Farpoint

Sep 22

Sep 22

PlayStation TV: Nearly 700 Games to Play Starting October 14th

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

With PlayStation TV’s launch right around the corner on October 14, I’m pleased to confirm that nearly 700 games will be available in the U.S. and Canada to play on PS TV on Day One, including established, popular franchises like Killzone: Mercenary, cult hits like Persona 4 Golden, and classics like Twisted Metal. In addition, I’m pleased to announce that Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom from Little Orbit will also be available in November for PS TV (as well as PS Vita). Our library will continue to expand, with other fan favorites like Minecraft and more. We’re proud to bring such a broad array of content from multiple PlayStation platforms to PS TV, a small console at a great value.

PlayStation TV

On October 14, you can pick up a PS TV starting at $99.99 (MSRP) for the standalone system, or $139.99 (MSRP) for the bundle that includes a Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3), 8GB memory card, and The LEGO Movie Videogame. For a limited time, you can find an exclusive PS TV bundle at Walmart, which comes with everything in the PS TV bundle plus Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, also for $139.99 (MSRP).

PS TV has a large and diverse lineup of games for players of all types, including:

• Rayman Origins
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • God of War Collection
  • Killzone: Mercenary
  • FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 HD Remaster
  • Dragon’s Crown
  • Spelunky
  • FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS
  • Patapon
  • Twisted Metal
  • Borderlands 2
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom

PlayStation TV

PS TV plays select content from PlayStation systems past and present, including:

• PlayStation Vita – PS TV plays select titles from PS Vita, which can either be downloaded to the device or inserted directly into the system using a PS Vita card.
  • PlayStation Classics – Download classic games from PS One and PlayStation Portable, like Wipeout and Twisted Metal.
  • PlayStation 3 – Our game streaming service PS Now is coming to PS TV, which will let you play many PS3 games on the device over the Internet*.
  • PlayStation 4 – If you’re a PS4 owner, use Remote Play to stream a remote play enabled PS4 game from your console to a PS TV over a wired internet connection. If the living room is tied up, just use Remote Play to send your PS4 game up to the bedroom and keep playing on PS TV.
  • *PS Now service may not be available in all areas. For details, see http://us.playstation.com/playstationnow

You can find more information on the games available for PS TV here: The list will continue to grow as our library expands, so stay tuned for more.

PlayStation TV may be a small platform, but it’s got a big PlayStation heart. We hope you get a chance to experience it when it launches in North America on October 14.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 6

Harerazer said:

September 22nd, 7:17 am

OK, you just sold me.

MultiversalNomad said:

September 22nd, 7:25 am

Will one be able to take the Memory Card out of their PS Vita and plug it in the PS TV when at home to play on the big screen, and then take it out of the PS TV and plug it back into their Vita for continuing to play on the go? Or do the two devices require separate Memory Cards?

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 9:54 am

You can use the same card so long as the PSN accounts are the same.

jc1639 said:

September 22nd, 7:25 am

I can not wait for this!. Remote play one of my favorite features used by the PS4 and Vita. I probably remote play more the actually play on the PS4. Will love playing in another room when the PS4 connected TV is in use.

Nukkus said:

September 22nd, 7:28 am

If it’s anything like the Japanese model, you have to have a separate memory card for it. Also, be prepared for glitchiness and horrible graphics. Most of these games were NOT meant to be seen on a big screen. All it does is stretch and blur the image.

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 9:57 am

You can use the same memory card so long as you’re using the same PSN account.

Arvis_Jaggamar said:

September 22nd, 7:29 am

Depending on on how many Vita games come to this system, I may just have to get one…

-Arvis

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

September 22nd, 7:30 am

Will I be able to play my PS3 PSN owned games on it? Like Blitz, NBA JAM, SHANK and BURNOUT?

ElReminator said:

September 22nd, 7:31 am

WOAH! Both Danganronpa Games playable on PS TV!!!

That’s awesome!

sabot37 said:

September 22nd, 7:31 am

Will definitely pick this up. Please consider updating the UI to be more competitive with Apple TV, Roku, etc. The bubbles are horrible for a TV experience and the live area screens are pointless for Hulu, Netflix, etc

Roaming_Ryu said:

September 22nd, 7:32 am

Ok… someone get me a bib… I’m really excited to finally be able to play a few PSP/Vita exclusive Fighting Games using a DualShock controller, and on my TV!

smartham said:

September 22nd, 7:33 am

Does anyone else not love the fact that you can’t “buy” any of the PS Now games? Renting a game is great but if you want to go back and play something again and again, it’ll end up costing way more than just purchasing the game outright. I truly hope Sony will include this option in the future – there are just too many games I want to own, not rent. Somehow I doubt they’ll offer it because this way they can grab more of our money. :(

Popbot said:

September 22nd, 7:39 am

Can you please comment on how the licensing will work?
    I currently own a vita and pspgo. Will the PTV count as it’s own device as far as license allocation goes? If not does it count towards the 2 handheld limit? 2 ps3 limit?
    Thanks

ghoul02 said:

September 22nd, 7:40 am

Is the Vita TV HDCP compliant during gameplay? That will make or break my purchase decision. If it is, I will not buy one.

SmokeAdellic said:

September 22nd, 7:41 am

Can you use your ps4 controller for the ps4 games streamed remote play or do you have to use the vita?

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:03 am

You can use the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to play PS4 games via remote play.

perrandy said:

September 22nd, 7:42 am

will this support vita physical games as well?because i just dont see a port were you can insert a game card
    also,no netpunia rebirth support?=/

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:04 am

Yes PlayStation TV supports PS Vita physical games. There is a Vita card slot on the side of the device.

maxcoronel2014 said:

September 22nd, 7:43 am

For those who already own Vita digital games (that are compatible with the system) , are we going to be able to get those for free on PS TV? (I really think Vita TV was a better name for it).

Patchm00 said:

September 22nd, 7:43 am

So it’s odd because it just doesn’t come out and say it but maybe I’m thick. This just works on any HDMI monitor/tv correct? So if i have a computer monitor with HDMI input, I can plug the PS TV into that port and using my PS3 or 4 controller play the remote play enabled games from my ps4 to that? That would solve the problem of my wife complaining taking up the TV (yes we only have one TV)

mthodmn101 said:

September 22nd, 7:44 am

post the list of all the games so i can make an informed decision.

mthodmn101 said:

September 22nd, 7:47 am

and can i just take my memory card out of my vita and put into a ps tv and the games will work? I am not buying another overpriced memory card

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:13 am

Yes so long as you have the same PSN account on both devices and the games are compatible with PlayStation TV.

nagids said:

September 22nd, 7:51 am

Looks really cool, but I can play my physical japanese games on PSTV? that would be awesome!

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

September 22nd, 7:54 am

I hadn’t looked into this previously, so I’m still a bit unclear on a few points. I think those asking about physical media will be out of luck since the system apparently has no disc tray or game card port.

So when they say this or that game comes with a given bundle…I’m guessing it’s an empty box with a download code. Or if you’re lucky (?), maybe the game(s) come preloaded on the memory card.

And I honestly don’t know the answer to this: Are the memory cards: a) standard Vita cards, b) ordinary ones you could pick up anywhere…or c) yet another proprietary item usable only on PSTV?

Istyle318 said:

September 22nd, 7:55 am

Please add HBO go, Starz ent, crunchyroll, Netflix the streaming TV service you guys just announce and more yo this ptv, I will get rid of my extra cable boxes and just put these on the spare bedrooms #justsaying

Chidori_93 said:

September 22nd, 7:56 am

Nearly 700 Games Available but not Crash Bandicoot or Spyro.
    #GreatnessAwaits

KongWen said:

September 22nd, 7:56 am

Does this mean PS TV isn’t wifi-enabled? You need to have it wired to use Remote Play?

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:14 am

PlayStation TV is Wi-Fi enabled.

redsharpie said:

September 22nd, 7:56 am

Does anyone know if the apps will work? I’m not too concerned about Facebook or Twitter, but NBA Gametime, Hulu Plus and Netflix would be nice. And the browser (if it ever becomes functional enough to use).

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 22nd, 7:57 am

It is great to hear that Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is being released on Vita and TV. YES. Vita needs more Nick and Cartoon Network type games. Bring on Regular Show, Spongebob, TMNT and others. This is great news.

doncabezon said:

September 22nd, 7:57 am

The following pint really needs to be confirmed:

•PlayStation Vita – PS TV plays select titles from PS Vita, which can either be downloaded to the device or inserted directly into the system using a PS Vita card.

I will buy it in a heart beat if this is the case.

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:15 am

Confirmed!

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 22nd, 7:58 am

Will the Vita work with the TV. Can I play a game on the Vita and then continue it on the Playstation TV?

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:16 am

Yes, so long as the game is compatible with PlayStation TV.

Indy-aka-Rex said:

September 22nd, 7:59 am

Is there any possibility of getting Ys: Memories of Celceta on the Vita list? :(

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

September 22nd, 8:00 am

Oops! My mistake.

This page…

playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationtv/specs

…has a partial answer regarding the cards: There’s a slot marked “PlayStation Vita card slot” and another marked “Memory card slot”.

So I can only assume the Vita cards people have now will work with PSTV, though we already have conflicting reports in this comment section. *shrug*

Also assuming the 8GB memory card and the slot are the ordinary kind you could get in any electronics or department store.

JMBlakk said:

September 22nd, 8:05 am

It is sad people don’t read the full post. It clearly says you can insert vita game cards and for those who are asking for the list of compatible games, there is a link in the post. Smh for those who don’t read

JaystainC said:

September 22nd, 8:06 am

Will we be able to download and play PS+ games that come out for PS Vita on PS TV?

xClayMeow said:

September 22nd, 8:08 am

I didn’t buy my Vita to play it on the big screen. Pass.

mthodmn101 said:

September 22nd, 8:08 am

didnt see the link for the full list…. man that list is depressing… only has like 5% of vita games… guess thats why they call it PS TV now instead of Vita TV

psm0110 said:

September 22nd, 8:09 am

If I already have two Vitas and a PS4 will I be able to get this too and stay within the device limit?

warlock7 said:

September 22nd, 8:13 am

They’d better up the capabilities… 720p just ain’t gonna cut it today…

MastaChaOS said:

September 22nd, 8:13 am

Will this set top box have UPNP support?

Kedaro said:

September 22nd, 8:14 am

Trophy support? Mp3 support video support?

jhernandez360 said:

September 22nd, 8:14 am

can you use netflix??

SoHailusive said:

September 22nd, 8:14 am

Wait, so you need a WIRED connection to do remote play from PS4 to PSTV? How many people have a wired connection running to multiple rooms?

ssvillage said:

September 22nd, 8:14 am

The complete list of compatible games are in the EU PS Blog.

mtk93 said:

September 22nd, 8:17 am

Could you clarify this WIRED connection statement? I preorder for the ability to do remote play, but will cancel if that’s a requirement. Or is just what you highly recommend?

John Koller's Avatar

Don Mesa said:

September 22nd, 10:20 am

Wired connection is the optimal condition when using PS4 remote play.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

September 22nd, 8:19 am

Ah, my mistake again. After a bit more looking around for info, it appears the device will play *some* Vita games and that the card slots in question are: one for physical Vita games, and one for Vita memory cards.

But there are also many issues with this: The DualShock 3 is the standard controller for playing Vita games, so games that use features the DS3 doesn’t have will not work properly.

Anyway here’s a link to the current list of compatible games:

support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376

EnobmahChoas said:

September 22nd, 8:21 am

You’re killing me Sony! Look at all those lineup games being played on PS TV! :D

rafael_martines said:

September 22nd, 8:29 am

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS

If perhaps Square remade this game on “HD” like the iOS/Android versions with Trophies and Online Multiplayer (Co-Op and PVP)

surgesnugs said:

September 22nd, 8:30 am

Is there a FAQ anywhere for this thing? Because if it’s restricted to one PSN user per system like the PS Vita it’s no sale.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

September 22nd, 8:32 am

Still no Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops? That’s the only one I’ve been waiting for.

rafael_martines said:

September 22nd, 8:36 am

But finally I can play hunting games withou worry with the battery :P

Jentl_S said:

September 22nd, 8:37 am

What about europe?

seraphtacosnak said:

September 22nd, 8:38 am

@11 * Popbot *

Just to let you know, they changed the portable activations from 2 -> 3 back in November-ish of last year. I have 3 PSPGO’s and never looked back.

I am pretty excited about the “Affordable” PSVita. But, I wonder why no integrated memory?

sackchief said:

September 22nd, 8:40 am

I’m very sold on this, but I’d like to know the benefits for current Vita owners. Can we stream Vita games on Twitch? Because that would really make this worth it to me.

PAGE 1 2 3 6