Knack 2

Oct 01

Oct 01

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype Coming to PS Vita This Winter

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar Posted by CEO, SideQuest Studios

Hi everyone! I’m excited to let you know that we are bringing our shoot ’em up Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype to PS Vita this winter.

The original PS3 version was a big hit with fans and we received a lot of requests for a PS Vita port.

Like all of our games, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype runs on a custom-built engine giving us excellent control over the PS Vita hardware. As a result, we are aiming for a console perfect port, running at 60 frames per second with little to no load times. To make high score and Trophy hunting more exciting, the PS Vita version features separate high score tables and a new Trophy set.

All the cool features of the original game are still there, including up to 10 exciting stages, a dynamic score-linked difficulty system, three different player ships with more than 10 unique weapons, and special limit attacks, challenge mode, online high score ranking & replay playback and lots more.

Söldner-X 2: Final PrototypeSöldner-X 2: Final Prototype

Söldner-X 2 also supports cross buy. That means if you already own the game on PS3, you will be able to download the PS Vita version free of charge and vice versa. So don’t forget to look out for Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype on the PlayStation Store this winter!

PS: Please let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments. And yes, we are still working on Rainbow Skies for PS3/PS Vita, which we plan to launch in 2015.

Add Your Own

Pikachupalo said:

October 1st, 7:03 am

Awesome! This game looks fun… ;)

PiotrRasputinBR said:

October 1st, 7:08 am

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Perfect match for the Vita! Absolutely sold! Please, also consider a Himmelsstürmer port!

Thermopyle2 said:

October 1st, 7:14 am

I’d also like to see Himmelsstürmer get a Vita port.

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 7:16 am

Thanks for your feedback guys:)

Although we never say never, a Himmelsstürmer port is very unlikely at the moment.

ChrisHighwind said:

October 1st, 7:14 am

Oh good, it’s cross-buy. Seeing as I own the PS3 version, that means one more game I’ll be able to get for my Vita.

PiotrRasputinBR said:

October 1st, 7:19 am

Also, pleeeeease, add a X2 Complete + Himmelsstürmer bundle… As it is, we can only buy Himmelsstürmer+x2 or X2+Last Chapter…

OtterX said:

October 1st, 7:22 am

Awesome! I would have gladly bought it again for Vita, but having this as cross-buy is killer! Thanks! -your buddy, Sean B. ;)

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 7:44 am

Nice to meet you here Sean and thanks for your support:)

issowi said:

October 1st, 7:25 am

I never heard of this game before now (shame on me), but it looks pretty awesome. Will be picking it up! Question will you also be bringing it to PS4?

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 7:45 am

Hi issowi,

at the moment we have no plans for a Söldner-X 2 release on the PS4.

TeamGreen615 said:

October 1st, 7:27 am

Always love a Vita announcement! Cross buy is the magic word if you really want to get our attention. Well you have mine now so I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

IKIKURAS said:

October 1st, 7:30 am

More reasons for a wish list. Mod, please pass along this feedback. I can’t keep track of my future purchases. Too many!

Malkavilis said:

October 1st, 7:35 am

Awesome news!!! Day one purchase for me!

3 questions:

1 – It will have two player support via ad-hoc or on-line multiplayer?

2 – PSVita TV support? (PLEEEEEEEASE!!!)

3 – I’m throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening! Why?

Thanks a lot.

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 7:54 am

Hi Malkavilis,

okay, I’m trying to answer all your questions:

1.) The Vita version doesn’t support a 2 player mode, I’m afraid. But it offers the same online high score functionality as the PS3 version, but with new speparated rankings. The PS3 version of course still have a 2 player feature if more than one controller is connected.

2.) Very likely yes.

3.) Not sure I got that right, do you mean the COIN feature in the title menu? If so, every coin increases your credits by one. The credits are used to continue the game once you have lost all your lifes.

Hope that helps.

walterqchocobo said:

October 1st, 7:42 am

Great! This game is a blast on PS3 and a perfect match for Vita.

Khronikos said:

October 1st, 7:43 am

Would really like to see you guys on PS4!

TeamGreen615 said:

October 1st, 7:45 am

Well I completely missed the last sentence about Rainbow Skies. Can’t wait for that one. I’m getting closer to that Plat trophy for Rainbow Moon and you guys did a phenomenal job on it! I will go as far to say that Rainbow Moon is one of my top three games I’ve played on the Vita. Keep up the good work!

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 8:00 am

Thank you very much:) I’m sure you’ll love Rainbow Skies in that case:) We’ll probably release new info about that game after the PAX in Australia. Because of the SX2 Vita version I had to put Rainbow Skies on hold for just a little, but Moritz and Julian continued to create tons of assets in the meantime, so the game will become bigger and even more beautiful every day, you’ll see:) As soon as SX2 Vita has been released I’m already keen to focus on RS:)

RoD_GX said:

October 1st, 7:46 am

Well thank you Marcus for pointing out that you’ve heard the Vita Nation and is going to deliver this game in time while we wait for Rainbow Skies. I’m not a big fan of side scrolling shoot ’em up games because it isn’t as realistic as a 3D airplane fighting game. That’s why I’m trying to convince Atypical games to port their Skygamblers (an Android Air Combat game) to the Vita. If you like air combat games just like we do, please get involved and have your say at tinyurl dot com backslash mtmp4um.
Now since SideQuest has invested the time and workforce, you can count on me that I’ll give my money to show my appreciation and support. Please take the time to polish the game and deliver us the best experience we can ask (and pay) for. By doing so, you’re a much better person and Vita Supporter than Sony’s employees will ever be. Thank you again.

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 1st, 8:09 am

Hi RoD_GX,

Many thanks for your invitation and your kind words. Appreciate your invitation although I can’t add much there because of time constraints. Thanks a lot for your support and feedback in our titles.

Elvick_ said:

October 1st, 7:51 am

Sweetness! :D

Vita needs way more of these. It’s the perfect platform for them… shame on CAVE for dropping Vita support before starting. Would’ve been a match made in heaven.

Malkavilis said:

October 1st, 8:02 am

@Marcus Pukropski Thanks for the feedback :-D And thanks for the sense of humor!

Blacq_Soul said:

October 1st, 8:04 am

well you have both my attention and money. I didn’t hear about it for the PS3 up until now. shame on me but I will pick his up

gus_xl said:

October 1st, 8:07 am

Thanks for the cross buy. Looks like I’m going to have to pick up another version of Soldner.

Remmy8199 said:

October 1st, 8:08 am

Whaaaat!!!??? I didn’t think anyone knew that game existed. Kudos Sony, I’ve been dying for a portable version of that!!!

nagids said:

October 1st, 8:14 am

OMG THIS FIT TOO PERFECTLY IN PSVITA!! I want to play it right now!

Hefestus91 said:

October 1st, 8:28 am

Thank you. Thank you so much for making this cross buy. I bought the game back in March when it was on sale, played Himmelssturmer but never found the time to play final prototype, but on Vita that will be a different story now :D

netrot said:

October 1st, 8:31 am

Ouuuuhh for a year or so u asked this on facebook :-)
After this go for Trilogie please.
Cross……pfff would buy again and again:-)

jimmyfoxhound said:

October 1st, 9:16 am

Nice!! I’ve purchased both Soldner games on my PS3 & I love em to death! Thank you so much for cross buy, that is a great deal! I hope your studio is making another game soon? I’d love to see what else you guys could make. I wish you all the best of luck!

GattsuWolf said:

October 1st, 9:52 am

WOAAAAHH amazing!! Thank you for giving us such an amazing game and supporting the vita! :) you now have my gratitude :)

DaMann22 said:

October 1st, 10:24 am

I bought the soundtracks for the two Soldner games and Im loving them. I will certainly pick this game up when it hits the vita. And as a Rainbow Moon lover don’t wait to long to bring R. Skies to us!

ClawOfTheFallen said:

October 1st, 11:34 am

Many thanks for bringing one of my favorite ps3 games onto the vita!
Can’t wait to play it again!

plaztiksyke said:

October 1st, 12:55 pm

My husband and I loved the PS3 versions of the game. Thank you *so much* for doing right by early supporters and having cross-buy!

you mentioned 60fps, but will it be running in VIta’s native resolution?

any use of rear touch, Near, or other Vita-specific control features?

if anyone from SCEE/SCEA is reading this, this is a great example of bringing awesome PS3 content to Vita! I’d love to see Retro/Grade, Blast Factor, Elefunk, and other Sony-published titles come to Vita!

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 2nd, 12:46 am

Yes, the game is running in 960 x 544. Apart from Vita TV no other vita specific control features (like touchscreen i.e.) are supported. From our experience games like this plays best with analog stick or directional buttons. We offered sixaxis support on PS3 but I’m sure it’ll be hardly used:)

Darth_Raww said:

October 1st, 1:06 pm

I’ve been hoping for this since I first played it on my PS3. Thank you!

buckybuckster said:

October 1st, 2:40 pm

Great news and a must buy for me! Great to hear RS is still on track, I was really starting to worry!

dkarlowicz10 said:

October 1st, 2:58 pm

Begging for this during the PS3 announcement paid off. Seriously, PS Vita needs games like this. I am so happy to see this coming to the Vita. It is perfect. Thank you.

Xdark_dragonX said:

October 1st, 4:58 pm

OMG my prayer has been finally answered!!! THANK YOUUUUUU!!

Quick question.. will this run at the Vita’s native resolution?

GENETICIDE said:

October 1st, 5:56 pm

Physical retail or PC at least.

DjStiv3 said:

October 1st, 11:27 pm

thank you VERY much for this, i bought both a few years ago and never played them much i regretted buying them a bit, obviously they should be free to re-download on my vita right?
that would be great… a little while ago i was regretting buying rainbow moon on vita as well (hopefully they dont do the same as they did with this game, because RM kept the ps3 and vita game purchases separate) but yea we got RM for free with ps plus and i never played it since i bought it so i regret buying it…. so if i get soldner for free, i wont mind having bought both games and not having played any of them much…. (i say this because theyre both from eastasiasoft right?)

********anyway where the heck is himmestrummer???!?!?!?!?!? why just X-2? thats bogus, should have just made it a collection or something, one download, both games

(lastly i played a little bit of joe danger, and i know it has a sequel, is it combined with the first? will x-2 do this?
so many questions….

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 2nd, 12:52 am

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype will be a true Cross Buy. That also includes the DLC. IF you already have the game or DLC on PS3 you can download it for free on Vita.

A Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer port is very unlikely at the moment. It would delay Rainbow Skies even more which is something we want to avoid.

DjStiv3 said:

October 1st, 11:29 pm

just read that my past ps3 buy will be cross buy for vita… YESSS!

now give us Himmelstrummer solder x-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow_Enz said:

October 2nd, 3:32 pm

My Vita is so thankful for this :) Day 1.

Shadow_Enz said:

October 2nd, 3:35 pm

Also, Rainbow Skies on my Vita!

PhoddaII said:

October 2nd, 4:03 pm

I can just say you can`t even start to glimpse how much I love you guys right now…

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

Marcus Pukropski said:

October 3rd, 1:18 am

Many thanks:)
    @Shadow_Enz: Yes, Rainbow Skies will also be released on Vita

Bigmoose1985 said:

October 3rd, 6:49 pm

Now if we can get Soldner-X 3

Daverost said:

October 6th, 7:37 pm

Wow, late to the party on catching the blog post, but that’s awesome news. X2 is still one of my favorite games on PS3. Can’t wait to have it on Vita, too.