Knack 2

Jun 01

Jun 01

Braid, Puppeteer Come to PS Now Subscriptions in June

Jack Buser's Avatar Posted by Senior Director, PlayStation Now

With our June update, the PlayStation Now subscription library will reach more than 125 titles tomorrow — that’s a lot to choose from!

Read on below for the games coming this month, but first some news on how quickly PS Now is expanding to your favorite devices.

As of today, the PS Now subscription is live on PS4, PS3, and select Sony TVs and Blu-ray players, and extending to PS Vita and PS TV in the coming months. We’ve also expanded our Canadian support of PS Now, and you can now enjoy both the PS Now subscription and rentals on all of the same platforms that are currently available in the US.

Also, here’s a cool tip you may not know about: if you’re already a PS Now subscriber, you can access your subscription titles through the PS Now rentals section of the PS Now app on PS Vita and PS TV. Just look for the games with a “Playable” label instead of a rental price, then click and play!

Another neat shortcut we’ve added: if you haven’t yet signed up for the free 7-day trial and started your subscription, you can now get it on the web here.

Here are this month’s new games!

Puppeteer

One dark, moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet. Puppeteer is a brand new franchise developed exclusively for PS3 by SCE JAPAN Studio. Set in a magical puppeteer’s theatre, this title will introduce you to a strange and fantastic world, where the environment is constantly changing. Players will enjoy a rich, dark fairytale where surprises lurk around every corner.

Braid

Braid is a puzzle-platformer, drawn in a painterly style, where the player manipulates the flow of time in strange and unusual ways. From a house in the city, journey to a series of worlds and solve puzzles to rescue an abducted princess. In each world, you have a different power to affect the way time behaves, and it is time’s strangeness that creates the puzzles. Braid treats your time and attention as precious; there is no filler in this game. Every puzzle shows you something new and interesting about the game world.

PS Now: June 2015

Way of the Samurai 3

The consequences of your actions will determine your fate. Choose to fight alongside good or evil during the tumultuous time of the Sengoku era and carve your name into history. Become a hero or become infamous, the choice is yours, in this series famous for its high level of freedom and giving players free rein over their own play style.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

You are the deadliest sniper in the elite Ghost Warrior unit. Positioned deep within enemy territory, deliver precision firepower across stunning real-world environments. Pull the trigger and test your skills in an epic story of intrigue and betrayal. One shot, one kill.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!

From the creative minds of Pendleton Ward (creator of the award-winning Adventure Time animated series) and game developer WayForward, the adventure begins with a completely new storyline staged in the Land of Ooo as players help Princess Bubblegum save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysteries surrounding a massive Secret Royal Dungeon. Play as multiple fan-favorite characters from the show including Finn, Jake, Marceline, Ice King, and more and showcase your best attack moves with special abilities and skills to defeat baddies throughout the dungeon.

We hope you enjoy playing June’s new additions! As always, more titles are on the way for next month, and if you haven’t caught up on the previously added games, you can view the list of all titles in the PS Now subscription right here.

Until next time!

Add Your Own

paulogy said:

June 1st, 11:05 am

Braid was easily one of my favorite games of the last decade, so it’s great to be able to play it on PS4 and/or Vita, even if it’s only streaming.

Also, hey Jack, have you seen this lovely photo of Greg Miller’s dog, Portillo? :-)

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 4th, 12:04 pm

So happy to hear you are excited about Braid! Truly a fantastic game and not to be missed. I think you’ll find streaming this game to be a brilliant experience…

iREVOLTER said:

June 1st, 11:10 am

kewl

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 11:17 am

Glad you like it!

Insomnia999 said:

June 1st, 11:18 am

Nice update! Can we get GoW 3 and GoW Origins Collection in the subscription?

Is PS Now on Samsung smart tv’s yet?

Thoughts on this request from Digital Foundry?
“…but at the very least we would like to see a scalable bandwidth option, so those with better connections can get a better experience. Introducing this option made made a big difference to OnLive’s image quality woes back in the day. At the most extreme end, we recently saw Nvidia’s GeForce Grid stream The Witcher 3 at 1080p60 using 30mbps of bandwidth. Not surprisingly, the results were phenomenal.”

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 11:36 am

Thanks for the kind words! We’ve been hard at work.

You may have seen that North American players that pre-order God of War III Remastered on the PS Store get free 90-day rentals of God of War I and God of War II on PS Now. Stay tuned for more God of War goodness!

No news on Samsung quite yet but more info forthcoming there as well. Regarding connection speed, we highly recommend a steady internet connection between 5-12Mbps. Also, the lower ping that your connection has, the better streaming experience you will have. PS Now supports both Wi-Fi and wired (Ethernet) connections, and we recommend a wired connection for the best possible experience.

gohan16ken said:

June 1st, 11:25 am

Hey

Please change PS Now to make it more like iTunes and less like Netflix and Redbox. PS Now should be exactly like PS Video. I should be able to purchase a game digitally from PSN and be allowed to either stream it online on all devices or download it for offline playing on some devices. I should be able to rent and own games. Also, digital games that I purchased on PS3, I should get it on PS Now at no additional cost to me.

gohan16ken said:

June 1st, 11:31 am

Make PS Now like Nintendo’s Virtual Console. It should not be a separate service but an extension of PSN. Another medium. This should allow all PS3 and PS4 games to PS Now and have both day 1 digital but also day 1 steaming.

TomatoDragon said:

June 1st, 11:41 am

Puppeteer was an amazing game. If you have PSNow….make sure to play it.

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 11:55 am

Agreed. It’s absolutely a game worth knowing. So magical and unique. I can’t wait to revisit it!

Winterwolf2010 said:

June 1st, 11:50 am

I know this might be slightly irrelevant, but since it’s still a “Subscription Based Service”, that Sony offers, I’ll ask. Do you guys have any information on the expansion to more cities for the Playstation Vue Streaming Service?

Insomnia999 said:

June 1st, 11:57 am

Thanks for the reply Jack! Keep up the great work.

The GoW preorder bonus is great! You guys should find ways to do that more often.

Ex. Uncharted 1-3 90 day rentals for preordering Uncharted 4 would be great!

nunley33 said:

June 1st, 12:19 pm

@gohan16ken, what you’re talking about may came at a later time but it’ll take a alot more work to see it a reality, you’ll get there. while streaming all my purchased games on anything sounds great and i’d like it myself, it’s a ways off. This is new and will improve over time. Let’s let it roll out to all devices and get classics in there first. This will be very handy using this on my PlayStationTV.

nunley33 said:

June 1st, 12:21 pm

Puppeteer is great and everyone should try it, especially players who like a good story and who enjoy platformers.

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 1:36 pm

Totally agree!

Amnalehu said:

June 1st, 12:25 pm

PS Now is really building an incredible library! Puppeteer is such a gem. EVERYONE who missed it on PS3 should play this game. If ever there were a game that deserved a sequel or HD PS4 remake it’s Puppeteer. Keep it coming guys!

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 1:39 pm

Thanks so much! We’re working incredibly hard to keep building the PS Now subscription library with great titles. We’re going to reach more than 125 games tomorrow! There are so many fantastic games in there to get to know…

Bellalara said:

June 1st, 12:37 pm

Puppeteer is such a great game! I’m looking forward to getting the platinum this summer

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 1:43 pm

Good luck with the Platinum! PS Now is great for trophy hunters as there are so many titles in the subscription to earn trophies with…

opikal said:

June 1st, 12:57 pm

I like PS Now, but not at the $19.99 a month price. I had the one week trial and only ended up playing about 2 hours on it. If that were to continue, I would waste money. $9.99 would be my price.

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 1:48 pm

If you are looking for the best value, check out the 3 Month subscription. It’s $44.99 for three months, which works out to only about $15 a month. With over 125 games starting tomorrow, you’ll always have something fun to play!

sealum01 said:

June 1st, 1:07 pm

I *LOVE* Playstation Now. I can’t wait to play Puppeteer and Braid! I’m playing the Uncharted series now on my PS4!

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 1st, 1:54 pm

That’s great, thanks! It’s so cool to be able to play through a series like Uncharted, and start at the very beginning. PS Now is such a fantastic way to explore the world of PlayStation.

sealum01 said:

June 1st, 1:09 pm

@opikal, I personally don’t have a subscription, rather I rent the games that I want to play. At around $8 for 30-days, this means that I can comfortably finish a game for much less than the subscription price. If they are short and then I would be paying max $16 in a month to play 2 games.

I’ve played Ratchet and Clank Future: A Stitch in Time, and Shadow Of The Colossus. Both were outstanding games, and the price was pretty darn good.

megacarlos said:

June 1st, 1:56 pm

since I cant get a port of ninu kuni on the vita it needs to be on ps now I would def sub for that

Kid_Loser said:

June 1st, 2:52 pm

Glad to see Puppeteer come. Now just need Resonance of Fate and 3D Dot Game Heroes for PSNow and you’ll bee making bank Sony!

jhernandez360 said:

June 1st, 4:05 pm

I bought this game digital I shouldn’t have to pay a subscription to play it

doncabezon said:

June 1st, 5:07 pm

Coming months for Vita and Vita TV… This is what I am really waiting for. Vita TV and Vita are my main sources of gaming. Good to be mobile when you someone steals the TV remote!

magooser said:

June 1st, 5:17 pm

Still waiting for PS2 games. Not holding my breath though….

SolidZone_26 said:

June 1st, 6:01 pm

Free 7-day trial? I wouldn’t mind trying to sample it if it works on the Vita.

Insomnia999 said:

June 1st, 7:52 pm

Keep bringing all of the exclusive, 1st and 2nd party games to the subscription catalog. So many great big and indie games to add.

As always, keep bringing the top tier 3rd party games to PS Now. The Ubisoft games that were added a few weeks ago were an excellent addition to the service! We need more updates like that.

Calling All Cars, The Last Guy, WipeOut HD, Mushroom Wars, Sideway: New York, Castle Crashers, Rochard, Costume Quest, Closure, The Walking Dead, Sound Shapes, Limbo, Flower, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Dead Nation, etc.

nikolistary said:

June 1st, 9:15 pm

While I am enjoying the crap out of PS Now, I fear I won’t be re-upping my subscription. The three months have been great and are almost over. Beat the Uncharted and Infamous series, Dead Island, and lots more. But I am not seeing a high frequency of adds of truly quality games every month.

Please get more content on Now for subscribers. There’s no point in continuing to pay when every month only 2-5 games are added, and they’re super old kids games.

Add the Resistance series. That’s a no brainer. Mass Effect and Fallout would be great if the devs played ball.

rudetoy said:

June 1st, 9:16 pm

As a Vita owner, I have to say that PS NOW is pretty impressive. Vita owners should know that if you order PS NOW directly from your PS4, you have access to all PS NOW games on your Vita. (TIP: be sure to load the game on your PS4 first, otherwise it won’t show up in your available games list. I spent the first 30 minutes on PS NOW just loading titles so I could play them later. Also, I suggest going into your PS4 settings and expanding the list of games that can appear on your dashboard. If not, they will NOT appear on your Vita as being playable. Believe me, I tried many times),.

Seriously, if you like portable gaming of newer titles, get PS NOW. The experience is not perfect (shooters and intense RPG’s take up so much of the screen that it’s tough to see what’s what), but it is a terrific time.

xScorpion77x said:

June 1st, 9:31 pm

PLEASE add Red Dead Redemption to PS Now!

Superstone said:

June 1st, 9:33 pm

I bought these games too. Not paying for a subscription.

Remmy8199 said:

June 1st, 10:12 pm

I might consider getting this if you implement a yearly subscription at a reasonable price and throw in some PSOne/PSP/PS2 classics that we don’t already have on the regular PSN store. Until then, I see no reason to get this because I still own my PS3. Maybe throw in some incentives for Plus users as well? This service could be great, but I’m gonna be flat out honest, it kinda sucks as it is right now. Not trying to troll or anything, just giving honest feedback.

SpooNManX said:

June 1st, 11:22 pm

I’m not sure why my comment was deleted for asking Sony to make PS1 and PS2 games playable locally on the PS4.
These are done with ease on the PS3 and Sony claims the PS4 is a least 10 times more powerful than that so why aren’t we able to play PS1 and PS2 Classics on this system?

We don’t all get perfect ping rates and some of us have to pay expensive data fees to stream content. Let us own our games locally.

punkmusic2009 said:

June 2nd, 6:13 am

i just got a ps3 update and there is no info of it on ps blog or on the update link im just woundering whats in this update

snarls200 said:

June 2nd, 10:45 am

SpooNManX : did u put a link in the post by any chance

milepa1984 said:

June 2nd, 10:58 am

Looks like 1 game is missing from subscription library this month, i had 124 games last month, but this month 128 (with 5 new added games this month), did SONY already start loosing licenses on some games, did anything got removed? Besides that i’m pretty happy with PS now i ve been subscriber since February, didn’t have any issues playing games. My internet speed is 20 mb/s.
But if sony start removing games every months from already not that big library, I will probably unsubscribe.

plaztiksyke said:

June 2nd, 11:37 am

Puppeteer is pretty fantastic, I highly recommended it to all my PlayStation friends. but…

Puppeteer had a great use of the Move for light co-op, perfect for playing with younger kids. No Move support (understandably) in PS Now, so that interesting aspect is gone. Puppeteer also had some fantastic use of stereo 3D — the character design, lighting, and environments really popped in 3D. PS Now doesn’t support stereo 3D, so that other innovation is lost.

I’d love to see a PS4 version of Puppeteer — 1080p 60fps stereo 3D would be just phenomenal for showing off the amazing character and environment designs, and the DualShock4 could be used instead of the Move for the co-op play.

bearranza said:

June 2nd, 2:21 pm

Am I able to access my PS3 cloud saves using Now on my PS4? I no longer have my PS3 but wouldn’t mind trying to get the one glitched trophy from The Last of Us that I’m missing for the platinum.

xROCKxTxCLIMBERx said:

June 2nd, 6:49 pm

It would behoove SONY Financially to minimize Indie style games and focus on more popular games that appeal to consumers with larger disposable income that want to see better quality, mainstream, action filled gaming that is more appealing and presents better graphics, bold characters and less mil lineal friendly. Games that get the blood flowing vs games “indie games” that cause induced deep REM drowsiness. SONY has begun a quest to bore its audience instead of incentivize. Make the games accessible, not the price of a bad date gone to crap and a vain burden on the wallet.

Orpheus_Aeons said:

June 3rd, 12:10 am

@29 punkmusic2009: If you’re talking about the 4.75 FW… you didn’t find any info about it simply because basically it doesn’t do ANYTHING.
Officially…it fixes some “minor system stability issues”.
Off the record though…it’s just a “scr3w the h4ckers” type of update. Nothing more. -_-

You’re welcome. ;)

PS: Awful reply by Jack Buser. He obviously didn’t even read the comment, then why bother? >_>

la_terra_trema said:

June 3rd, 10:42 am

I’m glad that Braid is on PSNow and thus technically playable on the Vita, but is it possible that the game will still be ported to the Vita? It’s strange that despite the Vita’s reputation as a machine for indie games, major titles like Braid and Journey have yet to be ported.

favian said:

June 3rd, 5:24 pm

PS Now is going to be a pretty amazing value the more they add games to it. The only thing that is disappointing is that I bought a PlaystationTV and Vita and they only supported ps3 rentals, as opposed to the subscription service.

I think having a portable little pocket sized ps3 i can take with me on anywhere would be HUGE for this service.

Jack Buser's Avatar

Jack Buser said:

June 4th, 12:10 pm

So glad you see so much value in the PS Now subscription! Actually, the subscription will arrive in the coming months to your PlayStation TV and PS Vita. Right now, you can access your subscription titles through the PS Now rentals section of the PS Now app on PS Vita and PS TV. Just look for the games with a “Playable” label instead of a rental price, then click and play!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 3rd, 10:16 pm

Once you have more content (1st + 3rd party), an annual membership option (where a per month price is a bit cheaper), and are available on my devices, i.e. android and iOS, I’ll seriously consider signing up on principle alone.

NicoleHartley4 said:

June 4th, 3:13 am

I freelance over th? internet and earn about 80-85$ an hour. I was without a job for 7 months but last month my paycheck with big fat bonus was $15000 just working on my computer from my home for 5-6 hours. Here’s what i have been doing…
☆☆☆✿✿✿✿ WWW.­E­X­T­R­A-S­A­L­A­R­Y­2­4­.­­C­O­M

trojancap said:

June 5th, 1:16 pm

hey jack user. how r u sir? thanks for all your great service. was wondering when are you guys gonna put EA SPORTS NFL BLITZ on playstation now store for rental? i see nba blitz and other psn games are already on store. Thank you

trojancap said:

June 5th, 8:51 pm

Hey Mr. JACK BUSER can u please put ea sports nfl blitz and madden arcade which are both ps3 games on playstation now store? THANKS

Mystic_Pixie said:

June 16th, 1:04 pm

I would love to subscribe to Playstation Now but until there is a family subscription where you can have multiple profiles under one subscription I eon’t be doing it. $40 a month for myself and my husband is just too high. I hope that in the future this might change and you guys adapt a family subscription similar to how Netflix did. It’s $7.99 a month for a single account or $13.13 a month for a family account with up to 5 profiles on Netflix.

jmacgamer85 said:

June 17th, 9:45 pm

I received a PS4 for Christmas 2013. I really wanted to open it the day I got it, but there was a problem: I was very far behind on PS3 trophies, and the PS4 didn’t have backwards compatibility. I plan on selling my PS3 before opening my PS4, so I got to work on catching up my trophies. Below is what remains on my PS3 bucket list.

Battlefield
Tomb Raider
Dragon Age
Gran Turismo
Rayman
Infamous
Mass Effect

I can’t move to PS4 until I finish the PS3 games thanks to the lack of backwards compatibility. If you look on the PS Now list, you have several series that are missing titles. Examples: Infamous is missing Festival of Blood, and Far Cry is missing Blood Dragon. Sony would be getting hundreds of dollars in games from me on PS4 if there was better backwards compatibility, either in the form of PS Now or some other way.

Sony, PLEASE add better backwards compatibility. Either fill in the missing holes in the PS Now list or add 100% backwards compatibility to PS4. I can’t make the move until you do.