God of War

Feb 12

Feb 12

Germinator Infects PS3 March 5th

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Greetings, PlayStation faithful! Scott here again from Creat Studios, with an update on our newest release. Germinator will be available in North America on March 5th.

Lead image Germinator_Gameplay5

Our team loves to make casual and puzzle games for PlayStation Network. We’re the folks that brought you Magic Orbz, Cuboid, Mahjong Tales and Ricochet HD. Our next game, Germinator, continues that tradition.

Now, Germinator is no ordinary bubble game. There’s none of the match-three that’s been done everywhere else. Instead, same-colored bubbles combine and grow, grow, grow until they pop into a gooey mess!

Germinator_Gameplay2

Germinator features 75 Story levels, 75 Puzzle levels, an unlimited Arcade level and a two-player local multiplayer Duel level. But after stuffing the game with as much content as we could fit, it still wasn’t enough.

All this splotchy, splattering goop needed to expand… to PlayStation Vita! We’re thrilled to let everyone know that we‘re putting the final touches on the Vita build now, and we’ll bring it to you in the coming weeks.

Germinator_Gameplay3

Look for more info, updates and contest giveaways by following us on Twitter and liking us on Facebook. Everyone at Creat Studios is thrilled to bring yet another exciting title to our PlayStation Network catalog! We love what we do, and we couldn’t do it without all of you. Please keep sending your thoughts and suggestions our way, and be sure to tell us how you enjoy Germinator.

Add Your Own

TinCannEd said:

February 12th, 7:06 am

Looks fun. A perfect fit for the Vita.

February 12th, 7:15 am

Thanks, TinCanned! We think so, too.

onslaughtree said:

February 12th, 7:11 am

Huuuum. I will have to go to youtube to see some video gameplay. Almost finished with Ninja Gaiden on my Vita so this might fill the void till Guacamelee is released. Also need to download some free LBP Vita user created levels.

February 12th, 7:16 am

onslaughtree, you can go right here to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreatStudiosVideos

Let us know what you think. We hope you like it and add Germinator to your buying list.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

February 12th, 7:18 am

“Germinator is no ordinary bubble game.”

Got that right. Really liking how every type of germ can affect your gameplay & be very rewarding majority of the time. Looks fun!

February 12th, 7:26 am

Thanks, ZaGe-zAiKaNo! We love bubble games, going back to Bust-A-Move. But we wanted to add some new twists and really had fun making this. We hope you enjoy it.

iriihutoR84 said:

February 12th, 7:19 am

Looks like a nice fit for the Vita. I much prefer this kind of game on a handheld. Looks like it could be fun. Any word on the price?

February 12th, 7:26 am

Thanks so much! Still working out Vita details, iriihutoR84. We’ll let you know as soon as we do.

kaythanksbye2 said:

February 12th, 7:22 am

Vita support! Looks like a lot of fun, thanks Creat!

February 12th, 7:34 am

Thank you, kaythanksbye2! Glad you like it. Let us know how you enjoy it.

(I seem to be double posting here. >:-( )

February 12th, 7:27 am

Thank you, kaythanksbye2! Glad you like it. Let us know how you enjoy it.

avdavidw said:

February 12th, 7:46 am

I’m thinking of a word…. it starts with a V….. :)

If there’s cross-buy I’ll pick it up now, but this is something I see myself playing on a portable device.

February 12th, 7:58 am

Thanks, avdavidw.

We’ve been having fun playing it on our Vitas here, and we think you will, too.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

February 12th, 7:53 am

@avdavidw

I believe Germinator will be Infecting the Vita as well :).

February 12th, 7:58 am

Oh yes it will, indeed! :-D

Motherboop said:

February 12th, 8:02 am

Hey Scott, Thanks for the update – as always, Creat/Tiki games are day 1 for me. Almost have all of the trophies in Labrynth Legends – I hope the team considers some DLC for it at some point. Also, I havent given up on Magic Orbz 2 yet – what a great opportunity to add 4-player support to one of the studios greatest titles!

February 12th, 8:07 am

Hey Motherboop!

Thank you for the support! Always great to hear from folks who love our games. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.

There’s all kinds of talk and ideas being tossed around here about Labyrinth Legends, so stay tuned.

As for Magic Orbz 2… thanks for the input. I’ll send it along.

cperin91 said:

February 12th, 8:16 am

I was going to trash the game because it was on the vita but it actually looks pretty good.

February 12th, 8:33 am

Aww, show the Vita some love, cperin91! :-)

Thanks for the kind words. We hope everyone enjoys playing it as much as we did making it.

Ehrad said:

February 12th, 8:25 am

I apologize for this comment, the game really looks beautiful and fun but I have seen many games that rely on colors and I am color-blind (partially). I’d really like to see in the future more game companies thinking about develop their games for this special kind of players. Thanks! :)

February 12th, 8:36 am

No apology necessary, Ehrad! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your perspective.

Games do often rely on color, since we have such a vibrant palette to work with. While a limited palette or grey-scale art direction presents a unique challenge, it may just open up new possibilities.

If you haven’t already, check out Escape Plan! (http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/psv-escape-plan.html) It’s one of the most beautiful grey-scale games I’ve ever seen.

swisstylez said:

February 12th, 8:32 am

This game looks so weird yet FUN that I will give it a try =D

February 12th, 8:37 am

“Weird yet fun!” swisstylez, that’s the quote of the day! I’m putting that on our Twitter feed right now.

Thank you!

PatricioUSA said:

February 12th, 8:35 am

Every game you guya designed was excellent, definetly trying this one out.

February 12th, 8:38 am

Thank you very much, PatricioUSA! Comments like that really keep us going. Please let us know how you like it.

jh6269 said:

February 12th, 8:45 am

Looks great. I really love these types of games. Glad to see more from Creat Studios!

February 12th, 8:55 am

That’s very kind of you, jh6269! We’re working hard to bring you even more cool stuff… just wait.

GhostMachine1 said:

February 12th, 8:46 am

Will it use the analog sticks or touch screen? Bust-a-move is one of my favorite games ever so I will give this a shot.

February 12th, 8:56 am

Aiming is through the analog sticks, GhostMachine1. There are some touch screen features, too.

subadictos said:

February 12th, 8:56 am

Hi Scott. I really want the game, but if I need to choose, I prefer it on my PS Vita. So… will it have “cross buy”?

I mean, I can buy it the 5th for PS3 and I’ll have it for free for my Vita or should I wait and buy the Vita version directly?

By the way, I hope you give a PS+ discount too… XD

February 12th, 9:07 am

Thanks, subadictos.

We’re still working out those details. Stay tuned.

vanwinkle said:

February 12th, 8:56 am

FINALLY! Creat on Vita. It’s a beautiful relationship. I will buy this day 1, and, listen, Creat, put some more of dem games on Vita.

February 12th, 9:08 am

Thanks, vanwinkle, for the kind words and the input.

We’ve had a lot of requests to ” put some more of dem games on Vita.” And we’re listening.

subadictos said:

February 12th, 8:57 am

Oh, by the way… could we have in the future some of your previous games on Vita too? Would be perfect!!!

February 12th, 9:09 am

Stay tuned. There’s plenty more in the works.

spudsudz said:

February 12th, 10:01 am

And I was just thinking this game would be cool for the Vita, right before I read it is coming to the Vita… Cool beans! Looks like a fun game with a different twist with solid visuals… Hopefully we will get future DLC like we received with Escape Plan… Keep it coming if you know what I mean…

February 12th, 10:09 am

That’s very cool of you to say, spudsudz! Please let us know how you enjoy it.

DLC is always a possibility. We’ve made DLC for Magic Orbz, Smash Cars, Mushroom Wars and Pinballistic!

xPREDICTIONx said:

February 12th, 10:33 am

29 year old father of two, married with many priorities and THESE are the types of games I specifically bought my Vita for the other day, and that’s coming from an ooooooold SOCOM fan. Love these quirky, simple fun and relaxing games, no stress. Keep them coming Creat. Looks awesome.

February 12th, 11:03 am

So glad you like it, xPREDICTIONx . A bunch of us at Creat are parents, too, and we like making games that we can play with our kids.

We own plenty of mature games, too. But there’s something special about playing alongside your children. Enjoy!

aelurio1980 said:

February 12th, 11:29 am

Thanks for bringing us this most excellent game. Any idea if the Labyrinth Legends come to vita?

February 12th, 11:59 am

You’re very welcome, aelurio1980. Thank you for the kind words.

Labyrinth Legends is still being discussed. Stay tuned…

stu123 said:

February 12th, 11:38 am

Seems like a cross between peggle and bust a move

February 12th, 11:59 am

Wow, that puts us in some great company, stu123! Quite a compliment.

Yeah, there are definitely similarities, especially with Bust-A-Move. We’re big fans.

jcthomas00 said:

February 12th, 11:56 am

OMG they look so disgusting….I’m so buying this for the Vita the day it comes out (PS+ discount would be much appreciated). Also, please bring Labyrinth Legends to Vita also…it is just the type of game I’d love to play on the Vita.

February 12th, 12:00 pm

Thanks, jcthomas00! That’s just the kind of disgusting love we’re looking for.

Please let us know how you enjoy Germinator.

dustyjack_ said:

February 12th, 12:02 pm

This looks neat. Popping into a gooey mess is one of my favorite things!

stu123 said:

February 12th, 12:13 pm

How much will it cost?

Kchow23 said:

February 12th, 1:23 pm

Will there be a demo?

four24twenty said:

February 12th, 1:34 pm

Hey Scott,

Your last name is funny.

Elvick_ said:

February 12th, 2:58 pm

Looks interesting, will pick it up on Vita.

Vcheese said:

February 12th, 3:04 pm

Looks contagious! Day one buy. Hope it comes with a platinum trophy ;)

icurafuse said:

February 12th, 3:58 pm

Looks great. I’ll pick up the Vita version. A cross-buy would push me to buy a little bit earlier.

Would you consider bring any of your other games to Vita? Ricochet HD is a wonderful platformer I’m enjoying on the PS3, thanks to PS+.