasing it without no one noticing lol

werasfop said:

February 5th, 8:31 am

Will you patch the 2 misspelled trophies in Sly 3?(Slytankhamen Approved and Wirlwind Of Awsome)?

macsam-usa said:

February 5th, 8:32 am

yeah sony update the store plz
i want to play sly 4

remanutd5 said:

February 5th, 8:32 am

I think sony should buy Sanzaru games and make them a psvita developers, i think they could do a very good job, let them create a new IP on the vita sony!!!

vanwinkle said:

February 5th, 8:36 am

^remanutd5 #15 haha that got a laugh out of me.

remanutd5 said:

February 5th, 8:37 am

lol

jcthomas00 said:

February 5th, 8:39 am

Waiting for my pre-order from Amazon to be delivered today. I’ve been playing the Sly Collection to get ready and think they would also be great on the Vita…I would totally pay for them again if I could enjoy it on the go.

swisstylez said:

February 5th, 8:42 am

I just wish I had time today to pick this game up and be able to play it, at least for bit, but unfortunately it looks like I won’t be able to :(

werasfop said:

February 5th, 8:44 am

Will you patch the 2 misspelled trophies in Sly 3?
Slytankhamen Approved(should be Slytunkhamen as in Sly 1)
Wirlwind Of Awsome(missing the ‘e’)

viceforce said:

February 5th, 8:49 am

Awesome game for awesome price? This is Game of the Year material right here. All I have to say is the loading times suck due to the fact there is no Game Data Utility

HeroChii said:

February 5th, 8:50 am

does anyone know when it will be on the online store ? :(

jhernandez360 said:

February 5th, 8:50 am

OK just picked my copy up and theres nothing inside the box not even a manual where the F is the vita version??? I put the disk in and theres an option for disk benefits and when I click on it it says coming soon??? where the hell is the vita version!!!!!

musicman182 said:

February 5th, 8:54 am

To everyone asking where the Vita version is, my guess is that you won’t be able to download it until the PS Store updates later on today.

BlueRobotX said:

February 5th, 8:55 am

How big will the download file for the PS3 version on the PSN store be?

Glen Egan's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 5th, 10:51 am

16.5 GBs for the PS3 version.
    3.5 GBs for the Vita version.

detictiveconan said:

February 5th, 8:56 am

I sadly can’t afford Thieves right now but I think I might pick up the Hackpack. Does it have any Thieves spoilers in it?

snakeeyes211 said:

February 5th, 8:56 am

This game is going is incredible. The demo I played on the PS3 and the vita looks gorgeous I strongly recommend for everybody to go out and buy this game
I am going to GS to pick up my copy I’ll be back:-)

SolduNuts said:

February 5th, 8:59 am

Wow. This looks like a full featured game for only 40 bucks on release day. Good job. I really enjoy the Cross Buy and Cross Play features for my Vita. Being able to pick up on the PS3 when I get home after playing on my Vita at school is the best feature ever invented. This game looks to be just as great as the past games, again good job guys. I also want to try out the Cross Controller feature, but I wish that the Vita could just be used as the controller, but still cool never the less.

@32 jhernandez360, the Vita version will go live when the store updates today so hang tight.

Sold.

boboMELOSHE said:

February 5th, 9:00 am

OMG!!! Cant wait to start playing! Bentley’s Hackpack actually looks awesome!! picking it up fo sho :D

zakdude100 said:

February 5th, 9:03 am

WOW! cant wait for europe to get the game
1)when does europe get a demo?
2)will it be the same as the US Demo or something else (like Sushi Shop)
3)Sly 5? lets hope so :D
thanks

Glen Egan's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

February 5th, 9:55 am

1 – that’s up to Europe. I’d check with their Blog team?
    2 – same as the US demo!

awhoowhoo2 said:

February 5th, 9:13 am

You did a great job sanzaru! I am getting this game today, along with Bentley’s hackpack.

duke301 said:

February 5th, 9:19 am

I was originally going to wait a while before picking this up, but after playing the demo, I quickly changed my mind. I already have it ordered from Amazon, and I can’t wait to get that Vita version too!

Crazymanwalking1 said:

February 5th, 9:22 am

Can’t wait to pick this up after class, Make me proud Sanzaru! =D. @Sony you should really advertise these games they deserve to be bought!

ShariusTC said:

February 5th, 9:36 am

does this game have 1 or 2 platium?

if this have 2 i’ll get the ps3 version, but if it’s has only 1 then i think i’ll go for psv version to save 10$ for the future game

Ryumoau said:

February 5th, 9:41 am

Why is there no PS Plus discount for this game? This is a first party game, so theres no excuse for that.

FearMonkey said:

February 5th, 9:45 am

@44 – It’s already only $40. What more kind of discount do you expect?

johnnyp70 said:

February 5th, 9:46 am

My question is: Why was Dead Space 3 available for pre-order, and download this morning, but a basically 1st (or 2nd) party game was not? I would love to have this waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon, but I now have to wait for the store to update.

Lexaus1222 said:

February 5th, 9:48 am

No, thank you Glen and everyone at Sanzaru Games (as well as Sucker Punch Games and Sony) in believing that our beloved thievious racoonus and gang deserve another shot on the medium (and small) screen. You guys have poured your sweat and passion (and lives) into this title, and I can tell it’s going to be a stellar one. Still upset there isn’t a collector’s edition (I’m looking at you Sony!) but I definitely will be enjoying my copies when they arrive tonite! It’s been a long time coming! Long live the Cooper Clan!!!

Ryumoau said:

February 5th, 9:50 am

@45 i don’t know, maybe $29.99 to $34.99 after a plus discount. It looks like they are planning to make extra money with pointless day 1 dlc anyway.

FearMonkey said:

February 5th, 9:51 am

@Christian Cardona – Yes, I think $39.99 is a great price. But I just spent $100 on the Ni no Kuni Wizard’s Edition and hence I don’t have $39.99. :p

johnnyp70 said:

February 5th, 9:51 am

On the plus side, if you love Sly and all his glory, please note that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is now the same 39.99 price point on the PSN digital store for cross-buy.

PAGE 1 2 3 4