Final Fantasy XV

Aug 28

Aug 28

PlayStation Mobile Update: PAX Prime Weekend

Paul Sullivan's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation Mobile Header

Every Tuesday, there are new games, apps and/or updates added to PlayStation Mobile. Hermit Crab In Space is now available in Canada and there is a price change for Magic Planet Snack Deluxe. This week’s post also includes some details about the presence that PlayStation Mobile will have at PAX Prime in Seattle this coming weekend.

PlayStation Mobile at PAX Prime

PAX-Promo-Image

The last big video game show for the U.S. market is almost here. Over the last few years, PAX Prime has been one of the best places for the gaming public to get their hands on the hottest new hardware and software titles. This year, gamers will be able to play many games for PS4, PS3, PS Vita, and — of course — PlayStation Mobile.

This is first time that PlayStation Mobile will be featured at PAX, so for those that are able to attend, you’ll be able to check out 8 of our hottest games currently available on the platform. PAX Prime runs from August 30th through September 2nd in Seattle, Washington. Head here for more information.

1. Chaos Rings by Square Enix Co., Ltd – $7.99
  2. Little Acorns by Chillingo (EA Inc) – $1.49
  3. iBomber Defense by Chillingo (EA Inc) – $2.79
  4. Ten By Eight by Action Button Entertainment LLC – $2.99
  5. Hermit Crab in Space by Golden Ruby Games – $2.79
  6. Tokyo Jungle Mobile by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. – $5.99
  7. Cardboard Castle by Advanced Mobile Applications Ltd (AMA) – $1.99
  8. Adventure Bar Labyrinth by RideonJapan, Inc. – Free

Price Changes

• Magic Planet Snack Deluxe by Wolfgame (Old price $4.29, New price $3.29)

PS Vita owners can download these games from the PlayStation Mobile section of PlayStation Store; owners of PlayStation-certified devices such as the Sony Xperia Z smartphone, Wikipad or Sony Xperia Z tablet, can obtain them through the PlayStation Mobile Store for the same price.

Click here for a full list of the certified devices or here for installation instructions.

Add Your Own

Zionine said:

August 28th, 7:14 am

No Cytus, huh? Wowza.

whatisdelicious said:

August 28th, 7:21 am

There is a distressing lack of Passing Time in that list. That’s the best game on PS Mobile.

Also, Super Crate Box. Also, Rymdkapsel.

Teflon02 said:

August 28th, 7:22 am

chaos rings runs horrible on the //vit kinda makes it unplayable, kinda pissed I bought it

xClayMeow said:

August 28th, 7:24 am

Call me when PSM gets trophy support.

Ryumoau said:

August 28th, 8:01 am

I see Chaos Rings is still overpriced when its ported to vita after all these year. No way am i paying that much for an ios game port with no trophies.

AguilarX said:

August 28th, 8:32 am

Trophies Pls

goodSuM said:

August 28th, 8:47 am

Surprised Cytus wasn’t represented.

Busca-Cabezas said:

August 28th, 9:12 am

I just recently got a Sony Xperia Z. Its a great device! PSMobile games are pretty good too. I got a few thanks to the PlayStation Home E3 event. Gotta Luv it! Now, trophies would really bring it up…

Squiggle55 said:

August 28th, 11:01 am

Sony HAS to realize that trophy support would be huge for PSM. Surely many of these games are on the android store already. PSN integration and trophy support would set them apart. Earning some psn trophies on your phone? Seriously enhances the ecosystem.

If they aren’t furiously working away on this behind the scenes then they don’t care about PSM at all.

saintaqua said:

August 28th, 11:51 am

I tried to slog my way through Chaos Rings. I have no idea why it was lauded as the next big RPG for a while. It’s sub-PSone graphics and slow loads were just awful at that price. And since it had no trophies I would recommend any of the PSone era RPGs for the Vita instead. CR is just way too bare bones and dull.

Add trophy support soon or the mobiles will be just a bad memory. I can still enjoy games without them, but the mobiles are not strong enough to stand without something to bring people in.

Onvertic said:

August 28th, 12:27 pm

Since on the 28 Unity is going to do a presentation, and the ps mobile is going to be mentioned, you guys going to cover the info?

BlueRobotX said:

August 28th, 12:41 pm

This isn’t about PS mobile but maybe you can answer this, when will we be getting our money from the Play promotion, I bought 3 of the 4 games in the promotion and still haven’t received my $6.

BlueRobotX said:

August 28th, 12:42 pm

*?*

AliciaDarky said:

August 28th, 1:14 pm

@Blue RobotX/12: I think I’d read they will give the vouchers on august 31th.

Mando44646 said:

August 28th, 8:22 pm

Trophies please. And thank you

Mando44646 said:

August 28th, 8:25 pm

Also, Chaos Rings is utter rubbish. I regret spending the $8 on it since it looks and runs like crap on Vita. That was my first and probably last buy on Mobile until Sony follows through on trophy support

TripG said:

August 28th, 9:58 pm

I loved Chaos Rings despite the poor frame-rate and would definitely get the other Chaos Rings games in the series; however, I do have a question about Playstation Mobile titles in terms of saved data/backing up. I recently bought a new memory card; backed up everything to my computer as per the instructions; then restored everything to my memory card.

But, my saved data for Chaos Rings was not backed up; the game was like it was when you first install it.

Is there something different to backing up and restoring the save data for PSM titles?

EFUS09 said:

August 29th, 7:31 am

the world ends with you solo remix on ps mobile will be amazing, i really want to see it someday

pandakids09 said:

August 29th, 10:38 am

i Bought Chaos Rings last month because i heard nothing but good things about all true but the one thing that bugs me is why does it run so horrible on the Vita? Can’t you guys get Square Enix to do a update to fix this problem?