God of War

May 13

May 13

Soul Sacrifice Delta Out Today on PS Vita

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone, it is with great pleasure that I can now declare the new Archfiend hunting season open with the launch of Soul Sacrifice Delta, available today for PS Vita — exclusively on PlayStation Store for $35.99. And for the first four weeks, we’ve bundled the game with the following, exclusive raiment items:

• Soulbinder Costume
  • Magic Helm
  • Wizard’s Hat
  • Golden Mask
  • Possessed Mask
  • Slave Clothes

When we announced the release of Soul Sacrifice Delta last month, we introduced you to the new Grim faction and highlighted many new features and improvements to the Soul Sacrifice universe. Here are some more details on the new game modes.

Soul Sacrifice Delta

The first obvious addition to Librom’s pages is the Bazaar Ledger; Carnatux’s bazaar, to be more precise. Here, you can purchase new raiment items, have your palm read, get quest-altering rumours, leave or claim gifts, and embark on special quests to repay your debts because “None of this is free, you know?” as Carnatux would put it. And if you’re lucky, you may even bump into old friends…

Also available from the Bazaar Ledger is the Faction Power Balance where players can contribute to their faction’s global score by logging their Slayer points. Every week, the scores are compiled and the winning faction is named. There’s a reward for each player of the winning faction and the best players in each faction as well. So get logging — your faction needs you!

Found in the Sorcerous Deeds, Alice’s Eternal Maze is a survival dungeon mode where players can test their endurance by trying to survive wave upon wave of deadly Archfiends. The longer you survive, the better the rewards, but be careful: don’t let greed overcome you! You wouldn’t be the first sorcerer to fall victim to Alice’s Hollow, or the last for that matter…

And if you feel you still haven’t had your share of deadly quests, then look no further than the Blank Page mode. In this mode, you will be able to generate random pacts at the cost of some of your offering and lacrima. You can take on the pacts alone or online, and expect a pretty reward once all the quests on the page are completed. There are three blank pages readily available and five more which you can only unlock with Memory Clods.

Soul Sacrifice Delta for PS VitaSoul Sacrifice Delta for PS Vita

Memory Clod and Memory Clod bundle are not available on PlayStation Store at launch in North America due to a technical issue. The two products will be available on PlayStation Store on May 20th. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Whether you’re a seasoned veteran (in which case you will want to transfer your Soul Sacrifice save data over to Delta), or an apprentice waiting to take the Sorcerer’s Ordeal, there is a lot for you to do in Soul Sacrifice Delta: new modes, new sorcerers, new Archfiends, new stories, and much, much more.

In Soul Sacrifice Delta, no matter what time of the day or night you may want to play, chances are that you will always find someone to play with online, as the multiplayer server is now global, so you can team up with players from all over the world!

So go on, read through Librom’s pages and discover its many secrets. “This is where your story begins.”

Stay tuned for the next Soul Sacrifice Delta update which will bring more content. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with a message from the “Comceptor” himself, Inafune-san:

“In Soul Sacrifice Delta, we’ve expanded the world settings based on retellings of classic fairy tales with unique monsters. We’ve already released Soul Sacrifice Delta in Japan and Asia, and we’ve received great feedback from users there.

I’m happy how the game turned out so I’m confident that players in the West will also enjoy the game. With the introduction of additional faction “Grim” and the dynamics among three factions, players across the world will belong to one of the three factions and vie with each other, fighting against new monsters. I hope all of you will be immersed in the world of Soul Sacrifice Delta and enjoy the game to the fullest.”

–Keiji Inafune

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Trendy_Kid said:

May 13th, 8:04 am

I would’ve definitely purchased this had I not deleted my save for the original. I probably should save my money for Hollow Fragment and Freedom Wars anyway!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

Kumi Yuasa said:

May 13th, 12:58 pm

Hi there. Why not start a new game? : ) It is the ultimate edition with loads of improvements and new contents, so your experience will be new and fresh!

ZombiePyro said:

May 13th, 8:06 am

OMFG YES!!!!!!!!!!! The wait is over!!!!!!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

Kumi Yuasa said:

May 13th, 12:59 pm

Yes, the wait is over. : ) Enjoy the game!

erapago said:

May 13th, 8:08 am

Can someone please finally let us know how much the game will cost?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

Kumi Yuasa said:

May 13th, 1:04 pm

Apologies for not including the information in the initial post. Soul Sacrifice Delta is available for $35.99 exclusively on PSN. The game brings many additions and enhancements to the original title. Meet new monsters based on classic fairy tales with a dark twist, and enjoy new maps, quest, spells and more!

beamstrike said:

May 13th, 8:09 am

will the north american version be getting the wild arms 2 dlc/patch?

Mando44646 said:

May 13th, 8:10 am

I would definitely buy this at a cheaper than normal Vita game price. I own the first one and I’m not willing to pay full price for a game that really should have been a DLC add-on for the original. If the price is good, I’ll buy! :D

Bones00 said:

May 13th, 8:11 am

Along with #3 and #5, I would too like to know the price and if the price is affected by owning the original Soul Sacrifice from the Playstation Store.

TheExiled12894 said:

May 13th, 8:13 am

Can’t wait

NegativeCero said:

May 13th, 8:14 am

Seriously, your ignoring the totally reasonable question of what this costs is putting me off from buying it. I suspect it’ll be a full $40, in which case I can’t justify buying it.

StealthReborn-- said:

May 13th, 8:15 am

Hi Kumi,

Just wondering, when it’s stated that we can transfer our save file over and I do, will the character I play which is (1/99) be that level or reduced to say, (1/50) because some of the new additional bosses may be too easy for me at the start?

Thanks for any help you can provide. =)

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

Kumi Yuasa said:

May 13th, 1:35 pm

The level of your character will be reset to 0. But don’t worry! Based on the sum of your previous Life and Magic levels, you will obtain Rumor Notes which will boost the speed of your Life and Magic levels!

Silidus said:

May 13th, 8:16 am

“Memory Clod and Memory Clod bundle are not available on PlayStation Store at launch in North America due to a technical issue.”

So what does this mean exactly? What is a memory Clod and what is in the ‘bundle’ vs the standard digital version?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

Kumi Yuasa said:

May 13th, 1:18 pm

You will not see the products on PS Store when you access them in-game. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please access after May 20th.
    Memory Clods will enable you to create pact pages and unlock new blank pages without consuming Offerings.
    Select “Blank” to create a new page. Note that creating new pages requires consuming Offerings or memory clods. Select a difficulty for the pact page, and then select what you will consume to create one.

Baust528 said:

May 13th, 8:17 am

Any word on a possible PS+ discount? Or a discount for those who own the original game? Can’t wait to pick this up!

Silidus said:

May 13th, 8:20 am

@5 This is more than a DLC would usually provide.

DLC adds on additional content, this is essentially a re-work of the entire game WITH additional content.

This type of business model works well for development companies and consumers. Consumers get better polish on a solid game concept that simply wouldn’t be possible within the development timeframe and budget constrains of a single release. And development companies can put out an initial ‘decent’ version, and then commit to making the game they always wanted, without having to arbitrarily throw out game resources in the name of making a ‘2’.

Rezolution77 said:

May 13th, 8:21 am

Almost bought the first one(digital sale), then played it IGC.

Great game but more for storyline.

Its not so fun multiplayer, and definately not wanting a sequel.

We need other games similar to this one.

Whats wrong with briging games like Phantasy Star over, even the PSP version is off the library now :(

Add games like Sphyon Filter PSP, there are qute a few games still not added even with Sony Entertainment as owner missing.

More crossportable, and more old console sales.

ninth_prey said:

May 13th, 8:25 am

Though I am overly excited about this.game, im seriously displeased that it is digital only. And like others, I await for the price of the game. Sony dropped the ball on this one. The first one was really popular and now you may kill it with this flop of a launch

Nice one!

Sharingan_itachi said:

May 13th, 8:26 am

Will we get soundtrack?

LUCIFERSGLEAM said:

May 13th, 8:26 am

BREAKING NEWS: A competing console just announced today that it will shave $100 off its price with a model that does not come with its camera accessory.

Rezolution77 said:

May 13th, 8:27 am

And really surprised Square Enix or Konami have not made a Vita Exclusive or close.

DragonKingZul said:

May 13th, 8:35 am

It say out now on PlayStation.com, however its not on PSN anywhere. Would you be able to give us an update on when today it will be released?

beamstrike said:

May 13th, 8:38 am

#18 same time the psn store always updates

DragonKingZul said:

May 13th, 8:40 am

I don’t know when that is would you be kind enough to list the average time for updates?

xClayMeow said:

May 13th, 8:44 am

It would be nice if owners of the first game got a loyalty discount. I’m not talking about those that got it free via PS+ IGC, but “true” owners that actually bought the game for real.

Michaux-0 said:

May 13th, 8:52 am

The original was a day one buy for me last year. Absolutely love the grotesque fairy tale storyline. I put 100+ hours into SS and earned the platinum. Sony, Inafune & his team were ridiculously generous in releasing dlc after dlc packs FOR FREE throughout the year. And then it hit the IGC so all the cheapskates could give it a go. So anyone whining about the price of this iteration, or the fact that it is digital only, or there isn’t a plus discount if you bought the original…it’s time to pay the piper. I certainly will pony up for Delta when the store updates. We are fortunate to have this fantastic series localized and ported over so soon after the Japanese release.

The_1_of_Deth said:

May 13th, 8:53 am

@20 the store usually updates between 2 and 4 pm central for me, central time canada, not sure what ur time zone is lol but its comin :P

DragonKingZul said:

May 13th, 8:55 am

You could take your copy to a local retailer that takes back old games and put what you get on a PSN Card or Visa debt card. Since the old version is included in the new game, you would no long need the old one anyways. Also since your a PlayStation plus user , you can get SS as a free PlayStation Plus game. That would give you something of a discount for having the original.

Coraje187 said:

May 13th, 8:59 am

I’m not liking not having a price I will pass. I have the first one I’m good with that. If its 40.00 I will get BL2 instead.

Freakix said:

May 13th, 9:00 am

Is it possible to play Soul Sacrifice together with Soul Sacrifice Delta in local multiplayer / online multiplayer?

RamitheDEADLY said:

May 13th, 9:06 am

where can i find it, its not on he store when i seach for it

DragonKingZul said:

May 13th, 9:09 am

I’m going with no, since they would have to update SS to include all the new player customization, spell,and monsters etc. They won’t be doing that, so in order to multiplayer you will need to have the same game version. Sorry #26.

DragonKingZul said:

May 13th, 9:10 am

#27 it won’t be out till the update of the store around 3PM PDT, 6PM Eastern.

lRoseOfDarknessl said:

May 13th, 9:20 am

I already have $40 redeemed in my acc. since yesterday and now I’m just waiting for school to be over so I can download Delta. Can’t wait…

italodancemp3 said:

May 13th, 9:24 am

Congrats besides the graphic quality is way better than first episode. Vita power yeah

lRoseOfDarknessl said:

May 13th, 9:27 am

Going to stay up all night for this.

Syrus718 said:

May 13th, 9:30 am

Time Is Going To Drag Until This Update goes Lives, I Didn’t Buy The First One As I Just Bought A Vita and Got The first For Free So I can’t wait

lRoseOfDarknessl said:

May 13th, 9:31 am

Everyone that’s getting Delta add me, plus give me a comment in request that you’re from ps blog so I know it’s not just some random person.

igamer1997 said:

May 13th, 9:46 am

Finaly I am eble to fight with Big Bad Wolf once i get the game

DarkKyke said:

May 13th, 9:56 am

Are people really so broke to complain whether or not a game is $20 or $40.. it’s $20!!!!!! If you like the game and want to support the company that makes it so they continue to make more.. pay the price it’s not rocket science. If you’re so tight that $20 is going to make or break you .. should you really be buying video games in the first place? I think people need to give their head a shake and realize that we are losing out on great content like this because of piracy and people being so cheap to not support the companies that entertain us for ours..

lRoseOfDarknessl said:

May 13th, 10:02 am

Wait, Is it $40 or $20?

Skull_Wrecker58 said:

May 13th, 10:06 am

I think its like $40 IRoseOfDarkness

Maverick_fox1 said:

May 13th, 10:12 am

Still waiting for the price guys, what about the PS+ upgrade program Japan got, will it be in the US as well?

Coraje187 said:

May 13th, 10:12 am

Its not the money, its we wanted to know the price and other games tell you the price. When you already bought SS and then they come out with this, 20.00 is alright but for 40.00 its to much when you can get BL2 as a physical copy. I don’t like digital games, and specially on the vita. 20.00 I’m OK with.

Remmy8199 said:

May 13th, 10:12 am

Hey, I just noticed the original is free for PS+ members. Is this legit or was it some kind of goof on Sony’s part? I haven’t heard anything about it coming to PS+.

Welmosca said:

May 13th, 10:34 am

Is Delta a Soul Sacrifice 2 or a revamped Soul Sacrifice?….I’m in doubt.

PS:That triangle in the title…nah nah nah nah nah.

jhaasl said:

May 13th, 10:42 am

Price?

Irishboy3173 said:

May 13th, 10:43 am

@welmosca its a revamped i do beleave

Shadow_Raskolnik said:

May 13th, 10:44 am

What inept person agreed to make this game digital only, it should have been released in retail as well like the previous one. Hopefully when the next Soul Sacrifice is released we will see an actual retail version alongside the digital one.

edubannyx said:

May 13th, 10:45 am

Our it takes, just want to buy the game. Who wants to play later add me edubannyx

Jagerlbomb said:

May 13th, 10:46 am

@41 It’s probably a marketing ploy; play the original, upgrade to the revamped/expanded version for 20-25 bucks. Europe also got Soul Sacrifice free awhile back, so it was bound to end up there eventually.

Remmy8199 said:

May 13th, 10:48 am

@47 that would make sense, but I wanted to be sure. Something about it just didn’t seem right.

Maverick_fox1 said:

May 13th, 10:49 am

@41 and @47 It has been in the IGC for months now, google it.

Ryanevermore said:

May 13th, 10:51 am

Hey there, im just have ps vita unit. i wanna ask somethin.. can i share game download with psn card to my friend? thnx

PAGE 1 2 3