God of War

Aug 09

Aug 09

PlayStation Blogcast 084: Naughty Bits

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

The Last of Us takes over! Naughty Dog‘s Robert Ryan and David Ballard discuss the genesis of the game’s groundbreaking multiplayer mode before we launch into an end-of-show spoilercast (part one of two). Plus: Next week’s PlayStation Store releases, new letters, and more!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

Add Your Own

River-_-1 said:

August 9th, 7:30 pm

anyone knows what happened to the ps3 version of speluky?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:20 pm

Did something happen? It’s still a thing

ARC-Skier said:

August 9th, 7:39 pm

Love the Blogcast! Thanks for having Ryan back again, I love that he’s now a regular member of the crew. BEYOND! (Sorry. Had too.)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:20 pm

Glad you like it! :) And yep, we’re all pleased to have Powerhouse on the show

Yu_Takashi said:

August 9th, 7:39 pm

Yes! You guys really makes my day. :D

Yu_Takashi said:

August 9th, 7:41 pm

btw love hearing Clements’ voice again.
Beyond!

purse317 said:

August 9th, 7:41 pm

Gotta ask why can’t we get that European Sale I heard about some adeals from my eu buddies

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:21 pm

PS Store sales are created on a regional basis, kind of like how a GameStop in the UK and the US would have different sales

Crazymanwalking1 said:

August 9th, 8:36 pm

Posting the Blogcast on a friday? you guys must have had a busy week, no worries though. i really hope Clements is a permanent addition to the show gotta have my powerhouse. and thanks to you guys for hyping up Dragons Crown for me i am ADDICTED

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:21 pm

Yep, ran a bit late this week – my bad!

Crazymanwalking1 said:

August 9th, 8:42 pm

also i love how long these podcasts have been as of late but they are killing my Vita’s 32Gb card, any news on a 64Gb card?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:22 pm

Nothing to report..

rabidninjamonky said:

August 9th, 8:59 pm

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but the Vita online store is terrible. It’s even worse than the Ps3 store. You can’t download anything without freezing the vita, and people have been complaining for months. Not only that, but both Atelier Totori Plus and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus both say no content available when you try to purchase them from the Vita games A-Z section of the store. The only way you can find them is if you manually search for them. Whoever is in charge of the vita store should be fired. You guys are costing Tecmo Koei money.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:22 pm

Thanks, the team is aware of the downloading issue and is working on a fix.

Tjoeb123 said:

August 9th, 10:30 pm

Stuff We Talked About
-Dragon’s Crown

No love for Tales of Xillia? Especially considering Ryan was pretty much the JRPG guy over at IGN…

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:22 pm

Ah, missed the link. We’ll get it added soon

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

August 10th, 10:23 pm

I’ll have plenty of love for Tales of Xillia next week, I’d reckon. Finally got into it this week.

Ktalus said:

August 9th, 11:01 pm

any update on terraria vita you guys said summer and summers countin down sorry to seem impatient thnx for any info you can give .

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:22 pm

Will ask about this

RE_Player said:

August 9th, 11:04 pm

Fantastic blogcast. This gave me the final push I needed to hop on The Last of Us multiplayer.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:22 pm

Let us know what you think! I’m obsessed with it

stlthriot said:

August 10th, 4:15 am

I know this probably isn’t the best place to post this but could we possibly get a “Search” feature within the Download List? I have over 1,100 items and when I had reformat after the firmware issue a few weeks back, it’s quite a pain to go back through to redownload items I have purchased. Or even if this could just be implemented into the web version of the PSN store.
Or if I searched for a game via the current search feature, if it could have a “Re-download” option listed on the game’s page.

Thanks so much!! ^-^

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 10th, 2:23 pm

Yes, this would be great. Nothing to report but I’ll ask

time346 said:

August 10th, 8:27 am

@#1- The Psn/Psvita ports are still incoming but are being handled by a third party dev team. According to Derek Yu, Spelunky’s creator, the versions are coming “a little while later”. So no official release date has been set. Would love to hear new info on not only Spelunky, but also the Psvita versions of Terraria and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Ryumoau said:

August 10th, 8:48 am

eh…personally sick of Last of Us talk now. Only thing interesting coming to psn next week for me is Ducktales, but i find the price about high for that kinda game.

Any news on when we will be given the option to preorder One Piece Pirate Warriors 2? As usual, EU has it and other games for preorder weeks ahead of their release while we tend to wait till the last minute for some reason. We didn’t even get Xillia preorder for some reason. :(

I’m hoping that since that PLAY 2013 ends next week, you’ll be able to concentrate on preorders on better titles now.

PBrudz said:

August 10th, 11:14 am

I am also looking forward to info on Spelunky and Terraria for VITA (not to mention Dive Kick). Two other indies that would be awesome on Vita: FTL and Rogue Legacy!

FJ1100_rider said:

August 10th, 11:35 am

@1 , spelunky is coming in a month or so , but since it’s a sub par version of the game spelunker which was the original game spelunky was based on I recommend you check out speluker hd on psn , which released a fre years ago
spelunky is basically a knockoff made by another developer for pc when they couldn’t license the arcade game , it has a lot of the same game play mechanics and it’s the same game environment , and even the same super hard frustrating difficulty level , but I prefer the original .
I’ll get spelunky too but only because I can play on psvita

FJ1100_rider said:

August 10th, 11:39 am

@8 , there is an easy workaround for that issue , log into the web store – buy your psvita content , add it to your download queue and turn on the vita console
the game or dlc will start to download , no need to use the vuta store other than look at what’s available or use your downloads list

as for content showing as not available I have never had that happen , but if it’s happening for you just use the psVita new releases or all games section and scroll through the games

rabidninjamonky said:

August 10th, 12:00 pm

@17 Thanks for trying to help. I know about the web store. I had to use it to buy cladun x-2, since it was removed from vita store for some reason. Unfortunately I don’t always have my laptop with me. I was going to buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 plus a couple months ago, and when i tried to buy the game it said no content available. I assumed sony removed the game for quality purposes, but I later saw it on the web store. Go ahead check it out. if you try to purchase either NGS2 or Atelier Totori plus from the vita store, you won’t be able to find them without manually searching. It’s ridiculous! Tecmo Koei deserves better from Sony.

supermoc10 said:

August 10th, 2:02 pm

Great Blogcast. I have a Dualshock 4-related question: Does the Dualshock 4 work on the PS3? I will be getting a PS4 at launch but I’ll come back to my PS3 a lot due to games like GTAV and TLOU and also due to PS Plus. After all the stuff I’ve heard about the DS4, I’d hate to have to go back to the DS3.

Sonicfan11589 said:

August 10th, 3:02 pm

i know i asked this about a week ago but i would like to know if there are any updates on Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate:
-Will it have pre-order costumes with PSN version.
-Will it be a Day 1 Digital order?

SNORLAXex said:

August 10th, 6:24 pm

I want that Saints Row 4 – $1 Million dollar Edition

WHChampion said:

August 10th, 7:23 pm

Hi guys, My name is Guillermo. I was recently, just yesterday as a matter of fact, charged with another 3 months of playstation plus by auto renewal. I didn’t want that. I know it sounds awesome to have another 3 months of playstation plus but I wasn’t planning to buy it. This is rather odd since I’ve bought playstation plus before through the Playsation store and usually it just expires. Well I was wondering if I could get any help with this problem. Who to call, what to do.
Thank you.

deathuponhe52 said:

August 10th, 10:51 pm

When is tag coming out for the vita

ReDeYe_ said:

August 11th, 1:57 am

Is anyone else having trouble with psn?

remanutd5 said:

August 11th, 10:12 am

9 Days till sony gamescon press conference, will you guys be there? are you stream the show? should we(psvita owners) get excited about it?

Jsfate said:

August 11th, 12:00 pm

any decent playplus games coming out? I got hitman and so far not impressed.. or is there a list of upcoming “free titles” I could look at?

Jsfate said:

August 11th, 12:03 pm

@WHChampion you can cancel that on your own through the account settings, I do this every time so not to go through what you say you did. good luck!

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 11th, 3:47 pm

@Jsfate they release a list of the free games coming to plus for the month on the first Monday of each month. This month we get:
Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3/Vita)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3)
Machinarium (Vita)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP/Vita)

TwinDad said:

August 12th, 7:53 am

For the PAX live blogcast, you should play one quick round of Cards against humanity.

jou321 said:

August 12th, 8:29 am

Can you guys please elaborate more about The Last of Us documentary? Like where exactly can I find this on the PSN? I don’t have the season pass but I would gladly buy this as a PSN movie download.

Kchow23 said:

August 12th, 5:09 pm

I love the big red letters for Spoiler Cast! Great blogcast this week enjoyed it!

Kchow23 said:

August 12th, 5:13 pm

Also Hawken for PS4! and being able to upgrade sub-accounts to master accounts :)

jcperry said:

August 15th, 6:43 am

When is the playstation blog app for smartphones coming ?